Gaming/Office Chairs

Now for something completely different. Chairs. Been using this awfull Ikea chairs for ages now. What do you guys use and do you like it? I sit on my ass way too much to still be using such a garbage chair.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=h_jjK48fpYQ
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=68&v=7Helf_yrTn0
imgur.com/a/gflMw
officedepot.com/a/products/510830/WorkPro-Quantum-9000-Series-Ergonomic-Mesh/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>gaming chair

People are gonna tell you to get a 500 dollar+ chair.

Shit sucks man, I haven't found one for 100-250 ish that is great.

Are they good? I always heard they were wildly overpriced

>not using a gamer chair
what are you, a n00b?

That's what I'm afraid of aswell. But who knows, maybe someone found a gem.

the absolutely best chairs are going to be those high end task chairs that are designed to be used 8+hours a day. That's why people are going to recommend $500+ chairs.

That said, I work on my PC and I game on my PC when I'm done working, and I do OK in like, an off the shelf sub $200 chair from like, an office supply store. I have to replace them once every few years because I for some reason sit cross legged in my desk chairs, but they're not bad at all.

i have that chair OP. ikea markus

its quite alright. i guess id recommend it. my next chair will be a more cushiony one though.

I sit on a couch

Find myself leaning way too much, sitting up straight is apparantly too difficult for me.

Now for something completely different

youtube.com/watch?v=h_jjK48fpYQ

I stand at all times when gaming

I would look at adjusting your desk/monitor/keyboard before getting a new chair if your finding yourself hunched forward

If you think the Markus is shit, you clearly haven't bought many sub $500 chairs.

My Markus is still going strong after 4 years, meanwhile the four previous chairs were absolute trash despite initially appearing good quality. The wheels broke, the gas leaked and dropped the chair to minimum height, the armrests failed, the adjustment levers stopped working, the finish wore off in less than 3 months, every one of those chairs became loose in a months time. And I'm not even a hambeast, just tall.

Meanwhile My Markus' leather finish has not peeled, the back is not bent out of shape, the levers work, the wheels haven't buckled, the seat is rock solid and doesn't lean on its pivot anywhere, and the base of the seat is still soft and comfortable.

Seriously, if you're going to buy a budget chair, this one's the best, hands down, not a single other chair comes close in that price category. They will fall apart, snap, loose any indication of quality within a quarter year.

No idea how it holds up to the $1000 maximum luxury chairs that get recommended, but it sure as shit beats a DX Racer or whatever the fuck is popular with the noobtubers and twitch sluts.

>he believes the "chairs" meme

>implying that mouse isn't superglued to that pad

>having to keep your arms held up the whole time

nty if I wanted to work out I wouldn't play video games

>not owning a 360 degree motorized shitposting station
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=68&v=7Helf_yrTn0

So if I'm gonna drop 500 or so on a really good chair, what should I get?

I have a relatively bad back.

>800 pound cuckstation

my ikea markus keeps falling sliding down quite often annoyingly

my leather has peeled. the arms get dirty etc. still brety gud tho. and the seat become less padded after a while

Doesn't it come with a 10 year warranty though? If it's failing, get it replaced.

> for some reason sit cross legged in my desk chairs
Are you me?

they are. you'd be better off buying a second hand racing seat from a car and slapping some wheels on it.

a totalbiscuit wet dream

I read that post in a deep voiced Russian accent.

I know its a joke, but all I can think about is how annoyed I would be that the weight of my arms is on my elbows rather than my forearms.

>get a regular chair
>put a memory foam pillow on it

Instant comfyness.

My nigga.

why would you buy a gaming chair for $3-400 when for like a hundred more you can get a decent herman miller or steelcase

its stupid

I found a really good executive office chair at a thrift store and paid all of ten bucks for it

dont have a car so i had to roll it a few blocks down home but it was totally worth it lmaooooo

yeah but gaming chairs have super hardcore neon lights and racing stripes and shit

What the fuck, that's exactly the same kind of chair as i have. I think it's pretty good, though i wish it would lean back a bit further

Brand new herman miller aeron $800 comes with 12 year warranty, if you can't get a new one try and get a second hand one.

oh shit i needed this thread

i dont care about "gaymen" chair

i need a good chair with a long back

what should i get

Aeron

I have a lazy boy executive chair or some shit, it was like 200$

If you're paying 500 for a damn office chair you've got problems.

ppls respond

Sit on the floor you pussies

>If you're paying 500 for a damn office chair you've got problems.

Not money problems :^)

For real though, you can find $500+ chairs for cheap on craigslist and they'll last 10x as long than any Ikea or Officemax shit that you need to replace because it's chinese shit fabric and parts.

Been using this for a few years, was a wise investment

Anything branded "gamer" is cheap overpriced junk. Just go to goodwill and find a nice mini recliner ($15) or a foldout chair

If you look at chairs for like 2 minutes I'll guarantee you'll find exactly what you want and what you didn't know you wanted

i dont know anything about chairs thats why i ask

There's nothing wrong with spending a lot of money on a chair you spend most of the day in.

Look up chairs for sale you dunce, just look at them. You don't need to know anything but how to Google or go to a furnishing store or something

>sit in it
>is it comfortable?
>if yes, buy it
>if no, don't

You are now a chair expert. Go forth my child.

i dont want to leave the house

I gotcha, OP.

Just because a chair is comfortable doesn't mean it's good. The Ikea ones are fine comfortwise but the build quality is dogshit. I've gone through 3 of them. Also just an initial sitting isn't enough as some chairs can be ok for 5 mins but give you cramps after long hours. Even chairs like the Aeron have issues with cutting off thigh circulation.

If you're going to spend money, there is literally no other choice

I'm sick of this office ergonomics bullshit.

>>is it comfortable?

That's a trick question since most chairs feel comfortable at first. Its prolonged use that's the issue. If you end up having to get up every 5 minutes to make sure you're not fucking up your lower back or legs, then its not a good chair.

You're going to say that after the post above you points out a major flaw? Aeron isn't even their flagship anymore and there's really no reason to get an Aeron over a Steelcase Leap unless you really want mesh.

Real talk, I have a leap at work and I hate that pile of shit. I can never get comfortable in it, so end up just having to sit up straight all day without my back touching the backrest. At least my posture ends up being good

Is the Ikea Markus like their more cheaper chairs in that their padding gets worn out so quickly?

>inb4 fat burger

Nah I'm a skeletor, Ikea padding just sucks.

Those legs that Huey has in MGSV where he can sit down anywhere and it holds him up like a chair, I've seen something like that and itd be pretty sweet to have a pair but I'd look like a fucking idiot

>unless you really want mesh.
Which you should, because everything else wears out faster.

Also, personally I've never experienced the thigh circulation issue. Get a footrest or don't be a fatass.

Well I guess everyone is different. After trying out all of the major brands the Leap is the best one for me easily.

>because everything else wears out faster.

Not necessarily, mesh loses its tension, which will exacerbate the circulation issue on the Aeron.

>mesh loses its tension
you sound like an individual of the large persuasion

Nope, I can't gain weight even when I try. 120 pound skinny asian. I still feel like mesh isn't as supportive but it's nice for those summer days and you're trying to save on the bill. I still keep a Ergohuman around for those days.

then maybe you bought a knockoff - my office has nothing but Aerons and none of them have lost tension after years of use

I'm this guy
but i've found that the Think is GOAT comfy for me. I'm plotting how I can steal one of those from a conference room and switch it out with my leap. Soon (tm).

Of course i'll be asked to return it by the end of the day, we're very particular about our chairs for some reason

I don't own an Aeron but I've sat in plenty at places of work for long hours. I haven't personally experienced any circulation problems either but that doesn't change that it's a known issue with the chair.

steelcase amia that i jacked from work and a herman miller aeron for $20 at goodwill kek. Both are great but i like the sc just a bit more.

>Sitting.

THAT'S pretty dangerous. In fact sitting does you more harm than you know jack shit nothing about. Sitting can also possibly/probably kill you, or result fatally. Always be careful, Sup Forums. Yolo.

I use a plastic patio chair with a foam kneepad on top. I used to use a soft office chair, but I found it put bad pressure on my groin. I switched to the patio chair, but found it was too hard. But this is perfect.

Fun fact: Breathing can also kill you. It's scientifically proven that if you breath oxygen, you'll die eventually.

Really? How?

>I have a small penis

Fixed.

fuck you i fucking love this chair

Turn off your projector, or you can turn and point it elsewhere.

what a gentleman and a scholar

I am looking for a mesh chair for my home office because it's going to get hot in summer, but I don't think I can justify spending that much for it when I will use my standing desk half the time.

>Agree that DX Racer is stupidly overpriced for what it is
>Find another brand that has 1:1 the same chairs for almost half the price
>Cave in and get it

They're actually pretty damn nice. The foam is extremely dense and there's a lot of it. The lumbar support and cushioning is nice. The reclining is fucking amazing.

The only thing I don't like about it is it's not the most comfortable to play guitar in (and you can get sympathetic resonance from the steel frame inside the chair too which sounds weird).

> gaming chairs
the pinnacle of retardation, just get a comfy looking/decently reviewed office chair and you are golden.

>just get a comfy looking/decently reviewed office chair that will degrade in a year or two because of the crappy filler foam wrapped around the particle board is shit

I'm not saying get a Herman Miller Aeron, but those business store office chairs are typically trash. Markus is about the only chair under 300 I'd ever recommend to someone, and even that's not a perfect chair.

does anyone know what chair this is?
imgur.com/a/gflMw

it was the comfiest chair I've sat in. The arms are easy to adjust and it had 5 levels of adjustment. Pulling up on the arm rest would change the adjustment

Thank you for that comment, Reddit. Please leave an upboat and a "witty" movie quote.

My brother has a DX racer. The leather is wrinkled and the lever broke within a year. Still trying to get it fixed.

> linking to imgur
lurk moar or go the fuck back to leReddit

I don't know the name of it but I sat in it before and I agree, shits comfy as fuck

Thankfully I don't use the lever often, but yeah I could see how it would. Though I'm not sure about mine since it's definitely steel. The leather I've heard about having wrinkles even directly from their warehouse, so that's not too shocking.

Mine has a little bit on the backside of the right shoulder wing, but nothing I care about.

we have Humanscale freedoms at work, without headrest.

They are fucking dogshit.

Hermon miller Aeron is probably the best chair ive sat in.

To be fair he is fairly abusive toward lowering his backrest. Sleeping on it was probably not a good idea.

How is this one? officedepot.com/a/products/510830/WorkPro-Quantum-9000-Series-Ergonomic-Mesh/

how could I had some cushions to the armrests? I'm a heavy armrest user and they're too hard for my elbows.

post good chairs

i need one that'll last my ass

I actually posted this on reddit an nobody knew what it was
im an oldfag btw

sitting in that ikea chair right now. been working fine for me for the past 6-7ish years. it's not amazing, but it's serviceable. the non-leather one is kinda awful though.

I'll try putting pipe insulation foam with some kind of smooth fabric tacked on.

>tfw I live in a tiny room in my grandparent's garage because I can't afford my own place because in college so not enough space for a chair, only small desk and sit on bed to vidya and computer because

Fuck.

Anyone got any suggestions for back support?

they sell these foam lombar supports pretty chepa so you can put em on any kind of shit chair

I physically don't have space for a chair though. I sit at the end of my bed cross legged.

I just use this fucker. Cheap bonded leather, sure, but it's comfy enough. I had a wooden chair before so my standards are low, though.

Are there really still people under the age of 50 who still fall for the MUH Ergonomics chair instead of a standing desk? It's 2017 folks. Time to educate yourselves.

Only adjustables are worthwhile. Sitting or standing for prolonged periods of time are bad for you.

Those cost a considerable chunk of cash though.

I have a desktop riser and I would still like to sit once in a while. Standing for 8 hour straight is not a good idea.

Don't buy anything that will become worn after long, frequent usage. My biggest advice.

This means cheap leather is out of the question. If you sit on it enough, it'll become worn, and it will rip without much effort. It'll take time, but it'll happen, and I know you don't want some shitty ass leather chair filled with holes to sit on.

Same can go for other materials, not just leather.

best to stand up.

Bending your back while sitting is REALLY bad. Are they're special chairs I can get to keep my back upright?