Sup Forums

Sup Forums

What If someone put a gun to your head and made you pick

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/4281208
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

People who prefer steampunk tend to be depressed while those that prefer cyberpunk live life to the fullest.

then explain how reddit overwhelmingly chose steampunk by around 93% of the votes

Top one, definitely. Cyberpunk still has merit as speculative fiction, whereas steampunk can only be fantasy at this point. Not that that's a bad thing, since I like fantasy, but now it's purely used for escapism rather than thinking about what the future holds. Furthermore, most steampunk has been co-oped by people who don't get it and just want to dress up like English nobles with bras buttons.

strawpoll.me/4281208

>steam powered giraffe
already having a shit day didnt need to be reminded about them desu

Cyberpunk is better defined and makes for better games.

Steampunk has more potential but nobody knows how to tap it to make interesting shit.

The main issue is that while Cyberpunk games can afford to go all in with their theme, Steampunk is just adapted to whatever universe it's used in. Steampunk is torn apart to use in various settings while Cyberpunk is its own thing.

Fucking shit you tasteless niggers don't know the beauty of STEAM.

Cyberpunk. The aesthetic is fucking amazing. Even "light" cyberpunk is cool as fuck.

Steampunk is always enjoyed by the most cringey people I've met IRL. People who unironically describe things as "epic", watch Dr. Who and Supernatural and the Walking Dead, and genuinely post soc jus stuff on social media.

what's the game in the top picture of steampunk? I dont recognize ti

Bump

Cyberpunk

But im sad

I prefer Thief 1 and 2 along with Arcanum to Deus Ex so steampunk.

Your shit is cherry picked, but I like cyberpunk better anyway.

>the actual future vs victorian but not really circlejerk
ill take bionic implants for 100 internets.

Medieval with steam based tech. Diseases and disgusting people everywhere.

I unironically like Steam Powered Giraffe so that one.

Enjoy your pollution and plague.

Anyone who doesn't pick cyberpunk is too stupid too have a conversation with.
guaranteed replies

Cyberpunk is a fairly decent genre that's actually spawned some not shit content across various media.

Steampunk is a bunch of neckbeards jacking each other off over le epic maymays. It's never spawned anything worthwhile, because anything that didn't totally blow greasy assholes was immediately overrun with said neckbeards and ruined by their faggotry

>its never spawned anything worthwhile
well...there is this...

Whats the neuromancer of steampunk

Bump

based