Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Y8u403Tt_Mk
youtube.com/watch?v=kHPxjN3lhO4
youtu.be/ltKFv68Zw0A?t=13
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_songs_in_Rock_Band_4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_downloadable_songs_for_the_Rock_Band_series
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

WoR > GH:M > GH3 > GH2 > GH: Live > GH: 80's > GH5 > GH1 > GH:WT > Shit > GH:VH

GH3 was the first of the bad ones IMO. The setlist was pretty good but the design was shit through-and-through, hammer-ons were completely fucked, star-power was useless, the vs modes were horribly unbalanced and all the characters looked like horrifying goblins.

Fuck activision for raping the series into the ground, I've always been a Harmonix fanboy.

Harmonix is great. I wish that RB4 was able to get onto the PC.

If you skipped 2 maybe.

GH2 > GH3 > GH:80's > GH:M > GH1 > GH5 > GH:A > GH:WoR > GH:WT > GH:VH
I didn't play Live.

tl;dr
Harmonix > Neversoft

>infinite forward hopo window

>star-power was useless
How? It's exactly the same as in 2.

RIP Guitar Hero

>GH threads always make me want to replay it.
>controller for Wii broke years ago
>go to try and find one for PS3
>almost all the listings don't have the wireless dongle needed for the damn thing to actually work

I got 90% on freebird yesterday
last time I played it I couldn't even get to the end of the song
so that's progress

Close.

Correct. Best setlist, best difficulty scaling, best UI. Rock Band guitars always sucked shit though.

Gh3 > Gh: WT = WoR > Gh2 > Gh1 > Gh5

Best Western rhythm game of all time.

Nah, in GH2, star power drain was faster or slower depending on the tempo of the song. It was more fair when you activated it on a slower song because the star power would drain a bit slower. In GH3 (and I think GH4), the star power drained at the same rate for every song, so it would be really useful for fast/heavy songs but almost useless for slower songs or interludes.

Also the star-power combos in GH3 were absurd sometimes, requiring you to master like two bars of a song just to get some. Maybe it's just me being a nitpicky autist but I definitely noticed it as a mark of carelessness on Activision's part. A lot of the design was careless IMO, like it was a cheap knockoff of Guitar Hero.

>tfw endless setlist 2

MY NAME IS JONAS AND I'M....

I like 3 for the keyboard and pro guitar.

At least we're getting Rock Band VR.

>bought a full RB4 set (with 2 guitars, drums, mic and the game) in an auction last year for £70

If you have a non-GameStop used game store near you, try it out. I was able to get a really good condition RB3 guitar for 20 bucks, story had a bunch of GH2/3/WoR stuff too.

fact: Cliffs of dover was the best song

>tfw doing Balls of Steel online with a friend

We were playing such a dangerous game and didn't even realize it until after it was over.

Series started to go downhill at GH3, GH2's engine was far superior. GH3 was too easy timing window was too large and HOPO's being able to be held ahead of time was just stupid.

Ready to make eye contact with the cute bassist?

youtube.com/watch?v=Y8u403Tt_Mk

>GH Live devs got bought out by Ubisoft
>Harmonix failed to crowdfund a PC port of RB4
Are rhythm games dead?

Here's some actual gameplay.
youtube.com/watch?v=kHPxjN3lhO4

Did this shit on expert years ago, was worried about Visions after playing for 6 hours being one of the last songs. Was nice having Let There Be Rock about 4-5 hours in because there was a break in the guitar for over a minute giving enough time for a piss break.

>Freestyle by default

>They finally added online multiplayer to RB4
>but you need to buy an expansion pack to get it

Is RB4 worth the buy? Or should I stick to RB2?

>southpark fractured but whole got delayed
>the studio that made rocksmith is working on it

Maybe?

It's alright.
They've added a lot of stuff since launch and you can import all your old DLC songs and exported songs into it.

RB3 prokeys is where its at.

youtu.be/ltKFv68Zw0A?t=13

Does this gameplay look terrible compared to buttons scrolling down a track to everyone else or am I just a faggot who hates change?

Freestyle sucked when they did it for solos in RB4.

Oh, I didn't know they tried it before. Last one I played was 3. Is it the only way to play Rockband VR?

No, there's apparently an option to switch to the old scrolling notes.

Man, there is just a bunch of unfitting artists that Harmonix added as DLC to RB4 recently
>Meghan Trainor
>LMFAO
>Jason Derulo
>Pharell Williams
>Bastille
At least they finally brought back 'Chop Suey'.

Sweet. I was not that into Rockband before, so I'm not buying the whole VR thing to play this one, but I'll have to find a way to try it at least once.

Check to see if many of the new songs in 3 or 4 are something you'd be interested in. I made the mistake of getting 3 and almost none of the newer songs interested me.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_songs_in_Rock_Band_4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_downloadable_songs_for_the_Rock_Band_series

Neversoft shoulda kept making Tony Hawk games.

If anyone cares, it's still possible to export songs from RB3, RB Blitz, and the RB Track Disks.
Blitz and Track Disk export is free, but RB3 export costs $15.