This is the morning I woke up and realized PS4 is actually a proper successor to PS2 now

This is the morning I woke up and realized PS4 is actually a proper successor to PS2 now.

Shit man, they actually did it.

The only current successor to the PS2 is the 3DS

the only good games on that list are multiplats.

3DS is really mediocre though carried almost entirely by MH and Bravely.

No way, 3DS lacks good action games when compared to the PS2.

If you mean 3DS because it can also play DS games, Then sure.

3DS by itself has maybe a 6 good games and ~20 okay games.

And it only took 4 years and an overpriced half-gen improvement console to get there

3DS is dead

3DS was a good companion handheld with PS4. Basically some really decent weeb games. But a successor to PS2. Nope.

>Took four years to produce six exclusives.
>One game that's going to be on PS3.
>One that is coming out on PC.

I fucking miss the PS2 library.

That face when you fell for the PC meme and are stuck playing modded old games while all the good stuff comes out on ps4

maybe I can emulate it in 10 years time, r-right guys?

Just buy a ps4

what good stuff lol

It's been 7 years and PC still doesn't have a single game that justifies a hardware purchase that exceeds $100. It's best games are indie titles and games designed to run on 6 year old spec.

The Japanese gaming industry got set back a couple years due to complications with the PS3 but it's still doing better than every other console due to the support from first, second and third party game developers and it's current library of exclusives easily justify a sub $300 investment not to mention it's support for the future line up of games which is arguably PS2-tier

Games like:
Persona 5
Dragonquest 11
God Of War
Spiderman
Final Fantasy 7 Remake
Kingdom Hearts 3
Yakuza 6
Yakuza Kiwami
Nioh

etc.

Some of those may not even be exclusive but the fact is all of those games are arriving on the PS4 half of which are exclusive which simply makes it the best console.

I actually have the Ps4+3ds combo. Despite being sort of a weeb, I somehow haven't really gotten much games for the latter. If had to name those 6 great games, what would they be? I might get some of them.

I've clocked more hours in Civ and Arma than any games on PS3/4.

Check mate.

The 3DS was an all around disappointment.

Pointless, gimmicky feature as its initial idea that only carried itself because the library wasn't the worst, but compared to the GBA and DS it's the redheaded step-child.

Woops meant to reply toBut since the other user mentioned the Bravely default games, are they really that good? I've understood they're sorta like classic jrpgs, but are they grindy?
T.

>no Dark Cloud
>no Shadow Hearts
>no Suikoden
>no Wild Arms
>no Onimusha

PS4 will never be PS2 successor

still need 2 more ratchet & clank and we good

My gameplay time is more centered on PS4 but I did get a lot of time out of Civ6. I'm not a big fan of Military RP but I can see the appeal and fun in Arma, I'm just personally over war and shooting games

They actually did. The PS2 was an overrated as fuck console with almost nothing but multiplats and shovelware. The PS4 is the same.

League was a good time waster for me. Im glad i waited until 2017 to buy a ps4 because it actually has games now.

Just ordered a Pro
Think PC port of Nier will be worth waiting for, or should I just go for it on launch?

They actually did it bros.... wow...

I'm literally shaking rn....

Yakuza 0 and P5 are on PS3

I never was able to get into Mobas, I've been more of an MMO guy and I've sunken probably half my life into them but yeah I agree, the PS4 finally did get games but I'm the impatient type and got one in 2015 to play BB and every release day one, can't say I regret it I think I've got 15 or so games for it now and a lot of playtime.

Square and Sony I think obvious signed a contract together, I'd expect to see SO5 on PC before Nier which is at least 1 year or longer away. It really depends on how long you can wait and if there's enough games to play in the mean time. I'm impatient though so I am fully biased toward getting it day one for consoles.

PS2 had the equivalent of that in a couple of months.
On the other hand, PS4 is over 3 years old, and still doesn't even have everything in the picture

>1 fucking vita port
>3 PS3 games
>2 better on PC games
>and SJW Zelda Killer
HAHAHAHAHA

Sometimes I wonder if being this delusional is fun.

There is no successor to the PS2. It was the last great console.

I'm hopeful for the Switch only because I consider it a handheld.