You leapin' today, bro?

you leapin' today, bro?

THE SHAMAN GIRLS, LINTAHLO!

Mayushi wants your banana

As an animeonly fag, should I take the leap and play the visual novel? I've never played one before, so would it appeal to me as a beginner?

No

S;G is 30 hours long if you're fast and 40 if you're not. You have to think and pay attention to grasp the naturally pointlessly complicated story because time travel.

If you don't into reading then you'll drop this fast because the opening is slow.

>If you don't into reading then you'll drop this fast because the opening is slow.

I didn't drop the show despite the criticism's for the opening, is it that much worse here?

Yes because it spends about 12 hours teaching you about the history of time travel science and introducing all the characters

If you enjoyed the show, I would say go for it. But the opening is incredibly slow. It will take a while for you to get to the real meat of it. Also If you do plan on reading it, find a flowchart, because your text messages have a direct effect on the true ending.

All the scientific parts are much more laid out in the VN, which can be boring for some people I'm sure. That said, it's very hard for an anime to do justice to a VN liek this, its a pretty much very difference experience.

I thought the VN was much better than the anime.

is the vn worth playing?

agreed

You can skip it and just play 0 if you are interested, but they do reference the original game A LOT, so I hope you remember everything that happened.

I'd say go do the VN, and then do SG;0 just before you finish true end.

What is the western equivalent of Steins;Gate?

>12 hours
Fucking hell, and people complained about the anime taking a while to kick into gear.
I guess I could always do a rewatch before I played 0. Would be pretty neat to do considering the new anime coming out.
I'll see if I can pick it up for cheap considering the mixed opinions here. Or should I just pirate it?

Well, just get the PC version then and apply the english patch.

triggered

Life is Strange.

Sounds good to me, user. Is there any site in particular that I should go to or is the first google result fine?
Don't want to be using shady sites if I can avoid it.

the VN was great
I'm glad it was as long as it was, infact I wish it was longer
the character development and story was great, the pacing was fine.

nyaa

Google. You can find that patch on nyaa.

I really wish 0 was better.

The best way to experience it is to go through the radio drama after the VN. It really adds a lot of dimension to the cast.

me too man

me too

It felt kinda rushed tbqh. I wish they did more with Amadeus.

0 was good enough in my opinion.
Sure it didn't deliver the expectations of showing the war, but it was still very enjoyable and introduced good characters(excluding Kagari).

I wish 0 was better as well. There's so much more that could be done with Amadeus. I am still sore that there's no path where Kagari truly gets overwritten by Kurisu since it would make for a lot of drama for everyone involved.

>kagari is just a plastic surgery asspull who's not even kurisu's daughter, clone, or really anything interesting
>kaede and fubuki don't do shit
>luka gets a brief bit of characterization and then nothing happens and he gets shot
>maho is cool enough but you're constantly barraged by "i wish i was kurisu god damn"

Where is the Japanese VN quality, Lintahlo?

wtf i hate steins;gate now

Kagari's a bit wasted. The only good part is that Mayuri really has become a great character with development that we didn't get for her in SG.

Maho and Moeka was kind of all right. I wish that Maho route was longer instead of ending at her returning to the states. That's a cheap cop-out for how important Maho really is, and it limits the exploration of Amadeus and AI.

no, it's shit. Just watch the anime.

When do I know to switch to 0?

don't, play through the true ending

0 won't make any real sense unless you do, and cutting off the true end for 0 ruins one of the best plot twists in the game

Finish true end and then play 0