This game was not that good

This game was not that good.

it's alright

it was a walking sim, of course it wasn't good

I've played it after Penumbra and it was quite dissapointing.
The setting just didn't do it for me.

True. It was a legit step down from the Penumbra games, but overhyped by the first-gen YT Lets Play-ers.

it really isn't.

It revitalized horror games and made them mainstream, it's probably the most let's played game on Youtube.

Even a big old school franchise like Resident Evil is basically bending over and letting it fuck it right in the ass, that's how influential it is.

OP here, like this game just doesn't even touch RE7 for me. And I'm not being reactionary towards the hot new game, I played RE7 before this.

RE7 is literally a direct descendant of Amnesia, Outlast, and all the other heavily scripted "hide & run" FP-horror games. The only "innovation" of sorts it has is to mix weapons into the set. Still pure LP watcher crap that's a mere shadow of the series' roots.

Except Penumbra was the real origin of it and the first game of that had weapons too.

It was fine.

Preferred SOMA though.

Amnesia and SOMA were good games. A machine for pigs was dogshit though.

Well aware of that, but like said earlier, Amnesia streamlined and simplified the Penumbra's formula quite a bit, and thus was more underwhelming in comparison. Those "weapons" of Penumbra ep1 also barely count, not only for the fact that you're not exactly meant to use the hammer & pickaxe as a weapon, but also for the fact that there's no guns at all like RE7.

Yeah but RE7 was good so

Nah it was great.

Horror games were going to die until Amnesia revived the genre and why its now mainstream again.

nah

Yep.

Even RE bowed down to its greatness.

not even a little tho

Yes it did by a huge margin.

It didn't tho senpai

I've been playing games for nearly three decades and I'll never forget my first playthrough of Amnesia. I wish I could undo my memory of the horror genre so I could experience it again. I love games that stick to me like that.

It actually did.

Same. Playing the custom stories just didnt felt the same as a first playthrought of Amnesia.

I actually dreaded to play it.