>Miyamoto killed Paper Mario
>Kojima killed Castlevania
>Inafune killed Devil May Cry
When is it time to let go of the past?

Color Splash is good though.

It's not TTYD therefore it sucks

No it isn't

I think it was Tanabe who killed Paper Mario

How is Paper Mario dead? Color Splash came out a few months ago, and most people seemed to agree that it was at least an improvement over Sticker Star.

>it was at least an improvement over Sticker Star.
Not really saying a whole lot

dude paper lmao

>When is it time to let go of the past?

How dare you assume we don't want these games to modernize and improve even further? Be even better?

This is the darkest time in gaming and you're shitposting?

Fuck you.

Kojima killed Castlevania? What?

Lords of Shadows

>dzielo
what the fuck is that

contrarians

Castlevania hasn't been good or relevant in almost a decade dude. Come on.

64 was way better than TTYD though

It's so fucking annoying. Paper Mario was the first game I played.
>Sticker Star didn't sell well, let's just do that gameplay again
>You know the creative villains that everyone liked? Fuck that, use the Koopalings
>Paper Mario with a partner? What planet are you living on, everyone knows Mario doesn't have a partner
>Enemies? Fuck that, use generic Mario enemies numbers 1 through 19
Fuck Miyamoto and Tanabe.
If a game came out with the graphics and gameplay of TTYD, the story and music of SPM, and the level design and charm of Paper Mario, I'd buy it in an instant. But it seems Nintendo can't even manage any of those (save the graphics).

Is it true that Miyamoto was so fed up with how SPM turned out story and character-wise that he forced the creators to stop using original characters in Mario RPGs?

He rigged a poll to pretend that people only wants basic toads everywhere.

Have you tried the soutpark game? its the only thing i've found that comes close

that's an exaggeration

he just told IS to try to focus on Mario's world and characters

Miyamoto should have died too. He's been holding nintendo back for over a decade now. And even in his hayday, he would mess with other devs to make himself look good (ban donkey kongs use in DKC 2 and 3, cancel and then steal all the ideas from Argonaut's Star Fox 2, piss rare off so bad that they run to microsoft at the first opportunity).

How are the M&L games nowadays?

Mediocre, but not a fucking sin like Color Splash

good

i think miyamoto has is past the point where he hates his own creations and is now openly sabotaging them. he should just retire.

a meme

That was made by Mercury Steam. Kojima liked the game and joined in,

He has fuck all to do with the game as a whole

The game wasn't originally a Castlevania game. It was just "Lords of Shadows" until Kojima's input.

Miyamoto wasnt the one who fucked up papermario no matter how much you want to meme

Hey, the GBA and DS Castlevanias were really good. Not really recent, but it's relatively in the ballpark.

Good. Fanboys will say Superstar Saga is the only good one, but they're all decently enjoyable to play.

TTYD was amazing. CS pales in comparison, especially the combat.

Decent.

So you have no idea what the fuck you are talking about?

/thread

You're just a contrarian.

I've only played TTYD, but it's in my top 10 GOAT games. What other Mario RPGs are essential? I'm guessing Super Mario RPG and M&L Superstar Saga?

SMRPG, PM64, Super Star Saga, Bowser's inside story

all the M&L games are worth playing though you arent missing anything with Partner's in time.

>Inafune killed Devil May Cry
What?

>When is it time to let go of the past?
When it becomes the past.

he's directly responsible for the existance of DmC. He thought it was a good idea to westernize it and though Ninja Theory was a good idea to go with.

>most people seemed to agree that it was at least an improvement over Sticker Star.

A solid turd is still an improvement over liquid diarrhea.

Meh. They're not that great, but they're still miles above the garbage that Paper Mario became.

>SMRPG
>Paper Mario 64
>Superstar Saga
>Bowser's Inside Story

That's all you really need.