People consider nameless king hardest boss in the game

>people consider nameless king hardest boss in the game
>beat it in literally 2 tries
>no cheese just pure melee
why?

he's harder only because you can't see what's going on

i think soul of cinder is harder

It took me maybe 20 tries and I'm garbage at the games. Fume Knight took me well over a 100 tries to beat.

High damage output.

pretty sure no matter how easy or hard he is conceptually he's the best boss in the game besides soul of cinder.

He does move super fast and hit like a bus, but that first phase is the real problem because you can't see shit.

Still soloed him though, felt great

Hey good job, user.
It's alright, I know what it's like to want to be praised.

>tfw you will never be as cool as OP

i was just genuinely curious as to why people thought he was so hard. all you have to do really is stay underneath the dragon on the first phase and on the second phase just have a good enough shield and average rolling skills and you win. its really easy as fuck git gud nerds.

Come over to my house I've been stuck on this mother for awhile

post your stats op and what won do you use?

Second phase isn't too bad but the first has some dogshit camera stuff going on half the time.

Still love the fight though.

Im playing Dark Souls 1 with a hugefuck sword, currently stuck at the goat demon with the zombie dogs. Gonna keep triying tomorrow

This.
I went into him expecting to get frustrated.
Took a few tries but he was fairly easy.
Twin princes were way fucking harder

I would beat the shit out of you if you talked to me this way irl (in real life).

I'm not a souls snob but thats the easiest boss i can think of in ds1

you're actually bullshitting. not him but capra demon was easily the hardest boss in the game

This is why I love these threads. I had to give Nameless King a few tries but the Twin Princes only killed me once because I fucked up.

All Souls discussion breaks down into how one person found X boss easy but got their shit pushed in by another that somebody else thought was easy. Some kind of study on how people play these games or other games would be great to analyze so you could see where different approaches and playstyles have issues.

>post your stats op
i'm on ng+ now. just felt like talking about dark souls and this was the only topic i could think of

>what won do you use
i have no idea what this means but i'm guessing you're talking about my weapon? i mained the black knight sword, just like i did in ds1

Prioritize the dogs
Leap from the demon's dank railing staircase to punish

Way too true

For me, it was 4Kings
My issue was that I played very defensively--more so with bosses, and with a polearm. I had played the fight at least a couple dozen times, often with like 5 kings flying around as I dodged everything, wallowing in my idiocy.

It was stupid, but I should have just taken a club and smacked the first one within seconds.

Once you figure out the dark souls schtick they are all easy. I died more on the first 3 bosses than I did on the last 3.

Beat cinder, champon, aldrich, oceiros, princes on the first try.

That fucker in your picture, however, took me about 15 tries. So yes, for me he was indeed the hardest.

If it were bloodborne he'd be one of the easiest bosses in the game

If you die to a boss it's probably not an easy boss. Developers try and avoid having bosses that take you days to beat because that is the antithesis to fun.

yeah this is kinda true. the hardest boss imo was curse rotted greatwood. the only exception would be aldrich. fuck that shit.

I loved fighting Aldrich because I did it in one go, but my character ran out of estus and was on low health by the time I'd killed the boss
and in real life I actually felt mentally exhausted since I was trying not to die

mind you, like most bosses, once you've thoroughly beaten them they generally become a cakewalk afterwards.
I think that might be more apparent with bosses in 3 due to dark souls fatigue

This desu. It's the Twin Princes

I bumrushed Aldrich and killed him first try just by getting in his face nonstop and stabbing his shit in.

I don't even really know what he does so when I fight him again I'll probably get fucking raped.

I liked Aldrich except for it's fucking stupid arrow spam attack.

I loved that part, you just have to keep rolling and rolling
it's essentially a stat check for stamina

It's probably the hardest boss in the game, but it's he's a chump compared to Kalameet and Orphan of Kos

Aldrich deserved a cutscene. I mean seriously, all that buildup and he doesn't get a cutscene, dialogue, not even a decent boss weapon? What happened during production did they run out of money at some point?

>conceptually he's the best boss in the game besides soul of cinder

yes and soul of cinder wasa great final boss for the series

hmm
>demon ruins
>catacombs
>profaned capital

I'm going to say yes

the backflips kinda ruined it desu

I was the opposite. Breezed through most of the early bosses without dying once. Nameless King and Souls of Cinder gave a stupid amount of trouble.

I'm surprised too, I thought he was one of the easier bosses.

Dancer, Soul of Cinder, and Champion Gundyr were the hardest for me. Champ especially, I had well over a dozen attempts.

Honestly i almost shed a tear when i heard the reprise of the lord of cinder theme. so perfect.

>when you struggle with the Dancer
>when you come back a couple days later with a Greataxe and pulverize her ass into mush with one attempt

So weird

He hasn't been too much trouble on any of the builds I've tried, ranged combat makes him ridiculously easy so long as you're quick.
Lothric/Lorian is the only boss I've never beat on the first try after 4 playthroughs thanks to the annoying *teleports behind u* spam.

>dancer
literally the easiest boss in the game besides iudex

The Dancer is an unusual boss. It kinda has a rhythm to it and if you just kinda slow down and follow it's movements you can kill it easily.

lmao kys yourself

>posting nigger

Curious but did they buff SoC's first phase? His greatsword stance hits like a fucking truck and the tracking on his delayed overhead smash is fucking ridiculous. Not to mention the fucker can tank ultra weapons like NK now. I do not remember him like this before, in fact I remember him being one of the easier bosses in the game. Wasted 15 embers last night holy shit. Only beat him with the BKGlaive because the weapon art has good hyper armor and staggered him easily.

*materializes from darkness above you and slams you to the ground* Your gonna die you lil b*tch!!!

"Wolfram prince of dark wolves, stop"

whaT...? oh it's you my fairy companion (fairy is in a tiny hot girl who floats, NOT a homosexual male)

"wolfram prince of dark wolves, please let this man go, hes not worth it"

ok fairy... but *grabs you by the collar and lifts you up* Talk this sh*t again and your fuk**en dead!!! *teleports away*

>i don't understand how other people can have different experiences from me
literal autism.

Here, this is a real test of skill.

is this an xbox game?

Yes

And to add, the guy is easily as aggressive as Pontiff now. Last year, first phase was basically a glorified pvp fight. Now the guy never stops attacking and chases you like crazy.

they didn't change shit, you just got ungud

Fuck. I guess age has finally caught to me.

Still it was weird. I fought twin princes and took me like two tries. I swear I end up jobbing on some bosses I never found difficult before and vice versa

Age has nothing to do with it, stop making excuses and git gud again.

No, you literally just have to run away from the hail of arrows and they'll never hit you. Run as in holding down the sprint button.

I'm baffled people complain about Aldia's arrows.

Or you do what i did and swing around vordts hammer for an entire playthrough, win everything by holding RT and poisebreak almost every boss in the game and do stupid damage, ontop of potential frost proc

this. the camera is the hardest boss in this game.

>Starts thread to be a condescending nerd wanting to feel superior
>Calls people nerds
>On Sup Forums
>On Sup Forums

I loved it. Nice little callback to the absent dark wood grain ring.

this game is objectively shit but not as bad as its fanbase

1st try of 1st souls game. git gud

>why?
Because you wore the bloodring

>taking something meant to be an obvious joke seriously

no i wore silver serpent ring havels chloranthy and f&p. i don't like how much defense stats blood ring removes.

>Sup Forumsermins think they are hardcore
>beat them literally with 2 hits
>their parents are calling the police

why?

It was tough for me at first beacuse I couldn't see shit and the stupid design of the arena fucked with my perception all the time.

Then I tried fighting without lock-on and it was more manageable.

Champion Gundyr was the hardest for me.

I think it took me around 40-50 attempts to finally beat the bastard.

tf?