Do I play the original MGS or Twin Snakes remake? I've not played any of them before

Do I play the original MGS or Twin Snakes remake? I've not played any of them before.
I'll be emulating.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=j9mQKZMOzLs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

OG.
Twin Snakes is too easy, lacks the Ocelot boss fight and the cutscenes are goofy matrix parodies.

Metal Gear Solid at native resolution.

Original. No matter what.
If you really want to see what kind of major fuck up TTS is, do it sometime after MGS2.

They fucked up voice acting, cutscenes, graphical style, gameplay with new additions but unchanged maps & enemy placements, and there's tons of other bullshit with no reason to exist or be so fucking bland in early 00s.

just play twin snakes. the original was a "had to be there" sort of thing. you're not going to feel the magic that was felt back in 1997.

No native resolution for a PC game :^)

The PC port is not worth it.

You won't appreciate the differences between 1 and 2 if you play Twin Snakes first.

MGS1 if you want to fit in with the cool kids, TTS if you want to just play it without having to work around dated mechanics and avoid a massive headache

MGS1 has not aged as well as the other games

These fags are wrong.

Play the original physical copy on a PS3 and then play through MGS2 and MGS3 from the PS3 HD collection and then play MGS4.

If you still want more then play either Metal Gear 1, Metal Gear 2 or Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance. There was also a damn good Metal Gear game on GBC.

Ignore everything else, Ground Zeroes is just a demo that sets you up for the disappointment that is Phantom Pain.
Peace Walker is mission based bullshit and Portable Ops just sucks.

Original, twin snakes is a mess. Gamecube didn't have enough buttons, re-recorded voice acting sucks, cutscenes are over the top ridiculous.

The game was never designed with MGS2 mechanics in mind and it shows, the tranq gun and first person aiming trivializes it.

The only difference is that the graphics and controls are better on PC retard

Original. The in-game explanation for the cutscenes being so over the top in TTS is that it's actually a VR mission used to train new recruits, hence why everything is so over the top. Basically tries to solidify Snake as a legend and make new recruits like their ideal Snake

>playing MGS1/2 on console when there's a PC version
LOL

I played Twin Snakes and I didn't mind it. MGS2 mechanics are already getting dated, trying to play the game originally is complete ass. Not to mention the fact that MGS games were never known for their gameplay anyways. It's shitty stealth.

Play Twin Snakes and get the story essentials, move onto better games.

Just doesn't feel right...
It's more comfy on console...

Both. Seriously, they are both fun.

You forgot Ac!d. Ac!d is the best game in the series.

A nice, reasonable post.

I would say to play Twin Snakes after finishing the whole series though after getting a feel for the way Kojima directs things and being able to appreciate it more. It's just so hilariously over the top.

Twin Snakes is trash

Original.

>BUT WHY?

Put a blurry cyan filter over everything rather than having proper texture work

Action sequences are worse

youtube.com/watch?v=j9mQKZMOzLs

MGS1 on PS1 is seriously fun.
I played the games in this order.
4 - 2 - 3 - PW - 1 - TS - 5
My rating is this
1=5=3>4>TS>2=PW

playing it on anything but the PS1 is retarded