Daily Nioh Thread

Whats your build? Have you beaten the game yet? Who is best spiritfu?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/pLG3DiizBHs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'm doing 1kat/spear and enjoying it a lot so far. I definitely need to work more on doing the sick combos though.

I've only used Isonade and Fuse-ishi (or whatever the bull is called).

Also Onmyo is fucking great. Oasis and Rejuvenation Talismans = 4 extra heals to save your elixirs. Moment Talisman is sick as fuck and the elemental shots are swag.

>loved 1kat and 2kat in all demos
>Started off 1kat
>Got a bit bored so went 2kat
>Hmmm... This is getting stale
>Knock axe cunt off bridge
>Gives me a book and axe
>HOL UP
>WE WUZ AXE SAMURAI AND SHEET

I'm actually loving axe when I hated it in the beta. Though all the hammers look shit so far. I remember the beta having these big metallic square hammers that were decorated. Not a fucking wooden mallet.

Pic related is my build

sorry if the pic is flipped

I have now completely finished the first 4 regions.

fuck

I'm using Spear and Kusari-gama with ninjutsu, gotta love those slowing caltrops
I'm only on mission 3 and I've gone from shark to bull

How do I cheese it so that I'm permanently in Living Weapon as long as I'm hitting something?

I read I was supposed to use an Extraction Talisman and the Bull Buddy but I haven't gotten the Talismans yet

Okatsu is such an annoying bitch to fight. Still beat her though.

Does anything different happen if you beat Honda in a fight instead of destroying the crystals? Also since I just beat the defiled castle how much of the game do I have left?

>Started with Ninja Build
>It was too squishy to survive boss fights
>move on to HOOG armor and 1 kat tank and spank
>Made the game easy mode
>Now currently sitting at a Li build which I think is bugged because the menu says im not getting buffs from it.

Might go back to Ninja now that I got gud.

Anyone come across hammer like from this alpha vid in game?

youtu.be/pLG3DiizBHs

Doing a 1Kat/Onmyo build with Suzaku/Kara-jishi mostly. Haven't beat the game but I'm just at the mission past Sekigahara so I'm probably close. Honestly I want the moth girl spirit pokemon.

i thought she was pretty easy.

i punished her with high stance kat every time she did a lunge forward and stabbed her ass whenever she was out of stamina.

>because the menu says im not getting buffs from it
Do you meet the required stats for the armor?

Stupid fucking faggot revenant on the bridge. The fuck is up with his tracking and hit boxes?

Just beat the Lightning dog thing.

I've only been using High Stance Katana the entire time. I just dodge and press Triangle

I also beat that bird bitch on the first try

I've only used living weapon once just to try it out. Never used it against a boss.

Can a digital copy get preorder bonuses? Physical game has been sold out everywhere for me

>revenant on the bridge

isn't that guy just a bandit pretending to be a ghost

Yep. Have stats for all the armor and everything. it just looks bugged. A lot of the stuff in the game seems bugged right now.

Yes. You've got a few more days before the deal runs out.

Isn't it Derrick from the tower or something?

You are told it was foreigner tracking William down

Pretty sure he's a ghost conjured up by Kelley. In the post-mission screen the dude that gave you the mission mentions something about using their ancestors or some shit.

Nah, Derrick is still roaming in his tower.

>not killing him legit for his mask

it gives +40 toughness (aka poise)

How do I make money?

I accidentally sold my okay set and had to regrind Hanzo for it, but now it's low level and sucks and soul level is so fucking pricey.

Dunno, haven't beaten him. I was get to the point where the heads show up and end up getting fucked. Either he gets me while I'm killing them or a head spits shit on me and I'm stunlocked enough for him to kill me in a combo.

Derrick: died 0 times
Onryoki: died 0 times
Hino-Enma: died 0 times
Nue: died 2 times
Fake Tachibana: died 0 times
Real Tachibana: died 2 times (but I cheesed him to win)
Great Centipede: died 0 times
Umi-Bozu: died 10+ times only because it took me a long fucking time to realize he's weak to fire
Joro-Gumo: died 1 time.
Yuki-Onna: died 1 time. was expecting to die 1000 times based on how everyone has been complaining about the ice bitch in these threads.
White Tiger: died 1 time. rip pirate cat

currently level 61, going for a ninja build. So far I've died 61 times total (you can see how many times you died in your stats btw)

I thought I was pretty far in after beating the white tiger because they were starting to mention Oda nobunaga alot but it turns out i'm only at the 9th boss from 20 or so

Also just realized I had completely forgotten about Angyo and Omyo skill points for the entire game.

>Kusarigama / Spear / Isonade

How fucked am I?

I just got the mission for the ice bitch. How far is the real tachibana fight?

Great centipede is such bullshit Jesus Christ

That fucking air pump is annoying as shit. I thought maybe those fucking rocks were important because you can break them but nope, nothing happened. Am I seriously supposed to spend 15 minutes running around pumping that fucking contraption over and over again so I don't die of poison?

You can change all this shit almost right away, so not very. Either way, this is a really good setup.

Lmao just checked and i've died 761 times.

Up to the fourth region now its pretty funny i dont care because i know i'm retarded

One of the pieces of the centipede stays in place and generates the poison. You can kill it, good luck trying to find it while fagface tries to kiss you though.

Do you have a counter for how many times youve had sex?

What was the point of posting this? Do you honestly think anybody gives a fuck about your death counters?

>This is Ranmaru Mori's appearance in Nioh

Kinda disappointing this game takes place after everything Oda went through

>Ice bitch

this shit is too hard

So what's the spider lady boss like? I never saw her attack.

I popped Living Weapon as soon as I entered the room, blasted away her ki bar, and then did her entire health bar in damage before LW ran out.

>tfw 3 katana masterrace

Seriously, aside from the spear, all of the non katana weapons suck cock. Axe/hammer is horribly slow and boring, and kusa is terrible in bossfights. 1 kat is the most versatile and technical and 2 kat is SPEED as fuck.

I only had to activate it twice.

>Ran to ladder
>Waited for him to follow up
>Activated and jumped down. He follows
>Smacked his body and killed the rocks.
>He fucked off to regen his body around 30%
>Repeated same process

Is there a way to get back my amrita if I die? I went back to where I was killed but there was nothing.

It's Ii, baka gaijin. Capital i, not L.

I've only just started this afternoon, but I'm going 2kat and axe, picked the bird to start. Took spirit to 11 for the nice bonuses and dropped a point in dex for some ninjutsu. So far the game is giving me a pretty dang good feeling, compared to my somewhat mixed first impression of the last chance demo.

Its an extremely basic boss fight with the sole gimmick being she spawns webs on the ground which slow you down. You didn't miss much. I'd play against the ice bitch more legitimately though, that's a great boss fight.

Use a summoner's candle.

i can finally do it thanks nioh

Completely worthless, random enemies like onyudo are more threatening

>Katana holds my hand throughout the entire game because it's completely unstoppable and has no tradeoffs at all
>That means other weapons suck!
What's it like to be the most casual human being alive?

>a revenant with a red name dropped unique gear

So do I have to play the whole level again just to get the armor set or is there an easier way?

are you looking for a pat on the back for cheesing a boss? I mean honestly what was the point of making this post?

the loot system is by far the worst part of this game. It's a chore to manage your inventory, keep gear around your level and you break the game once you get geared in purples.

>Using a mechanic in the game the way it's meant to be used is cheesing
Don't use words you don't understand.

Yeah I wasn't playing smart and got salty

Ended up being easy once I used my brain though, that boss fight is nothing once you remove the poison from it

That;s the worst boss by far. There are easier ones but that thing is just not fun to fight.

>Want to use the tanuki, bat, rabbit and twin dogs
>They're shit for kusarigama compared to the bat
Komori is so fucking jittery it's unsettling.

>assmad axe/kusa fag hating on a based samurai

Cmon son, this is nioh not naruto ultimate ninja storm 12

>That;s the worst boss by far.
Umi-bozo would like a word with you

1kat is easy mode, admit it.

I beat that boss just a while ago and didn't have any sort of poison going around. I only found out about it after the fight when I was exploring the room.

What's wrong with Umi-Bozo? You actually had to explore the area before fighting the boss to get an advantage on him.

Guys, What's most effective way to defeat MuneShiggy and Toyota on the 2v1 challenge?

How are you guys farming gold before NG+?

But Umi-bozo was easy yet fun. Centipede is just stupid and boring.

I officially suck at this game.

It takes me fucking three hours to get from one shrine to the next and each level just feels like a monumental chore to progress through.

Not him but he has an instant kill beam with no start up at the start of the fight that he'll randomly do. My first 2 deaths were to him. He never did it again though, and it has like 20 seconds of start up when he's at the sides of the stage so it doesn't matter once he moves. Other than that he's just kind of boring I guess, mobs are the only thing that make the fight "difficult".

Cheese with Living Weapon and Extraction Talisman. Or acquire proficiency

Giant stationary bosses that stand in front of a platform at their waist that make you wail on their hands when they slam them down always suck. And he didn't get any better when he came onto the platform.

The closer a boss is to your size and abilities, the better.

Abandon your souls training. Use your block. Parrys works more like a fighting game. Switch stances on foes giving you trouble

>no start up

You can't see a giant orange light from him?

Did you buy the hype and get it even thought you arent into these types of games?

1kat/1axe filthy peasant race here

>those times where pickaxe was the best
>hammers look stupid half the time

Well I was kind of like this.

Not as bad, but it feels long as fuck some missions.

Others I breeze through, like the Iga Mansion I just did. I trashed the boss in one try too.

If you don't have magic, get some.

I have Fire Papers and an armor debuffing talisman. It's letting me shred bosses.

I also have the Red Demon full set. I offhand the spear for the bonus. It -rapes- shit because you get a massive attack power boost to enemies on fire.

Man i know nothing about real life samurai lore and i am currently reading online about all the bigshots featured in nioh.

holy shit were the shoguns a bunch of bipolar fucks

I never played any of the Souls games, if that means anything.

Got a question bout the mission the defiled castle. I'm about to fight the true final boss of the mission and I simply cant find enough shitballs to give to that guy in his cell. Been grinding for an hour now. Are his reward/s worth it? Or if I finish the mission, will all the dung balls i gave him go to waste?

I have zero points invested in magic, but some spare onmyo skill points. Is it worth picking anything up if I haven't buffed it at all?

So how do you get recipes from top items that aren't part of any character's set? Can't just fight a boss for them when no boss has it equiped. I'm looking specifically for hinomotogo's.

What games do you usually play?

1kat was boring as fuck so I switched to spear and I'm having fun now.

Honestly, the game soft caps you so hard I think its worth it to go 15 all stats.

How the fuck do you beat the bat bitch?

Get the passives in both ninjutsu and omnyo skill trees, it's what the locks are for if you have zero investment.

Why does William Adams sound Irish he was from Kent not fucking Dublin.

The Japanese """"people"""" have not changed since its ancient period.

Why dont you just read through the talent tree and decide for yourself?

You can't get most of the passives without at least 15 points invested.

The only things you can grab in Ninjutus are like some minor ammo increases.

Learn her moves, pay attention to her sound cues, and don't get greedy. She's really not that hard, you just have to not play like a doofus.

Or backstab.

>William has boxer pants at the start of the game if you remove his armor
>at some point it goes to the fundoshi
Does anyone know when? Just noticed.

Hes oirish in the game. Devs probably want to cash in on mcgregor fanboys in america.

Why is anyone talking about anything in this thread? Why don't they just play the game?

I love action games like these but not at this level of difficulty.

RPGs too.

How many bosses are in this game?

I WANT ALPHA GAMEPLAY BACK GODDAMNIT IT'S TOO EASY but still great and better than the Dark Souls tbqh

on level with Bloodborne

buy acupuncture needles from the blacksmith and dodge with double x when shes in the air dodge then use a kunai/ranged weaapon then she will fall

Anyone else order from amazon a few days after? Is it really gonna take a month or two?

The actual reason is the english don't have spirits but celtics do.

Thus he needed to be irish to have a guardian spirit origin atory.

Theyre talking about concepts in the game, talking shit to each other and speculating. Not asking retarded pointless questions to get (you)s.