Early Access

When is Steam going to drop this cancer? What has there been like 100,000 early access games, and maybe 2 that have made it to an acceptable finished product:

Starbound
Terraria

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/account/preferences
pcgamer.com/valve-reveals-its-plan-to-replace-steam-greenlight/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>still using Steam
kys tbqh

lol what do you use? Shitty Origin?

>Starbound

Okay

>When is Steam going to drop this cancer?

When is OP going to realize he can filter and ignore early access games on steam?

gtfo since when?

although to be honest, that is probably like half of Steam's games....

Ignoring a problem doesn't solve it.

Subnautica will be good.

>starbound
>>>>>>>>>

Prison architect was actually really fucking good

I don't think Terraria was early access, I think it came out before Steam added it.

Early Access is only going to get worse and more rampant.

You know that deep down inside.

store.steampowered.com/account/preferences

literally sat up there for a month. I don't know how you missed it.

There's no problem, though, other than you being disgusted by the view of said games, and you can solve the situation quite easily by hiding them.

>fine a sci fi dungeon crawler game similar to grimrock
>"oh my god finally, someone made a sci fi one, thank ch-"
>early access

Goddamnit.

**SEVERE RETARDATION. WARNING SIMPLY READING SUCH STUPIDITY MAY CAUSE RAPID BRAIN CELL LOSS**

DayZ has been "Early acces" for nearly half a fucking decade if I'm correct. Piss off Steam

Terraria wasn't early access was it?

>When is Steam going to drop something that gives them 30% of the cut for every copy sold?

Killing Floor 2. Granted its early access was a shit show but I waited until it got full release and bought it then and the game is good.

hmm maybe it wasn't. i guess they just added so much content to it, it felt that way.

>i am correct
>everyone should heed mine
Why do you care anyway? Just dont buy it.

Duskers too tbqh.

Don't Starve.

>Starbound

Bait thread. Ignore and report.

Uplay is the best platform right now, seriously just drop steam and go buy watchdgos 2 and for honor there

>I don't have free will or self control

Don't buy them if you don't want them

wait what? i thought steam was going to trash greenlight? does this not include early access???

nobody's forcing you to play early access games

or maybe
y'know
just do some research and not buy shit games?

>This
The only ppl that are angry about EA are ppl that get excited about a game and then notice it's EA

No way fag. It's far more satisfying watching the butthurt of redditor indie devs who want to shill garbage onto steam and clog up my queues now that they won't be able to just shit anything they want through greenlight.

they also need to trash games from kickstart, fucking dev scamming people left and right, releasing a game without a publisher should be illegal

>releasing a game without a publisher should be illegal
that would be stupid

Hoy forgot Darkest Dungeon bruv

Those games are so terrible i bought a new PC and got both of them free. Got for honor with the video card, and watch dogs 2 with the SSD. Both are shit or at least, the beta of for honor is

Those games are shit.

pcgamer.com/valve-reveals-its-plan-to-replace-steam-greenlight/

They plan to change it.

Greenlight isn't Early Access

the game is fun if you see it like a fighting game, but ubisoft can't stop sucking dick and everything is broken mostly the matchmaking

>Greenlight is the same thing as Early Access
Anonymous in charge of reading.

Players are just as much to blame for Early Access as developers

It's a great idea in theory, but developers realized pretty quickly they could promise the moon and get an easy pay day, and virtually no players are genuinely willing to beta test a product, they just expect a full, completely playable product right off the bat

Starbound is still trash
Terraria was never early access

i havent seen early access or indie trash in months, filtered that shit out the day of the store update.

Subnautica is perfectly playable in my experience

>and virtually no players are genuinely willing to beta test a product,
Well there's the thing, early access isn't a beta test. Early access is litterally that: early access to the content, with the ability to make suggestions. Beta testing implies you're there to find and report bugs back to the developer, and you're often not given the full content. Not to say EA players don't find and report bugs, but that's not the "point" of EA like it is for any kind of testing.

>Starbound is still utter trash
>Terraria was never Early Access

Out of all the Early Access games on Steam, the only one that ended up "decent" was Darkest Dungeon.

And even then, the game was honestly a lot better in its early days of EA than it is now.