KOTOR Thread

What was the best level/part in the series?

What was the worst and why is it nar shadda

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=r-UqOc8w4uE
youtube.com/watch?v=k3UoE52uHl8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I guess Sup Forums doesnt like this series.

Because you were literally fighting an assload of fuckwit cartel members while being stressed about the league of assassins and Kreia's constant 'what do you think about the universe well lol you're wrong' dialogue throughout. It's not the shittiest planet in the galaxy for no reason.

That whole game was great, nar shadda was mediocre though. We'll never get a third act though, since disney fucked us all over

Why is it you cant wear revans armor in the first game even though you literally are him/her?

Theres no hope anyway. The Old Republic was shit. Bioware is shit now and Obsidian is going under and no longer has avellone. The biggest shame is that these games easily rivaled the original movie trilogy. Damn great star wars games.

cheers to good times man, our kids will never know how great star wars really was. we really need to organize some modders and lore fags to make a half decent series of EU games. it'd be a fuckin blast and it would get people talking bout the good old days

I liked the game before the jedi tranning where they send you to get the 3 part mcguffin

The part where it ended and I could finally stop listening to the hamfisted dialogue from the paper-thin secondary characters.

Remove rebels

And myself for somehow gutting my own post.

youtube.com/watch?v=r-UqOc8w4uE

My favorite part is the battle for Onderon. I really liked going back to the planet and getting to split up my party into two teams once they were really high level.

My least favorite part is the underwater portion of Manaan because you're in that dumb scuba suit so you can't use weapons and you move really slow.

KOTOR 1 It's a lot of fun to play but KOTOR 2 has a better story

KOTOR 3 for when?

fuck yes, you ever read the last comic series they had with the imperial knights and the imperial remnant? so fuckin tight

Worst = Korriban on kotor 2
Best = Korriban on Kotor 1

>KOTOR 3 for when?
5 years ago

>SWTOR is 5 years old

>not liking korriban in 2

Youre fucking kidding me. It had the best atmosphere. Korriban was great in both games.

Korrbian in KOTOR 2 is cool though, especially if you chose dark side Revan for the first game. I bet you're just mad because apathy is death.

Nar Shadaa was my favorite, actually. Mostly because it provided the party members the most time to shine.

That shit is not KOTOR 3

KOTOR 2 had better characters for sure but the plot isnt quite as focused. The first one felt more like a proper star wars adventure.

>3 when?

Never ever.

>Rivaled

they surpassed them

the original movie trilogy wishes it was as entertaining as kotor 1 and 2.

TOR was announced in fucking 2008, and was even leaked some years before while people were begging for a sequel to TSL. Disney didnt buy star wars until late 2012. Dont blame disney for EA and Biowares greed.
EA and BW justified not making kotor 3 by saying that TOR is the equivalent of multiple Kotor games, they would've never made it, Disney or no Disney, because they preferred the MMO money.

it's the closest thing we'll ever get

Wait whats TOR about anyway? Is it actually continuing KOTOR 2 or what?

Shit I guess so. But vader is still the coolest sith lord to me.

I will always despise this series.

it's a continuation set 300 years after 2

korriban and the jungle world (where the warrior race were from) were my favorites.

I also liked when you assualted a planet with the warrior race supporting you.

I barely remember these games. kotor 2 is superior though.

Legacy would be great if it wasn't for Cade

you're right, but disney did kill the expanded universe outright so they fucked us all in the end.

Legacy would improve 30% without his whiny ass.

I thought the lore was cool even though the story was mediocre

Theyre called mandalorians.

Kotor 2 had better characters and story but 1 had better levels and was more plot focused.

the EU was mostly shit, no big loss there

not that Disney Wars is any better

It felt incomplete

you were afraid

>What was the best level/part in the series?
The Telos Academy, the first visit to Dantooine in II, return to Dxun/Onderon or the endgame return to Dantooine and Telos. All amazing.
>What was the worst and why is it nar shadda
Nar Shaddaa was fantastic, though. Sure, it's long and a bit of a slog, and it's weirdly paced, but it also introduces one of the best characters (Mira) and there's heaps of good interactions with your party.
Kashyyyk (literally one path, no good sidequests and backtracking) and Manaan from the first game are far, far worse. Manaan's only saving grace is the miracle of the Selkath legal system, and how hilarious it is to completely fuck Sunry up in his trial.

APATHY IS DEATH

Good taste, user. Having your teammates step out of your shadow in the raid on Dxun while simultaneously slaughtering an army as the Exile on Onderon is fun as fuck.

There aren't enough games that let you be a master manipulating dickbag like kotor 2

Overall Legacy lore? Cause that depicted is Year 2 which is what Year 1 was cancelled for, which still doesn't make sense to me since the plot wasn't fully rapped up.

I replayed both games lately, and Korriban is frankly pretty short in both games. But as for the second game, I'm not sure what else we really should have expected from a graveyard-world, and the secret tomb is one of the more interesting parts of the game.

what I liked about the EU is it left so much room for growth, now disney has control on the franchise in all aspects like some tyrant. I'll never get to dork out on some half-baked but still awesome fan-fic level star wars adventure again :(

So Im playing the second game for the first time and I have to ask. Whats with this bitch? Whats her problem and why does she keep my characters old lightsaber?

>I kept your lightsaber so I could think of your thick coc- I mean remember your arrogance

Volume 1 ended pretty decisively, just left some plot threads dangling for potential continuation

yea like with the multiple factions and moral gray area, made the series feel alive. now its so sterile it makes me sad

>liking nar shadda
>hating manaan

>>I kept your lightsaber so I could think of your thick coc-
basically that, she was in love with the Exile and butthurt when they didn't ask her to come kick Mando ass

She has a ladyboner for the protagonist, especially if they are male. Figuratively or literally? That's for you to decide. I like to imagine that she loved Jedi Jesus for being the only one to be brave enough to not only defy the council, but to confront them and rub how wrong they were in their faces.

She was in love with the exile

you just answered that last question.

I want to fugg Bastila

>I will be your doom!

I remember seeing versions of this with blood on the saber, years ago.

In addition to the other things (envying the Exile for going to war, and loving him), she considers herself the last hope of the Jedi, even while the galaxy falls apart around her and she indulges in the dark side.

>Whats with this bitch? Whats her problem?
Tsundere.
>and why does she keep my characters old lightsaber?
'There is much weight, much craving attached to such a tiny thing of light. For the male, it seems to hold inordinate importance. But we will leave such male preoccupations for philosophers and cultural historians...'

I liked how hypocritical bastilla was. She keeps going on and on about how the dark side is evil yet she probably felt its temptation the most. Literally took her a few days to turn. Wish I didnt kill her though she was cute.

Didn't we all?

>he killed Bastila
Did you not ever think that maybe her susceptibility to the lure of the dark side might be something to do with the incredibly strong psychic link she shares with the former Dark Lord of the Sith? Possibly?

First game was good. Decent to good characters, ok gameplay, good aesthetic, good plot.
Loved it so much back then.
The sequel is an overrated piece of shit, and no restored content can fix this.

[carth wants to talk]

>Kotor 2 had better characters and story but 1 had better levels and was more plot focused.
If anything, I actually prefer the plot of II. It didn't feel as much like a Star Wars adventure, sure, but it wasn't meant to. It was a more personal story.

>The sequel is an overrated piece of shit, and no restored content can fix this.
Let me guess, you didn't understand the game and so you didn't like Kreia constantly berating you? What a surprise.
Honestly, KotOR II is a masterpiece and everything important about the narrative, themes and characters is in the release version, so the restored content is entirely unnecessary. It's just that either everyone played it when they were 12, so they were too young to understand it, they're too dumb to understand it now, or they're too nostalgic for 'old Bioware'.

God she looks so weird in game. At least shes voiced by jennifer hale.

You know I was looking for the Down you go scene and I can't seem to find it anymore, I'm just getting random playthrough crap.

Also, Dustil was supposed to be dead in Kotor2 I think. Went back to Korriban and got tormented by ghosts or something.

Tbh Onderon part 1 is probably the worst in 2 but Korriban in 1 is undeniably the best planet.
MOTHER FUCKING WATER PLANETS ON THE OTHER HAND

No, Lucasfilm killed it and they were going to do that as soon as sequel trilogy started to happen, Disney or no.

And it was the correct choice, you can't just have a trilogy of sequels have to fit in with decades of material much of which was fanfiction level. I clean slate was needed for the franchise to ever move forward for real.

So am I the only one who actuallyliked carth?

there was never going to be a sequel trilogy before the buyout

>Dantooine
>Onderon
>Nar Shaddaa
>Onderon Revisted
>Korriban
THIS IS THE OBJECTIVE BEST ORDER TO VISIT THE PLANETS AND ANY OTHER ORDER IS FALSE

He was better in the comics and in 2.

The constant different artists still bother me to this day.

>everything important about the narrative, themes, and characters

uh, except for the non-ending where half the characters just vanish because they didn't have time to finish the damn game

K2 is a much MUCH better game than K1 (seriously the gameplay is a massive improvement in just about every department) and also way better written, but it just isn't complete. HK, Bao-dur, Mira, Atton subplots literally don't have endings in the vanilla game. the restored content mod is a bit crappy and doesn't really give the sense of a polished game, but it's a massive improvement.

The only truly bad thing about K2 is that female characters get stuck with fucking disciple. What a bunch of faggot shit, just let me lez out with Grey DeLisle's sexy albino lady Avellone you fuck. luckily theres mods for that

I liked Carth...because he was arguably the best companion from a combat stance along with Jolee. As a character...eh...nigga was too emotional about Muh taris and shit but I liked him up until he betrayed me for accepting being the Dark Lord of the Sith. Fucking cuck ain't getting this dark jedi pussy.

Korriban shouldn't be last, it fucks with Sion as a threat

What no. You're pushed to do Nar Shaddaa first, Atton keeps suggesting you should go there to lay low. Also fighting Vrook or the asshole one eyed merc leader at low levels is a BITCH

the franchise is dead man, its just another marvel level box-office orifice now

Lucas' apathy for working on any more films was the only thing preventing it from happening. Selling the franchise was absolutley inevitable, even if Disney weren't the highest bidder Star Wars 7, 8 and 9 were going to be made by someone.

I dont blame him. Sith pussy is sweet but poisonous. Carth is pure. He wants a wholesome jedi qt to love him.

I thought Manaan was pretty great, aside from the slow diving suit stuff. Outjewing everyone in the court scene was great

OBEY THE LAWS HERE ON MANAAN, HUMAN.

>hating disciple
Like, if we're talking from a gameplay perspective I'll agree but as a character he is far superior to handmaiden/brianna. Nigga is actually introspective towards the plot, makes his own advances in the story, and interacts with other characters (kreia predominantly). If he turned into a guardian instead of a consular I'd say he's arguable even better in game than her.
But that's what I'm saying senpai, that boss fight is fucking HARD. I love that shit desu. Shame I minmax even in my experimental builds so the whole game is a cake walk tho. Besides, I like to imagine that you go to nar shaddaa after onderon because you're hiding due to just escalating the civil war to a new level and are likely being hunted by vaklu/talia's entourage for crimes againist the planet.
Well, I can agree with you there m8 but personally I feel it makes the almost immediate fight against Sion on Malachor more potent due to him just curbstomping your ass about 5 minutes ago . I can agree however so if you want to swap Korriban with Dantooine I can agree but that being said, Good luck getting max light/dark on your first planet. It's doable but it's a bitch to hit.

>getting yearly movies
>dead
It was a whole lot deader before, m8. Now it's alive and well, whether you like it or not. Sure, 90% of the new EU content is shit, so nothing has fuckling changed on that front, but there's new life in the franchise and things can only improve instead of spiralling downwards like before.

My only regret is that Clone Wars was never finished.

Korriban in KotOR II is great, top-tier atmosphere.
>Wander around a graveyard world of empty tombs while Kreia narrates their history to you and you discuss philosophy

>spoiler
This is a decent interpretation. If you play a female character, Kreia mentions that part of how Atris loved you was 'as a champion'; the game implies that she was already in love with you before you left to fight the Wars, and was simultaneously impressed by your bravery in denying the council and jealous that you weren't willing to defy them for /her/, which just made her even more tsundere. You coming back and defying the Council openly just pushed her into further extremes.
Atris a cute.

There's literally no reason to leave picking up Mira that late, or to leave Korriban last.
Nar Shaddaa > Dantooine > Onderon > Korriban > Onderon Revisited

Carth was too good for this galaxy
Real talk, the slow diving suit was the only part I REALLY enjoyed along with the court. I have a huge fear of deep underwater and it hit that scary node in my brain just right. Watching people drown to death around you just spooked the fuck out of me and I loved every second. Also a huge Ace Attourney fan so any lawyer based gameplay is a plus imo. But aside from those two parts fuck that entire planet.

youtube.com/watch?v=k3UoE52uHl8

My brightness was always so low on this part for some reason it freaked me out a lot.

I want to fuck mira. But fuck I cant get her to open up. What shit do I have to do to get her to like me?

I guess, its just not the same though. kinda makes me sad

I would a Atris
>getting Mira
>not playing Dark Side with fringe exceptions
>Wookie Fury patched plus bonuses from breaking the wookie wink wink
That atmosphere around leaving korriban last is something I dig though. Because it's abandoned and deserted and whatnot it feels like a parallel to the game as a whole at that point. You've done everything and now the end is near, so it makes sense to look towards the past (ala the tombs and philosophy, which I love) and meet your present abrubtly as well as see the final goal (i.e. jedi) you've been working towards denied of you because you waited just too long to get there. Makes the entireity of the game feel more consistant imo. One of the reasons I support people picking narshaddaa first because it makes the whole game seem way more urgent due to g0-t0's "one month" thing.
*chills intensify
Why do I torture myself so?
Be a dick, she loves that shit;.

>Atris a cute

Atris a BITCH. She spends the entire game on her high horse because of her repressed feelings and only gets SLIGHTLY better after you beat some sense into her "Not my Jedi" skull, by which point it's far too late. Also, she tortures Brianna out of sheer petty jealously.

Nar Shadaa is objectively the ideal planet to start, simply because by the end of it you will have:
-Sucked Atton's dick enough to Jedi him up
-Used the copious amounts of potential influence to turn Bao-Dur
-Gotten to a level where you can finish your fights with Handmaiden to Jedi her
-Visas will guaranteed Joined by this point
-Obtained Mira, and turned her into a Jedi with a SINGLE STRING OF DIALOGUE
-Completed HK-47

All by the end of the first planet.

You can't fuck Mira. She says you're too old, basically, though she really means that you're too damn scary. In point of fact you don't end up fucking anyone in this game. Handmaiden's whole naked fighting thing stops before you take it into the bedroom and Visas has some bullshit "Lets look upon each other... from across the room" nonsense at the end of her questline. Mira just stays the fuck out of everything.

Handmaiden is a way better character, the fuck kind of crack are you smoking son. She interacts with Kreia and Visas quite a bit, and the whole theme of her character is communication through violence which is one of the major themes of the game as a whole. her plotline also reveals Kreia's identity but they're pretty coy about it

>Let me guess, you didn't understand the game and so you didn't like Kreia constantly berating you? What a surprise.
>Honestly, KotOR II is a masterpiece and everything important about the narrative, themes and characters is in the release version, so the restored content is entirely unnecessary. It's just that either everyone played it when they were 12, so they were too young to understand it, they're too dumb to understand it now, or they're too nostalgic for 'old Bioware'.

Are you seriously this retarded?
Is your only argument HURR YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND IT without even telling me what's so good a bout it?
Whats good a bout the plot? I found it interesting at first but then basically nothing happened. You simply go around looking for a solution to fix the void and the plot twist is literally YOU ARE TEH VOID. Villains are uninteresting, you see them once, maybe twice before you kill them. Nihilus was seriously a letdown. Kreia would have decent if maybe had some real motivation behind her action, and every secondary character is horribly underdeveloped.
Maybe Atton is the only one who has some character into him.
Not even hk-47 can manage to save the game.
Combat is the same as kotor 1, literally. Nothing changes, nothing is really improved. And I would have been ok with it(even if its too lazy even for modern rehashing standards), if only the game didn't throw dozens of basic minions in every room just to add more lenght. most of the game is just one hit killing enemies spamming only one skill. Ok,, the first one had the same problem, but at least you had to stop to cure or spam buffs. Kotor 2 is incredibly easy and simply throws you hordes of enemies, expecially at the end(Malachor halls is one of the worse example of map design I can ever think of)
Its not terrible and the first half is enjoyable, but its shallow, it feels unfinished, unpolished, it adds nothing to its predecessor.

If all atris wants is my characters dick why doesnt she just ask?

Is it just me or does the Restoration Mod make a lot of this stuff easier to do? (I was young when I first played KOTOR 2 without any mods so I could've just been a retarded kid) I feel like I level up really quickly and get some nice gear by the time I'm done with Nar Shadaa

You can if you're Dark Side when you reach the Star Forge and you find that manufacturing thing.

Presumably a Light Side Revan doesn't want them back because they represent a past they discarded. They instead get a set of Jedi robes.

Not so much easier, but it fixes level lists. Some gear was just plain unobtainable, even at the endgame due to how the random loot generates. Nar Shadaa is easier in terms of level up due to all the new hostile encounters it adds on the planet.

>Is your only argument HURR YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND IT without even telling me what's so good a bout it?
>Whats good a bout the plot? I found it interesting at first but then basically nothing happened. You simply go around looking for a solution to fix the void and the plot twist is literally YOU ARE TEH VOID
>Kreia would have been decent if maybe she had some real motivation behind her actions
Ah, so you didn't understand it. Sorry, user, but maybe you should go back and play it again. You might understand it better this time, since you're older and - presumably - better-read now.
Hint: the game is more about the Exile's growth as a person and an ideological conflict Kreia has with the Jedi/Sith than solving some metaphysical crisis. The game will literally tell you this at the end, when Kreia tells you that there's no great plot twist or secret

There is no dick, there is the Force

Atris's entire characterization is "Wants to fuck Exile but thinks SEX IS FORBIDDEN BY THE JEDI CODE" so that's why.

I never bothered turning Bao Dur into a Jedi after my first run honestly, his arm kind of fucks his jedi stats and his armor choices and Brianna blows him out of the water as a Jedi Guardian.

>You simply go around looking for a solution to fix the void and the plot twist is literally YOU ARE TEH VOID

Thats not what happens at all retard. I mean you are a wound in the force but thats not the problem at large or what the plot is mainly about.

>Kreia would have decent if maybe had some real motivation behind her action

So you didnt understand that kreias motivation centered around obsession? Okay then.

>Every secondary character is horribly underdeveloped

Who are atton, mira, handmaiden, visas, disciple and mandalore.

I remember in the early years of youtube, whenever you looked up Kotor everyone would either be wearing Revan's old robes or neo crusader armor.

>If all atris wants is my characters dick why doesnt she just ask?
Tsundere