Ultimecia has time powers and saw the moment of her death by the hands of the SEED and decided to kill them all...

Ultimecia has time powers and saw the moment of her death by the hands of the SEED and decided to kill them all. Not being being able to truly solve the problem, she decided to use the Elone Junction machine to go back to the past, posses the real Elone and go even before that to posses all the powers of all the sorcerers and cause Time Compression, destroying time and acquiring eternal life.

is this right?

If she was the only Sorcerer with Time powers, since every other Sorcerer had a differetn kind of power, why she needed Elone anyway?

FF 8 is to deep for me.

bump

She also has boner powers.

she didn't possess Ellone user

she could only possess witches, in this case it was Edea and Rinoa, she was planning to possess Adel but failed because you killed her

>FF 8 is to deep for me.

But didn't she wanna to posses Elone?

Ellone is not a sorceress despite having magical powers.

I know. But her objective was to return to the past, using the Elone Junction machine and posses the real Elone to have even more control over time and cause the compression

she didn't want to possess Ellone, basically she already has a capacity of Ellone's powers via the Junction Machine (she already has that in her timeline) but wants to further her power by capturing Ellone

Don't they state that Dr. Odine invents the junction machine. Just don't invent it nigga. Like that's all you do.

If she knew she was going to get killed for being a huge bitch, why didn't she just not be a bitch?

time is circular and what happens happens

But it is not by possessing that she can use Ellone powers? The whole war of the Sorcerers is about finding Ellone. She even attack the city of Squall's mom and kiils her, while Laguna is fighting in the war.
For what i understand, by possessing Ellone, the sorcerer of the present can have time powers too, and trabel through time creating a link that she would break causing it's destruction

>WOOOOW WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU MEAN I'M BEING PERSECUTED FOR BEING A SORCERESS HAHAHAHA THIS IS BULLSHIT WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO, DIE?
>goes back in time and starts so much shit that they know about her and persecute her specifically instead of being "HEY I'M NOT FUCKING EVIL PLEASE STOP"
Ultimecia confirmed for being DSP. Dumbest FF villain.

she can't possess Ellone

basically she'd probably "junction" Ellone to herself

Ultimecia attacks the past, and fails. History/Governments/People remember that a sorceress from the future attacked the past. History/Governments/People start persecuting every new sorceress that awakens. A sorceress far into the future is unjustly persecuted for a crime (being Ultimecia) she might maybe commit (but hasn’t yet) Said sorceress is pushed past the point of human endurance and snaps. Future Sorceress becomes what she was punished her whole life for. (Think “You want me to be Ultimecia so bad, fine I’ll be your Ultimecia”).
Ultimecia attacks the past, and fails. Continue ad nauseum.
For further proof, look at the first part of Ultimecia’s Speech while she possesses Edea on Disk 1. “How you celebrate my ascension with such joy. Hailing the very one whom you have condemned for generations. Have you no shame? What happened to the evil, ruthless sorceress from your fantasies? The cold-blooded tyrant that slaughtered countless men and destroyed many nations? Where is she now? She stands before your very eyes to become your new ruler. HAHAHAHAHA.”

In trying to change her fate, she only ended up helping it come to pass.

>FF 8 is to deep for me.
That's not how you spell retarded.

Letting nomura near a script was a mistake.

She is also Rinoa, they are in a time loop.

She has the Squall Lionhart, that is something that she named herself.

Her memory got erased because the GF, but that remained.

The Squall's Lionhart is his pingent or something.

already confirmed not the case user

but SE loves poking fun at that theory like in Dissidia

it's actually pretty average

that's the whole point of the thing anyway, it's a stable time loop

which actually bothers me - how come every stable time loop stories have people being retarded in interpreting it?

>We all grew up in the same orphanage bug GF made us forget

I was willing to forgive the rest of the dumb plot, until that.

Stable time loops are fucking stupid and this one is especially stupid because it has the main villain acting like a retard.

Well, when Sorcerers are close to dying they can pass the powers to any woman that is near them. Thats how Ultimecia pass the powers to Edea, and them Rinoa. But each end with a different set of abilities: Edea control Ice, Rinoa has control over life and death, Abel has non elemental powers. What she truly wants to create, i think, is a link with all the Sorcerers that ever existed, unify their powers and destroy time itself. Maybe acquiring the same kind of power that the Dyne had

people are so obsessed with this thing

I guess no amount of foreshadowing will make people go over it, that or they feel dumb not realizing about it sooner

Eh, it's not really retarded. Ultimecia who goes to the past doesn't know the whole thing, for one thing.

they can only pass powers to a sorcerer, otherwise they just fade away, it's why they become "nearly extinct"

She reads Squalls memories and discover his desire to have the most powerful GF, which she creates using the image of Squall's pingent and giving the name that Rinoa gave it.

So, how come Ultimecia has the Leonhart?

I think they retconned that.

no they didn't

they literally outright stated that he read Squall's mind

Ohhh, I see, I didn't remember she read Squall's memory. Thanks Obama.

If she destroyed time wouldn't that destroy herself too?

A few vague, easily missable comments made by a computer do not count.

>Ultimecia who goes to the past doesn't know the whole thing
It doesn't take a fucking genius to figure out that doing the exact thing that people are persecuting you for in the past is retarded as fuck. If you're black and some racist judge puts you in jail for stealing even though you're 100% innocent, do you go out and start robbing stores in revenge? No, that's fucking stupid, and that's the intellectual equivalent of what UItimecia did.

it's not just the computer, various references by the NPCs in the school, the town, and hell iirc even Quistis comments upon it

Also she didn't want to destroy time, just wants to create a "still" time so time doesn't flow

>they can only pass powers to a sorcerer, otherwise they just fade away, it's why they become "nearly extinct"

The only people that can use real magic in 8's world are people that receive Dyne's gift. These people, usually woman, are Sorcerers.

Ellone was a sorcerers too. And theres a lot of them in the game. Theres one that helped create the Junction System and the use of para-magic. One that created a war, and other that helped healing a nation i think. Also, theres those that you battle when entering the Time Compression thingy

wasn't it because she was a sorcerer though? yeah we knew she was persecuted and we knew she did the time compression, but we don't know what the grounds were for her being persecuted in her time, also adds up with her view when according to the lore many sorcerers were persecuted out of the blue

yeah she could've just went back in time to be a peace keeper but that's more of a villain being a villain

Ultimecia made Griever from reading Squall's mind. She has the power to manifest thoughts it seems.

nah she wasn't, there were people who could do weird shit without being sorcerers in FFVIII's world, but basically aren't considered "real magic"

also the junction system was less help and more of "tortured until they could replicate" iirc

every single person in this game who has the ability to travel into the past is surprised to learn they cannot change anything. Elone tried to change the past and failed. Squall tried to change the past and failed. And Ultimecia came back with the original intent of altering her own tragic destiny. When that proved impossible she decided to compress all of time into an Infinite now. A compressed world only she could live in.

She would compress all time and space onto herself, becoming the Be all, end all.

wait, when did Squall try to go to the past? was that in outer space scene? I thought it was just him trying to reach out to Rinoa

Because shitty sorceresses like Adell do horrible shit. If she didn't know it when she started her plan, she should damn well know by the time she was doing anything while possessing Edea.

She is Rinoa I believe, I know square said later its not the case but the game was littered with clues, probably a hindsight decision.
>GFs make you lose memory
>Saw her own death at hand of SEED aka Rinoa sees it
>Has unhealthy obsession with knight in shining armor, Seifer like Rinoa had at first

Been awhile since I played it, any other hints

I think that the whole reason of the war was to find Ellone, right? In some point in the game says that Abel or Edea kidnapped thousand of kids just to find her

those two are really reaching user, hell those fabricated even

she wouldn't care by the time since she has already her plans set in motion

that was the Galbadia War, the Sorcerer War was different iirc, around Esthar's time

It's probably an obsession sorceresses share.

In any case, you could take anything from FFVIII and make up a theory around it.

doesn't Irvine or Selphie, I forget which, also remember what happened, but don't feel its important until disc 3?

>main thread topic theory
I got lost trying to remember what exactly Ellones powers are if im honest, the dream thing right?

Galbadia was Edeas doing and Esthar Abel, right?

Ultimecia had possessed Edea but Abel was just being a dick? Fuck... Can you remember me Abel motives for the war.

Yeah. She can make your consciones travel throgh time Thats why she tries to make Squall go to the past, in Laguna's body, to try to change their destiny

Why people complain so much about the love between them? To me was way better than what Square did in 10

Ellone could place someone's consciousness into another's across time, as long as she knows the individual.

Also telepathy.

>Sephiroth goes off the deep end while hunting for secrets in the Shinra mansion but SOMEHOW manages to avoid opening the suspicious as fuck locked door in the basement, the exact spot that would have defused the entire fucking thing
>Ultimecia goes back in time to do literally everything people persecute her for because reasons
>Kuja throws a giant manbabby tantrum because he's mortal
Why were all of the PS1 villains total retards?

Because it took up most of the plot and they were the only playable characters Nomura or whoever bothered to develop as the game went on.

The rest of the party became unimportant.

With party members as stupid as irvine, i wonder why...

If Ultimecia could use her own powers to travel in time, why did she needed Elone?

>needs ammo for limit break

Blame Nomura for not knowing how to write.

I loved FF7 but Sephiroth is the biggest fucking faggot ever with the most incosistent motives ever. He constantly switches from "I want my alien mommy back" to "I want to kill everything on the planet and become a god" Also it's true that Square, for all their other talents, absolutely suck at writing villains - they're either big bad for the sake of big bad with no rhyme or reason (Kefka) or butthurt manbabby faggots (Kuja)

I just realised that Irvine couldn't shoot Edea because he remembers that she was her adoptive mother

Ardyn is amazing. You should see the Pitioss Ruins revelation,

Are there any chance that they remake 6, 8 and 9 with the same effort that they are putting on 7?

>I guess no amount of foreshadowing will make people go over it, that or they feel dumb not realizing about it sooner

Because foreshadowing isn't a pass for a dumb idea you retard.

whoops meant Esthar war, not Galbadia war, Sorcerer War was still pretty far to the past

And yeah, Galbadia War was Edea, Esthar was Adel

Adel just want total domination since she was the only active sorceress at the time

you need to do things to make the romance believable, like play certain instruments in the FH party, go to certain areas with Rinoa, etc.

Sephiroth is literally emotionally retarded so that's not that big of a surprise. The problem is that the writing is fucking stupid and logically, he'd have no reason to ignore the door with VINCENT FUCKING VALENTINE BEHIND IT for literally no fucking reason.

and he also cracks under pressure

it isn't, but not for "it was all so sudden" / "out of the blue", which makes foreshadowing relevant

Probably not.

At most I could see 6 being remade for handheld with 3d graphics.

Though they did express interest in recreating old titles, I don't think they'd do it anytime soon.

Best way to play FFVIII? Emu or PC version?

they'd be better off making something new instead of chasing the past

>"it was all so sudden" / "out of the blue",

The post you replied to didn't say that at all.
And no, that's not the main complaint with that "twist" or the plot, the main complaint is that's a fucking stupid idea, even if it "makes sense" in the narrative.

She posses edea/rinoa to get to ellone. Then she can steal her time skip abilities to become dank goddess.

>he'd have no reason to ignore the door with VINCENT FUCKING VALENTINE BEHIND IT for literally no fucking reason

I need an explanation. I don't play play 7 in ages waiting for the remake

Oh I know, but just throwing it there.

Also user you weren't in gamefaqs and groups back then were you? People were using "out of nowhere" a lot.

Squall failed to assasinate the sorceress and was fatally injured. The rest of the game is his delerium as he dies.

Though I always wondered, would Ultimecia actually win over Adel's consciousness? Adel seems to be far more megalomaniac than any of the other sorceresses.

But she already has time powers

This is the shit that i don't understand

So Ultimecia is just a body snatcher?

See this is another theory that floats around VIII aside from the Rinoa=Ultimecia thing.

she wanted more, that's the point

she can go back in time but she can't create time compression, she needs more power

She possessed Adel

Ultimecia was way more powerfull

>Sephiroth is a mama's boy and got baited into believing he was Jenova's son by incomplete documents that were planted by Hojo to trick him
>Vincent Valentine is a single room over in a coffin and knew Sephiroth's actual mother
>For some reason, Sephiroth has no desire to check out the locked door despite the library apparently containing classified documents.
Literally no fucking sense.

but thats just a theory

a game theory

but serious thats some bullshit, show me one scrap of evidence its legit.

Explain time compression in your terms

no she didn't

in fact that was the very thing you were trying to do in the last part of disc 3 and was something Odine and Laguna were worried about

Shitty writing.

She goes around collecting powers through a machine in the future that emulates Ellone's powers.

I already said that, freezes time flow and basically just "is", she can't do that without ellone's powers

less shitty writing and more "I NEED MORE POWER" stock reasoning

though I guess that does make it shitty writing

She can posses sorcs in the past, but that's it.

But if she could posses adel, the dankest sorc in that time, she would be able to defeat laguna in esthar.

What about the fucking wounds

they just disappear? Someone tossed a potion on him?

>is this right?
Squall dies, and all you see is some weird dream when nothing makes sense.

consider that omega weapon is just chilling in her castle.

can anyone explain why time compression occurs when you beat Adel? my mind is fuzzy on all these details, need to replay.

>save points intensifies

Yeah. After the Rinoa shit on space, she possess Adel and comes back to the planet with the monsters falling from the moon. Then you killed herand Ultimecia goes to Rinoa that is sent to past with Ellone powers.

Ultimecia is stronger than Adel

I need to play 8 again.

Is it truly as abd as people say? Or spme people were brainwashed by the Spoony review and assume that it was shit?

Jenova is in his brain and essentially has control. Seph learning the truth hurts her objective.

>Is it truly as abd as people say?
Nah

It seems like they changed the story halfway through, so it's messy. There's nothing wrong with the gameplay unless you're a total min-maxxer fag who just grinds their way through games.

The setting in ff8 is the best one in the ff games.

It's really a you like it, or you hate it game. People really don't seem to find a middle ground on it. Though being Sup Forums I'm sure quite a few people parrot youtube celeb opinions.

He gets impaled by ice missiles and wakes up hours later in a weird prison perfectly fine. The game never explains why.