I'm absolutely bored out of my mind

I'm absolutely bored out of my mind.

I need a new game. I was just playing Diablo II: Lord of Destruction for the past couple of months but with all the "Failed To Join" and "Realm Down" IP bans for literally just playing the game I had to quit.

I need a game with a loot system like Diablo but I don't want to get into Path of Exile and I don't want to pay for WoW.

What's a more modern game I should be playing? What are you playing that's kept you entertained for a couple of months?

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!UQkzFDiJ!jC9BtZJLc-vkY6QL8K8b1Xgq5IiVUoieprRH4AhrnPY
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Try Torchlight, i've heard good things about the crafting system.

Not giving PoE a shot is stupid since it's EXACTLY what you want. Wait until the 3rd of next month and try the new league. It's great if you liked D2 and want something long term.

If not, just go Grim Dawn or some shit.

How's the singleplayer? I think I'm looking for more of a singleplayer experience.. I've had enough of other people.

MedianXL
It's basically D2 on steroids, minus the autistic-levels of currency grinding of PoE and the casual deadbrained spammy shite that is D3

Grim Dawn is pretty good too

I gave PoE a try when it first came out and they were advertising it via spambots of D2. It just seemed way too daunting. I literally had no clue what I was doing. Is it more polished now?

seconding median xl here.

Torchlight is incredibly easy the whole way through and just not very interesting
As far as the Diablo genre goes it's about as run-of-the-mill and plain as you can get

I'm going to take a serious look at Grim Dawn but for now let's shift away from what are basically diablo clones. Are there any addictive first person games with decent loot systems that aren't borderlands?

There's powercreep, so I'd say things are easier. There's been a few QoL things, but we're probably not going to drop down to only two difficulties until around June.

Thing is, its complexity is what gives it longevity, but it really truly is not daunting to learn. The skill tree actually doesn't offer as much choice as you would think since you build buy grabbing good keystones and then pathing to them grabbing either life or energy shield.

The way I got my dumbfuck friend into it was having him copy a popular streamer's build. It gets you in the game with no theorycrafting and the next time you reroll you already know what you need to do to make shit work.

If you can play Diablo 2 you can play POE, it's not like a 4X game or anything. When the game is too simple, it gets boring pretty fast, imho. That's what happened to me with D3 and Torchlight. I love GD, but I'd rather play PoE and trade for items. I don't group at all and still make it to level 90 on most characters.

Oh boy, here I go downloading PoE again.

The current league is in its last weeks, just a FYI. New one is on the 3rd or you could wait until June for a complete expansion which will be likely to remove a difficulty with the addition of Act 5.

I'd say give it a thorough go. Maps are 100 times more fun than the story leveling, so if you get to maps and it's not clicking, it probably never will.

add to what user said, the only thing to learn in POE is how to price items and it's honestly just seeing what other people sell shit for

>I need a new game
>I need a game with a loot system like Diablo
>What's a more modern game I should be playing?

Well the answer to that is very obvious.

If you have the system, then yeah, this is a good choice. Shadow Warrior 2 ain't too bad either. Guns suck dick, though.

Looks fun as hell but I only have my PeeCee, senpai.

I got this demo from the Humble Monthly, this game comes out in two weeks. It's a Metroidvania which is kinda close I guess?

Demo is fun as hell, dunno why they only gave it to Humble Monthly subscribers instead of just throwing it out there.
mega.nz/#!UQkzFDiJ!jC9BtZJLc-vkY6QL8K8b1Xgq5IiVUoieprRH4AhrnPY

Shadow Warrior 2, then. I fucking love POE, though

Had that game on my steam wishlist. I guess its time I bought it!

oh that's too bad.
It's rare to have a game focused on a loot system AND with amazing combat. Getting the perfect build for Diablo3 is fun and all but once you are chewing through greater rights just spamming your rotation (if you can even call it that) while standing in place and only looking out for insta-kill AoE attacks to avoid, things get boring really fast.

NioH somehow manages to has a loot system just as deep (deeper still, with reforging each individual stat) and having amazingly fun combat that has more systems/depth than the typical Souls game.

Not trying to fanboy but you ought to invest on a pee-esse-four sooner rather than later, not like it costs much nowadays.

For PC-only games, try out the first Mech Commander, might sound like a strange game for what you're looking for, but killing enemy mechs efficiently so that you can harvest all of their good stuff, and building up your weapons/mech army is very addicting.

If you want a isometric Diablo-like looking game that is actually hard to play and requires skill (because there are no OP builds or items, even taking a single hit is extremely punishing) then get Gauntlet. It's way more fun as a co-op game and I'm not sure if its dead on PC by now, but if you ever wondered what Diablo with difficulty and fun added in would be like then try this game. It's not that long though, but not expensive either.

Helldivers is also a blast, while there are strong strategies/items you can use to make it easier, it's still a challenge. Once again, better as a co-op game.

>chewing through greater rights
greater rifts*

fuck

I figured that's what you meant. I have gauntlet. It was fun as hell!

Although it's still nothing compared to gauntlet legends for the N64!

Play PoE.
If you don't want to play PoE then try Warframe.
Then Play PoE.