Westernized

>westernized
>selling like shit in japan
>selling badly compared to RE5 and RE6 worldwide
>filled with cheap jump scares
>clearly made in hopes that streamers will create epic viral videos of its spooky scares
>short story
>shallow gameplay with no depth
this is it, the blunder of the year

Wow havent seen this thread before how original

You forgot
>bonus modes are cut content dlc

>Westernized
How is that a bad thing?

Hang yourself, memer.

>Resident Evil
>westernized
does not compute

Resident Evil always had a western aesthetic, however the game design was always extremely Japanese. Now even that has been westernized.

>Enjoying nip shit
>Calling anyone else a memer but yourself
Hope you choke on the emperor's cocktail faggot

>cheap jumpscares
I can only recall two. One with Mia at the beginning and one with Evie at the ship.

Nah, that's pretty bullshit. Resident Evil was always much bigger in the west than it was in Japan. Hence why we have so many Hollywood movies.

>What is DmC
>What is Dead Rising 4

Game's bullshit, that one guy wasn't ever really an anchor.

>blunder of the year
At least use your muscles to shit instead of cutting a hole in your arse and letting it drip out.

>however the game design was always extremely Japanese
Is this the new artificial difficulty?

The stuff with mia and the evie one wasn't all that bad, the one with marguerite at the crow door startled me a good one though.

Is this game popular enough to hate yet?
Seems like Sup Forums is pretty split for now

>westernized
Ok.
Everything sells like shit in Japan anymore outside of Pokemon, Monster Hunter, and Dragon Quest.
RE7 actually has one of the biggest first week sales of any RE game.
No RE was ever scary, video games aren't scary. They just have good atmosphere, which RE7 has.
>clearly made in hopes that streamers will create epic viral videos of its spooky scares
Not at all.
>short story
Just like every RE except 6.
>shallow gameplay with no depth
Just like every RE.

>all this denial

capcom idf on suicide watch

Not an argument.

>someone points out how everything you said is incorrect

>'h-ha u must be in denial xD"

>No RE was ever scary
They were all made with the intention to be. I think this is a lousy argument, more like it's just bullshit to say that it's "filled" with jump scares when it isn't.

>first week sales meaning anything
>video games aren't scary
Fuck off.
>Not at all
Not an argument ;^)
>Just like every RE
RE6 has extreme depth, as far as controls.

Weak argument.

>n-nuh-uh
I guess I should've realized I was arguing with a retard.

Not an argument.

No need to reassure me, pinhead.

Not an argument.

>first week sales don't mean anything!
Are you retarded, or just determined to make it SEEM like you're retarded?

Of course he's retarded. I've been baiting that dipshit and I'm not even the OP he was replying to.

>inb4 BTFO cuck responds with more non-arguments

fuck you i liked it

They don't. REVII has a lot of marketing and a metric fuckton of shilling, but is overall a poor RE game. That shows in the sales.

>merely pretending

>first horror game ive played in years

>hate weeb shit

>its made by japanese peoople

>its hated by japanese people

weebs got KEKED

>shit gameplay
>shit graphics
>shit animations
>shit story
>shit enemy variety
>shit enemies in general
>paid DLC
first game i ever refunded.

The RE6 shills are out in force today.

>>shit enemy variety
>>shit enemies in general
THIS!

Yeah, compared to what? RE4-6? RE7 is a reiteration of RE1's formula and it's the most """Japanese""" the series has been in the recent years.
>b-but it's first person and it has hillbillies, so it's westaboo pandering shit!!

WHAT WAS THAT?

This game is so fucking short... im dissapointed... that's probably what I'm dissapointed about the most.

I'm gonna buy it as soon as I can afford a ps4 and psvr to go with it.

Also, game breaking glitches.
First play through in the ship during the mia flashback, at the trigger part where evelyn is supposed to appear in the door then disappear she never did, and i wandered aimlessly where i couldn't progress any further. Had to select the previous save file 2 hours behind.
First madhouse playthrough after Marguerite pit fight, after investigating the lantern door and going back to retrieve it, the pool of bugs stayed there. No path opened, loading the previous save didn't work and i was completely stuck and shit out of luck because one single part didn't trigger.
Uninstalled immediately and traded in the next day.

This game is a disgrace. I don't care that it looks good anymore. It's a complete chore to play and the glitches are inexcusable.

>however the game design was always extremely Japanese

what does that even mean? is that your way of saying you liked the old gameplay better?

Kek, didn't get any glitches.

It was a fantastic VR experience

I hope they keep building upon what they have now. I really liked how they managed the atmosphere without going full outlast or any other meme FPS with the jump scares and shit like that. There were countless times where a jump scare would've been a thing if this was another game, but nothing happened

I didn't get any glitches at all

>I beat the game and then traded it because it was shit

then why'd you beat the game faggioli

There are like 3 jump scares in the game. The corpse in the basement, Jack running through a wall and later on Marguerite stopping you right in front of the crow door.

:^) What are you talking about? It's the same marketing agencies that defended RE6, this is just their current project capcom hired them for.

>t. my asshole

>Best/only actual puzzle in the entire game is a DLC mode.

think about, it's the same way you can tell Dark Souls is completely japanese despite looking like a western game. western games usually play like shit and are full of stupid design choices. the japs think everything through, that's why they've always made the best games

birthday party is an actual puzzle

DmC being bad needs to stop. It's not DMC, it's still a fun game.

They were made to be and they sort of failed. I got scared by resident evil 2 as a tyke. As a grown man, this is the only resident evil to mildly spook me so in that regards it's succeeded better than all of it's predecessors.

Everyone who played the game without VR failed to experience the full game.

So the same as literally every other game Capcom has ever made? Goes to figure that their best selling games appeals to people with shit taste.

I'm 4 hours in and I have a sudden urge to upgrade my rig for VR. Superhot got me thinking about it, this got me hyped.

Too bad I can't even maintain 60fps without it.

There's no VR support on PC yet I'm afraid. You have to just play it as you are for now, or wait like a year which I doubt you want to do.

i agree that japanese make better games but i don't call the gameplay "japanese", i just call it "better". those 2 words do not go hand in hand

Just a heads up user, with the second "bug" you have to talk to zoe on the phone. You just didn't do the thing to trigger the pit to drain.

I can wait. I'm not upgrading my rig anytime soon either. I did not know that however...

There's seriously no VR support for PC? But PS4 VR works?

>selling like shit in Japan
Many factors account for this, but you idiots posting this seem to think this means the quality of the game is shit.

Look at when 6 was released, and when 7 was release. January is a different climate than a game releasing around summer.

Wasn't RE always "westernized"?

The West can't into video games.

Yeah nobody wants to say it but VR gives the game AT LEAST 2 more points. I don't think I've experienced anything like that, not even on former VR horror games (you know, the shitty ones on PC). The game has a very solid foundation, but every now and then I fucking wondered how silent hills would've been if it adopted something like this (even though PT wasn't a good indicator of the final product, which would've been 3rd person since norman reedus was there)

PS4 has VR exclusivity for a year

Sony timed exclusive agreement apparently, they just worked on PSVR support. But Capcom wants to work on more VR content, so I'm sure it's in the works for whenever that exclusivity deal expires.

RE6 released in October. I distinctly remember that because I was far more excited for Rev1 which launched earlier in the year while thinking "oh, they're going for the Halloween sales with RE6". That all said, that's smarter than both Rev1's release date and releasing in the summer - seriously, games have fucked themselves over with June release dates because "lol E3".

>Westernized

Literally, why are people allowed to talk about a series they don't know about?

>every horror cliche from the last 10 years crammed into a single game
>people love it
Way too much shit and it all clashed. Tries to be both PT and Resident Evil but succeeds at neither

You have to actually trigger things in the game, by not doing them you don't trigger things to appear or change.

With that said, why the fuck hadn't you saved in 2 fucking hours?

Yes.

They can, just not console games.

>but you idiots posting this seem to think this means the quality of the game is shit.
It is
Japs have enough taste to know it's trash compared to most of the other main games. It was clearly made to appeal to dumb westerners and for that they want to see the series die.

I think it's to do with the design philosophy of Japanese developers. They actually think of how certain design choices affect and reflect the story being told in the game, and how they want a play to react and interact with it. Western developers mostly cater to players and makes games into movies without actually thinking about what a different perspective gaming really is in viewing and creating a story.

Not to say that Japanese don't pander, just that they think more about clever game design. At least to me

even not comparing it to DMC it's still shit senpai

I don't think anything really clashed, it just wasn't staunchly traditional classic Resident Evil. Fine by me, as the series didn't need to blatantly rehash its past glories either. It calls back to classic RE tradition but it's mere callbacks, and aside from the simplified level design and low enemy variety I think that was the right move to make.

A
WEEKEND
SUB

I absolutely want a Silent Hill VR game. Dead Space VR would be great too. Not sure which one would be freakier.

Some parts of RE7 in VR got so intense I almost didn't want to fucking bother anymore.

>Implying RE never had cliches in its stories

Difference is that 7 has modern horror cliches. And to me they work fine. Maybe not classic RE but I have like 10 games I can go back to if I'm itching for some Romero type stuff

There is a subtle, thin, veiled difference between

>This is my idea of how a western game should be

And

>Let us literally parrot western games

Resident Evil was Alone in the Dark done right.

REmake > RE5 > RE6 > RE4 > RE2 > Rev2 > RE3 > RE7 > Rev1 > RE0

can't believe capcom blundered so hard after 2 amazing games.
if they called re7 a side story or spin off it would be forgivable. calling it 7 is shitting on the series.

can we discuss this game without neo-Sup Forums shitposting. Here ill start

Things I liked:
Good Atmosphere/Modern Graphics
Good music/sound design
Strong start
Some fun bosses/good design
decent art direction
Bold new take on the series
Clever use of the different family members to flesh out subgenres of horror tropes
Video tapes are a well designed and cool feature
Lots of easter eggs/hidden secrets

Things I didnt like:
Extremely fucking poor dialogue writing
A lot of it seems very on rails with very low amounts of variable game play
Short
Gunplay is too simplistic/ Regular mob enemies boring to kill
Some bosses are boring bullet sponge encounters
Last act drags
Hard mode locked behind bullshit preorder bonus or completing the game
Weak uninteractive exploration elements
simplistic generic crafting system

id give it a 6.5-7/10 its decent but nothing amazing at least in my opinion

Is re7 the first AAA fps from japan? I thought they easily get motion sickness? How do they react?

Even Revelations has more enemy variety.

You're talking about the same people that enjoy shitty mobile games and this crap

meant for

Your taste is undeniably shit.

You get points for putting REmake at the top, but putting 5, and especially 6, in front of the likes of 2, 3, 4, and even 7 is a joke.

I liked the overall detail in the locations and the Baker family is fun, really all I had a problem with is the enemy variety. And the whole Evie thing felt kind of eh now that I think about it.

I don't regret spending $60 on it, but I've already 100% it and I wish there was some more to it

>have to buy an extremely overpriced meme peripheral to get the full REVII experience
Hmm. Does VR fix the abysmal enemy variety, awful final boss, weak main character, and cut bonus modes?

?
Nothing wrong with that list. Go play some bioware shits and just horizon.

>RE5 & RE6 in the top 3 spot
>but 7 shits on the series
faggot

Not bait guys, please respond

but that usually means something is good

>I'm a huge faggot, and I'm too casual to play Mercs
You could've just said it.

REmake > Rev1 > RE2 = RE1 > RE7 > RE4 > RE3 = RE:CV > Rev2 >>> RE0 > RE6 > RE5

I like Rev1 an awful lot.

It's an atrocious list.

>abysmal enemy variety
Far less noticeable since the novelty of the existing enemies never really wears off.

>awful final boss
No, this is still shit.

>weak main character
If he talked any more, and had any more of a cinematic presence, it would be less immersive, so yes, VR does kind of fix this. He's supposed to let you fill in for him.

>cut bonus modes
Obviously not. Why even ask? Oh yeah, cause you're a jaded fag.

Listen, RE7 had the third biggest launch of the series. As it currently stands, it has sold worse than all of the main numbered entries to the series, except REmake and 0. It has, however, sold better than the last 5 entries into the series. And it's been less than a month.

Overall, it has been a successful game. Get over it.

They are not buying it. They aren't in denial like westerners, if something is dead they won't bother.

>abysmal enemy variety
a negative aspect but not a deal breaker in anyway
>awful final boss
name one good RE final boss
>weak main character
>>he's not leon so I don't like him
>cut bonus modes
proofs?

>end of the game is an ad for future dlc coming in spring
>nightmare is just tower defense
>banned footage is another escape the room game
>ethan must die is just hoping you get decent RNG

Enjoyed banned footage, but that's about it. Having to remember the exact location of everything and putting it back each time marguerite comes back upstairs was really fun, but then you just stab her and it ends and it makes you think "what was the point of that? to get to Nightmare?"