This game quite literally has no flaws. There is NOTHING they could've done to make the game better then it already is...

This game quite literally has no flaws. There is NOTHING they could've done to make the game better then it already is. Yoshi's Island is the only true 10/10 to ever exist.

Prove me wrong.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ksXKsbmthQ4
youtube.com/watch?v=Us8nF8XAnQ4
youtube.com/watch?v=NY80bejJBgE
youtube.com/watch?v=AQGZO8--vjk
youtube.com/watch?v=NhlN7a2m6YM
youtube.com/watch?v=5HtnzaQ7HJ0&list=PLkRSD11r9mB_HbAxcCdYs7kMQOTzrDokj&index=4
youtube.com/watch?v=Gf07KCBVZoo
youtube.com/watch?v=RttuiU6zj2k
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

8 worlds instead of 6

It's a really high quality game yes

8 worlds is the standard. 6 world games reek of budget title.

Try again

>platformer
um... no hun.

The crying sound oh baby Mario is a big minus in my book

>um
kill yourself normalshit

That's the point. It's suppose to make you frustrated so that you'll want to grab him and make it stop.

>more is bad

Made Red coins appear as they would be with the magnifier item.

Make Collectibles stay collected.

Option to disable the crying

Get rid of the autoscrolling levels, Especially the Long Cave.

Get rid of the time limit on transformations or at least get rid of the one-time use ones.

More level theme diversity

Crazy how they've manage to basically fuck up every single follow up/sequel. None of them are flat out terrible, excluding the abortion that's on 3DS, but how do they make this fucking amazing game and then for some reason can't manage to come close again. Better yet, why did Nintendo just throw Yoshi's Island to some d tier fuckers in the first place.

It's supposed to force you to chase after Baby Mario. It's one of the smartest mechanics in the game, that irritating sound.

So basically

>make everything easier
>disable crying

Wow.

Autoscroll in a game that basically revolves around checking every last corner for goodies.

it's boring

These would've just casualized the game and made it worse.

>Option to disable the crying

the crying is intended to be a punishment for being a fucking scrub

It exists.

Woolly World is in the same ballpark in my opinion. Not as good, but finally a worthy sequel after twenty years.

I was with you until the "only 10/10 to ever exist" bit. There have been others.

You fucking idiots know there are only 6 worlds in this game, right?

too linear

Well I'm a fucking idiot. I guess I got mixed up with the "8 levels per World" thing.

>YI
>linear

It was pretty good. I mean, music and graphical style were really on fucking point. But, some of the levels just didn't do it for me. Just a bit too easy for my tastes. And some of the collectible were hidden in some ridiculous places. Not saying Yoshi's Island is free from this, but it just felt a lot worse in Wolly World. Though, there is that skill you can buy per level to show all the hidden stuff, so I guess there's that. Loved the bonus levels though. All of them had the perfect amout of difficulty.

If I had to guess, I think he meant the world map is linear.

>Made Red coins appear as they would be with the magnifier item.

red coins are already tinted. git gud.

>Make Collectibles stay collected.

what the fuck is wrong with you

iirc there's a subtle difference between normal coins and red coins, maybe it's harder to see on old tube TVs

>make everything easier
>Red Coins actually being Red
Easier to read for the eye than collect every damn coin.

>Autoscrolling levels
That are a long drawn out chore to play.
I dont mind pressured death behind the character like a giant fucking taptap, but preventing you from going forward is bullshit lengthening.

>Time Limit on transformations.
A Mixed bag. While it adds pressure, once you run out of time, you're BACK to the bubble and you do it again. Yoshi doesnt take damage, nor are you really punished for it unless its the bullshit one-time bubbles dancing over a bottomless pit which just serves as a progress sink if you take too long to explore in a game about exploring and finding the RED COINS that arent RED.

It'll make the game easier to digest but the challenge will remain the same. Only difference is youre not wasting time replaying whole levels to get 100% and youre not waiting for the level, or being pushed back for exploring with the vehicles.

>casualized
The difficulty of the level design would still be there and Yoshis extended moveset and physics will stay in tact. You'd just have less bullshit to deal with while playing like Vehicle Bubbles over bottomless pits

shitty troll thread when all i can do is agree with your basic sentiment, op.

try harder

>You'd just have less bullshit to deal with

git gud. The difficulty comes from getting a perfect run through the level

The only flaw is that they didn't make a sequel.

The majority of the auto-scrolling levels are slow and boring.
Chomp Sharks shouldn't adjust to your pace so they're more of a threat.
World 2 is pretty boring in comparison to the rest.

smdh

There are things to make this game better but everything you typed is retarded. Stop playing platformers altogether.

They actually got rid of that for the GBA port.

>Make Collectibles stay collected.
>what the fuck is wrong with you
Worked wonders for Banjo Kazooie 360.

Yoshi's Island needs it

>maybe it's harder to see on old tube TVs

nah, not really

isn't it? I was only walking to the right the entire game, compare it with SMW1

>gba port

who gives a shit

Every boss fight that isn't Raphael or Baby Bowser suck.

>Same game
>But with an extra level in each world
GBA version is best version.

many of the underground and castle levels are not linear

It has like four sequels.

Super Mario World since this one is its prequel.

Yoshi's Island DS which was advertised as its sequel but it was shit.

Yoshi's New Island which was technically more of a sequel to it than DS since it's set inbetween them, but it's also shit.

Yoshi's Woolly World which wasn't advertised as a sequel, but it's the only other good Yoshi's Island-style game so it might as well being its true sequel.

did any mario game ever surpassed the soundtrack of this game?
youtube.com/watch?v=ksXKsbmthQ4
youtube.com/watch?v=Us8nF8XAnQ4
youtube.com/watch?v=NY80bejJBgE
youtube.com/watch?v=AQGZO8--vjk

>Super Mario World since this one is its prequel
Yoshi's Island only has "Super Mario World" slapped into the title outside of Japan.

the main flaw of this game is that we dont see yoshi's feet once in it, i mean it would be pretty funny if it appeared haha

no

I wasn't counting that since the 2 moniker would qualify it as a sequel rather than a prequel. You can call SMW a sequel to it regardless of name because both games feature Yoshi's Island. Mario riding Yoshi and it's apparently the first time Mario meets the Yoshis again since his childhood, that's pretty much it.

>not posting the coziest music in the game
youtube.com/watch?v=NhlN7a2m6YM

The music was pretty good, but they reused songs WAY too much. By the end of the game, I was so fucking sick of the castle theme among a few others. There's 54 levels and less than 10 songs that get played in them. That's not very good.

Otherwise it's one of my favorite games.

Loved it as a kid but more recently played it and found it boring. Baby mario means that you'll never die and your only punishment for being hit is to get annoyed by his crying. The game is WAY too easy.

jesus man you really need to git gud

While this doesn't apply to a person playing this game normally, 100% completing this game is a chore.

Holy shit, I forgot that Yoshi's Island DS was a thing.

Supposedly in development they even had to make his crying more annoying because playtesters were losing him and waiting until the last second to get him back

Then explain this:
World 1 Extra 1: Poochy Ain't Stupid

the penalty of getting hit is getting less than a 100 score, most deaths come from spikes or bottomless pits

it was nice but i liked the N64 followup better. the screaming baby was horrible.

Now that you're older, you should realize that getting through a level is just the consolation prize.
The real goal is the 100/100

replace baby cry with less annoying sfx

Woolly World is better than Yoshi's Island.

Woolly World has some good ass music too

youtube.com/watch?v=5HtnzaQ7HJ0&list=PLkRSD11r9mB_HbAxcCdYs7kMQOTzrDokj&index=4

youtube.com/watch?v=Gf07KCBVZoo

>World 1
well that was stupid user

See, I've never cared much about getting a high score in games and the flutter jump makes it near impossible to die on platforming sections.

The flaw is that they did, and all of them were trash.

>liking Yoshi's Story better than Yoshi's Island
Wew lad. I don't even know if I tolerate Story or DS/New Island less.

And why do you think that lad?

>recycled boss fights
>main game doesn't ramp up in difficulty
>Baby Bowser fight with shit music and the second phase is worse
No.

I played them both and then felt that way at the end.

it is not Yoshi's Highland

>implying naval piranha sucks

youtube.com/watch?v=RttuiU6zj2k

In case you need a laugh.

>You can kill it before the fight
That was a nice touch. I can't remember the last time I fought it legit. Not because it was hard but because it's so funny.

k

>youtube.com/watch?v=RttuiU6zj2k
Why did you remind me this existed
I like the music so I always fight for real.

these are in the game, 4/10

I used to think this way
It's still a masterpiece but now I believe Mario 3 is better

Just dodge them, Quentin

No actual fight against Kamek after he's spent the entire game being a bitch ass nigga.

hahaha you need to be 18 years old to post here.

Stop with the "video games should be hard" meme.
Yoshi's Island wouldn't have been much fun if it were any harder. It was just the right difficulty.

I never bothered with getting 100 in every level, I don't really like the collect everything approach. Hidden exits like World are more interesting.

Those things were cool.

Fucking hell. Stupid as fuck, but I'm crying.

DUDE

That shit gets you high nigger.

The egg throwing mechanic is fucking terrible. It feels really out of place in a platformer, especially to the sequel of Super Mario World.

The way it oscillates really hinders the flow of the game, because I have to stand and wait for it to aim correctly.
Games like Bionic Commando and Umihare Kawase managed precise aiming, why can't Yoshi's Island be like that?

>because I have to stand and wait for it to aim correctly
Literally git gud

>what is "quality over quantity"

What? I thought all the bosses were really fun, especially that giant Koopa one.

No thank you. I am not going to waste my time playing Yoshi's Island when I can play Super Mario World which has preciser and more fun gameplay.

Outside of going for 100 percent, you rarely have to be super accurate with the eggs to begin with. Plus, they the eggs ricochet of walls, allowing for a greater chance for it to hit its target. Not saying it's perfect by any stretch, but the games you mentioned are way more based on accuracy of your weapon this Yoshi's Island.

>he can't accurately Run n Gun
Go back to whatever website you come from, plebeian.

I feel like some games are just meant to be easy, like Yoshi and Kirby games. It's part of the appeal, they're more fun and easygoing

I must admit that I am not a big fan of the controls.

>sequel of Super Mario World
fuck off with this NoA

Mario Kart 8 if you count spinoffs

3D World
but you'll reply to me with the hot opinion that the soundtrack is shit

Not my fault that's how they decided to market it.