Was it really that bad?

Was it really that bad?

The combat was fantastic. Everything else was shit.
So yeah, for anyone that wanted a good rpg, it really was that bad.

Yes. Yes it was. The gameplay was slightly improved over the previous one (but still isn't the RPG I started playing in ME1). Everything else though was shit.
>Characters
Shit
>Character development
Shit
>Plot
Shit
>Story arcs
Shit
>Ending
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>General gameplay
Shit

All in it was the shittiest Mass Effect.

>you share a board with people who are actually hype for the next installment after this abortion

fuck all of you

I expected it to be the worst thing ever due to how Sup Forums and everyone else reacted to it, but it was just dumb and forgettable.

IMO no. I thought the game was fantastic up until the ending, which was absolutely retarded. People always say that the story was horrible, but I didn't think that was the case. People who DO think that, what reasons do you have?

Okay with shit ending
Multiplayer was fun
1 > 2 > 3

aw man you guys are nuts

chasing around a ghost kid to get the same 3 endings in three different colors was awesome. and that pop up message that says buy more dlc? amazing!

Not really. The ending was a huge spit in our faces, though.

Mordin's arc was the only part I liked and
>"If there is a heaven....meet me in the bar. I'm buying."

I was having fun replaying this game until I did the omega expansion. Aria was fucking spinning around during her speech and I just couldn't go on.

No. It's a 7/10 with a shitty ending.

The Citadel DLC is 10/10. Prove me wrong, faggots

i thoroughly enjoyed it right up to the point where you get sucked up into that beam and talk to the kid

then it all fell apart and i would have dropped it completely if not for the multiplayer

So in other words, you liked it up until the ending?

>An IGN reporter was modeled and put into the game
>Characters were introduced only for pandering
>Your self insert has PTSD
>Kaiden is gay now
>Kei Leng
>The new game even takes place in a new galaxy because they writers wrote themselves into a corner.
>At the start of Mass Effect 3, when the team you built is completely scattered, thus rendering the previous game even more pointless.
>We just found the plans for the most important artifact in the galaxy to stop the Reapers. And it’s on Mars.
>The dream sequences.
>Cerberus is somehow fielding a massive army capable of attacking points all over the galaxy all at once.
>We somehow built a huge weapon and we don’t know what it does.
>The final conversation with The Illusive Man.
>The conversation with the Starchild and the revelation of the purpose (LOL) of the Reapers.
>Lore rape and retcons
>In the Arrival DLC, we saw that destroying a mass relay caused an explosion with the equivalent power to the creation of a supernova
>So now we have everyone stranded in the star cluster they were in when Shepard saved the galaxy by blowing up the only efficient interstellar travel system.

The ending sure was.

>The new game even takes place in a new galaxy because they writers wrote themselves into a corner.
That's actually my main porblem with the ending. Who the fuck approved this bullshit? What were they thinking about?

Who here hyped for Andromeda?

its like they didnt realize that the destroy ending, which most people likely chose, would essentially doom the galaxy

Dunno.

Didn't play it after massacre of both the story and gameplay with 2.

>Was it really that bad?
It was worse.

>tfw chose green
>no way they will choose that as canon and make all races cyborg gods
fuck this shitty series and fuck nu-bioware. series died at the color choice.

>inb4 something suitably "racist" about geth, or quarians, or both
unity would be best though.

1 > 3 > 2

Only thing 2 did better was having an ending that isn't a pile of donkey dicks.

a ghost kid that only appears in literally 1 40 second scene in the entire trilogy.

god this game was awful how in the fuck did people actually like this?

It was worse

muh artistic vision.
Y-You're just entitled

not falling for your tricks saren

by pretending that shit never happened and taking the rest of the series for the journey, which was decent by all accounts.

Saren actually tried to green ending in 1 but couldn't overcome the reapers bullshit.

knowing he was fucked he passed the torch to shep before he suicides.

Everything about it was bad.

You fucking retards, its...
2 > 1 > 3

Mass Effect 2 improved the first ones gameplay completely, it also had the best story, mass effect 3 was pretty much the same gameplay only worse story.