EVO 2017

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/scrub-league/ep-30-james-chen-on-the-state-of-street-fighter-future-of-the-fgc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why are two slots wasted on Smash instead of actual fighting games? I could maybe understand one, even though I don't think it should be there, but why two?

I don't see why evo feels the need to only be modern fightan games (and melee).

If I had it my way, there would be Third Strike, King of Fighters '98, Soul Calibur 2, and Bloody Roar 2. Not fucking Injustice 2 wtf

Because nobody attends the games you listed. People circlejerk about how good they are, but close to none of them are tournament goers

You never realize how much you love someone until they're gone ;_;

>smash 4 and melee
f*ck yeah im hyped as sh*t

MAH
VEL
BAY
BEE

>rev 2
>bb
>melee

fuck yeah time to see some fast paced fightan

Why don't they put games people will be interested in like Dragon Ball Xenoverse?

>Smash
>Smash again

No thanks

>TWO (2) SMASHES
>No Killer Instinct
I can understand mahvel since that's getting a rerelease but come the fuck on

>Censoring your own posts
How fucking pathetic. You're time is up, stupid smash kid.
*stomps on your throat*
We play fighting games here.

FOR HONOR WHEN

Marvel was voted in. The 9th spot was another donation drive, Killer Instinct got 3rd and Marvel won.

If EVO can support two Smash Bros why can't we get MvC2 back?

Solid imo. Not a fan of two melee games being mainstage games, but if they bring in the players than it's no big deal.

Everyone complains about 2 Smash games but what about there being 2 Anime fighters?

The slots are 90% determined by which company forks up money for it.
That's why shit like injustice 2 are there and SFV instead of IV

MvC2 fans need to pony up the money that Smash fans did.

5 good games ain't bad. Not ready to see MAHVEL's last appearance though, gone too soon ;__;7

>You're time is up, stupid smash kid.

Not him, but apparently their time is not quite up yet if that roster is any indication.

Because, although they're from the same developer, they're not from the same series.

Hope you fags are ready to accept for honor to your little club

desu im not really interested in any of that

If For Honor were going to be at Evo, it'd be there this year. Ubisoft doesn't care enough to pay their way in.

Real roster coming through

Why are BB, GG, and KOF there?

Nobody gives a shit.

>Translation: I don't like these games, why are they here?

Get over yourself faggot.

>no smash for 3ds
shit roster

Can the hypest moment of evo 2016 be topped this year?

Better question: will Hungrybox be sponsored by Huggies, Pampers or Gerber this year?

GG- sweet
melee - cool
tekken - maybe?
KI - why the fuck isn't it on the roster
everything else - who cares

God, I hate fucking smash kids. I want to take a combat knife and dislodge the teeth of every stupid smash preteen and wear them as a necklace.

>KI - why the fuck isn't it on the roster
MS doesn't care enough to pay, Neverrealm takes the only western fighting game slot with Injustice

>/r/kappa

sfv sucking doesnt make 4 any less of a piece of shit

when are you going to stop the false flagging

Uhhhh they forgot DOA 5...

Real explanation: they're the 2nd and 3rd most entered games at EVO by a long shot with only

>Replace melee with pokken
>replace Injustice 2 with KI

Would this make it perfect?

soundcloud.com/scrub-league/ep-30-james-chen-on-the-state-of-street-fighter-future-of-the-fgc

5:10

holy shit......

>Pokken

are you fucking stupid

Arms for next EVO?

Anyone?...

Replace KI with Windjammers and maybe

replace smash 4 with mario party and anime shit for mk double dash

>he doesn't remember evo 2015

They have about as much in common as Melee and Sm4sh do, and Blazblue was originally developed as a successor to Guilty Gear when the rights to the majority of the cast were lost.

remove tr4sh

But the fact remains that Blazblue ISN'T Guilty Gear.

And that's everything.

what happened what do i need to remember

>that feel when you are continually reminded of the fact that SF5 will be forced to mainstage and headline the next 5 or 6 evos
>that feel when you are continually reminded of all the forced interest and "hype" for SF5 because capcom controls the money in the FGC
>that feel when you are continually reminded of the FGC community reluctantly playing and praising SF5 to stay relevant because they have no actual skill that matters in the real world at all

So you would agree that the complaints are petty?

>anime fighters are fighting games
>Smash is not

>anime players only smell mildly bad and don't boo other games
>Smash players smell really bad and boo other games

Hope this clears things up for you

James Chen is such a bitch

>Doesn't matter that they play near-identically
>They have a different name, so its okay!
>It's literally only not okay when Smash does it
Fuck, Smash 4 and Melee probably play more differently than those other two games do from one another.

No, because I agree. Blazblue and GG are two completely different games, while Melee and Sm4sh are the like having Xrd and Xrd Rev as mainstage games and calling them two completely different and separate games.

>It's not a fighting game if it doesn't play just like Street Fighter
Now please give me a bunch of contradictory, hypocritical excuses as to why all those other games that don't play like "real" fighting games are okay but Smash still isn't.

melee should be on sunday and arguably the headline game
even its own community fucking hates sfv

Well that sucks, but I can see why they keep them around. Do people who aren't smash fans even enjoy watching it?

why are street fighter fans assholes

You're a dumb fuck but I'm on Sup Forums so that's kind of my expectation by now.

It should just have its own tournament!

What's the schedule though? Are they getting smash shit out of the way on days 1 and 2?

Why are smashfags autists?

Nice counterargument faggot.

First off, GG and BB play nothing like SF. Second, playing like SF means nothing. Tekken is a fighting game, Virtual On is a fighting game, Soul Calibur is a fighting game, even For Honor seems to be a fighting game. Smash however, is made by Nintendo, making it automatically not a fighting game.

8 frames LUL

i dont give a shit about esports. video games is not a sport.

They think they're god's gift to the FGC that all should revere and imitate

Melee is on Saturday and Sm4sh is main stage on Sunday

Set 1 Game 4 was the best game of GF

muh footsies

>b-b-b-b-but smash

every time

Better than both of them being on Sunday I suppose.

You argued that Melee and Sm4sh are as similar as Rev and Rev2 (a balance patch + 2 characters). I don't need a counterargument because there never was one to begin with.

>Replace melee with Gundam VS
FTFY

>translation: I've got nothing, here's your reply

Thanks for the (you) faggot.

>HURRR DURRR L CANCELIING BLAH BLAH WAVEDASH BLAH BLAH MELEE IS THE DEEPEST MOST COMPLEX HIGHEST TECHNICAL FIGHTING GAME DERP HERP HERP

Why are Melee babies so far up their own asses? What the fuck is "L canceling" anyway?

Whoops my bad, Xrd and Rev would be even less different because for a long time Rev was 3 (then 5 then 6) extra characters with zero balance changes for the rest of the cast.

>muh mahvel
Ready for morridooms, vergils, lightning loops and magnetos?
I am

I don't even like melee but it has by far the highest technical execution requirements of any game ever played competitively.
There's a reason only like 10 people total have ever won melee majors.

Here's an idea that Smash players will absolutely love. Have your own event, far away from Evo.

>2 smash
>marvel
just fuck my shit up

Press L (or R) just before you land with an aerial to cut the animation in half

>it has by far the highest technical execution requirements of any game ever played competitively.
Translation: Smash players are too autistic to play on anything other than garbage Gamecube controllers so they break their hands into pieces trying to wrap them around fisher price garbage playing one of the slowest and most boring competitive games of all time

>basic cancels are seen as high level techniques in smash
lol?

He's not wrong though

L-cancelling is the most baby level technique, it's as basic as doing a fireball in Street Fighter. Chen sounds like a moron being blown away by SHFFLing.

They're not, they're entry level

Pressing L (alternatively, R or Z) right before landing during an aerial attack. It reduces the landing lag (recovery frames in more traditional FGC terminology) of aerials by half.

Is he "our guy"?

Yeah, and by the time EVO 2018 lineups roll out the game will be dead

Funny, because EVO has done just fine without Smash money before.

really makes you think

That's the bone I have to pick with smashtards. WHY do they call recovery frames lag? Who taught them that?

Look you can be a contrarian fag if you want and get all mad at melee but you're just spouting blatant lies now. I bet you even voted for Trump.

Then why i don't see sf players in smash?
>inb4 not a fighting game
If it's that easy, surely i could see daigo or wong in there

>WAAAA WAAAAA MAMA I WON EVO MAMA WAAAA WAAAA LOOK AT ME I'M SUCH A DRAMA QUEEN ABLOO BLOO I'M A CRINGE WORTHY BABY WAAA WAAAA I QUIT MY ENGINEERING JOB TO PLAY A KIDS PARTY GAME WAA MAMA

But they objectively do better with it. KI and Pokken combined wouldn't even get a tenth of the entrants that the Smash games get.

RyanLV is going to beat everyone with chun and phoenix and it's going to be glorious