will we get X announced at E3?

Other urls found in this thread:

fanboyarchive.com/dragon-quest-just-got-real/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I hope

Absolutely not

Why would you want a dying WoW clone?

I'd much rather have a western release of XI instead

Just getting around to doing the monster arena in VIII, if I lose a round will I go back to G rank?

>III
>VIII
>not great
>vii
>vi
>not ok

7 is shit and has the worst case of "it gets fun 50 hours in"

Isn't part of the appeal of X that it isn't just a WoW clone?

Honestly I just assumed it was after the FF and especially SMT ones were. I've never actually seen anything about it, but 95% of MMOs these days are WoW clones so it seemed like a safe bet to make

fanboyarchive.com/dragon-quest-just-got-real/

I wish I could go

sounds really fun

>I'd much rather have a western release of XI instead

its pretty much a given at this point

plebs

>being an EOP
>wanting DQ10

>Dragon Quest VI
>good

I don't know much about the series but this is the first time I see VII above VIII.

What's the best party for B and A rank Monster Arena? I've already gotten Red, so I have access to most of the world.

iirc X is made by the same team that made FFXI, so its more like that

What jrpgs would you guys recommend to me? I don't really play them. I plan on beating DQ8 first, moving on to something else so I don't get burned and then move on to Persona 5 and after that down the road I was thinking FFIV. Either that or DQ5.

Chrono Trigger
Xenoblade Chronicles
Dragon Quest 3
Shin Megami Tensei IV (a decent game at best, but a great entrypoint to the series other than Persona)
Final Fantasy 6

>Xenoblade Chronicles
That game is goat. It's what got me into wanting to try more jrpgs.
I already have CT for the vita. Gotta get on that some day.

The appeal of Dragon Quest X is that its an FFXI clone.

More DQXI news when?

Man I can't wait for that. That was shown during the PSX right? Or was it E3? Was that even shown officially to the west?

Shut your whore mouth scum, the story is amazing, i literally cried when you-know-who dissapears at the end.

Every little town has it's own comfy story, like DQVII, but VI doesn't feel like it should be 20 hours shorter.

And the monster recruiting mess of DQV is gone too.

VI>V>IV

Christ could you have shittier taste?

More of it was shown last month during its own event, which was just the OW in the PS4 version and a town in the 3DS version.

>Was that even shown officially to the west?
Some folks from SE said they were releasing DQ8 and Heroes 2 to "soften the ground" for DQXI so it seems likely to me.

When does 3 really get going?
I came back to it after 8, and finished 1 and 2 prior, but it's not really catching me yet

Call me contrarian for saying this, but anyone else kind of prefer the NES version of 3 to SNES and GBC. Now hear me out there what I like about is that it's just simple to pick up and play. When I try to play the SNES and GBC I worry about stupid shit like personalities and getting everything on a pachisi board and whatnot. It really fucks with my OCD. Also the remakes are noticeably a lot easier as well probably due to your characters being a lot more overpowered in comparison.

VIII > VI > V > VII > IV > I > III > IX > II

Pachisi is extremely fun though, I couldn't imagine III without it.

>7
>great
I hate this meme

I dunno I just have the entire game's walkthrough in my head and I hate missing something, like tiny medals for example. I don't have these problems with the other games though.

If you have the entire game memorized then I can definitely see not enjoying other versions as much.

>I
>better than II
There are supposed to be limits to faggotry

>Oi m8 just hit whatever you want fuck strategy

>1 has strategy

I has it's own charm.

They fucked up with II

>game that has just one character and one enemy at all times
>more strategy than a game with multiple character and enemies
And on a side note, I find that my party in 2 are way better at the whole strong guy hits one enemy to weaken them near death weak guy finishes off weakened enemy while other strong guy hits somebody else, while in 3 all of my strong dudes will kill that one guy extra hard while the pathetic staff wielders deal chip damage at the full health enemies

Do alot of people not like 9? I mean I've on played 9,7,and 6 but I have to say that I fell in love with 9, 6 is fun, but 7 is starting to bore me

Ah man, I couldn't get into the whole parallel world shit. Felt generic, especially after IV and V's interesting temporal and spacial conceits.

I'm with you on monster recruiting in V being lame though.

1 has easily one of the blandest battle systems in any game.

I'm in the middle of V right now, playing the main games chronologically. Just reached the start of the marriage storyline. Not really feeling it yet, the monster stuff feels really tacked on and I think I prefer IVs tone and ensemble cast to the biographical story of V.

IV (NES) > III (SNES) > V (DS) > I (SNES) > II (SNES)

I also really got into Builders and DQM2. The first Monsters was okay but its sequel blows it out of the water.

So wait, just finished Builders and is the ending supposed to be a time skip where people are rebuilding Tantegel for real now that the Builder defeated Dracolord, or is it supposed some of alternate reality thing about the Builder helping to build the town into the castle some time before II's era?

It's actually pretty unique. Instead of being another vertical progression endgame raiding MMO like WoW and its many clones, it's a horizontal progression story-focused MMO. Not only that, but DQX attempts to play like a regular DQ game by going with an ATB system. There's no tanking either, vocations are either DD, healing or support.

Xenoblade was overrated garbage.

This, offline MMOs are shit.

You got some fucked up tastes, bro

How do you announce a game that has been out for years?

Western release?

Okay.

Why would they bother localizing it now? It's 4 years old and likely already past its prime. Most potential western buyers have either lost interest or already play on the JP servers.