What happened?

What happened?

Black Flag is so much better.

I may push on to Syndicate and i hope Syndicate turns out a lot better.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YEAL0AXsQLw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Syndicate is utter shit.

Unity is better than both. Get some goddamn taste, faggot.

Both unity and syndicate were disappointments, wastes of time.

syndicate is trash. AC died after black flag

>I'm a closeted fag who fantasizes about pirate dick

AC died after AC1. Black Fag is AC in name only.

>What happened
New engine and Unity happened to be the Crysis to make a demo out of. They fixed it in For Honor but they damage had already been done (far worse) in the AC franchise

>Syndicate
Pander to SJW, fuck up the animations and take away the parkour, or specifically locking the parkour so you can't jump off a building.

>dick
>implying

>Pander to SJW
How?

Sometimes I can't tell if she's attracted to Kenway before he mentioned having a wife.

Either way I thought Ubi would make her a lesbian but nah, she got tactically pregnant.

WOMAN

Tranny in the train, women's rights being mentioned eveywhere (whereas it was more subtle and less obnoxious in the older games), and prostitutes are almost inexistent except in corpses.

I'm not nearly as mad about that as I was with how horrible the characters were. Psycho villains, cardboard 2good side characters and lacking any moral ambiguity the Kenway saga or AC1 had.

>What happened?
17+ games over a 9 year period.
Even with half of that, the series would be oversaturated at this point.
Too many cooks stirring the soup, diminishing demand for it the way they always make it.

This too, and it doesn't help that the movie wasn't a critical success.

>
>tactically pregnant
It's almost as if that happened to her irl

Syndicate was great and worth playing it, but the modern cities definitively miss some antic charm, and monument feel weird to climb, thus the regular use of the grapple.

Who in their right mind thought the movie was going to be a critical success? Even the people at Ubisoft should have guessed that these things rarely end up as more than expensive advertisement at best.

I mean "nah" in a good way.

At this point, the vidya movie industry is up for grabs for anyone willing to make a vg movie that will end up being the FIRST ACTUALLY DECENT (in critics eyes) adaptation that isn't Angry Birds, Resident Evil (which is more of an AU spinoff, really) or Prince-O-Persia.

Critical success?
It made 210 million at the box office....no one was thinking of the reception it would get just their bank balances

Ah! Sorry didn't understand your meaning, sorry mate.

>Black Flag is so much better.
BF is mediocre as fuc. Rogue is way better. BF is repetitive as hell and has the worst Assassin gameplay in the series. It's mostly eavesdrop/tail/boat tail missions.

You're not wrong, but dudebros/retards will defend that shit all day.

Syndicate is the worst in the series. Kill yourself for spreading your terrible opinion.

Anne is 10x better

My expectations have been lowered so much after Unity that the hype I felt for Syndicate could've been only represented as a negative number. I was pleasantly surprised.
It has many annoying faults, but it was way better than Unity.

BF and Rogue are equally lacking. R was way too short and Ade+Achilles had way too little screentime.

They could've actually twisted her to be Shay's mom or at least related to Shay just by her scottish heritage and surname.

It really feels like a movie, unlike 3

>release TWO AC at SAME year

i never seen blunder so stupid in corporate history

Hahahaha did you forget Unity existed?
Genetically you are a cul de sac. Please do not breed we could do without your top tire level mental acne.

>women's rights being mentioned eveywhere
Comes with the period, really.

Unity's only less worse than Syndicate. At least it tries to return to its roots. Syn is GOTTA GO FAST with its grapple hook while being shitty slow with its godawful combat system/

Well that's true, though the tranny thing is more attributed to being a marketing ploy moreso than something progressive when they've done better with Maria Thorpe and Mary Read.

>Adewale becomes this badass master assassin that did a lot for the assassins.
>Edward does nothing and gets killed by a unknown thief.

>Release Unity and Rogue around the same time
>Put all the marketing into Unity, just push Rogue out with few mentions to die.
>Rogue ends up being the better and preferred game
I can only imagine the developer butthurt.

Edward never wanted to continue being that close to the Assassin order. He didn't even train Jenny in self defense because he thought he'd soon put all that behind him.

Nah, he nearly had Jenny marry a Templar while his son actually becomes one. The Kenway family curse.

can we agree that all AC games are total garbage? i played unity and i was bored to hell after 5 hours..pressed on and hit the 10 hour mark...still boring fuck ac games , fuck ubisoft

Rogue's still less known than Unity but it's more well received by the fans.

Unity is actually good and very underappreciated. The only reason why it got so much shit was because of the broken release. A lot of the good things Unity did for the series was taken away in Syndicate, that's why people don't like it. It's was a step down gameplay wise.

It's pretty meh but I'm loyally autistic[/spoiler] enough to finish all of them xept for Syndicate, which bored me so much with the controls and the characters.

This

But damage done, Unity's now more remembered for pic related, which is worse than when AC3 was memed for CHARLES LEE

Well to be fair, the game in your example is the most boring one.

AC went to shit after AC2. Black Flag revived it by introducing piracy and high-seas fun, but not surprisingly it went right back to being garbage afterwards.

thats why ubisoft will continue to shit out garbage..why even put effort in it?

>17+ games
>ACI
>ACII
>ACB
>ACR
>ACIII
>ACL
>ACBF
>ACU
>ACRo
>ACS
That's 10 games. Where are the 7 I missed?

>better characters
>better customization
>far better combat system
>no gimmicky Batman grappling hook
>doesn't completely rewrite history for SJW points
Nah, Unity is superior.

Handhelds. The prequel for AC1 in the NDS (shit), the AC1 Bloodlines sequel for PSP (is alright), the Ezio in Spain extra for NDS (is alright), a couple of mobile games.

Liberation and the three Chronicles games. There were a couple of other handheld/mobile ones, too.

>The only reason
Yeah, except Arno is boring as shit, and the story has no arc and went nowhere in the end, resolving nothing.

Read the novels, Elise becomes less shit but Arno's still the most boring part of it.

Assassins Creed Chromicles series

But the Syndicate characters are cool, there's lot of investigation witcher like, and you can even investigate Jack the Ripper.

The only annoying part is the modern building and the use of grapple to speed up boring climbs (unlike the amazing mediterranean settings).

>Characters are cool
No

But yes on the investigations. I failed once with the Sweeney Todd inves because I thought it was the same as the original plot.

>Jack the Ripper
That dlc is even worse than the main game. Fuck off.

I didn't miss liberation.

This kind of games are way faster to produce, and I don't think they impacted the global ayy lore.

Why do you still buy and play games published by Ubisoft?

Have you not learned your lesson yet, or do you genuinely enjoy buggy, piss-easy games made for people who don't play video games?

Bloodlines actually did.

The early fanart before ACII was full of MariaxAltair.

Fun fact, ACRevelations was supposed to be a 3DS game but they switched to console and had a year to do all the assets into HD.

I'll pass on that one. Besides, even if that's true, the story contained within the ACU game won't become any better. A release should stand on its own, any other stuff (DLCs included) should just be considered extra, should you happen to want more. I don't.

Yeah yeah, the characters were a little lacking of substance, but the division strength/stealth was nicely done.

And implementing a girl was a good way to please the gamergirls.

Unity novel is actually Elise's side of the story which improves the characters but still doesn't do justice with the whole revolution thing being squandered.

That's a shame. Liberation is good for a handheld game.

>please the gamergirls
You mean "SJWs".

That's why there's only one huge city?
It was full of charm, these Ubi devs are definitively competent.

It was livelier than most cities, which was why I loved it a lot despite its underwhelming story.

Evie and, to a lesser extent, Lydia were total Mary Sue shitters.

Shao Jun, the chick from Russia, and Aveline are all much better and more interesting female characters.

Three cities, the cave one is sequence exclusive but still freely romable and Masyaf can be roamed around in a glitch which you can access cut parts of it
youtube.com/watch?v=YEAL0AXsQLw

Shao a cute when she struggled speaking non-japanese in Embers.

Chinese, and I agree. It's a real shame they gave her an English accent in her game.

Same. I fucking hated the romance shit - old Ezio trying to fuck some desperate ginger.

>everywhere
>one random line in the Churchill timeline

>random line
It's in a story cutscene towards the beginning of that area. The bitch might as well have winked toward the audience.

The first one is the only one that matters tbqhwy famalamdingdong.

>Unity is better than both
no

>get her outfit in Syndicate
>try to pretend that I'm playing as Shao Jun
>Evie takes her hood off after every little cutscene
>"oyy u wot, mayte"
>end up trading the game in at FUCKING GAMESTOP
>get $11 for it
More than it's worth.

Care to elaborate, nigger?

Unity is total garbage.
Rogue has a much better plot and still has the good piracy stuff.
Syndicate has better gameplay even if the world is a little bland.
Unity is only slightly better than III and is easily the weakest of the post-Desmond games.

Unity has great combat. Arguably better than the vast majority of other AC games.

I never said anything about Rogue.

Syndicate is fucking garbage. It's a step back in every way except the murder mysteries.

>III is the worst meme
Better than Syndicate by a mile.

>sucking off the Desmond games
What a surprise.

Unity was better than Rogue

>Oh my god they're finally doing the French Revolution game they've been hyping up! Hell yeah!!!! oh and some Black Flag spinoff I guess, cool, don't care
>buy Unity months after it gets fixed
>play 5 hours of it

>friend gives me Rogue when he sells his PS3
>ah well I wasn't really interested, and Unity sucked, but I can give it a shot
>end up 100%ing it

I still think Black Flag is better, but it was nice of Rogue to have only 1-2 following/eavesdropping missions (compared to Black Flag's 15 or so) Fuck those, seriously.

The better mission and outfit variety and existence of pistol holsters really edged Rogue over BF for me. Also, I just like Shay more.

I've done everything in it except the final Legendary Ship. That shit is nearly impossible.