ITT: Things in vidya that never bothered you

ITT: Things in vidya that never bothered you.

Grinding.

Aiming Down Sights

It's not so much that it doesn't bother you, but you do not understand the issue at all

Shitty voice acting.

Black Protagonist

same

Button mashing.

random crits

sexism

Now you're just trying to be edgy and different you nigger lover

Simple games.

complete absence of cut scenes.

>Enter area at dusk as the sun is setting
>Most of the game takes place at night
>Final level ends with the sunrise/mid-day
I fucking always love this, bonus points if the final level at dawn is the same location as the start of the game

Lack of Diversity.

health regen, I actually like making regen builds in games that have the option

Are there even any games that do that lately? Particularly button-mashing like God Hand does

bad voice acting

I'm deaf

Artificial difficulty

Time limits.

It being "too video-game-y"

That's a nice crit you have there, would be a shame if something happened to it

That's not an example of shitty voice acting, it's amazing.

Gay pandering, even bad

>Abloo bloo bloo

>muh linearity

Anti-piracy measures

QTEs in beat-em-ups.

I mean I'd rather not have them, but they aren't
annoying enough to make me dedicate an entire
video essay to saying they're cancer.

rip

explain the issue

health regeneration

Cave Story was a beautiful game.

trees

Paying for a subscription service that I know I will utilize for my money's worth, while also being aware that $60 a year isn't any significant amount of money as it will not have an impact on how I live in the future.

Unrealistic.

Extreme Russian bias.

Also happens to suffer the effect of

Cinematic experiences

Is this suppose to be some weird satire?

Pretty much anything that is disregarded nowadays as "too video gamey" by modern (shitty) devs.

It's one of the most brilliant comics Sup Forums has ever produced, comparable if not exceeding "look how hard can I pee".

Graphics.

Shitty poly, pixel art, ASCII, motherfucking text adventures who gives a shit. Imagination and gameplay is what matters. A watered down wanna-be movie piece of shit with photorealistic graphics is just a turd with lipstick.

Man I love Street of Rage

Microtransactions

When the game is more like a visual novel than a game

fuck yourself

yes im mad

not sure who I'm supposed to siding with in that image .-.

What're you mad about?

Why?

microtransactions single-handedly destroyed most of the game industry. At first it was confined to online games, but since it's caught on, now even most AAA single player games have shit that you have to pay extra for if you want the complete package. And people who think "meh, whatever" are the reason it flies

>You can't truly experience the game until you beat it in a banana suit instead of the default costume!
frig off.

You should play more games besides the shit that EA or Ubisoft produce

That's the thing though, it used to just be aesthetic things. But now they just shave off cool quests and story elements to sell them back to you day one "for only $5 each"! And you wind up with shit like ME3 where you have to pay >$200 to get all of the content on day one.

the issue is for example reflex sights still shows the whole picture when the focus is in the sights, and usually your face is glued to the butt stock so it shows an inaccurate representation of hold a weapon.

Doesn't matter if the sight is far away on the upper receiver, it's still wrong,

see

I don't mind the two weapon limit in halo.

I don't understand why people hated it so much back then.

I seem to recall the /fit/ guy doing the killing. Must be my imagination from seeing other comics where the fat guy is shown being wrong.

Any Mass Effect 1 shortcoming.

EA, Ubisoft, Square Enix, Blizzard, Nintendo, Sony...

I said AAA games. I realize that some small devs still don't do it, but it's getting rarer and rarer. You really don't have a position to argue from

I literally can't name a game I've played where this is an issue. Stop playing weebshit.

I'm not shitting you user I literally never had that problem

That's the joke.

when most people complain about ADS they say it slows the game down and is basically a concession for consoles

He didn't deserve to be hit.

DOGS OF THE AMS

>"immserion"

Wow, fucking broke immersion by misspelling it. Has to be intentional.

Navi
She was the only one who truly shared Link's adventure in Hyrule. Her presence brought respite to an otherwise lonely journey.
Her voice acting was also quite striking given how little voice acting there was in Ocarina.

Comfy

language, multiplayer

how many fingers am I holding up

I don't mind little to no AA and games running at low resolutions.

Mechanically, I don't mind weapon durability, weight limits or weapon limits.

bad UI or graphics

Marble Garden Zone

Never got why people sperg out over it

Carnival Night on the other hand...

it's long repetitive and boring

I loved the tense atmosphere of the whole DLC, and continue to love it every time I replay

i think crits now ignores the shield

Games running at 30 FPS

Piracy

also

This fucking cat.

Navi

I never once thought she was annoying.

Making fun of touchy subjects.

The repetition in Halo CE

Laws in FFTA.

Because we all play video games for accurate firearms handling? How about sweeping your whole squad during a nice walk in CoD? Firing an RPG in front of your teammate, and him being fine? That doesn't bother you, but ADS does?

Spotted the noguns.

Western games. I cant enjoy Japanese games because most of them looking so fucking dated. I wont be paying the extra 20 bucks if it looks like it came from 5 years ago.

mascot characters

except tama from world of final fantasy

everything but a fps is fine in 30 fps

They were nearly always in your favour, I didn't get the big deal.

I said AAA games. I realize that some small devs still don't do it, but it's getting rarer and rarer. You really don't have a position to argue from

Addendum: Name some games that do this?

badass women in armor

>ADS they say it slows the game down

COD has ADS, and probably one of the fastest games out there. It's also one of the blandest.

any game with ADS would be faster without it, COD included

Unbalanced fighting games, I don't plan to play against world champions and when I play with my friends I don't use literally every trick that I know

same, if you don't play on random character all the time it's just no fun

They're pretty easy, why would anyone have a problem with them?

I need to get around to playing that someday

30fps

PC folks are obsessed about trashing that.