FFXIV

>Best 1-50 dungeon
>Aurum Vale

what the fuck dude

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PGSnnof--LY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Aurum Vale can be pretty fast with a good party.

>direspecting content

I just started playing MCH. My DPS is garbage on small trash pulls.

How much should I care about that, or should I just worry about boss damage?

Determination or Piety for SCH?

piety is only slightly more useful than dex for SCH.

Str

not very helpful unless you give more context. your item level? how much are you parsing? what level content?

The thing is they're usually not, and they want to pull everything alongside being bad.

does any of the stat weight on healer gear even really matter since you're melding Accuracy anyways

I'm way behind on primals. Anyone on aether up for running a clear party for Thordan and up?

I was fucking around with MCH in PotD 51-60 trying to figure out what my skills do.

I'm a bit more comfortable with it now, but I was doing like 600 DPS on single enemies and around 1100 DPS on the boss with maxed out aether levels.

I was around 400 DPS less on average than with Bard, but I'd imagine Bard parses a little better on trash due to barrage.

Maybe I just need to get used to it. That and it's not like PotD is very meaningful to parse in the first place.

Just wait until SB and do unsynced parties

>play Wanderers Palace for the first time
>everyone hides from the fuckhuge Tonberry
>its fuckin creepy
>later in the dungeon it catches us and stabs one of our dps
>they're completely fine

I feel like I missed out on one of the best dungeons by playing so late.

i guess i might as well at this point. time for unsynced pony farms until june

It was a very fun dungeon way back.

Are Battle Leves sleeper content? For years I've ignored them aside from using levekits to get my crafters to 50 and I've been doing them when I haven't got anything else to do and it seems for the same amount of time, I can blow through 3 battle leves and get a little bit more exp than a beast tribe daily.

man i didn't even know you could survive that now. i remember when WP was THE shit. and hard mode ifrit/ruda/titan were basically savage tier

Amdapor Keep was funny at launch because people can't into Final Sting

battle leves are only useful for the challenge log bonus. even the challenge bonus is better off used for a crafter or gatherer

If you got paired with a shitty group that last group of fuck huge tonberries at the last boss cucked a lot of people from a clear

If you ever have any mana problems as Scholar you are doing something horribly wrong.

I swear to god this shit has increased a lot lately. Literally have to mute 10 bots everytime I enter a city

You're right PotD isn't a very meaningful place to parse since gear scales differently.

At level 60, you should be doing above 1k at all times.

RMT getting bigger now that Stormblood is approaching and NA shitters are buying lots of gil for carry runs and balmung housing.

Accuracy to the cap (unless you are shitter who doesn't want to do DPS), then Crit and SS. Piety is pretty much useless for SCH since you have so much regen and your spells are pretty cheap.

That's what I thought. I had done a quick google search and saw people putting Pie over Det. I've never had mana problems but I thought I could possibly be mass reviving at some points.

I should have known better.

If you need to mass revive people your group has much bigger problems than your mana pool.

listen

listen you filthy fucking gaijin

we all know you're going to buy stormblood you little bitch, so just pre-order

I don't play SCH, but I can imagine Piety becoming useful as you spend more and more time DPSing. Broil isn't cheap.

SCH only has MP problems if they're spamming Adloquium and Succor since they're really expensive for their potencies and reviving a lot.

I already did preorder the collector edition Yoshi-sama, but if it turns out to be HW part 2 tome grind and electric boogaloo then I'll keep playing anyway because I'm a weak faggot (who mains WHM)

If you really want people to preorder, give people a free fantasia for doing so.

Instead we're getting fucking ala nigger earrings and a shitty minion, SE dropped the ball hard on this.

Aetherflow + Energy Drain will regen enough to keep you going.

Pugging hard mode titan when it was new was one of the most hellish things I had to do in FFXIV. Seems like someone would always get knocked off like a retard.

I mean, I can't claim my job was hard during the fight since I just MT'd it, but seriously, how hard can it be not to get punted off the edge or die to bombs?

waiting for a sale
pretty sure i remember buying heavensward for like 30 bucks

I paid $40 for Heavensward on Steam.

It was worth it because I used my Dota 2 betting money and I got to play the game days early.

That was before a lot of the people with high ping figured out that they weren't allowed to play the game.

If I can recall, the netcode for the game was bit different back then. It was a lot easier to get knocked off if your ping wasn't perfect. Even if you were out of the line marker on your screen, the server was behind by a like a second.

it doesn't matter if it's fast, it's still one of the worst dungeons in the game.

I refuse to believe winning anything besides the Consolation Prize on the cactpot is possible

>every Ala Mhigo area will have bagpipes

Now that I think about it I really wonder how you're going to 'get around' Ala Mhigo. You're a non-garlean, non-ala mhigen, and the fucking warrior of light. You kind of stick out.

The game still operates that way, it's just not as bad as it used to be.

You're free to move back into an AoE as soon as the cast has finished, whether the indicator is still there or not.

i got the prize for 1 number match. once.

You know i never realized the bagpipes until i read about them here
they were just there, dont see the disdain towards it

I literally got Heavensward for 15 bones at gamestop and it came with a free copy of A Realm Reborn "to give to a friend". I just used it on myself, though. Best vidya deal I've ever made desu

if you play the game nonstop like some of the people here, the looping bagpipes will get on your nerves after awhile.

it gives me flashbacks to racist elves in FFXI

>bagpipes

I remember FFXIV used to have problems with certain ISPs as well, causing dropped packets and outright refusing to log in sometimes. For my first month with the game, I had to use a VPN to play for some odd reason I was never able to figure out or I'd get DC'd every few minutes. Never had that problem on anything else.

I still haven't even gotten through the 3.0 content yet

What's the state of MCH? Last I remember they had good burst though otherwise were around the level of bard but with a more fiddly rotation.

cuz I'm on steam u fag

There was one patch where it got so bad that skills just straight up didn't register.

You could cure someone and the animation would complete but their health wouldn't move for a few seconds. Game was unplayable for the day.

all their NA datacenters were in canada. that about sums it up

Extremely good in raid content. Arguably has the strongest opener in the game.

A bit underwhelming in normal dungeon content where everything dies too fast for some of their skills to ever be useful.

BOOM BOOM DAMAGE

Amazing in PvP

youtube.com/watch?v=PGSnnof--LY

>were in canada
they're still in canada. I have to use a VPN just to get decent ping because my ISP has poor routing to canada.

Anybody here use Mudfish or is it just a meme?

what's the best way to get unidentifiables now

nobody does A1-4 anymore

That's the VPN I use, they're legit. Better than WTFast in terms of pricing and server choice.

MCH is probably the strongest DPS right now in terms of all around function. Amazing in PVE, Amazing in PVP.

I fucking love bagpipes, can't even be mad

>If I can recall, the netcode for the game was bit different back then
That is true, but it's only part of the story. In reality most people really were just bad. I played with 200 ms back then and never had issues with Titan because I have eyes, hands and a working brain.

this laggy shit still happens today with passing tethers and when people move on your screen, stormblood better fix this shit.

To be fair, at 200DPS you'd almost be forced to play Tank or RDPS for most fights.

You weren't dodging Titan shit in 200ms ping unless you were already moving before the cast. Which is totally possible to do but still beyond most people.

>we prespread for broken seal
>the opposing ice pair books it across the field to the point that was closer to us
>wtf dude why did you go to our spot
>sorry, lag XD

I hate the idleshire music so much. It drives me crazy when I don't have the music muted. Fuck that place. What a shit hole.

FFXIV has been 0/2 in terms of endgame hubs so far. I really don't like this system of lego towns that look like complete shit for 9 months and just house vendors.

Great to hear. Might pick it up again someday if I ever learn not to tunnel on the castbar.

to be fair I had plenty of broken seal fuck ups due to lag. peoples characters would appear to be lagging when moving on my screen and it was hard to tell who was going where if you didn't prespread far enough.

i would honestly, HONESTLY much rather they used Ishgard as the end game hub. You're already there all the time in the MSQ anyways, make the best city in the game properly lively.

Poetics, centurio and allied seals

>newfags don't even stack on titan's butt these days
Can always tell who did the fight when it was relevant cause they either stack or line and move preemptively.

A1-4 was never the best way to get unidentifiables.

You'll probably just be running around to different resistance camps. Instead of starting in the city and ending up in the idlehub like in HW, you'll start in the big Rhalgr statue idlehub and end up in the city once it's liberated.

Tank or DPS.

And Why?

more like we'll be in big rhalgr idlehub and in 4.3 there will be 3 more big rhalgrs in there and a useless building

Probably going to go either way with the role system being unveiled. Same as Red Mage's DPS/Healer.

my character has a legacy mark

thats all i wanted to say

That's how I got my unidentifiables and it worked out well since every single A1-4 fight had a bonus in it. Was also getting decent lore.

Tank because they're too pussy to add two dps in one expac.

Tank, just so DPS SAMfags cry delicious tears

Would you guys like 8 man dungeons to come back if it had story like 4 man dungeons

DPS, just so Tank SAMfags cry delicious tears

It's enough to deal with 3 retards.

8 man dungeon is fun

seriously the more people involved the less people try fuck the people that play this game

8 man dungeons would be neat but only if they did shit like having segments where half the party would have to go one direction and the other half goes a different direction, and some kind of coordination besides wailing on shit.

Japs love the idea of Samurai being honorable warriors too much to depict them stabbing enemies in the back exclusively. They're gonna be tanks.

Why would it need story? Anyway I dunno..I would rather they just put more bosses in raids.

4u, maybe.
>mfw selling titan runs to bads for their relics

Why are servers still in Canada

>tfw people still cant beat Titan Ex

>cleared titan ex in df
feels good
also got commends because i was a sprout

>there's gonna be a cutscene where some friendly NPC is dying and my healer main WoL just stands there nodding like an asshole