What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4k5ufoa6ab4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

not grimy and pirate themed enough.
Killed the atmosphere the classics had.

a lot of the boss fights were just not fun and I wasn't too fond of the rocket barrel stages but the rest was top notch for the most part

First world was fun and then it just gets hard for no reason.

Is there a filthy casual mode? I just want to experience the music and atmosphere

Not much, it was pretty god damned good.

>Is there a filthy casual mode?
yes, using the assist items you can buy from the shop

Horrible boss fights.

Bopopolis

Load times were too long, and the bonus rooms desperately needed more variety.

got this today, 5 hours in on island 4 and loving it so far

only problem is the boss battles being a matter of memorising what they do and trying again

youtube.com/watch?v=4k5ufoa6ab4

Nothing. It's one of the best games of the decade, made stellar by Wise's music.

Nothing

Bonus stages were just the same 5 "collect all the bananas" rooms. Sucks because there's concept art for bonus rooms like the ones in DKC2. Otherwise it's perfect.

Bosses
Bonus rooms
Loading times

Still one of the best wii u games

It was made by Retro, who forgot how to make games after Prime 1.

>bosses
>bad
Not that it's much of an accomplishment, but it has by far the best bosses in the DKC series, with only DKC2 being somewhat of a contender.
DKC1, 3 and R had horrendous boss fights.

Bopopolis is really fun though.

It's literally designed such that if you just keep moving you're hitting enemies to the music.

The Secret World levels tho

only diddys kong quest was grimy and pirate themed though.which is why its the best in the series

DKC was always middling, mechanics-wise. There were NES platformers that had more interesting gameplay. The graphics, music, and atmosphere are what really put the series ahead.

Retro can't give the DK series the personality & charm that Rare did

Nothing, game was fucking brilliant

Retro knows how to take underpowered hardware and push it to its limits, for sure.

The fist one also got a grimy feel to it, specially in the mine sections and temples, as a kid I remember feeling somewhat tense in these areas.

You have to buy a Wii U.