Why is no one talking about this?

Why is no one talking about this?
steamcommunity.com/games/593110/announcements/detail/558846854614253751

/agdg/ is fucking livid over it

what happen

Because it was already discussed to death.

It's honestly a shame. Every morning I get real comfy with a cup of coffee and judge applicants. It's all going away soon..

>tfw probably have to pay hundred of bucks in order to get my visual novelaccepted

greenlight was the worst thing to happen to steam in this decade

You already had to pay 100 for greenlight, it will probably be 200 or more now.

Rest in shit Mexicants

good
i hope you have to submit it for over $1,000 it then it doesn't get accepted

Why would they be upset? They don't make games.

But why?

So what, does this mean more quality control, or you just pay more and don't have to go through approval?

you pay more

$1000- $5000 per game is a pretty steep price for an indie dev.

Well, it ain't so bad. It has the potential to keep shovelware trash off the store. If a guy makes shitty RPGmaker games and can't raise the 5000$ needed to put his game on steam, the whole thing might be better off that way.

There was a big thread on it earlier. What little info we have has been processed.

Of note, the entry fee is 'recoupable', which leads people to believe the Valve cut is waived until you earn the fee back. It could mean anything, though, given how little info Valve has given and how little thought it looks like they've given this.

Recoupable can also mean if you pull your game off steam.

500 bucks will keep shovelware off the stores

I'm fine with this and hope they pick a price on the higher end of that range.

Honestly I would say make it somewhere between $2 and 3k but take it out of the games initial sales so that the quality of the game matters rather than you shoving some shit game game made from base assets on the market to make a quick buck.T

That way it goes toward having a quality product but also one that people will keep.

Nope. Fuck you and your shit product. Get the fuck off Greenlight and give up already.

>how little thought it looks like they've given this
based off of the zero official word that we've gotten, or based on some inside knowledge that nobody knows about yet?

You forgot to tell him to kill himself, user.

Green light shouldn't have lasted this long. So much garbage.