HOW

grab 'em

Do the things he does good more and better

Stop doing the things he don't do good

Wait for opponent to jump
Use any of his 4 AAs
?????
profit

be one of those desperate fags who play low tier, jump around and run away and wait for any oppening

but they're always jumping away

YOLO

>1. Go to character select screen
>2. Pick Laura
>3. Use her from now on
>4. ???
>5. Profit

You're welcome

What shitty art. You actually saved that garbage?

>be a scrub
>start using Bison
>walk backwards to bait into double knee press
>psycho blast when shitters are crouched
>ranged counter to punish hadoken spamming faggots
>mfw
I was undefeated until I ran into a Cammy that combo juggled me for 23 hits back to back each round
Admittedly I still need to git gud

stop playing fighting games, they're all trash.

>walk backwards to bait into double knee press
so you just charge the move? You're not baiting anything

>bait

F.HP sets up an amazing mixup, and is also effective on hit. On hit, you can combo into S.MP-L.Chop, on CC you can do C.HP into your preferred followup, and on block, you can do a light powerbomb that beats everything that's not throw invincible, even 3f moves, or do a different thing if you expect them to jump out.

If you land a Power Bomb or forward through, L. Elbow beats anything they can do on wake-up that isn't strike invincible, and is safe on block(But you don't have advantage). You can use that to condition them to block on wakeup, then start to mix it up by dashing in and doing power bombs.

Stomp can be peppered in to blockstring or neutral to establish it as a proper threat, but shouldn't be used too often because it's punishable as hell, and Stun Gun Headbutt should be used SUPER rarely to catch people off guard when they forget it exists.

C.MP is no longer a godpoke in S2, but still solid range, same for C.MK. Mix those two up for footsies, as well as sticking out the big boot(S.HK), it's safe on block if you hit them with the tip. Your best "Oh shit" move is S.LK, but even that's pretty mediocre, you're better off blocking or V-reversal.

Speaking of V-gauge, you're tanky, and if you land a Heavy Hit you get a TON of V-gauge, so you can afford to V-reversal. When you go V-trigger, don't use Sledgehammer too much, even if you do parry, it can be punished super easily, try to parry then power bomb/block/LP/whatever you see fit.

I'm about out of room, so any more specific questions?

If I'm learning from scratch, do I pick a character to learn I think is cool or do I get the hang of combos with Ryu/Ken?

Pick a character you enjoy and that feels right. It's not rocket science it's all a comfort thing.

I have trouble getting in on people, I just had my ass handed to me by an akuma playing keep away and I just couldn't chase him down. Admittedly I did too many stomps. I like playing Alex because I like how grapplers play with someone's expectations of when to block, but in fighting a better alex just now I was getting counter hit left and right because I kept trying to button him out, not even wake up crush countered, just dash up mp-mp. I find myself a lot of people guess right with me, I'm probably too predictable

go play SF II, for starters
still crap tier but immensely more fun.

Watch Snakeyez play Zangief. You need to be slow and steady, and stick to the ground. Walk towards them, then when they throw a fireball, just crouchblock it, then keep walking forwards. As Alex, you need to be slow and steady getting in, then EXPLODE when you're in their face.

Drop him for a better character. Better yet drop SFV for a better game.

>Still no FUCKING arcade mode
I don't want to learn how to play SFV by spending hours in training mode and getting curbstomped in online matches like an autist.

>I don't want to learn how to play SFV by spending hours in training mode and getting curbstomped in online matches like an autist.
you sound upset

>Letting Crapcom shit into your mouth
>"AT LEAST I'M NOT MAD ABOUT IT"

>be bad at video games
>call everyone else a shit eating autist
git gud

To approach, you must be patient. Best approach is definitely ex stomp, but otherwise, you want to take your time going in. Utilise cr.mp and your other good footsies buttons. And while tempting, don't press st.hk too much. This is all advice from Gunfight, probably the best Alex.

Concerning my own, remember to use st.mp. while it may seem trivial, it's very tempting to walk a little and press f.hp for the sheer oB advantage. But a ch st.mp combos into itself, and it's a faster poke, that has a great hitbox for whiff punishing.

Lastly, make use of sledgehammer (V-trigger special) resets. Instead of going into backdrop, combo the sledgehammer into a mp flash chop. From there you can command grab, "cr.hp xx sledgehammer > lk knee drop", if you think they'll jump, or just a "ch st.lp > s.mp xx ender" combo if they're going to try and tech or press buttons. This reset potential, and overall scariness of Alex is something you must use to get the most out of the character.
Also, I believe cr.lk > cr.lp xx LP headbutt works after sledgehammer oH. So there's that too. Good luck user!

one question, I'm not sure how his parry works, does every parry I pull off eat away at one of my potential sledgehammers? Could I theoretically use up my whole vtrigger parrying 3 rapid hits?

If you parry and don't sledge, you *regain* meter.

yolo with alex is an awful idea

so parrying into an ex hyper bomb would save a sledge? Neat. Being patient seems to be working out, its just frustrating sometimes taking all that time to get in and one blocked cross up later I end up doing the same dance all the way to the other corner. I feel sorry for anyone who plays Gief having to deal with this.
>Also, I believe cr.lk > cr.lp xx LP headbutt works after sledgehammer oH
I don't understand, do you mean if I headbutt after c.lp its a good way to shake things up? seems risky to use a sledgehammer to set up

who's that? google/tineye bring up nothing

pick urien

Be alex

I can't alex's to save my life

>Throw really powerful, unsafe looking shit
>lol safe on block

that's it you win, just do it over and over until you win

>get stomped in Ranked
>dominate in casuals

I'll never get past gold at this rate, especially with ranked being Balrog central nowadays

Play a lot, practice, watch your own replays, practice, play a lot, repeat.

'They kill, cut in pieces, they hunt with curses.' What relevance has this to keeping your mind pure, sane, sober, just? As if a man were to come up to a spring of clear, sweet water and curse it - it would still continue to bubble up water good to drink. He could throw in mud or dung: in no time the spring will break it down, wash it away, and take no colour from it. How then can you secure an everlasting spring and not a cistern? By keeping yourself at all times intent on freedom - and staying kind, simple, and decent.

Sounds like you do to much, if people want to play keep away just walk them in to the corner. Stop trying to constantly mount a dumb offense.

There is no character in this game that can keep you full screen apart from Sim on occasion. Just walk

Arcade mode teaches you legitimately nothing other than being decent hit-confirm practice. If anything it hurts the learning process.

You arcade mode morons need to learn already.

If you want story shit play the story mode.
If you want short shitty slide-show story shit like old arcade modes play the prelude stories.
If you want a constant wave of enemies play survival.

yo what that source yo

You shouldn't blame match-ups for losses at gold rank. Match-ups are irrelevant at your skill level.

This fucking guy gets it, until you get in Alex is Gief-lite. His buttons are still pretty solid, fucking cr.MK has the range of some character's sweeps.

Then when you do get in you just ride your momentum until you hit stun, which Alex gets insanely easy. Boom, free CC combo that'll probably close the round.

>meaty f.HP on wake-up
>they try to V-reversal
>V-trigger cancel into parry
>Powerbomb
>ALEX WINS

Alex is not gief light at all.

Alex/Sim is probably Alex's best MU by a long shot.
Gief/Sim is absolutely horrible for Gief.

They have very big fundamental differences, their only real similarities are that they have a command grab that is central to their gameplan, but even then, their command grabs are very different.

I normally don't, but Balrog is a nightmare for Ryu, especially considering how much he got nerfed.

Alex isn't garbage, but he definitely struggles more than most of the cast on average.

If there was one change I'd give him to make him automatically better, I'd make crouching MP special-cancellable like in 3S. Giving him conversions off of such a long-ranged normal that isn't a super-unsafe punish tool like standing HK would really help him out. You'd only need to make LP Chop/EX Chop/LK Slash combo off of it.

>until you get in Alex is Gief-lite

What I meant by that was that their approach is similar. Big scary wall of buttons. Pressing the right buttons at the right ranges until you get in that ass. If you get into specifics, no shit they're different

You have to play a different fireball game in that MU, which means not throwing many at all and only throwing smart ones.

just fucking with you user, its Brian Firenzi, from 5sf. You won't find those on image searches because I made them years ago
youtube.com/watch?v=cMvWQMKhb24

There approach isn't similar. Gief has no forward moving offense, he doesn't even have green hand anymore. He's slow and stationary as fuck and his buttons are very stubby and can't be cancelled into any forward moving offense.

Alex has three special moves that are forward moving offense, one of which can be spaced safely. Alex also has better walkspeed and significantly better buttons.

Alex also can't really threaten any command grab in neutral because of how pathetic the ranges on all of them are, where as Giefs light SPD has amazing range.

Their approach options and tools are very different, hence why Sim is so easy for Alex and so hard for Gief.

Throwing too many hadoukens isn't really the issue for me because I don't really throw that many to begin with, it's mostly dealing with the dash punches that Balrog can do for free without any fear of being punished unless he's right in your face as he does it. I struggle mostly against him, Guile, Cammy, and Karin.

Funnily enough, I have no issues against Urien and Laura

Even if well spaced, dash punches are still -4 at best (unless EX). Which means you can take the momentum back on block. You can also space yourself in a way where you can walk into dash punches on prediction so that you block them at spacing that makes them punishable.

Honestly, if his anti-airs could just get buffed a little Alex would be just fine as is to me. Just a little invincibility on AKS would do it.

I mean, cr.HP and Knees do their job, but whenever I see them get stuffed I get so damn heated. It's like I gave the right answer to a test but the teacher knocked the pencil out of my hand.

Someone needs to explain to me why Alex gets poverty anti-airs without bar, but this fucking Unga Bunga mudnigger Necalli gets to keep his AA jab an a fucking DP.

how do I git gud with bison?
Is dhalsim fun?

>how do I git gud with bison?
Take advantage of his new 3 fame normal (st.lk) which can combo into light orb. A good, low risk confirm with him is cr.lp - st.lk - light orb.

His new, optimum damage combo without meter is st.hp - heavy flame - light orb.

Here's a good video that goes over more: youtube.com/watch?v=UJmycH3zVA0&t=1s

Gitting Gud at fighting games seems like too much effort and a time sink.

I'm glad it rewards players who train really hard, but it just seems like a bitch to get into.

Alex needs his fucking 3S EX air knee back, hits ground opponents and can wake up reversal, it'd solve most of his problems.

I think with most competitive games you break past the suck wall at around 100-200 hours. With fighting games it takes more time around 500-1000 if you are new to them.

Lariat shit and abuse grabs

Ibuki bros??

people still play this shit?

People still post in Sup Forums?

I don't like her in 5. The bomb thing is cool but it's not worth getting rid of the neckbreaker.

youtube.com/watch?v=jSzPbO9DFcg

Listen to this while you play, guaranteed +500 puntos.

No Sakura no buy

If you like annoying impatient opponents like me you'll find Sim fun.

have they fixed the netcode yet?

you idiots should boycott this garbage until this shit is at least on the same tier as USF4

The netcode is on the same tier as Ultra, both are mediocre, just in different ways.

In march appearently.

You stop playing SFV and find some normal fighting game.

Such as?

anime isnt normal

Play TvC

>3
>3 sides of a triangle
>Illuminati

W-why does she have the pedo symbol in her shoulder?

What exactly makes that matchup good for Alex? I don't see it.

Alex has great ins and corner carry, Sim is free as shit once you're in on him and Alex doesn't have that much trouble getting in on him.

git gud

I meant after a combo ending with hammer > chop, you can reset into cr.lk > cr.lp xx LP headbutt. No one sees it coming