What MMO's (any kind) are you playing right now, Sup Forums?

What MMO's (any kind) are you playing right now, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5gtSNVdr8GM
wow-hellground.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=NshxsUQ6d2c&t=204s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

WoW

Elysium. It is kinda cute watch it falling apart but struggling to survive.

EVE online

None. MMOs are dead, let them rest.

Vanilla WoW.

Let's be honest. They're all complete shit. WoW, Everquest, and Ultima Onlne IMO are the only three that ever really got it right.

All modern MMORPGs out today have the exact same philosophy: copy WoW as much as possible without breaking the law, don't try anything new, and scalp everybody for every cent you can.

Black Desert had potential. ArcheAge had amazing potential. Elder Scrolls Online had potential. WoW Legion is shit. Still waiting for a game that captures the magic vanilla WoW had.

Ffxiv

obligatory best modern MMO

FFXIV is killing WoW atm in terms of quality.

Been playing ESO.

Elysium Vanilla WoW atm, hoping they allow transfers to TBC eventually.

FFXIV may be better than modern WoW but that isn't saying much.

Sell me it

None, they're all retarded

Black Desert Online. Fun as fuck.

TESO is handling my MMO itch right now. They recently added housing but everything is overpriced as shit. Best crafting in any MMO right now I think

tried playing some SMT Imagine earlier but the controls are ass

>Crowds of people playing a free game

Well yeah

this and ffxiv

Don't forget Dark Age of Camelot. It may of had some imbalances and other issues, but Realm vs Realm combat with keeps that actually play a vital role in defending your relics and having access to Darkness Falls was the fucking shittttttttttt.

>over an hour queue times for dps
>really boring plot that you are forced to go through to progress
>literally no reason to non-story sidequests at all
>2.5s GCD
>boring, uninteresting, uninspired rotations and abilities for all classes, healing is especially boring IMO
>dead on arrival PvP
>lack of scenery changes while levelling 1-50, compared to WoW
>level in the forest place, level in the sea place, level in the desert place, an sometimes level in the snow place; compare that to WoW's huge amount of varied zones with completely different art direction and design
>raids are short boss rushes, literally walk in this straight line to the next boss
>boss mechanics are just dont stand in this circle, sometimes go stand in this circle

It's WoW but slightly worse with a different coat of paint. It has a few good points. All the professions and crafting are way better than WoW. Some of the dungeons are okay I guess. I was really interested in the Deep Dungeon but it turned out to be boring as fuck too.

No, it really isn't. All of patch 7.2 looks better than Shillblood.

Legion with a casual guild.

Just cleared Heroic Nighthold this week, hopefully we'll beat mythic in 2 months.

>over an hour queue times for dps
what fucking server are you on? My queues are like 5 mins max on leviathan for non 24 man stuff.

>tfw PvP will be dead on arrival unless they add in good 13/14s or 12* unit set

are there any mmos that let players build their own towns out right now? no? then fuck off.

I play Realm of the Mad God every once in a while. It's fucking shit, i don't even know where to find equipment without getting fucked so i have to rely on people dropping shit in the Nexus.

pvp might not even be alive to begin with if its all using CM points. People might just rather run CM2 over Pvp

lmao

It's simple. Stop getting hit.

I've been playing FF14. It makes me anxious playing a tank, but it's also a lot of fun, especially wwhen everyone gets in their groove and plays smoothly.

I've also been wanting to try out Everquest lately.

This is what I want, but my schedule won't let me commit to scheduled raid times and pugging is a nightmare.

So I've started up GW2 again, haven't played since before the expansion came out and still haven't bought the expansion. I doubt it'll hold my attention though unless some mega hype expansion gets announced soon.

That's fascinating, considering the expansions only had some concept art and a few screenshots shown.

Please add Ragnarok online on that list.

Great feeling of a new, huge world to explore.

I thought challenge mode was dead as well. You might as well try to release a Saiki-killer if you want people to play your dead game modes.

SRO

My nigga. I'm playing on uthgard atm

Can someone explain to me what is the appeal of MMOs? Why do people waste their fucking lives playing these games? The whole MMO concept is obsolete now that every game has online multiplayer now like Destiny, Minecraft, etc.

CM still has people playing but its only enough for like 2 parties

>be lvl20 archer with dingy T10+ weapon and armor
>step on the border of the godlands
>immediately swarmed by hobbits and dark archers and they never stop coming
>slam r after gulping down all my potions while still being chased
What the fuck i'm doing wrong?

Grind more, follow the trains that inevitably form

Do mobages count as MMOs?
If so, Fire Emblem Heroes
If not, Final Fantasy XI although its been around a month or so since I was last on

go ask the same thing in the daily Sup Forums thread

FFXIV, Swtor and ESO...

I'm in that sort of guild downed mythic Skorpyron last night and then wiped for two hours on anomaly.

Personally I thought it was a healing issue (every fucking time power overwhelming went out at least 2 people died) but our MT was like "our dps just doesn't cut it".... there were 4 of us (myself included) that were between 650-700 sustained the entire damn fight so it was really insulting to hear that.

There are some of us that want to push into a more "hardcore" schedule but we face stiff opposition from a lot of the shitters so....nothing we can do.

I wish Smedley hadn't ruined Planetside 2 and forever tarnished the MMOFPS genre.

I also wish desperately that some company would make a sequel to Ace Cowboys Online, only this time it wouldn't get bought out by Koreans and made p2w.

can anyone explain how swtor and eso are still alive? someone way up in the companies must have a waifu in them or something.

None. I quit WoW about four months ago and I'm never going back to any MMO. I played them from Ultima to Everquest to Ragnarok to FFXI to WoW, so basically all of my formative years to my adult life. I'm pretty much done for good.

name 1 (one) thing fun about bdo

Ice floor mechanics are fun

youtu.be/5gtSNVdr8GM

The names.

>It's wow but worse
Back to rddit where they still like wow user, /vee/ hates wow now

swtor and eso are F2P at this point if I can recall, so they are getting by from microtransactions and whales that buy into cash shop crap.

to be fair Sup Forums hates everything and is just miserable.

Good raid leading is key to any group, regardless of skill level.

I used to raid in top 500-1000 US guilds, and I wanted to focus more on school, so I joined this guild to play with an IRL friend of mine.

When I joined they were struggling to beat heroic NH in November, effectively being worse than pugs. I started doing a little bit of shot calling on fights, and people slowly began to trust me. Especially when I convinced the leader to do a bit of mythic progression.

In 2 weeks we assembled a decent team within the guild and I "co" raid led the group. Unfortunately, the guild ended up hitting a wall with Cenarius, but the fact that we got that far inspired people with confidence, and we're doing a lot better in NH as a result.

What I'm trying to say is that any casual guild can be made with into a good one, sometimes raid leads get really far up their own asses and you just need sit down and talk to them. Keep in mind, you still need to know what you're talking about, but you can always help your guild improve.

No, it likes FFXIV and FFXI, Vanilla wow too, it's just that modern WoW is actually shit

Tree of Savior
Black Desert Online
Ragnarok mobile

waiting for Revelation online soon

It's funny I think big budget mmos will die until VR becomes popular and actual AAA mmos are developed for it, but a new era of mobile mmos is upon us for the following years.

>playing MMOs
lol... cuckolds

We have a healer who we all think is literally retarded......

We wiped for hours on mythic Xavius because he could not, for the life of him, live long enough to get in his dream circle. He would always just stand there and die to the little adds giving him enough corruption to go insane, or the tether. No matter how many times we coached him or screamed "MOVE!" he would not do it. We booted him and grabbed a friend who had never done the fight...killed it in 2 attempts with him.

Same thing happened with Gul'dan except it was bonds of fel flinging him off the platform....as soon as his ass was gone and we downsized the raid we killed it.

He's not the only problem player (he is the worst though) but the point is that no matter how hard we coach some of our players....they don't get better. The sad part is they show up to every raid with all their shit together and a positive attitude...so aside from them being head up ass retarded it's hard to hate them openly without damaging the social aspect of the guild.

tldr; you cant help some people.

WoW. Unless Blizzard makes a WoW 2 or completely revamps the game to a new engine I've got nowhere else to go. My only other MMO was City of Heroes and that's dead.

XIV is complete shit outside of boss fights and Manderville quest lines.

How is Tree of Saviour? It looks super fun.

>mandervile

niggerwhat? so you dont like the primals, the story, music, scenery?

minecraft

>It looks super fun
It isn't

I like the primal boss fights and music. But the scenery is generic looking with crystals fucking everywhere and the story is really fucking stupid.
>Pre-patch for Heavensward had the Sultana die a dramatic death
>Nevermind she's alive
I also couldn't stand that Minifilla woman whose only purpose was to clutch her chest, stare at a broken staff, and tell you what to do.

The game's story is fucking stupid, and that's saying a lot for a FF game.

a little game called albion online its pretty fun just grinding gathering shit, im waiting for the next update which will wipe server and start fresh tho.

im also re-downloading eso into my ssd and playing that.

also another little known mmo called gloria victus its fun as fuck if your not retarded and actually learn the game

EVE

when's the next patch

The best and simultaneously worst one

>complaining about lol crystals in a final fantasy game
I want wowfugees to neck themselves

I forgot that MMOs existed tbqhwy.

Anyone know where I can play WoW? Never played WoW before and I was gonna try it when Nostralius or whatever it was called was up, only to find that they shut down the week after I wanted to play it. I've played many MMo's but never ever played WoW.

I know the purpose of crystals in FF, but it still sucks. Just like the enormous bookshelves in WoW, it prods my Autism.

At your local gay bar.

Give me an MMO or multiplayer game with good dungeon exploration.

wow-hellground.com/ here in three weeks.

>sro
my fucking nigga

it's a decent game, but it scares a lot of people away

Think about DRM, how it's more annoying to the actual paying users than helpful to prevent videogame priacy. ToS implemented a lot of restrictions to prevent bots and gold farmers, but they didn't prevent anything just made people annoyed. They have a very vulnerable client, and have struggled with several game breaking bugs and performance issues. To the point where very little people were able to ignore the short comings and enjoy the actual game.

Now once you get past the annoyances and client issues, you'll be dissapointed if you were expecting a RO clone, you're stuck with a very linear path of quests in order to progress, and grinding is very unrewarding. At some point the quests stop, so you're forced to grind, problem is they boosted the fuck out of everythign worthwile xp wise, so solo grinding hardly profitable in both money and xp. Then you have your daily bullshit, like you can only run dungeons 2/3 times per day, and guess what, the best way to make easy money is run those dungeons every day with all your characters in hopes you get something worth a few millions.

If you're able to ignore all that, and somewhat find a build you like (it has like a bajillion builds but obviously only like 10% of them are viable, basically most clerics are always OP) The cash shop is super fair, to the point I have like 18 months worth of premium and about $300 worth of cash shop currency and I don't even want anything from it besides lewd cosmetics.

It can be fun if you know what you're getting into, and learn to deal with it's problems, but it's not for everyone. I suggest you stop by some english stream and ask how they feel about the game, that will get you a good idea about if it's worth to even download for you or not.

I glanced this image from the corner of my eye and now I have to go get off again

ESO is honestly pretty enjoyable famalamadingdong

Shit

Played it because it was cute and ERPing with /tosg/ was the highlight of my life.

Ragnarok Valkyrie on mobile

>1.0 GCD is a million times better!!!

youtube.com/watch?v=NshxsUQ6d2c&t=204s

>"Healing Touch, Healing Touch, Healing Touch, Healing Touch, Healing Touch, Healing Touch, Healing Touch, Healing Touch, Healing Touch, Healing Touch, Healing Touch, Healing Touch, Healing Touch, Healing Touch, Healing Touch, Healing Touch, Healing Touch, Healing Touch, Healing Touch, Healing Touch, Healing Touch, Healing Touch, Healing Touch, Healing Touch, Healing Touch, Healing Touch, Healing Touch, Healing Touch, Healing Touch, Healing Touch"

LMAOOOOOOOOOOO, WoW babies defend this.

Final Fantasy XIV and Tera Online.

Tried Blade and Soul, but got bored of it. Considering trying out Elder Scrolls Online.
Looking forward to Bless Online ONLY because of the Pantera/Lupus races and the Pokémon system.

The world feels more real and vast than any other video game world I've played. You can get to max level and still only discover a tenth of the whole world. And the combat is honestly the most fun I've had in any MMO.

I never really understood why people cried over this game shilling out. It only affects the speed in which you grind and compared to other more hard core MMO's, the grind itself really isn't the bad. You can power level a character to soft cap in 3 days. It's probably one of the best MMO's out right now.

>It looks super fun.

Thanks for the detailed rundown.

WoW, 5/10 mythic right now. Mythic is fun.

It's hated because people can stomach non wow clones without progression gated behind stupid weekly raids. Also because most mmo players are using craptops to play RO or WoW and can't handle actual graphics without their shit blowing up.

My problem with BDO is I reached the point where I make more money not playing than playing, so I don't have a reason to play anymore.... and the only reason to "not" play is to become stronger when I do play... so I have a hard time even booting the damn thing.

BDO has so much potential, but I'm afraid it scared a lot of people, and the lack of specific goals makes people feel like there's no end game since they can't make goals for themselves.

I'm currently playing Champions Online. It has one hell of a character creation system, and the combat system is alright.

No one feeling Guild wars 2 here?

just logged off GW2 actually user. Currently torn between that and ESO so i'm gonna try both for a month at the same time and see how I feel.

I am literally just looking at ESO Gold edition on steam for £20.

Played GW2 since launch and I still love it. But I don't feel motivated to do much other than log on, run some events on my engie, or wvw on my rev.

Very seriously considering ESO. Don't have a ton of time to spare, so something laid back to level would be nice. Maybe a little pvp too.

>>I've also been wanting to try out Everquest lately.
google project1999 and get to it friend.

most of the fun comes from just figuring shit out. it doesn't hold your hand at all. it's almost 20 years old but feels more alive than MMOs today. and best of all it requires that you interact with your fellow players, even if you're a solo class you will probably have to trade for something or maybe team up with someone to get something you need later down the line.

because of this there's also really strong server culture, something that's dead in MMOs now with blended servers, dungeon finders, etc. every couple of weeks there's new drama. some guild sniped a rare boss from anther. there's heroes and villains everywhere. it's incredible.

i think i'm going to get back into it. i haven't played in a long time but nothing else is really scratching the itch. i need to try to find a guild, i think.

Like somebody else said, Archeage had amazing potential. Almost felt like I was playing vanilla wow again for a few weeks, shame it was ruined by p2w.

Looking forward to Aion 2 assuming the project doesn't turn out to be something else, but it will be many years before a release let alone a version for the west if they even do it again.

>no map
>everything kills you
>finding your corpse takes like 50 minutes, only to get killed again by some bear before you can even figure out where to go
>fun

meh I get the nostalgia and the hardcore stuff, but not having even a fucking map is way too autistic

I wish I had better friends to play EVE with, that game was fun as fuck.

all you have to do is look one up on the wiki. areas aren't that big, doesn't take long to get a feel for places.

as for dying, git gud