What do you hope for the most about DLC2?

What do you hope for the most about DLC2?

I hope that it's good.

some kind of closure to the series
primordial serpents
hard as fuck final boss

Length and story clarity.

The quality of DLC1 was good, it was just short.

Well it was a great thread guys but I truly think that it's over.

1. more than one real boss
2. that it fucking ends

from was so blatantly tired of this series and out of ideas that they wrote "we're just repeating ourselves by now, please please let it end" into the entire fabric of the game

i liked every game, even dark souls 2, but it needs to stop

Needs to copy Nioh.

3>1>Bloodbeezy>2>Demons Souls

Just talking about the base games. Never played any of the DLC packs.

I hope it's as good as AotA or The Old Hunters.

From obviously still have it in them to make fantastic stuff. You saw glimpses of it with the Friede fight. They just need to try, and not include phoned-in shit like whatever that boss was at the bottom of the chasm in AoA. The series deserves a proper sendoff.

Serpents.

Velka

Nothing since we already know everything about it a month before it releases

Anyone have the one source with the person doing half of the 1st boss fight?

Demon Prince seems cool

It needs to be Old Hunters/AotA levels of goodness to make up for Ashes and the rest of the game.

I hope that it is the best and gives the series a good send off, I hope that it is the last and the series is left to a well deserved rest.

I just want the series to fucking die at this point.
Give the fans some closure about the story and then die.

Angels you say?

We'll be returning to the Undead Asylum. Screencap this.

>Primordial serpents

I personally hope they include a weapon like the Bone Fist from DS2.

I wasn't playing around the initial release of DS2, only played it with SotFS. Was there some kind of backlash against them including absurd weapons like the Bone Fist and Smelter Hammer? I noticed they toned that down for DS3.

>Base game of 2
>better than Demon's Souls
jesus fuck no

>1. more than one real boss

Thats already confirmed

I think I'm going to just wait for the [complete] edition they will release this year before trying any of these DLC.

For the bosses to be good
For some more content to make early game less of a slog (not likey)
For some cool faith stuff (really not likely)

A L D I A
L
D
I
A

Man, that's some really BAIT taste you got there, user.

Angel

As someone who didn't play the games in release order, Demons Souls was the worst game in the series by a long shot. The levels were good but the combat was incredibly basic, the game is very easy compared to the rest and the boss battles are all really crap with a couple of exceptions. I mean, of course, it's to be expected that the first game in the series was improved upon in the sequels. Maybe DeS was the better game at the time of release but looking back now DaS2 is better.

I hope it is divine as fuck. Seeing that angel thing gave me hope. I don't wan't another "le edgy dark monsters" experience.

Not bait at all. I don't play PvP so my enjoyment of each game is based on:
1. Level Design
2. Boss Fights

Don't give a fuck about the story.

I didn't play them in release either.
>bases enjoyment on Level Design
>thinks DaS 2 is better than DeS
Explain yourself

Well what is it and mock gesture

A satisfactory conclusion or tie-in to the Aldia plot.

They took a bunch of effort to paste it in and add a whole ending and everything.

I want to see/meet/fight either Aldia or Bearer of the Curse. The rest I'm sure will be fine. I'm just offended at them ignoring the second game so much.

It looks like there's gonna be some "dark" monsters a little bit, but I think there'll just be mob enemies since it's the end of the world. I get the feeling that most of the major enemies besides the Demon Prince are gonna be divine, seeing as Londor dabbles in miracles quite a bit

Again, as I said, DeS had good levels but the combat was kinda crap, the bosses were mostly bad and the healing system was also not very well thought out (can't believe they brought that shit back for Bloodborne).

Not saying DeS is a bad game though. I enjoyed them all quite a lot.

is the one on the left supposed to be Eingyi?

Actual difficulty instead of just artificial bullshit difficulty where skill doens't matter like in the 1st dlc

no way in hell that this is going to happen, but I'd like them to actually insert the DLC in-between Fireless Shrine and Kiln of the First Flame instead of just having some dude warp you to it.

then I want a 'super' version of SoC to cap it off

There's a miracle lightning bow. It's gonna do fuck all damage, but it's something

pursuer's ultra greatsword

lol

I think that might actually happen since it's in the same area. It probably won't be some guy that warps you, but a bonfire kinda similar to the lead-up to SoC

Looks like a serpent and its different stages of hollwing?

Why are there so many pursuers?

Based on concept art, DaS 2 was gonna be way more bombast

You know Earthen Peak is in the Dredge Heap, right? We even find Mytha's soul. So DaS2 is definitely getting some love.

I really want them to buff some weapons and miracles. Stuff like the dancer's swords or some of the miracles. Too bad from only listens to pvp fags. From someone that only plays pve some weapons do criminal low damage.

Decent length (a couple of hours)
Interesting areas to explore
A bunch of boss fights that are good

Also I want a perfect final boss for the series. Soul of Cinder was pretty good, but something even better.

They said there would be "more than two" bosses.

I'm going to expect 3 and hope for 4.

>The last boss arena is the Northern Undead Asylum.

For the bosses to be
Demon Prince
Abyss Dragon
Snakes
Furtive Pygmy
as indicated in the game files.
Well designed areas (usually true for DS3).
And maybe an alternate "true" ending to the game.

Game files indicate:

>Bat
>Snake
>Ruin Capital King
>Mother of Dragons

Does the DLC happens before or after the Usurpation Of Fire ending?

I'm hoping for Bloodborne quality of bosses in DLC.

Ludwig, Maria and Orphan were pretty much the best fights in game, at least for me. Visuals, music and fighting itself were great. Living Failures were meh, and the Cleric beast #2 fight was pretty decent.

I want a four stage boss fight

I'd bet more on DS1 Firelink.
We've already seen 3 Firelink Shrines in different time periods in the base game, just gotta go much further back.

Yep. What I said basically.

Nothing about that indicates an Abyss Dragon. Most likely its referring to the queen of Lothric.

Freide was pretty fantastic, but yeah DaS3 is lacking in quality endgame bosses. Right now there are only four; hopefully this will essentially double that count.

kek

What does Aldia have to do with anything? His inclusion in DS2 was so intrusive. What was his purpose? Not trolling, I seriously didn't understand what he was supposed to be doing, besides making me jump with the fake bonfires.

I guess it's possible, but we're already getting Gertrude as the Gwynevere stand-in, so I think it's more likely that he's the boss instead of never showing up, especially with how they just shoved him into the last DLC out of nowhere.

He escaped the cycle

>escape cycle
>get turned into a blobby piece of shit

Lot of help that did. When was this ever revealed?

Doubt they'll make the DLC dependant on the ending. How many people would scream bloody murder if they had to replay the game to get to the dlc?

100% sure they will add extra dialogue for the people who went for the Usurpation ending, Ariandel already did so.

From realized everyone hated DaS2's plot so they added Aldia to make it somewhat tolerable. He doesn't really offer anything new but his voice acting is top tier.

I didn't play the first DLC, but this one slightly interests me. It doesn't matter if I haven't played the first one right?

The cliffhanger of Ariandel is one of the reasons your character goes to Londor.

>everyone hated DS2's plot

Sup Forums is not everyone. All of the souls games have pretty good plots, it's just that all of the games are complete shit at storytelling (see: Dark Souls lore autism that has infested the community). Not saying I want some spoonfed anime tier jrpg pounding me in the head nonstop, but damn, From could have bothered to try and be a little more clear about things. DS2 actually has the best storytelling of them all, though that's not saying much.

>hint: plot =/= storytelling

There was a major character from Ariandel that will appear here, and it has a bit more on the Sable Church, and foreshadowing for the Serpents.

Dark souls 2 Sotfs ending? It is pretty obvious during it. He transcended, even if it cost him a lot.

The chaos the witches created long ago is the true threat to the world, not the darkness.

I really wanted ds3 to have picked up on that and been about dark and flame fighting against chaos, like ivory king dlc hinted at.

Bjt it was about "absorb the flame and try to hold il the cycle. Because no other god got killed by rebeling undead with infinite lifes before, right?"

>non-conventional storytelling is bad
Oh fuck off, no wonder you like DS2's uninspired "story".
DS1 and BB still have the best plot by far.

Ds2 story (ie, the tale of the bearer and emerald) might been a little boring, but the themes and the advancement it made on the world story (aldia, the chaos and the cycle) were great.

Don't confuse non-conventional with shitty. All of the games have shitty storytelling. Trowling through items and piecing together bits of lore, and using nonsensical one-liners from idiot npcs is not a good way of getting shit across. Not to mention important dialogue can be straight up missed if you're not a total autist. I like From's lovely little sickdark games as much as anyone, but don't act like the games are flawless.

It's not inherently shitty, dumbass. The main plot for each game is more than clear enough if you just watch the beggining cutscenes, and listen to the dialogue of story NPCs.
All the lore on the world and side characters are obscured obviously, and you need to look deeper into it and make your own connections if you want to understand it, because no one is left around to tell you a nice little story.

>foreshadowing for the Serpents.
Where?

There's a painting in the boss room before it gets burned showing 2 serpents.

answers

PRIMORDIAL SERPENTS