Metroidvania

Hollow Knight out February 24th.

youtube.com/watch?v=UAO2urG23S4

Looks gud to me, discuss.

>all those filters

More indie crap with "that retro 2D metroidvania feel" for $15.
That's why kickstarter needs to die.

Also please, go shill somewhere else.

finally, a south aussie game!!

Looks like a slightly less homosexual version of ORI.

A little disappointed the WiiU version got canned, but I'll be looking forward to it regardless.

>no filters
>lol fucking pixel shit
>filters
>fucking filters kys
you're never happy.

You make friend with some bugs, so you know...
This thing is gay as fuck.

>More Enemies than SOTN!

>What the what?? As crazy as this sounds, in two years, with a team of three people, we’ve somehow managed to create a game with more enemies than Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, the figurehead of the whole genre. Did we set out to do this? No! But once we hit over 120 enemies, we knew we had a chance. Now with the game so achingly close to release, we can confirm a final tally of 149 enemies! That’s a huge personal feat for us. All of our enemies are traditionally 2D animated and many are incredibly intelligent, able to run, jump, fly, parry attacks and pursue the player. Over 30 of those enemies are Bosses! So get ready for some huge encounters.

>57 138 AU$ on kickstarter
>Due to release June 2015

Which one of these 3 fuckers delayed the project in your opinion.

>And on that note, a quick update on the game’s release schedule! We have now slipped past the initial release estimate, mainly due to the scope of the game increasing as a result of the Kickstarter (but also because we’ve crammed the game full of secret areas, bosses and items to find). So, when will we be releasing? While we’re definitely closing in on release, we’ve decided not to give any concrete date until we’re absolutely sure that we can deliver the game on time - we don’t want to disappoint anyone by announcing a date only to slip past it.

>We’ve always been super appreciative of everyone’s support and patience and kind words as we build the world of Hollow Knight and we’ll continue to keep you updated regularly on what’s happening.

>And lastly, here’s a fun little behind-the-scenes GIF:

>This is an area of Fog Canyon that Ari’s been doing some final polish on. The GIF gives you a good idea of just how much effort and detail goes into giving Hollow Knight its distinctive look. Expect more of them soon.

>You’ll be hearing more from Matt and the rest of us in the future as launch grows nearer, but for now that’s all! Thanks again for your support, we’ll speak soon.

Expecting a Kickstarter release date to be accurate is stupid anyway, they're just placeholders. How can they know when it will release if they haven't even really begun development yet and don't know what their budget/scope is?

The shilling is very strong with you. Just delete your post and go shill something more in touch with your community.
See what I mean?

Nobody gives a fuck about your game and this thread is a failure at advertising.

Also you gave the perfect example of why kickstarter needs to disappear.
>How can they know when it will release if they haven't even really begun development yet and don't know what their budget
*Translate to: give us money and promise, we will give you some metroid cc with awesome art, sometime in a couple year maybe, once we finished drawing the 151th bug.

Looks pretty good to be honestly, family.

Instantly don't care because of that awful art style.

Enjoy your game.

Thanks for the bump, famalam.

>Metroidvania
kys your self

Not gonna lie, I really liked the Demo. Even if it's a straight cut from the full game.
>2 weeks
Nice. Something to tie me over until Yooka Laylee.
Also cute as hell.

Game looks boring. Don't give a fuck about the shitton of enemies if the core combat sucks. I look forward to AGDG games more than some unity kikestarter shit.

What are some good Metroidvanias I can play on ps4? I've played the one with the furries, Dust? And Axiom Verge.

I didn't play the demo because I prefer to go in blind, but I thought it looked pretty good.

Gotta google to find what you can play on PS4.

>implying that looks good
>metroidvania

There hasn't been a good "Metroidvania" other than the Metroid and Castlevania games.

I can understand that reasoning. But since I had never even heard of it, it gave me a good taste of the game.
All I will say is, if you feel strapped for cash, Go find a Boss to fight.