FOR HONOR THREAD

layed the beta for a couple of hours. Got bored. Little content. Only 9 characters. 3 factions. Can't switch default weapons. Weapon upgrades come in crates you have to buy. The combat system is slow and unresponsive. Weapons look the exact same with different upgrades. Shit game modes.
yeah, this game sucks. What's your opinion?

[could not connect to servers]

Combat got repetitive surprisingly quickly. Maybe I just don't know enough combos?

The game in general feels slow.

I have never been so fucking pissed by a game before, it feels like shit, controlls are unresponsive, poeples use cheese tactics like throwing you off cliffs because why not lol, its literaly inpossible to guard break if the host hasn't an absolutely perfect connection,....... Its a fighting game, and just like any other fighting game, you get destroyed by anyone slightly abive your level and demolish anyone below, everybody quits, this game is a mess

Meh, I don't hate it, but also don't love it. The combat system basics are fine but there are very few special moves and combos get blocked anyway by anyone competent. The lock on system works for 1v1 but is horrible for many opponents so 2v1 is almost impossible, which makes game modes other than duel pointless, making the game boring quickly. I played it yesterday for a few hours and already am quite bored. Not to mention Uplay and the many technical problems. Overall will not be buying in this state.
Not to mention the retarded knock off the ledge mechanic that is a prominent feature of most maps. Especially the cheesy viking guy. Whoever manages to land the first throw wins, such fun. I just ended up staying away from ledges because most people were obviously setting up cheesy knockdowns. I'll just run to gang up on someone else or wait for you to come fight normally if you do this. Also I ended up winning A LOT, considering I suck at fightan-like games.

its supposed to feel slow and weighty

who the hell do you play

>fat fuck class
>balanced class
>assassin class
>long-armed class

whyyyyyyyy

I think its pretty fun for what it is.
I like dog tackling nerds as Raider and stabbing the shit out of people as Nobushi. Will probably buy it eventually.
>Weapon upgrades come in crates you have to buy
Nevermind.

>he doesnt know defence adds to rage meter allowing you to deal with multiple people

sounds like you just gave up pretty quick

I play conqueror. Yes, I know he's supposed to be slow and strong as fuck. He's actually my favorite class funnily enough.

The other faster classes don't feel vicious enough in comparison. Too much honor in For Honor.

of course hes going to bit a bit slow holy shit

its a FLAIL

Which is why I said I know he's supposed to be slow you fucking dunce. It's the OTHER classes that are too slow for their roles.

After my first hour, all my hype died and uninstalled it. Knew it would be casual filler since it was Ubisoft. The game isn't bad, but holy shit is it stupid. There's only one effective strategy and it's running around like a bitch, that's it. If you want to win, run around like a little bitch and gg ez no re. They try to say it's a combat game, but it's more of a glorified running simulator. Footsies? Actual teamwork? Nah don't bother, run around and gang up on one guy. Oh shit he gots a healer!? It's cool, run away like a little bitch till it dies off. Oh look lemme one shot you with a push down this hole (that are EVERYWHERE). Everything focuses entirely on running away, there is zero value to being a team player.

The game really encourages you to be a faggot rather than play as a team. I just won five games straight by running around, capping points, and ganging up on people. At no point did I bother with B, nor did I ever attempt to defend/1v1. Was funny for a while, until I got bored and realized this game wasn't worth my time in the long run. You can damage control saying oh it's just bad players user, you will meet competition at launch, but you and I know that as a lie.

Disappointed is probably how I can describe this. Whatever though, saved me some cash.

>9 characters

12 in the full game

>3 factions

Is the perfect number. CHROMEHOUNDS had 3 factions and it worked perfectly.

>can't switch default weapons

That's the entire point of the different classes. If everyone could switch weapons, they'd all use nobushi's long ass spear.

>weapon upgrades come in crates you have to buy

You're basically guaranteed at least one loot drop at the end of every game. You can also buy crates with in game money.

>the combat system is slow and unresponsive.

It's slow for sure, but i wouldn't call it unresponsive. You need to actually think about your moves instead of mashing attack.

>Weapons look the exact same with different upgrades.

I've seen at least 6 unique variants of each weapon piece, and there are probably more in the full game.

nah a good peace keeper can get in and out and confuse the shit out of you once she gets in

never seen a good berserker

a good orochi is more like an acrobat and does lots of hit and run

Actually I was mostly the one ganging up on people as I was winning a surprising amount of fights. I just spam strong attack in their back and they die. I didn't notice the rage thing go off very often desu. My point was, that since you have to be locked on to fight and it is super cluncky to change targets, you are at a great disadvantage in 2v1. But maybe it's just me hating the console style controls. Still, overall I'm not impressed with the game at all.

>only playing the lamest mode

most people suck at it so its obvious they dont know how to deal with multiple people

pretty shit game desu senpai, glad they had an open beta, wont buy that shit

>CHROMEHOUNDS

Wew lad, if that's the game that comes to mind it's no wonder Ubisoft says they're going to chill on new IPs for a while.

>but i wouldn't call it unresponsive
I've consistently found that the default knight guy will go into a state where he simply cannot use any attacks until you unlock and lock. Consistently as in once every game I've played with him.

It depends on who you're dealing with.

Idiots who just mash attack and give you free revenge are easy to deal with.

A good pair will have one attacker and one grappler to keep you constantly off balance.

> factions
>Is the perfect number. CHROMEHOUNDS had 3 factions and it worked perfectly.

the people who complain about this numbers are probably Mudslimes(lovers) or nigger(lovers)

fucking disgusting

i tried playing last night at 3am, but it always got stuck in the matchmaking, like one person wouldn't connect?

switch to the grappler then it takes a second

and hit him

no one can communicate THAT quickly to realize that

>get invited to every closed and open test
>tonnes of fun with Warden
>get kinda sick of it
>next test rolls around
>fall in love shield & spear goddess Valkyrie
>hunt fools and javelin them to the fucking round
>whiners on the forums get her nerfed
>still fun as fuck
>next test rolls around
>no Valkyrie
>don't play
>open beta
>no Valkyrie
>don't play
I... am actually not sure i want to pay 60 bucks for one character. Can't really stand any of the others and i gotten sick of the Warden after ~100 hours, don't think the Valkyrie is going to be much different in that regard.

dude they're gonna nerf her even further

might even remove one of her moves

have fun

>switch to the grappler and hit them

And take a hit from the person who was attacking you in the first place, while also most likely being in a different guard or facing a different direction altogether.

If you get 2v1'd in the open, its very hard to defend yourself without all-guard.

Question; how am i supposed to deal with a Peacekeeper when i'm playing as the Conquerer? It seems like even when i deflect their attacks they can still recover and attack me before I have time to hit them, and they have that obnoxious stab move that they can do off of a guard break and it takes out a third of your health and makes you bleed. The only saving grace is that a lot of Peacekeeper players are shitty and predictable, so I can usually get a charged heavy or two in on them, but actually good ones seem at an extreme advantage against such a big, slow character.

did you like not do the advance tutorial or something?

and learn how to guard opponents your NOT locked on to?

I just play keep away from peace keeper as Kensei

if they do get in Im gonna gonna try guessing if they're gonna go for a grab or not

I mean if she's not in the beta i probably won't play the game anyway. As i said, Warden and Valkyrie are the only characters i like and i think i've had my fill of the Warden so i don't think i'm going to drop 60 bucks on a game where i only like one character which i'm going to drop anyway after ~100 hours. If there was a deal where i could pay 20 for every faction i'd do that and only unlock the vikings i won't pay 60.

I'm pretty sure there's a 90 degree blind spot behind you where you can't external block without a shield all block.

cornered mouse tactic

learn also how to adjust to your environment

its one of the key rules

god knows how many people I've thrown off because they're simply unaware of the stage

>Its a fighting game
No it's not.

one part of it is

1on1 is kinda like a simplified fighting game.

>You don't fight in this game

lol-ok.

That's the entire reason i said "in the open".

yeah time to quickly adjust your positioning while keeping your guard up

>dodge
>counter
>combos
>stuns
>counter-stuns
>range play
>feints
>parries
>environmental kills
>every character plays different
It's a third person fighting game.

P2P multiplayer should be illegal

when will knight fags fuck off?

I want fem-Raider snusnu

itt: people who are bad at the game

Dota 2 is my favorite fighting game :^)

>Nobushi can only be played as female
Why is this allowed?

It's alright but I've been playing it for one day and it already feels like I've seen most of what the game has to offer. I don't think there's enough content to get me to actually buy the game for its current price.

Also I don't really like how the guard mode works.

This makes a whole lot more sense than this

Once we retake Jerusalem

Hard to be aware of your surroundings when the max FoV is 90 and it is glued to your hip. You can only see about a foot behind you.

I use sound

there is a reason why there is minimal BGM sadly

What's the difference between the lowest skill and highest skill player? Maybe 10 hours of practice?

The game is not responsive or fast-paced enough to create a skill ceiling much higher than the already low skill floor.

DEUS VULT!

>having lots of fun vs ai in dominion
>always top the scoreboard
>cant play vs player because kicked for low fps

why is low fps an issue. i was gona buy this game but now i wont

LUL FOR HONOR FIGHTING GAME LUL LUL LUL

>60 dollars
>ubisoft
>uplay
>p2p
>environmental kills

Can't wait for the buyer's remorse threads and seeing people desperately trying to hide the fact they are in full "PLAY WITH ME PLEASE IM SO BORED" mode.

game is fun but not 60 dollars fun

I don't get why you have to lock on to someone to block, locking on in general is so awkward

And?

Shouldn't you be complaining that some classes can only be male?

>toaster user

this. Honestly it's not bad but not for this price.

Admit you're wrong my man, no one is on your side in this.

>Why is low fps an issue

The game uses Peer to Peer connectivity. Basically meaning that everyones game need to be perfectly synced with each other in order for the multiplayer aspect to work properly. If the game didn't kick you for low fps everyone else in the match would start experiencing the game as if they also had low fps. Basically the game relies on everyone not having a toaster.

so are samurai the only ones without this

then again there is always the Shugoki

and japs can get tanned as fuck if need be

they should really make sprinting cost stamina, or at least halt regen
in any situation but duels everyone runs away like a little bittch when they get low on hp

>never seen a good berserke
all i do as zerker is alternate between r1 and r2 constantly and it rekts everone, if they manage to block the lights or parry I start cancelling into guardbreaks or dodge attacks and it still gets them

everyone complaining about problems and then theirs me on the latter side.

but yea, the game is broke.

>duel matchmaking now broken after always finding a match within 10 seconds

Are you playing this game for the 4v4?

Post Emblems.

>Knight:21
>Weebs:23
>Viking:16

neckbeard BTFO

>no argument whatsoever
saying lul multiple times wont change that fact, see Anyway, I have canceled my preorder

Doesn't change the core gameplay

It's incredibly fucking slow. I can play maybe a game and a half before I'm bored to death. It isn't fun to be constrained to locking on vs. real enemies and only have six attacks.

COMBOS LUL LUL LULULULUDSALULDUASOUDODUOAXAXAXAXAXAX LAMAMAAOOAOOLAMAOOOOOOlMALMALMALMALMAOAMOSLDMASLOMDOLSAMLOMOLAHBHAHBH SICK LIST BRO FOR HONOR MEGA COMPLEX GAEM

You get them with ingame obtained currency you retarded piece of uninformed pro consumer memefag.

Someone here is mad aparently
Everybody shat on the beta, its a fighting game in a medieval setting and with a diferent camera, and we all know how popular fighting games are nowerdays right ? Can't wait for Vivfendi to finally take over

aparently LULULULUULLLLL TYPO EVERYTHING U SAID IS INVALID NOW XAXAXAXLALMAMMAALMAALAAAMMAAOOOOOO LULULULULLU

HOW YOU WANT YOUR SHIT SENPAI?

this game is initially going to be a cash grab at 60 USD and will become F2P like watch dogs 2

play chivalry instead

This. It might be less pretty around the edges but its infinitely more fun.

I'm enjoying this a lot more than I ever did with Chivalry

Anyone getting constant stuttering? I'm getting 80 fps but it feels like the game stops every 2 seconds. I've got a GTX 1060.

Chivalry has like 2 buttons to play with

Nah loving the game soo far...1 x1 is fucking amazing of how diferent the skill celling can change the fights

i really hope they support like siege

Waiting for your opponent to attack and parrying is already the metagame. This game will be DOA unless something is done to the parry.

And no, I do not need to git gut. I've played the game extensively during multiple tests. Feinting is useless due to how early on you have to do it, good enough players will block all or at least most lights and even parry some of them.

Chivalry is honestly ass in comparison, and it's also fucking dead.

Turn on vsync

I WANT IT POSTED

>WAAAAAH I CAN'T GIT GUD WITHOUT MY EXPLOITS WAAAAAAAH

i've been here too long

>Dominion
>entire enemy team is just a ganksquad of assassins that never 1v1 or even 2v1, just run around trying to gang up on people until the timer runs out because nobody can catch up to them
Love this gamemode senpai

BAKA TBQH FAMILY MEMBER THATS NOT GOOD ENOUGH

Chiv is quite ass. I rapidly lost interest once i hit level 15 and the game forced me to fight against veterans and cheaters 24/7

>Characters that cause damage over time effects and flee to let them tick down
>In a game called For Honor