Sunless Sea thread?

Sunless Sea thread?

if only the game looked like that it would actually be "fun"

From my point of view, fun is artificial

Help, fallen londonbros. What the fuck do I do with this Escaping Devil? I'm tempted to spare him the heartbreak of finding out his love is just a gold-digger by stopping her from going away with him (so he can live with his dream of True Love forever), but I'm also tempted to simply let them be on their way and give it a shot for good or ill.

The game is fun, though, what are you talking about? If you're treating it as a trading sim, you're doing it wrong.

>From my point of view, fun is artificial
Clever.
AURORAL RUPTURE - DAWN MACHINE WAKING

The Escaping Devil's story doesn't have super exclusive rewards for whatever path you take, unlike the Aunt story, so whichever ending you go for is pretty much just up to personal choice.

So, what does everyone think of Sunless Skies? Backed it personally - and kind of disappointed, because it was tempting to get one of the design a port/character rewards and poll Sup Forums for a good idea - and I think it looks pretty good.

>so whichever ending you go for is pretty much just up to personal choice
That's the trouble, though, I've been tossing this choice up since yesterday and I'm torn. So, personally - do you think his affection for her is genuine? I mean, on the one hand he's noted to be an erratic but talented soul-obtainer and Devils are supposed to care only about souls, but on the other he's got literally no reason to cover his bedroom in drawings of her and Devils can apparently feel affection, at least.

Also, what the fuck do I do with the Comtessa when I find her. What did you do? I think I'm just going to smash her so she doesn't regret life, forever.

Personally, I didn't let him in on the secret, and helped him escape. Devils that have actual feelings for people are a rare treasure.

>Devils that have actual feelings for people are a rare treasure.
They are actually capable of having feelings for people? That's cute, j-just like me and my Quiet Deviless, right?
I think I'll let the two of them go on their way, then. Thanks, user.

Since I'm new to FL I don't have much experience with them lore-wise, and between Sunless Sea and a couple of dreams I got the impression they were soul-collecting bees or something of the sort
Also, about the Comtessa - what do you think of the final choice? I'm not there yet (obviously) but I had the decision spoiled to me long before I started the game, when I unwisely read a devpost, so I'm just interested in someone else's opinion.

I haven't been around in a few days.
Did the Sunless Skies user who said he'd let us write his character description 1 word at a time ever deliver?

>Did the Sunless Skies user who said he'd let us write his character description 1 word at a time ever deliver?
Fuck, somebody beat me to it before all the rewards sold out. Sorry user, can't help you - I've been missing threads myself and the archive's been down a lot lately.

>spoiler
100% accurate.

We know very very little about devils and their nature.

That sort of relationship would be a very valuable love story to the bazaar though. The delicacy of it all, two beings of such different nature engaged in love...

Too bad it turned out fake. The Contessa's tale however, that is true love. If only it was mutual.

It's pretty well confirmed that every single human-devil relationship we've seen that didn't involve the Escaping Devil or the Wistful Deviless has been nothing but poisonous. Fuck 'em.

Well, that's... comforting?

>That sort of relationship would be a very valuable love story to the bazaar though. The delicacy of it all, two beings of such different nature engaged in love...
>Too bad it turned out fake.
Well, if I believe in the Bazaar I guess I can't do anything but give them a chance and hope for the best, right? The singer is meant to be kind of a bitch; do you ever find out for sure if the Devil himself is genuine, or what happens to him?
>If only it was mutual
Fucking clay men. If only there was an option to murder him... still, living brokenly is probably a greater punishment, no?

Please don't slander my Quiet Deviless like that. She cares for me for now and she's a terrific source of Confident Smiles besides.

>comforting
It's really not when you consider they're rejects of the Finger Kings' domain.

Well, I meant more in the sense of 'it's comforting to know I can actually interpret some of this game correctly, and they're not going to turn out to be corrupted reflections of humans or something even worse'
But yes, you're right in that there's very little about this world that's comforting in any way I didn't know that

It doesn't come up much. But the more you think about it and the more you fuck with Parabola, the more it makes sense.

>But the more you think about it and the more you fuck with Parabola, the more it makes sense.
Now that you've told me, it does actually make a lot of sense - even with my (admittedly very basic) understand of the setting. After all, it fits perfectly with their pathological opposition to Law, right? I believe the Fingerkings are somewhat similar

Damn, as someone who got into Fallen London entirely through Sunless Sea and these threads, on the one hand it's incredible to go through all of this writing... and on the other hand, I'm partially paralysed by choice because there's all this delicious lore out there to find and experience, sometimes even in failures of checks, so it's like... don't get your qualities /too/ high before you choose everything. Those Destinies at Christmas were sublime, though.

You aren't gonna join the madmen who hunt for Mr. Eaten's name, right?

N-no, of course not. What would give you that idea, user?
Not for another month or so, anyway - since I'm going to make an alt for that, and I want to get my primary account to A Person of Some Importance at least first. I wanna be a Master, after all - and some of the things you can sacrifice as a Seeker are just insane, with the effort it takes to get them. I want to get my main account that far at least before playing them concurrently so that I don't go through all the low-level content back to back and burn out.
I saw Authority and The Road at Christmas, though, which were both amazing.

Thanks for a comfy thread and lore discussion, user - I have to be out for the next couple of hours, but I'll see your answers in the archive if you can be bothered (if the thread doesn't survive). You can always add me if you want to and you don't have me already - I'm JCRedfox
All shall be well.

Wait... does this mean if you're interested in a Devil a bee is fine too?

It's hip to fuck bees.

Yeah, the writing is a lot of fun. I started reading through the inspirations for the writers and then I started running a campaign set in the universe. I like how unreasonably mysterious everything is. But the writing implies the feeling of "This is how things are, what do you mean?". It feels like you are more of an out of the loop outcast.

But I mean, there is some weird shit that happens. People just accept that there is a huge amount of ambiguity in the universe, which is fun.