How can they fix this franchise?

How can they fix this franchise?

Sun and Moon already saved it. It will probably outsell X and Y by the time it's done.

There is nothing to fix

>fix
It makes them too much money to change it now

Make a gritty spinoff where it's kill or be killed when you fuck around with these dangerous animals known as Pokemon

Also add in a dating sim with cute girls and fat ass titties.

>They changed too much with ___ & ___! It's fucked.
>They changed too little with ___ & ___! It's fucked.

So which one are you?

make the useless half of the creatures useful

Deliberd has no reason to exist and wishes it was dead

Both.

Not every pokemons have to be good you cancerous smogonfag

You can't even carry Deliberd through an in-game team

Not a problem. Fucking faggot.

Get rid of all the Pokemon except the original 151.

/thread

there are so many useless pokemon. i dont think even a quarter of the current 800 are viable for teams. also, cheating has become such a big fucking problem, if you dont cheat yourself, you are basicly bones at this point.

take this thread to /vp/ thanks

kys

Hahaha I knew one of you weebs would get triggered by this.

more furbait designs

>Sun and Moon
>Good
lol

>I like Deliberd and want him on my team
>I sure wish he wasn't fucking shit
>HAHAHA NOT A PROBLEM BRO

I'm very sceptical that anybody on /vp/ has even played a Pokémon game. Full of anime fags and people who want to fuck Goodra

delete all 3DS games from existance

Soul Silver/HG content with BW graphics.

Buy the rest of the stock from Gamefreak and have LITERALLY ANYONE ELSE develope the games.

More mobile games.

But every pokemon should at least be fun to use.

Delibird is not.

Do you mean karenfag?

>misusing weeb
>merely pretending
>trlololol u iz le twiggrd XD

kys, beeyotch. my board is 18+

Make the script funny and suitable for all ages. Tired of this kiddy power of friendship bullshit from Gen 3 onwards. Gen 1 & 2 had a little snark, at least.

Give it a hard mode that's accessible from the beginning.

Stop putting in half assed gimmicks.

this is the most retarded post I have seen this year.

the gameplay discussion over there is literally endless and autismal.

Pack it in. Don't make anymore generations and create a game that has all regions and all generations in one.

But that will never happen since the series prints money, so there's no need for them to reinvent the wheel when their current formula just works.

mystery dungeon.
more stories that actually flesh out characters.
stop treating this franchise like it's incapable of making engaging stories.
that's what they need to do.

red and blue rescue team was seriously based

that sounds pointless since after say the second region you would steamroll everything.

"All regions" would be incredibly hard to balance, unless you made each region barebones

>stop treating this franchise like it's incapable of making engaging stories.
They did that for Black and White at least.

Are you 12? The "every region in one" idea is, and always was, a shitty idea. They had a hard enough time making two work. Three or above and it would just fall apart

>hehe my opinions say otherwise than facts. obs my biased looks matter more.

/thread

What are you trying to say, are you having a stroke or something?

go in a completely different direction

Sun and Moon were shit. Harder games I guess but that's not saying much when everything else sucks. It has a soundtrack with good town tracks though, I liked those. Guzma, Lusamine 1, and the champion battle were the only ones I liked.

PMD dating sim

>SuMo
>Not good
The sheer amount of boypussy and hunky men in the game saved it

I'm 27. How old are you?

ikr , I nailed your impersonation perfectly

>fix
?
Every generation has been better than the last with the exception of gen 4, which was a low point. What needs "fixing?"

Haha get a load of this faggot. They don't have to not make it for kids because they know you developmentally retarded nostalgiafags will still eat it up like the shit-gobbling children you are

Why?

Please be in London

No I genuinely have no idea what you were trying to say. Please elaborate

Make either
>A rouge-lite that lets you dungeon crawl finding random pokemon
Or
>A good SRPG

>Facts
Whether a game is good or bad is an opinion, user. There are no facts here

>rouge

BW graphics were one of the worst things about gen5. Animations weren't smooth and graphics were chunky. HGSS with Pokemon Uranium graphics would be much better

They have enough trouble balancing the level curve in two regions. Not to mention, if the game is still coming out at the same price tag then it'll also have a similar budget to the normal games. That means you won't be getting 7+ games worth of content, you'll be getting 1 games worth of content spread out over 7+ regions. Game Freak aren't miracle workers.

This is just the tip of the iceberg, I could keep going if you like.

By roguelite do you mean a real time, action game? How would that even work with teams of pokemon?

>Goodra
That's just one autist. /vp/ wants to fuck Lillie now.

stop making shit 3d games where half the pokemon look autistic and go back to 2d

Yes please, because I don't think those barriers are as big as you think.
Levels could be easily scaled with the level of your strongest pokemon, and the 7 regions all already have all their content mapped out. They'd have to redesign a few things, but it's far from 7 games made from scratch.

Make a pokemon game where its set in an apocalypse where some evil scientist figured out how to make pokemon attack humans. You play as red, but for some reason since you've spent so much time with your pokemon and bonded your pokemon didn't go insane and start attacking you. You get a message from ethan who was the only trainer to beat you that he needs help and his pokemon team like yours didn't go insane. Now its you and ethan traveling an apocalyptic hell pokemon world and have to use your teams to put the insane pokemon down and battle the evil scientist who brainwashed legendaries and created cyborg clones that have super stats.

>Literally every gen of Pokémon has looked like shit for the console it's on
>Complaints about it every time a new game comes out
>Constant cries for the franchise to move to 3D
>They do it
>People hate 3D now and they say 2D Pokémon always looked charming and brilliant
Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Black 3/White 3
Increase difficulty
No hand holding story bullshit

>telling me that 3d sprites look even close to acceptable
its not the fact that 3d is shit, its whoever moved all the sprites over to 3d was probably disabled and now we are forced to deal with it because its too much work to redo them (after what happened in x and y)

Stop making furry fap bait humanized pokemon.

How would you guys feel if we get a mainline Switch Pokemon game with 3D models like Battle Revolution and stuff?

Add a difficulty system, exclude any form of tutorials in the normal and hard one like what they did in Fire Emblem. Make better post game content rather than have you complete your pokedex and add in a Battle Tower clone, maybe add something like Pokemon Stadium type gameplay where you can enter tournaments with their own set rules for trophies.

Hire the people making the fangames like Sega

thats fine by me, battle revolution and stadium didnt have fucked up sprites and they had pretty accurate colors

as if that will stop me

I want a dating sim with all of the cute SM men with Marlon as a guest character. Marlon is my husbando.

source?

>completely get rid of IVs
>new base stat distribution for all base stats of all pokemon to actually create balanced ingame tierlists, especially for fully evolved Pokemon
>give good moves to all pokemon to save all shitmons

so much for the meta

>more large dungeons for legendaries
>stop taking out new features that were introduced in the last game
>get rid of shinies and make multiple color versions of each Pokemon easily breedable
>no more handholding
>full fleshed regions with actual places to go and exploration, kalos and alola are fucking terrible
>actually putting MANY version exclusives in both games so that trading actually becomes relevant again, 100 Version exclusives should be okay
>put in the story of the theoretical third version in the first two versions, but still letting the cover legendary be version exclusive.

You don't fix a cash cow, son.
You just let it go and play something else.

Do any of the recent games have a 151 mode or something similar where there are only gen 1 pokemon? I couldn't play these games past Emerald because I don't know any of the pokemon.

look for oob on inkbunny

Pokemon go was only for the first 151, dunno if they updated that.

Playing with new Pokemon is part of the fun, user. What's the point if you're just going to train the same Pokemon over and over?

Why are you so mad?

>level scaling
Please never suggest an idea again

When will Game Freak actually create better graphics? Like something you can be proud of like how some Capcom game produce or Square Enix games?

Basically how about some damn models with fully detailed and realizes mouths and eyes? God damn do I hate Game Freak's laziness. The more powerful a gaming device becomes the less excusable this shit is from them. Especially the blocky hands.

They fixed it with Sun and Moon.

Fairy could use some rebalancing, but that's about it.

By making them pick up and god simple handheld games again.

It seems with Sun/Moon, Gamefreak forgot these games were supposed to be quick handheld games you play for a minute then put back in your pocket

There are so many cutscenes in S/M that its almost insulting.
>opening of the game babies you worse than any game I've played in the last 5 years
>checkpoint markers telling you where to go
>game keeps screeching to a halt for cutscenes about your stupid friends
>game gives you dialogue options that don't matter
>go into the alternate dimension after Lillies mom
>oh cool maybe I can explore this place
>walk 3 feet
>CUTSCENE
>instead of fighting the giant jelly fish pokemon we just fight Lillie's mom again with the same team comp as before
>get out
>MORE FUCKING CUTSCENES
>Lillie manages to say "I'm glad we became friends" over and over for 10 minutes
>game gives me no opportunity to save for almost 10 minutes
>batter light turned red just before credits were done
These games turned way too much into JRPGS. Just nothing but cutscenes and characters babbling on and on while at the same time saying absolutely nothing

Do actual kids even like this shit anymore? Are these games just being made for manchildren?

>Sun and Moon
>saved
Maybe from gen 6's garbage but it still suffers from some of the more annoying shit gen 6 had like extreme handholding.

Fuck there are so many fade-to-black cutscenes in SM by random characters I literally could not give less of a fuck about.

Sun and Moon pretty much took any improvements in the last 4 gens and straight up removed them. If anything its clear that Game Freak only gives a shit ablut minimal work for the most profit

retcon everything after gen 2, and if theyre really ambitous, gen 1

>implying that shit doesn't sell well

This x 100

The worst part is, they talk so much and yet say so little. For all the cutscenes, hand holding, dialog and """""character interaction""""", the story is still basically about as deep and complex as, say, Gold and Silver. So why even bother?

They've gotten way off track.

Sun and Moon when compared to older Pokemon games flopped in the sales department sp you can stick thst stupid argument up your dumb ass

To sell bulk units of the Switch, at least in the west to normies, all they'd have to do is make an open-world Pokemon RPG. Is Nintendo keeping something like that for when they're really fucked or what? The hype would be off the charts. A Bethesda-tier Pokemon sandbox would sell like crazy, I don't understand why they've never done it before.

t. No argument

Less handholding, even my 8 year sold nephew thinks the Sun and Moon are easy baby shit. I know these games are for kids but even kids want to be challenged

Less jerking off previous gens

Less annoying rivals and characters in general

Give a hard mode for the veterans, wouldn't be anything difficult just give NPCs more aggressive, competent AI and bump their levels up

Make areas bigger, some stuff to really explore

None of this stuff is difficult to implement but Game Freak seem terrified of making the game anything other than babbys first JRPG incase they lose sales

Nintendo doesn't control what Pokemon games are made. GameFreak is a second party company, and The Pokemon Company is a whole different corporation all together.

because Pokemon is literally for 5 year olds, open world would confuse them

and it would fuck up the progression of the game, how would you do levels and stats if the player can go anywhere from the start?

what the fuck happened with that detective game?

They wouldn't even need to go that far. All they need to do to get normies on board for the Switch is a 3D remake of FireRed/LeafGreen. Throw in some Yellow features like an optional follower Pikachu and Jessie/James, and allow some kind of functionality to transfer Pokémon from Pokémon GO to this new game.

I wouldn't really care for going back to Kanto yet again but normalfags and college kids would eat that shit up.

It released, but only in Japan. It's getting a Hollywood movie, though.

Old games
>simple rpgs made for kids
>play it on the bus and put it away
New games
>really bad JRPGs made for manchildren
>long drawn out cutscenes with nothing but waifu characters
"But the original games were too simply"
They were supposed to be simple. It was a handheld game made for kids. Its like saying Tetris is "too simple"

Only a pretentious fuck looks at Tetris and says "that's too simple, I'm an adult"

yes but Nintendo owns a large share of The Pokemon Company, so they have a pretty big say on what happens in the franchise

>start up moon
>get excited
>non
>stop
>fucking
>talking

I still gone past the first challenge because every 5 seconds hau has to fucking say something

>comparing sun/moon to games that have been out for 10+ years
alternatively, sun and moon has only been out half a year and already surpassed x/y and almost black/white

Not really. They don't even have say over what games the amiibos are used for.

fpbp

What was bad about Sun and Moon? I've played through every gen and Gen 7 is probably the best the series has ever been