OMG, why doesn't Dishonored 2 have a neutral route?!?!?!?!

>OMG, why doesn't Dishonored 2 have a neutral route?!?!?!?!

Holy shit you neutralfags are insufferable

Why do you faggots always want every game developer to bow down and service your every indecisive retarded need?

>B-BUT I CAN BE NEUTRAL ABOUT THE DEATH PENALTY!

No you can't

>B-BUT I CAN BE NEUTRAL ABOUT ABORTION!

No you can't

>B-BUT I CAN BE NEUTRAL ABOUT GAY MARRIAGE!

No you can't

Does not caring count as neutral?

Smt Devil Survivor Overclocked does the whole law/neutral/xhaos thing well. All 3 are viable options that can be seen as good. The neutral options don't overshadow the law and chaos ones either which is really nice.

why do you keep making this thread
also neutrality doesn't mean being completely divorced from decision making
neutrality can also be about making both "good" and "evil" decisions depending on the circumstance instead of falling hard into one side, hence why neutrality is often more interesting than being simply "good" or "evil" because it involves deeper decision making

It means your input is null and void; pointless to even bring up.

Sound pretty neutral to me

>How do you feel about the death penalty?
>I don't.
NEUTRAL

Yeah you can.

Simply don't have any strong feelings one way or the other.

Your image doesn't help your argument because none of those games do Neutral well.

There are a bunch of different games which approach morality in a much more refined and mature way than run of the mill schlock.

You just wanted an excuse to post that picture.

> holy shit you neutralfags are insufferable

You're the only one being insufferable here. I know you're a dumb memeing fuck but you're propviding a strong case for people to advocate for neutral options in games. Total backfire on your behalf

I'm pretty neutral about abortion. Why should I care what happens to someone elses kid?

I'm sorry, but they're trying to sell a game

An ad featuring "YOU CAN BE GOOD OR EVIL!" would probably do better than one that said "YOU CAN BE GREY"

But you literally don't exist because the only question in a vote like that is y/n

Tell my wife, hello.

>impyling D2 doesn't have a neutral route
But it does, lots of them actually.

Probably the best examples of playing neutrally in D2 are:

1. Getting low chaos while also killing people (including main targets) you feel deserve to be killed and or in self defense

2. Completly ignoring any situations that are not directly related to your main objective, such as the howlers/overseers conflict in the dust district

> I have no creativity whatsoever on behalf of marketing

Literally not an argument, just showing everyone what a retard you are

ftfy

I notice the common thread in that image, OP:
all those games were shit

>Your image doesn't help your argument because none of those games do Neutral well.

Because they don't because it'd be stupid and pointless?

inFamous isn't an RPG and you can't roleplay a neutralfag like Spawn. You're either Good or Bad Cole

Neutral can be in 2 forms.

1)
Using a mix of either approach to a situation depending on the specific context. Overall there's a rough balance between the 2.

2)
Rejecting both the options put forth by either end of the scale and instead ooting for a different, 3rd option.

I love the latter, but most games struggle to provide a 3rd neutral option that isn't infinitely better than what the extremes of the scales say.

>But you literally don't exist because the only question in a vote like that is y/n
Most of the important stuff for those topics go to court, probably the supreme court.

You can still vote for something regardless of your feelings. In fact, your vote is the most important because it can go either way. Neutrality is pretty good since people are always trying to appeal to you.

Fuck off Quentin with your shitty blown out of proportion examples.
Next you're gonna do a food analogy.

I just want to be real. I.e. do what's best for me.

People like you is why social structure is collapsing. Just because you try to be extreme to the max with your opinions doesn't mean they are actually smart or even matter most of the time. You are just alienating more people with every opinion you express.

Neutral endings were worthless desu. Can't imagine how stupid you have to be to give up a shot at ultimate power for... for nothing. You got nothing extra out of those endings. You only lost stuff.

Evil-neutral was acceptable though.

Stop making this thread over and over you fucking loser

The story and characters should be predefined, but they shouldn't be color-coded.

Every character in MGS is gray.

I feel like neutral is the wrong term here. I think the majority of human beings are not morally consistent, so in every situation someone who is over all good will do something that someone else considers evil, and if you define your moral philosophy you will always find times you probably violated that principle.

So yes, I am Nootroll but so are you probably.

>Every character in MGS is gray.

No, every character is morally stupid

Ultimate power at the cost of having god as your enemy and you needing to wage war against him.

Plus look at the bigger picture. In atsuros you literally enslave the demons. Possibilities are endless.

I want to eat out Mako's vagina.

Is SMT the only franchise that does neutral routes well?

>falling for the extremism meme
"Moderates" have been and always will be the biggest cancer. They stand for nothing and will fall for anything. Every extreme candidate had millions of "moderates" behind them.

Please don't try to give any depth or meaning to the pretentiousness that is Metal Gear.

I don't give a shit about any of those things so actually I can be neutral on them.

CHOOSE A SIDE FAGS BTFO

I haven't played the second but if it's anything like the first, Low chaos is pretty much good and neutral at the same time, since it isn't really about your morality but more your playstyle. A lot of the options that let you spare your targets could be seen as a fate worse than death

The only difference between moderates and extremists, is that extremists are consistently retarded while moderates can change their mind.

Really makes you think...

'Extremists' can range from intelligent to retarded. 'Moderates' are generally stupid and fickle.

>muh good and evil runs are actually meaningful and impactful meme
>muh neutral is bad meme

Good and evil are just as if not more shallow than neutral. Any non-child will realize this.

You can be against the idea of Abortion but still advocate people should be able to make their own choice on it

Yeah

Extremists are retarded for holding such strong opinions while knowing nothing, moderates are reasonable for not picking sides while knowing nothing.

A well researched opinion is better than either, but you can't be an expert for every single topic.

Not SJ/IV/IVa/DS2 that's for sure.

Extremists are automatically stupid for being extremists

Moderates can pick and choose from any option; their opinions are not all on one side or the other, so they have actual opinions on what they care about instead of screeching like autists because of every single thing that questions their morals

I'm a radical centrist. Ask me anything.

Thanks, user. Have a Jack Frost, hee-ho!

I just finished Dishonored 2
Broken as fuck

Do you play games on Very Normal difficulty?

this guy gets it

Ultimately you're still pro abortion you dumb cuck

Doesn't matter if you think it's wrong, when you sign "Yes or No" on a vote, any nuance is lost

Neutralfags would be shitty programmers

>moderates are reasonable for not picking sides while knowing nothing
Except 'moderates' do pick sides while knowing nothing. The vast majority do.
Your post reeks of simple-minded bias. Having an 'extreme' opinion isn't automatically stupid. The abolition of slavery was an extreme opinion at one point. People instinctively go for the middle ground because they believe it's safest, but that says shit all about whether it's intelligent.
>Moderates can pick and choose from any option
>so they have actual opinions on what they care
Sorry, one does not entail the other. You can go to the voting booth and just use your gut. You're still an idiot.
>every single thing that questions their morals
Because they have actual opinions, unlike yourself.

You can be against or advocate different aspects for abortion.

You're retarded if you think the only thing on a ballot will be "Should abortion be legal/illegal?"

You can be against abortions under a specific age, against government paid abortions, against forced abortions, etc. etc.

Stop thinking everything is black and white.

>>B-BUT I CAN BE NEUTRAL ABOUT THE DEATH PENALTY!
Not good as you want to implement it. Change it and it's ok. I'd say yes, but I currently say no.
>ZOMG NEUTRAL KILL YOURSELF!
No. Fuck extremists. Choose the way of balance. or go full Malkavian

>Good: play quest, gain EXP, refuse the measly reward, gain allies, everyone treats you as Jesus throughout the game
>Neutral: play quest, gain EXP, demand monetary reward of 10 gold pieces
>Evil: decline quest and insult the quest giver for wasting your time, lose out on both gameplay content and the rewards

This is neutral done right.

Sometimes.
Sometimes I play on Normal, below normal, and above normal.

People that hate neutralfags are fucking retarded. A neutral person would judge whether or not one of those is acceptable based on the context of the situation and/or not give a fuck like the case with gay marriage. It's not significant so why do you even need to pry into it to "prove" your alignment?

>good: give money to the homeless person
>bad: mock the homeless person
>neutral: dress the homeless person up as a girl and have sex with him in exchange for cash.

>It's stupid to want games that allow you to make rational and balanced decisions that don't force you to be a sadist or overwhelmingly naive

>SMTIV
>choose between law and chaos
>game insults you or gives you nothing for being neutral
>spend time sparing this dude and killing that dude at your whim
>"Woah man, you're totally unpredictable! Congrats, you're "neutral". A man like you is the perfect hero of humanity!"

While none of the law options entail you'd commit genocide (even the Law Hero is horrified) and chaos is pretty straight-forward and you get what you expect (the Chaos Hero is alright with it for the most part). All well, extremes were fun.

>But you literally don't exist because the only question in a vote like that is y/n
So not voting, apathy, that's...?

I know you're baiting but I'm curious.

Neutralfags should be hated because they are only loyal to themselves and will do anything at their own convenience. They're also ironically self-righteous for all their "neutrality".

See, that's what makes me thinl extremists are kind of close minded

The world is not just red or blue, man. If you try to put people into one of two boxes, you are simplifying actual opinions so they fit categories. Thinking abortion is wrong but thinking people should do what they see fit is not 100% pro or 100% against it. If you let your opinions go totally to one of these two sides, can you even call that an opinion anymore, seeing as you are just choosing between the already mentioned red or blue?

Just because someone tells you to choose Yes or No, doesn't mean you can't argue. Your opinion can be something more than one of two options

> I'M GOOOOOD
> I'M EEEVOOOOOOLL
> I tread a fine line, a moral balancing act wherein my actions are not entirely black or white.

See, I can do it to.

>Death Penalty
Rapists, drug dealers and murderers should be purged, why should society pay taxes for guards and food for this scum?
>Abortion
In favor, ban it and nigger babies will multiply by 10x, enjoy society collapsing.
>Gay Marriage
Marriage is a catholic thing, catholics hate gays, gays wanting to marry under a religion which hates them is stupid.
They shouldn't be allowed to adopt kids either.

Edgy

I think you're getting true neutral confused with neutral evil

stop being so autistic you fucking faggot

Common sense really.

I would let gay marry if that means they'll stop being tools to destroy western society though.

Daily reminder that encouraging Kaiden's sexual advances is literally considered the "right" choice ethically, and telling him you don't want to fuck another man makes you a "renegade".

If I was autistic I'd have probably put some thought or effort into OP's blatant bait.

>Fable neutral:
"I'll protect you if you pay me, no I won't kill people for no reason."
>Mass Effect:
"A leader should get the job done efficiently and to the letter of the law."
>Infamous (never played this):
"I'll use my powers to aid my everyday life without effecting other people."

There you go, enjoy your (you).

Good option: Save person
Evil option: Endanger person
Neutral option: Do nothing

The neutral option is clearly best. You're not a goody two-shoes moralfag but at least you're not an edgy evildoer.

I wish games wouldn't do this pick a dialogue option to get morality points bullshit. It's dumb. If you want to tell a story just fucking tell one. The "evil" option is always just being a dick and the good option is always the "canon" version.

>Marriage is a catholic thing
>what is civil marriage
You need to be 18 to be on this website.

No one is FOR the idea of abortion. The pro life side thinks all killing is wrong, and the pro choice side thinks it's unfortunate but necessary.

Did you think there was some group of people who's just FOR killing babies?

I imagine neutral to be more like... finding the best compromise. Like being only for abortion in cases where endangers the mother, for example.

>Civil Marriage
That is not real marriage silly.

Neutral option: save the person in return for some sort of compensation

Good benefits others first
Evil benefits only yourself
Neutral benefits everyone (or atleast tries too)

That's not being neutral, user. Don't redefine the term at your convenience.

Little girl is lost.

Good option: Help her
Evil option: Harm her/take advantage of her
Neutral option: Ignore her

Geez, it's just best not to be involved, you know?

This is probably off topic but I haven't seen any other threads about Dishonored 2

I heard Dis 2 had a lot of bugs for the PC port on release, did most of those get fixed by now or is it still kinda shotty?

Marriage is not unique to catholics, nor christians in general, nor muzzies, nor jews. I get what you're saying, but marriage in 1st world actually serves a purpose outside of religious practice nowdays, in many ways a shell of its former self.

No.

Marriage has always been a good way to safeguard assets. Pretty much why it exists.

Woman is being raped:

Good option: Help in any way you can
Evil option: Join in on the fun
Neutral option: Don't get involved

It's rational to not want to risk yourself. Plus who knows, maybe she was asking for this? Who am I to judge? I'm not informed.

Do you seriously believe gays want marriage in order to be recognized as a legitimate couple by your imaginary friend and not by the government to make things like taxes easier?

Are you really that fucking stupid?

>PANCAKES PANCAKES PANCKES
>HOLY SHIT YOU GUYS NEVER SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT PANCAKES

>it's yet another Sup Forums thread

Absolutely tipped.

You find a wallet on the ground full of cash. You spot someone looking around frantically for something. You check the ID in the wallet and it's a match.

Good option: Give the person the wallet with its contents.
Evil option: Keep the whole wallet or its valuable contents.
Neutral option: Um....

Well, I want to be a good person and return it, but all this money, you know? Maybe take the money and lie about it not being there when I found it? Finders, keepers. ....No, that would be wrong. Guess I'll just have to drop it and leave it to fate.

>Politics are boring i just like letting other people fuck me and the rest because i'm stupid and have no time for that shit, videogames are really important.

Inaction is not neutrality.

>I like bringing up unrelated content on a board about video games

>I base my life around people better than me because I am nothing more than an 'ideas guy'

>no arguments whatsoever
I'll take that as a "yes".