Arms Thread

There's 2 new trailers explaining different weapons and characters

youtube.com/watch?v=ed6ieyYTazM
youtube.com/watch?v=XxZJa78FC3M

Other urls found in this thread:

nintendoeverything.com/arms-producer-on-the-games-origins-more-news-about-content-to-come-controls-more/2/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Master Mummy can tank hits while doing nothing

Jesus Christ that's some Armstrong shit

>$60 for 5 characters

It's actually when he's dashing or doing some other actions. He's basically parrying all the hits rather than just walking into them.

he's thicc

Still not confirmed. The latest 1 2 switch trailer shows 18 minigames but there's 28 confirmed total.

how does this make you feel

So where else do you think they will take the other characters mechanics wise? We've got a Jack of all trades character, two characters with unique air mobility, one with a unique dash, and a heavy character with armor. I'm thinking we'll get another low damage character that's much faster on the ground, a slow character with a much larger teleport, and a character that has forced asymmetrical arms so one glove is always a heavy glove and the other is always a light glove.

it's still not confirmed because they literally said that what we've seen so far isn't the whole roster. what does 1 2 switch have to do with anything

What's the deal with these? Can they not be blocked, or are they just really wide?

>Master Mummy can just run straight at you like a fucking train

Jesus Christ

>forced asymmetrical arms
a crab

Trailers released on the same day.

More characters confirmed
nintendoeverything.com/arms-producer-on-the-games-origins-more-news-about-content-to-come-controls-more/2/

Are there any more semen demons than the Cheerleader?

ARMSU

Pretty sure dashing is just short, quick movements with end frames where you're vulnerable. Master Mummy will also be taking damage from the attacks as its super armor instead of actual parrying.
Coincidentally, Spring Man can autoparry after doing a dash.

>make toothpaste-man the flagship character
>when he's the worst design we've seen so far

They should've just used the cheerleader

Twizzlers tie-in when?

boomerang things look op
>tfw thought this game looked fucking stupid but these vids make me want to play it

i see the ribbon girl more than spring man. and no, not in fanart

That's what I was thinking of when I thought of the concept.

They must've figured the trailer was retarded then

it's meant to behave like a whip

they didnt specify anything else other than that which is weird since the others got so much info

why

yeah, the first trailer made it look like another wii sports but it's actually complex and there's a lot going on

I actually got to play the demo Ninjara' s chakram have even more control over their flight path. I was able to do a full S shape with a punch. They don't do much damage and any other punch should knock them out of the sky.

So it gets behind the enemy's back and possible behind their block?
I can see it becoming a common loadout for Ribbon vs Master Mummie

how do you charge

Ribbon can charge by jumping IIRC
Normally by pressign the button and holding.
Other characters might have their own extra mechanics for charging.

which button

The hell I know, there's a treehouse video where they explain it

Why do I feel people will main Ninjara and spam his dodge?

>mechanica
>not the cutest little thing

you can't dodge my mummy fists

Sup Forums stopped caring about her after the devs said she is just a girl on a mech instead of a head on a robot body

Why does this game look so slow?

The first trailer being an entire minute of real life actors was a terrible idea.

>implying

I still like her

because the people playing it are just demonstrating the mechanics. there is fast paced gameplay but not a lot of it

because it's made so every hit counts, rather than ORAORAORA (except the special moves)

Dodge is counter based. You can't actively use it

no

but i am disappointed she isn't a quad amputee

you sick fuck

>Repeated 2d crowd

Truly the next level.

living onaholes are hot as fuck

all characters charge by preforming a non-punch action (jump, block, dash, ect) or by simply not punching for a few seconds

You better believe it.

Candy would make a decent theme for a character.
Other possible character themes:
>Electric Cables
>Lava
>Water
>Rope (Swashbuckler or Sailor, maybe?)

what game?

A Pirate with Anchor arms would be amazing.
Or maybe Santa with beard arms

>people think this casual shit will be taken seriously at EVO

people are just thinking of ropes and stretchy things, forgetting that the fists are changeable and you can have projectiles. the possibilities are limitless

what's casual about it? there has been worse

Given Smash, Pokken, MvC and SFV got in EVO might as well have ARMS on it.
It's already a meme event anyway

I see no one has listed what each character's special abilities are so far.

>Spring Man
>can autoparry after dashing
>all punches are charged when low on health

>Ribbon Girl
>can at least triple jump and in addition air dash at least once. Might be able to quad jump or triple air dash as you can see her double jump, air dash, and jump again.
>can charge punches in the air

>Ninjara
>vanashing air dash
>can dodge on block

>Master Mummy
>super armor when doing things like dashing and jumping
>heals while guarding

>Mechanica
>super armor similar to Master Mummy
>can hover in the air. Not sure how this affects air dash and double jumps.

>Smash gets in
>2 Smash games get in
>still talks shit about Evo
Sounds like the Nintendo fanbase alright

>60 dollars for a tech demo.

why do you have to turn everything into console war shitflinging

>le nintendork boogeyman
Half the point of that post is that Smash (specially Melee) shouldn't be at EVO.
Learn to read.

everything is a tech demo

only five characters

waggle controls

Forza 6.

Then just call it "Fighting-games-that-only-play-like-Street-Fighter" if that's all you want to allow, faggot.

>Tekken plays like SF
>Mortal Kombat plays like SF
kys

the whole roster hasnt been shown and waggle controls are optional

Hair arms seems like it has to happen.

I really want a plush toy character that has sewing string as his arms.

Some kind of fire arms or lava like that other user suggested could do interesting shit if they put collision on them.
Someone who's arms do some mild damage if you touch them after dodging, or even just leave a temporary trail after the punch for zoning.

None of the guys so far seem good for zoning and forcing the enemy to stay back, which seems needed here considering fuckers like Master Mummy can benefit from getting in close.

>characters
See Also, traditional controls are supported

Motion controls is turned off in online multiplayer, right?

first trailer was genuinely awful, they should have showed gameplay right away instead of spending half of it on the two retards waggling at eachother

Ribbon sounds OP as fuck.

Then why are they okay but Smash isn't?

It's not a war of any console hardware but the fact Nintenbabies feel like four of their games are entitled to be in Evo. That's Smash, another Smash, Pokken, and ARMS. That's four fucking games worth of arrogance. Two Smash games are guaranteed to be in and there's still more entitlement from the players and community. This shit is off the fucking rails.

You can use normal or motion, it's up to you

Then don't go or watch it, faggot

Kill Jester

>mortal kombat
>taken seriously
look at this dumb negroid

Melee is a solved game at this point.
Sm4sh is boring to watch, slow and has little competitive depth

chill dude, you was the one who started with the whole "lol arms at evo" thing.

Huh. Guess online rankings won't mean jack shit.

Why?

you're the one person who started talking about EVO, why turn it into console wars when it's game specific? the people into pokken probably wont be the same people into ARMS. you don't see this shit with exclusive fighting games on any other console do you? you just want to complain about nintendo fans like a little baby

Nicely done reading something that wasn't at my post.
The point is that MK isn't a SF clone

I really like that ARMS hoodie

If it's a fighting game worth a damn, using a regular controller will the be the optimal way to play. People can just grind against people using the motion controls and inflate their rankings.

She's ARMS Jigglypuff.

But this game isn't about ringouts, so she may be a bit less powerful than Jiggs.

the conversation was about arms being taken seriously

if broken garbage like mortal kombat can be "taken seriously" at evo then honestly arms would probably fit right in

how broken is arms user?

I see your point, but, you will probably not know if they are using motion controls or not. As a result they won't exploit people who use them, at least in an easy way.

Exactly.
IMHO EVO is more about what people find fun to watch than anything those days

You do realize Evo games are not a case of it is either being played or it isn't. It can only have so many games, and Nintendo fans feel like their shit should occupy half of the event and demand prime time and the spotlight. One Smash game? Nope, two? We must complain more. Waaah why aren't you supporting Pokken? No we want ARMS as well. Not even the FGC wants 2 NRS games in there or 2 Tekken games.

See

This is gonna go over like Splatoon was supposed to. Calling it now.

I hope so.

I don't think it'll be as big a hit as Splatoon, but for it to do decently be nice.

>implying this isn't the fighting game version of splatoon
>implying motion won't be the optimal control scheme

what did he mean by this?

Splatoon is extremely popular among Wii U owners. How was it supposed to go over. Are you saying this is going to bomb or sell hotcakes?

1. That hasn't been confirmed as the full cast. More characters are probably coming soon.

2. I suggest you reserve your judgement for the waggle controls until you actually try them, not only that, there is an option to play using the regular controller, dickhead.

It was supposed to be a flop. Something to prove that Nintendo fans don't want new stuff and just want to constantly relive their childhoods.

Yeah and Mortal Kombat and Injustice players aren't NRS players.

Using the motion controls in Splatoon was akin to using a mouse. The most optimal way to play a shooter. Please, tell me a fighting game that was made better with the use of motion controls?