youtube.com/watch?v=SZNbabKjKpA
youtube.com/watch?v=SHs0WVRpVgU
youtube.com/watch?v=rYavrP5XIbo
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=46110746
youtube.com/watch?v=fNyJAtVMgag
youtube.com/watch?v=8H-Yyz0CZmY
youtube.com/watch?v=9YuQqrQQDYs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If you die in mario, you die in real life.

is that a secret door you can go into or does it just Homer Simpson away?

youtube.com/watch?v=JuuzmOXL1bc

Here's two.
In spelunky when attack with you whip you can also hit shit from behind.
You can trigger an arrow trap safely in the classic version if you are above it and try to climb down.

i think he homered

In Twisted Metal Black there's a picture of a baby hidden in the Sewers Multiplayer level.
There's a wall you have to jump at in order to see it, but it's hard to get in.

>Twisted metal black secrets in general.

I don't think it's possible to 100% Without a guide.

It's true. Everyone who has played Mario has either died already or will die.

In Ocarina of Time, the Goron suit not only protects you from fire, but also from spike floors and poison floors.

Bull.

In world 2 of SMB3, the blocks that have goombas hidden in them don't glimmer every few seconds unlike all the other blocks in the level, making them easily identifiable

If you play SimCity 2000 pre-made map with those thousands of Geocities and make sure they're powered, I think it was almost 100 years and they all launch off into space and basically load you with enough money to run a game almost indefinitely.

For another one, if you jump on the polar bear cub in the level hub in Crash 2 several times, you get several lives for wasting your time.

So, Zone of the Enders 2 has a segment where you have to take out five battleships. The game tells you that you're supposed to use the Vector Cannon to destroy their cores or something like that.
You don't have to.
Each ship has armor plating that falls apart in one hit. If you destroy all the guns, all the armor plating, and I think you might have to shoot the thrusters, that'll destroy the ship without ever having to use the Vector Cannon.

If you play Kirby 3, you're less happy than people playing Superstar

It's fucking true. The last time I plat OoT, I decided to do the Spirit Temple, before the Shadow Temple as I had never done so before. I equipped the Goron tunic since it matched the Mirror Shield and left it on for the Shadow Temple. That was when I noticed that I didn't take immediate damage from floor spikes and poison pits while wearing it.

thought this was commonly known

Jagged Alliance 2

>to kill the final boss, you can fight your way through her heavily fortified city and thought her multilevel gauntlet of bullshit
OR
>sneak into a prison and rig the outside of the interrogation room with explosives (don't get seen or else it won't work)
>let one of your mercs get captured
>a few hours later, you'll get a cutscene with the main villain interrogating the captured person
>when they're done, she'll walk out the room and trigger the explosives
>game counts it as killing her, and plays out the ending as normal

It's unbelievable
>Unlocking Axel requires you to perfectly position yourself on a little dirt mound and fire a Power missle at a little yellow control box sitting outside the map
>Unlocking Manslaughter requires you visit the corner of a specific map, carefully fire at a nondescript cargo container to make a makeshift ramp and shoot at a nearby wall to open the room

In Dawn of Sorrow, if you return to the first screen of the castle at some point you will see a strange creature walking in the background, If you get the waiter skeleton soul (whose ability is to throw curry) and use it in this screen while the creature is visible it will jump on the food and reveal itself, you can even get its soul

You can also find a 8 bit crowd, a bell and Konami Man if you search specific areas

youtube.com/watch?v=zKke7S7C_v8

It doesn't protect you from them, it just slows down the rate of damage.

I can;t even remember any non-lava related death floors besides those two acid pits in the well/graveyard.

Too lazy to check if it works there.

This is true

In Arx Fatalis, if you cast the opposites of the two runes in the Heal spell, you cast a damage aura spell instead.

I know, my point is it does the same thing for poison and spikes as it does for lava.

forgot to mention, you can buy newspapers in the game which give you clues about secrets, the game gives you a clue about the existence of said creature but the method to find and defeat it are never explained

That's not a secret, there are scrolls in the game that directly tell you to find this.

>If you played Kirby's Dreamland 3 on release you either were a poorfag with no 64 yet or a die hard Kirby fan.

This game came out in fucking 97, but that's nothing compared to Fire Emblem Traccia 777 or whatever, that shit came out late 99-early 2000 in Japan, less than two years before the gamecube.

There is one room in the Shadow Temple with spike floors and also the Bongo Bongo boss fight has poison when you fall off the drum.

you can get some shades in mario sunshine for mario, wich puts a darkening filter over the picture

In Jak 2, the precursor text that scrolls down most screens in the game is decipherable, and refers to the development teams dog Morgan that died during the game's creation, with messages such as "Good dog" and "Morgan I miss you"

Wow, it's not like it was in the manual or anything...

There are a few soul combos that are easy to miss, like mini devil + guillotiner and aluraune + une

FF8's opening song main chorus lyrics aren't actually latin, it's just an anagram of the phrase succession of witches.

In Dragons Dogma, if your arisen is the shortest possible height coupled with picking torso, arms and legs modifications to make them even smaller, you can squeeze into the goblin tunnels at the Shadow Fort

is this REAL?

same with some models of PS3

The Pawns make sure to remind you every time you visit the Fort.

Great secret. If you use the FLUDD you can actually clean stuff. Might be a bit tricky to figure out.

It is actually but it's just a splash screen of Kirby with bits and pieces of the bosses attached to him.

I know everybody already knows this, but I still love the way the Zora Tunic is so weak to fire that falling into lava instantly kills you at full health.

I wish more lava in Zelda was actually dangerous instead of red puddle scratch damage. When you saw that shit in Zelda 2 you watched your fucking step

Did anyone else figure out how to clone in Pokemon Emerald by themselves?

In Pokemon Blue/Red You can use a poke doll on the ghost which makes the ghost flee, so that you can skip the silph scope

Kind of?
youtube.com/watch?v=YdIW4JrAkbs&t=18m23s

In Tekken tag tournament (ps2) after you get around 20 wins in survival mode, the computer will start to tech roll every fall. If you have any character with a fast unblockable, you can launch the CPU, input your unblockable and the CPU will get tracked on the tech roll and eat it every time.

190 plus wins out of sheer boredom.

Did you know the original game's intro song spoiled the entire game?
youtube.com/watch?v=SZNbabKjKpA

If while playing Sonic 2 you take out the cartridge and put in Revenge of Shinobi, Sonic 2 will stop working.

Wait what the fuck, this is actually a thing? I saw some fanart of that monstrosity and thought it was some parody shit

Learn something new every day I guess

i'm calling bullshit

>I saw some fanart of that monstrosity

source?

When playing FF7 on the Playstation, if you cast regen and open the disc tray, the game will freeze, but you will continue to gain health until you close it. Poison works the same way.

It's a secret treasure room
someone needs to replay dreamland 3

To the guy who posted the Trials HD video in the other thread, it was pretty nice

Wonder how many of you knew this one

in gta san andreas there's a bunny hop glitch that has never been patched out and is rarely mentioned

youtube.com/watch?v=SHs0WVRpVgU

>In spelunky when attack with you whip you can also hit shit from behind.

It took this from Castlevania. same thing.

youtube.com/watch?v=rYavrP5XIbo

You can find a wrecked car in gothic 2

The nameplate is removable on the first model GameCube, but Nintendo never really made any discs and it was one of the features removed on the 101 model.

The only one I can think of is the Metroid Prime one, except for limited edition consoles but I don't know if those are removable or not.

In mgs 1, on the first area of the game, if you run towards the water as if you were to drop into it an animation of Snake diving will play. No idea if this is common knowledge or not.

In Phantom Pain you can throw a smoke grenade inside your vehicle and drive it. Enemies will respond to it as if it were a normal cloud of smoke from the item, i.e you won't get alerts and they will be incapacitated if coming near enough

>well
Nigga yoi can't wear the red tunic as a child

>Practical uses: none

I knew about the diving animation. You can also beat Psycho Mantis without using any of the tricks/tips Kojima placed to beat him. I punched that fucker for over an hour when I was 8, never fucking again.

In Mario & Luigi: Partners in time you can actually attack Shrowser in the last fight, It happened the very first time I fought it. Tried for hours on end to make it happen again to no avail, it's more probable for the game to crash than for this to happen

There's absolutely no place on the internet where you can find info on this, but I can attest for myself that this can happen if anyone cares, never managed to see it happen again

Also Boney on Mother 3 has a very low chance of eating a food item you order him to give to another character

had to dig around my Kirby folder but I found it
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=46110746

I just tried this right now on the Cube I had for 15 years. My mind is officially blown to pieces.

I chuckled at that too, I'm glad I wasn't the only one.

>you can actually attack Shrowser in the last fight
You keep posting this bullshit.

I don't think I have posted that more than two other times over nine years
If someone actually posted about it I'd like to see an archive link

I knew you could hit him, but I didn't actually try to kill him that way. Killing Graham by dealing 1 damage with Julius in aria of sorrow was the last time I attempted to kill an enemy by dealing ridiculously low damage.

This is probably well known, but you can kill the man on fire with the water gun, even if Miller tells you it's not enough. Takes A LOT of shots though

This is how I beat the Weapons.

Putting the Konami Code in while playing Castlevania: lords of Shadow makes a little 8-Bit Simon appear and mirror your movements.

youtube.com/watch?v=fNyJAtVMgag

It's easier if you use the first person view to find out where he is because for that fight alone, when you use first person view, you see from Mantis's POV not Snake's.

How do you remove the nameplate

In Twilight princess there is an incredibly usefull glitch wich gives you infinite bomb arrows

Appearently even works on the WiiU version:
youtube.com/watch?v=8H-Yyz0CZmY

>gamecube broke, sent it in for repair
>nintendo sent us back a 101 model

there are clips on the side when you open the lid

that's kinda cute

I did it that way too. Pain in the ass but not nearly as terrible as killing Mantis with your fists, now hitting Mantis during the first actual fight is when I wanted to break the disc. Also you can keep yourself from getting peed on as Raiden during the time you go to the second Big Shell Core by skipping the cutscene of the guy saying he has to pee. Also you can just tranq Emma to get her past most of the obstacles like the bugs and enemies faster than holding her hand. Also if you use the mic while she's behind the pillars along the path, she talks about Raiden's hair and thinks it's a wig, and during the furthest one, she runs into Johnny.

It doesn't help you when he's allowed to dodge all your punches for a period of time.

Holy fuck i just did

are there any for bf1?

In Wario Land 4, did you know if you throw the caterpillars at the giant sunflower in Wildflower Fields, it's spits out gold coins?

I just used the FAMAS. No punching needed.

If you call Colonel enough times, he'll tell you to switch controller ports. If you die after that, he'll tell you to shoot the stone busts around the room.
You don't need the CD case to look at Meryl's CODEC. Call Colonel a ton of times and he'll tell you.

Found this out as a kid.
I had to tap my PS2's tray to get it to boot the game and then I found out that thing could rotate.

That sounds cool

There is no way to die in demon souls before meeting vanguard. Even if you reach 0 HP your chara still doesn't die. I can't find a video, but I experienced it myself when I went to the toilet to find a hollow attacking me while I already had 0 HP.

No shit, those were implemented intentionally to make certain the game isn't unwinnable.

It's amazing in La Mulana since it covers so much space above your head

good thing I never played a mario game or one with him in it.

You guys know the gravestone the doll kneels in front of in bloodborne? The English text refers to the person buried there as a male hunter, but the original text doesn't mention gender. It's also there that you get the old hunter's bone and the only one close to the workshop. It's Maria's grave

This are all backup strats, so you can still play through the game even if you have lost your CD case or even if you have a broken controller port 2.

if you are playing superstar, you are less happy than people playing adventure

There was also a special faceplate for the second GC Pokemon game which shall remain nameless.

If you die in real life while playing mario, you die in the game too

Speaking of La-Mulana you can get the last Sacred Orb in the Dimensional Corridoreven after the game makes it seem like you "locked" yourself out of it.

Mario Kart 64 has a special results scene if you get 4th place.
youtube.com/watch?v=9YuQqrQQDYs

man we could have had some real pokemon games on consoles, but they had to make them gimmicky pile of shits.