Now that the dust has settled, what do we think of GTA IV?

Now that the dust has settled, what do we think of GTA IV?

Shit characters, shitty city, worst drive mechanics in the series, one good expansion one bad expansion, ok shooting mechanics, literally nothing to do after you finish the storyline

Better than 5

Masterpiece

A flawed gem.
Disliked by the same shit taste faggots who prefer MGS3 to MGS1.

I don't really know/care about how "we" as a collective think about it, but I think it was a brilliant game in its unique way.

The city has an atmosphere yet to be topped by another GTA game. The story is really good too. I just loved the dark tone of the game.

Also the driving physics actually provided some skill ceiling, unlike in GTA 5.

Not a bad game, but easily the worst post-III game in the series.

People who say it's even remotely better than V are just being contrarian.

One of the best GTA, I am playing it and I love it, good graphics, story very imersive with a bosnian story war background, the driving est crazy far better than V who is like saints row. I played gta V today and the driving and everything else is ridiculous.
Ny > LA full of faggot progressive that you can see it even in the clothes and cars of pnj.

Gta IV = for normalfag
Gta V = noobfag that can't accept two collision in one Km when he is driving fast without familiarizing with it

OFFICIAL Sup Forums GTA POWER RANKING

1. Vice City
2. San Andreas
3. GTA III
4. GTA IV
5. GTA V

i liked the driving but everything else was just okay. it removed the fun and humor for super srs bsns story and removed all the fun side shit that previous games had. fun mods though.

1. San Andreas
2. Vice City
3. 4
4. 3
5. 5

the cars were slower (and yes, realistic. do you think some shitmobile you steal off the street is going to handle sharply? give me a break) but people acted as if the AI weren't driving the same cars. They were handling the same boats as you, so you weren't at any disadvantage. Suck it up and learn that in real life you have to slow down for corners

aside from that I really enjoyed the game, I finished it twice, once for fun and once to get the Liberty City Minute trophy or whatever it was for doing it in under 30 hours. I've played far worse games, definitely

AI was on rails for some missions.

must have been some slow-ass rails, don't remember being caught once

Absolute shit.

It was too serious and didn't have the same compelling characters coming off from Vice City nor the new features from San Andreas.

It was a decent video game but not a good Grand Theft Auto game.

Graphics didn't age that well but I keep coming back for the physics. Kind of like going back to San Andreas for the map or Vice City for the radio.

Other way around.

The guy Niko has a car chase with and ends up pulling a knife on Niko at the top of that warehouse, and you cinematically push him through the glass and it goes to slowmo to show you their physics engine.

Not rockstar's best work but it was pretty cool when it came out.

>3 better than anything

This is seriously some retard nostalgia revisionism

5 sucks dick

3 protags was a bad idea, they all suck, the mission structure sucks, the entire game was a large disappointment.

hurr forced cars that respawn perfect

THE FUCKING TITLE OF THE GAME IS GRAND THEFT AUTO, AND THEY DETER YOU FROM STEALING CARS