NieR thread

New trailer and best girl got even better edition
Trailer: youtu.be/LLCrzJdF8Z4

2b legitimately has one of the best character designs l've seen for a female protag

really hyped for this game

fucking THICC

>tfw will have to avoid Sup Forums like the plague after the Jap release
Won't even watch reviews, the trailers already did more than enough for me.

Time to get off Sup Forums soon cause the fanbase has turned to shit and will spoil everything.
I played Nier long after it came out and never got spoiled, meanwhile now people are basicly aiming to spoil the shit out of it.
Also waifufags in general ruined everything

pc when

Huh, didnt know you get to play as all 3 of them. Thats dope.

13 days left and still no word about PC. Already hearing rumors that Saito is waiting how initial sales on PS4 are before they pull the trigger. God I hate you Square.

MY fucking GOD. What is happening. 2B9S moment. ;_;

Or you could just suck it up and get a ps4.

wew lad I can't wait to see more spoilers in the intro cutscene

fuck you cavia

I knew A2 would be a boss fight. You dont make an edgy character like her and not make her a boss fight.

Well, knowing how cut Deus Ex off, how Final Fantasy had an underwhelmed success, that actually seems probable due to the new project with Marvel being top priority. Wasting more time and money in some niche title such as this is questionable when the majority of its audience is still on playstation. I still want to replay it on 1440 on my pc though.

>No, 9S, I am... A2
Called it from a fucking mile away.

Nah, I'll wait. The game looks like its gonna be some shitty romance story tho. Not my type. Only here for the robot girls.i hope you can cut the yorha commandos to pieces, that would be hot.

>final boss is yourself

>good sales when the release is between the switch/zelda and that zero horizon shit normies are raving on
it will be like all Yoko Taro's work: a later cult classic

>shitty romance story
That's the best part. Taro is going to shit on it and make it depressing as fuck.

The end message translates to:

IORHA TRUTH

What could this mean? Any ideas?

Weebs, get to work, translate this shit

Sorry its

YORHA TRUTH

Just saw the y.

>A2 takes over 2B.
A2 had a hard life. She lost her lesbian school girl lover.

Makes sense. I wondered why they switched number around. I assume A2 was initially called 2A, then she wet rogue, and 2B, an exact model based on her was sent out. Judging by how the commander looks at the end, its safe to assume that there was no war and 2B is assigned to kill A2 for possessing classified intel.

Probably another german reverse word like Nier.

So does anyone know if the short hair is a story related change, or an entire change to her model? I think it looks a lot better.
Also, I feel like the game has had a huge downgrade. Anyone else? No problem with the fact, I just thought they'd try to go for better graphics.

>but 2B you are the robots

every time

does it release on PC and PS4 at the same time?

Somewhat. Look at this shit.That is PS3 tier textures. Its like DS2 all over again.

>its safe to assume that there was no war

??? Yes there is.

No. No word on PC release date yet.

Unlikely at this point. The game is out om the 24th and still no word about it. An optimistic guess is summer. At worst, sometime around Q3

Is that A2 or is it 2B all fucked up?

They announced a PC version so I'll wait. It would be retarded to just buy a PS4 when the game comes out on my preferred platform anyway.

What bothers me the most is just, that they don't even come out and give us a simple release date. I can handle a delayed release and everything but the way they are handling this whole thing just doesn't feel right. A simple release date is all I ask for.

Going by hair length, it's 2B, but looks a lot like A2. Definitely intentional.

Seems to be A2 with short hair.

2B is A2 apparently.

Darn, Game looks cool, but fuck buying a PS4 just to play this.

Wait, that is 2b or A2?

>not robutt

one job

>2017
There, you now have your release date. Now just wait.

It kind of even looks worse than DoD3.

Or rather WAS. Its probably one of those "the war was over years ago, john. And we lost." but 2B and 9s doesnt know it yet whereas A2 would be your shell shocked Nam vet who went through that hell and you have to put her down.

This trailer was just using PS4 footage and not PC like the other ones.

I'm guessing 2B, and all androids have the same skin under their clothing. Saito said previously that they were exploring clothing destruction in battle, that's probably the result of that.

WAT?

You must not remember Drakengard 3.

what the fuck

but then why are they both on the cover?

fucking Taro, your'e killing me

>its spec ops but with robutts

Not confirmed, although heavily hinted at with them having the same mole on the left of their chin and this trailer.

looked better my dude

>Support Units have Red Eye at 2:40.

It just keeps getting better.

TIME TRAVEL

Downgrade is the most likely answer.

>same weapons
>same eyes
>same lips

holy shit how the fuck did i miss this

better kept secret than Venom snake

Fuck man, it's a damn shame the PC release date hasn't been announced yet. I've spent way too much money on PS4 games recently to justify buying more so a discounted PC price would be just what I need.

Their undergarments are different though...?

Jesus fuck. People like you are ruining these threads, just fucking fuck off to tumblr with your shit.

The mole is the bigger indicator

She's always had that. The only difference between the two has always just been hair length. Everything else was down to what they were wearing.

Oh boy.

Just give me my robo caim goddamit

>2B YOU TRULY ARE THE NIER: AUTOMATAâ„¢: BLACK BOX EDITION

AHAHAHAHA what the fuck Taro.

She has a mole on the other side of the face.

I'd say they were created to be twins or something like that.

Why are you fixated on the release date? PC doesn't use physical media so announcing the release date is the same as releasing the game unless you want to light a fire under your devs.

Consoles have the pre-order culture and physical media, which is why you need to tell people when they can get their shit from the store that they order half a month in advance. The physical media needs to be shipped and pressed. I wouldn't be surprised if you found out the PC release date on the actual date of release.

Maybe somehow, 2B survived the demo and another one was sent as a replacement?

I FUCKING LOVE YOU YOKO TARO and whoever likes him enough to fund another Nier game

Collector's edition are starting to be charged for

they all use the same base model

People have mentioned that they have the same face before.

No, it's on the same side.

Sorry. It's in the game, user.

Because the franchise doesn't have a precedent for twins/clones

>Robots can be twins
>Robots can be Red Eyes
>Red Eye Twins are a major antagonist

How fucked is Earth? I'd say everyone might die, but Taro may consider that a release from suffering.

Because steam has preorder culture too you know. In fact, every Japanese game that didnt have a steam page a couple months beforehand have been flops. This is why MGSV and DaS has been so successful there.

Well, when it's not i. cutscenes it didn't look too great except foir character models and it probably had the advantage of using a different artstyle. But then again the levels were pretty small and ran at 15-30 fps

More mother/daughter. A2 was created from SEED along with other androids and 2B and 9S were created from A2, according to what I read on the blog.

Maybe they recycle 2B's as a routine kind of thing. Wipe the memory, make a new body, send them off as new. Sort of like that Tom Cruise Oblivion movie where every copy is just made from the same original.

Maybe A2 is a really old 2B that somehow managed to escape recycling.

why are you so gay user?

>people surprised robots look the same
Okay

Dat clipping though.

Nobody likes forced romance.

9S lost his hand.

We already knew that Red Eye could possess Replicants, which were specifically engineered to be immune to WCS. It happens before the events of Nier, and Red Eye just gets killed again.

So A2 is the Shadowlord to 2B's Nier.

user, any romance in fiction is forced.

Ever think that those games might have been a success because they were well known and actually good games?

Also Danganronpa, I think it was the first game, had slightly less than 2 weeks of pre-orders and it was successful.

Holy shit that lighting. The potato budget is really starting to show

2B is the most perfect girl in the world.

A2 is broken and busted.

too bad it's a niche jap game that no one cares about
it's gonna sell like shit and no one will remember it because normies dont give a fuck about your weaboo game

shes uglier without the patch

Peace of mind and something to actually look forward to, as retarded as that may sound. I usually take a few days off too when a new game I want to play comes out. I can't do that like a week before.

That and seeing how the fanbase turned to shit with all those idiots wanting to spoil stuff for us horrible pc gamers, as if we are some kind of cancer, I just want to know how long I have to avoid this site once the game hits the streets in japan.

are there any shots of 2B and A2 in the same place? actually asking, not making a joke

>FUUUUUUUUUUUUC--

who cares as long as I can play it during the time this shithole goes crazy with the new Zelda garbage?

Gay watcher bros.

I wouldn't say they recycle them, but they are designed to be expendable.
Since the androids do have free will, they're liable to go rogue after a certain time, especially if the main Yorha group is up to shady shit and they find out. I'd wager any android who brushes them the wrong way is signed up for a suicide mission next chance they get.

Since androids are strong, they probably don't want too many running around at once, so A2 and 2B existing at once is likely forbidden, since they're clearly the same model.

I wonder who is going to repair her in this moment.