YAKUZA 1/2/3/4 ON SALE AGAIN

THEY GOT A MOTHERFUCKING REPRINT BABE THIS IS YOUR CHANCE TO HAVE ALL OF THEM

videogamesplus.ca/yakuza-ps2-p-11409.html

how the fuck are they still printing games for a 17 year old console

just how they print vinyl records

>50 Obesity dollars

No thanks

>Sega can reprint 1-4 but can't give 5 a physical release

How rare is Yakuza 3? Is it worth getting?

Those are worthless maplebux m8. That's about 30-35 Yankoins.

REPRINTS ALSO ON AMAZON THIS IS NOT A DRILL

1 and 2 are 50 burgerbux on Amazon, 3 and 4 are 40

>mfw i got Yakuza 2 just last year for only £19 and it was practically brand new

Its one of the weaker entries and has a slower start, but its still a solid game.

50 bucks for PS2 games, I'll pass.
I'll just emulate them.

It doesn't have a digital release right now. As for Y3 it has a slow start but still a great entry in the series.

free on emuparadise

Are we bot enthusiastic hobbyists? Sometimes it is nice to collect these things.

Who else would value these things, if not us?

COMPANIES CAN JUST PLACE PRINTING ORDERS LIKE THAT EKGDKNHEJD

PANZER DRAGOON SAGA MOTHERFUCKER PLEASE

I'm actually a huge collectfag, and the reseller in me is telling to buy it now for when it shoots up again.
But I'm not huge into the series, only played 0, and $100 buy in for the next two entries isn't good for me.

WAIT WAIT WAIT.

This is surelu surplus stock? Or are you telling me retailers can request new fucking prints?!

If a retailer wanted 1000's of copies of say, resident evil 2 on the PS1 could they fucking request this? Silent Hill 3? Sonic the hedgehog 1? What the fuck anons!?

No, some retailer ordered a reprint.

Makes sense, if you aren't sold on a new game in the series, dont really bother.

Quit smoking you fucking degenerate

You're killing them

>No, some retailer ordered a reprint.

THAT MEANS YES RELATIVE TO THE QUESTION AAAAA

Why are PAL and Japanese spines so boring?

The biggest problem I had with Yakuza 3 was that the subtitles are fucking tiny and half the time they're the same colour as the background so you can't see them.

Wot? Non smoker user, but please explain.

You think sometimes retailers secretely order reprints to resell them on ebay for gorrillions of dollars?

Because all the energy went into our far superior front box art.

Some of those spines are stained badly

>No, some retailer ordered a reprint.

Right, so please expand to my other questions. Could a retailer ask nintendo to reprint N64 cartridges like Resident Evil 2?

Only a select few games are smoke stained, his dad may have been the smoker when he was young

I'd rather get the HD remasters.

>buying PS2 games

Some of those spines are not my own orginal purchase and i cannot buy them new now. Silent Hill 2 will be the hardes to look after in years to come.

Of course not, why would we do that?

>enjoying video games

Why are you here user? Don't you have a digital licence to own at someone elses leisure?

>$49.99CDN

I bet they were able to make a deal with SEGA for this because Yakuza is making a minor resurgence in the west.

Get those ISOs firing, lads.

Just a few years ago I got a brand new copy of MMX Collection on PS2 for like $17

That's like 40 dollars US, and for new copies. Yakuza 2 was upwards of 100+ dollars for a used copy before this.

>you have to spend money on a game to enjoy it
Thanks for the PSA, Dr. Shekelstein.

Its a fucking shame that smokers literally tar everything around them

Repulsive

You know... As someone who ones Yakuza 1,2,3,4 & 5 and purchased them for reasonable prices here in the UK, i champion a retailer thst might undercut a bunch of fucking scalpers in the US who try to sell Yakuza 2 DISC ONLY for $75+

Fuck those guys they don't even keep the games.

I got 1 and 2 for 40 burger bucks on eBay.
For the true weebs, you can get Yakuza 1 JP for less than $20.

I believe the same company did this for Infinite Space and other Atlus DS games a year or so ago? Maybe they found some

I agree. I can say at least the previous anons at least left the discs mark free.

When? I spent a while checking Yakuza 2 prices on and off before buckling down and spending the hundred buckos on Y2 last year.

Of course I only got around to playing it like last month so this news kind of stings.

>reprinting PS2 games
That's pretty neat.

I pirated both of the PS2 games like 8 years ago though so wasting money on them is stupid.

not ebay but I remember gamestop got some shit for pulling that with xenoblade and pretending they were used copies (so they could charge $80) a while ago

>be PC'uck
>have to beg for ports of old games since glorious Nippon shows us no respect
>"I-it's to preserve old games from being lost forever!"
>Sega orders a reprint

Holy shit, how does Sega keep finding new ways to BTFO mustards every week?

These aren't worth getting for non-collectors, right? I mean, I could just emulate these.

>enjoys video games
>has to mug off others for choosing to enjoy video by buying things diffirently to the way he put money towards achieving a similar end

We all have only have a short time in this life user. Try to enjoy them more.

They could, but there's no reason for them to say "yes."

You're never gonna see a reprint of Panzer Dragoon Saga, for example. Ignoring everything else there's the fact that the saturn used their own cases which would cost more than it'd be worth to make them again most likely. You can go to any staples or walmart and buy a hundred DVD cases for a PS2.

>this overused example

The right is better, just the 3d model is dated. The left is a lackluster cover.

But Yakuza has been playable on PC for years. This very reprint is playable on PC.

on one hand I wanna get this but on the other 50 smackaroos seems like a bit much for an older game (that isn't some special edition, but just a straight up reprint) and for whatever goddamn reason I'm still holding out on Y1/2 getting PSN re-releases.

In any case I'm hoping this will at least drive used copies' prices down. I might regret skipping on it now and I don't want to have to pay $100 or whatever Yakuza 2 was going for last time I checked when the time comes.

Isn't there a huge upfront cost to start a new production?

Depending on the console yeah

Keep in mind it isn't like they can contact Nintendo for earthbound reprints without paying a huge fee

PS2 games and early 2000 is easier because Japanese devs started to save their source code more often

Looks like the American marketing team has you hands down at least. Never underestimate the advertisment industry after all.

>This very reprint is playable on PC

For real? As in you can take these physical reprinted discs and play them on a PC?

And I could say the same for you in reverse. A lot of examples of American covers being worse are true but this is not one of them.

Nice

Most the battle is at least is getting a clean disc with no human larve paw prints or cheeto dust

Through an emulator, yes.

And yet the most cited next to mega man and angry kirby...

To be fair, i think that age is over anyway. My copy of Yakuza 0 and Resident Evil VII look exactly as yours does.

No, but you can steal an ISO of the game and spend 3 hours setting up an emulator to play the game on your $1500 PC!

>tfw Japanese PS2

If you can emulate 1&2, yeah. PCSX2 can read from DVDs.

Worth buying a PS2 for Yakuza 1/2?
I had a PS2 way long ago but have no idea whatever happened to it, could just be buried in moving stuff somewhere. I've gone ahead and played 3/4 and loved them.

And once again, it's only bad because of the dated 3d model. Take him out the picture and it's a fine cover. The left one is a good picture on its own but not cover-worthy.

Are none of the Yakuza games on PC?

A PS2 costs less than these games. I'd hesitate to say you should buy one just for these two, but it isn't terribly expensive.

>No, but
Never go full retard, user.

>$50 for a ps2 game
Nostalgia

Are all of them available in english?

Aside from emulation? No.

The ones reprinted yeah, but there's some that never came over like Ishin, Kenzan and those PSP things.

Ah, shit. I'm so used to consoles being 300-400 dollars nowadays it totally slipped my mind that a PS2 is cheap now.
Thanks m8, will look into that once I've got some spare spending money. I'm sure I've missed plenty of other classics anyhow.

How about the oversaturated colours, the fact that the background in the American cover wouldn't look like fucking anything and lack any artistry without a figure on it, and that the text used to write "ICO", while the same font, looks absolutely hideous.

If Yakuza 2 is in stock I'll buy it. It emulates like shit and I want to get onto Yakuza 3,4,5 on my PS3 as soon as possible

Could be worse
Could be a $300 SNES game or a $4,000 PS1 game

Bless you, OP. Just ordered 1 and 2.

Y4 is $19.99 on PSN

that's legit the first time i've seen the term shekelstein used outside of a general sam video

Y2 and 1 emulate just fine

shame there's no PAL reprint.

In truth i always thought our covers were matters of laziness. In the US MGS covers are 3D renders whilat we mereley recived concept art as ours. The twin snakes US boxart was the one MGS boxart i actually coveted over our concept art ones.

That said, i really like how we did a lot of resident evil box arts.

>digital
Neck yourself

in the OP lmao

why

>MGS covers are 3D renders
No they weren't.

And on Amazon

well now I feel silly, I literally just bought the japanese version of yakuza 2 off ebay a week ago

>merely received concept art

but those covers are fantastic, and look better than any 3d render cover.

Please... We can still pick up any of the Yakuza games for less than £20 see Its just about waiting and pouncing. I never pay more than £20 for these old games.

>1-4 gets reprint
>5 still digital only

Well whatever we call this then:

yeah

>In the US MGS covers are 3D renders
>he doesn't own the essentials collection

>In the US MGS covers are 3D renders
What the fuck am I reading

Soon™ they'll make a really limited run of Y5 copies. Trust me my dad is the dragon of dojima

I don't own shit in NTSC im not American, i thought that was clear?

>whatever we call this then
A spinoff game nobody bought. All the actual MGS games don't look anything like that.