Sup Forums memed me into buying this hot steaming pile of garbage

>Sup Forums memed me into buying this hot steaming pile of garbage

What the fuck, I thought it'd be like Shogun II with fantasy units instead I have 8 bazillions different types of units moving at the speed of sound across flat shitty map

I thought it was a Total War game not fucking Warcraft what the fuck

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4tPPLLPZfm4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>fantasy game
>why can't I make a yari ashigaru wall and win the game?

bought it when it was new because warhammer, never played a total war game before, grew to hate it quickly because too complicated and boring, ended up doing most of my campaign battles with auto battle until i ended my campaign. never played it again ever since and uninstalled it today. waste of time and money.

It's easily the worst TW game ever released. The only thing it has going for it is nice graphics, but even then it's a pain the ass. It's like they've increased the level of detail to the point that it's difficult to see what's happening on the battlefield.

I've gone back to playing the Beginning of The End Times mod for Medieval 2:TW. So much better.

Warcraft has more depth than Warhamemr TW.

>I-I'm not an idiot, it's the game that sucks!

well the second person posts a 40k facebook frog.

Hear me out

At least this looks like a real battle
Now when I imagined the autistic Warhammer universe in Total War I expected at the very least the same neat looking battles we had in the previous games but with Orcs and whatnot, and not this fucking moba-like where everyone moves so fucking fast everywhere on a tiny flat map

Yeah I think I'll go back to Shogun 2 to remove the bad taste in my mouth the game has given me

I'm so fucking mad

you do know that there are plenty of mods that can slow down the battle to your liking?
>moba

oh so you are literally retarded.

If you need mods to fix blatant shitty game design then the game is not worth being played

>moba
>oh so you are literally retarded

Don't act like it's not true
It's the first new Total War game since Shogun I've played and damn if they changed the gameplay to stupid fast paced RTS style

the base game design is faster because this isn't weeb nippon simulator.
And you are whining that a game that has dragons, wizards and demons isn't as realistic as a game that deals with feudal japan.

Why are you being focused on the Jap based game part of the argument

Take any other pre Rome II Total Wars and you didn't have units rushing each other at sanic speed

>And you are whining that a game that has dragons, wizards and demons isn't as realistic as a game that deals with feudal japan
Never played Rome II but isn't the gameplay almost the same pacing-wise?

Beside the "IT HAS DRAGONS BRO STOP SEARCHING REALISM XDDD" nigger argument makes no sense here, I'm not criticizing any absent food/attrition gestion or questioning where they got gunpowder or how it is physically possible to summon creatures or stuff like that, I am criticizing the switch in what made the TW games memorable, unique and enjoyable

Nigger

I didn't even like the game but this is giving me cancer.

Is it better to have a grand strategy game with no
viable fucking siege weapons?

I don't really see what you're talking about nor the link between those two games but alright

>switch
your average total war game was just as fast. Weeb sim 2 has pretty fast battles where you can cheese armies with archers. Full stack battles in total warhammer take plenty of time as it is.

>Full stack battles in total warhammer take plenty of time as it is.
the nu-gamer everyone. Can't keep his attention focused for more than 15 min, needs APM distraction to stay interrested.

>you do know that there are plenty of mods that can slow down the battle to your liking?

Blatant fucking lie. You have no idea what you're talking about. I tried them all and discussed with the creators, that's not at all what they're intended to do.

>slower combat mod is not intended to slow the combat

I'm at a loss for words for how stupid you are.

>nu gamer
>he doesn't know how vanilla total war even works
Total war had fast as fuck battles where scratching someone in the rear made them crumble almost immediately.
Just because your knowledge of total war comes from gooknip simulator where no one has shields and cavalry is utter dogshit doesn't mean total war combat works the way you think it works.

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=691006940
>What does it do? In general it slows down the combat for tactical battles while it still remains dynamic and fun.

>Total Warhammer
>too complicated

>doesnt like unit variety

thats your own fucking opinion dipshit

youre not providing any kind of factual argument about why you hate the game besides
>hurr durr too many units!

some people like a lot of unit variety, and thats why the games always on the top sellers on steam

your shitty opinions not worth a thread

>I..It's the game's f..fault.
>I'm n..not a c..complete shitter.

>too complicated

You can literally run a 20 stack into anything and win wtf man

I dare you to win an end game battle with a stack of zombies and black coaches led by a Kemmler

>the most casual dumbed down game in the series
>too complicated

I can't even sympathize with you. Are you like, 15? My problem with Total War is it gets tedious as fuck and auto resolve leads to horrendous casualties 10x higher than what I can do, but when you fight 5 fullstacks in a row you just want to get it over with already.
And the AI cheats like fuck too, but mods fix this usually.

And TWH doesn't have mods.
But I would never accuse any Total War game of being "complicated" you troglodyte. You want complicated? Play the Europa Barbarorum mod for the original Rome, then you can complain about it being "too complicated."

Until then get the FUCK out.

Auto resolve

Shogun "fort siege simulator" 2 is almost the same speed unless you play like a huge faggot which you never have to

You know how vampire armies work right?

>And TWH doesn't have mods.

It's ok since the ai brings a 20 stack of swordsmen

Fuck off retard. Again you have no idea what you're talking about and you obviously didnt even fucking try it.

Which is again, not at all what you expect but you're too retarded to understand the word 'slowing' has different nuances for different people.

Is building and recruit better units the difficult part or is it the combat user? I really wonder how anyone can think of this game as complicated

Does it?
Last I heard the Denuvo stuff was preventing that, but I'm clearly out of the loop. Does it have any overhaul mods? That actually change AI behavior and shit, like in the past games?

Today they announced that we can make our own maps for campaign. Map editor looks good. We can make every goddamn square on the map different if we had the ambition.

Anyways if that is your problem with it that'll help. Not going to lie I have my own other problems with the game and I get your ire. At least it is $12

In tabletop yes

In the game cost for cost that is the worst army possible (assuming quick battle where players have preset gold limits to fight ai with equal gold).

Why the hell are you asking me?

Where did I say Shogun 2 wasn't a hectic rollerblade frenzy? Right, nowhere.

Medieval 2 and Rome could have phases in multiplayer where both sides would purely maneuver for 20 min without even engaging. That's gone now because the unit speed and casualty rate makes anything but charging head on a suicidal decision.

It changes the campaign ai but not combat ai

In what fucking dictionary does that mod not fall under the definition of slow?

Are you looking for fucking turn based battles?

theres like 6 major overhaul mods.
I would recommend you use a mix and match of several mods to suit your own tastes.

Weeb Simulator 2 is my favorite in the series, Total Warhammer is probably third now. Git fucking gud OP.

I can't go back to Medieval 2 now, even with Stainless Steel and other overhauls. The camera, speed of the campaign map, the UI, and a dozen other nitpicks keep me from getting into it again.

>Today they announced that we can make our own maps for campaign.

Why are you lying?

I'm too retarded the post. Literally said too complicated for the most dumbed down Total War.

How about instead of going full autismo about people not following your own personal definition of the word slow, when you haven't even defined it, you just tell us exactly how you want the battles to be and how the mod fails to achieve that.

>modder who makes the game literally reduces unit movement speed and attack animations.

>it's not slow.

>no skaven

>comparing MP to SP
good shit retard.

youtube.com/watch?v=4tPPLLPZfm4
Why would I lie?

Is the combat AI actually functional in this game?

Mixing and matching overhaul mods? That's called I want my game to crash in all the past Total War games. They don't sound much like overhauls if you can mix and match.

Under the definition that you didn't even try it but you're basing your entire judgment on the name alone. So basically, you don't know what you're talking about.

>Moving goalpost

Don't use words you don't understand.

Holy shit this is actually amazing

Sorry.

Yesterday they announced that we can make our own maps for campaign.

>wooow they die so fast and battles are so short in this game compared shogun
>shogun is just as fast lul did i ever say it wasn't ;)))

I know that feel

Mix and match smaller mods to better personalize your experience instead of taking an overhaul that may do a bunch of things you like, but probably also fucks around with some things that you don't.

not overhaul mods.
I would recommend you mix and match mods instead of going for full overhauls.

For example, my mods don't clash with overhauls but someone else's might.

Just as bad as any tw game

Rome 1 is just as fast. Medieval 2 is the odd one out of the series that is slow as fuck.

You realize he did not slow anything in the end right? He stated in the comments that he just adjusted some stats to give ranged and flanking more of a chance, not make the battles last half an hour.

Except they reduce running by a minimal amount and increase moral effects and units attack value to make battles last just as long.

For them slowing down means, allow for flanking maneuvers and ranged action to be viable, nothing else.

>Let me go back to the game with copy and paste factions

Instaroute Gaulish infantry, mop up with equite.

THE DAAAYYYY IS OUUUUUURS

>It's a "Shitter doesn't know how to use heroes" episode

The game might be bad, but you're fucking trash at it.

The only thing that prevents me from getting into the older TWs is really just the fact you can only replenish losses in cities and you gotta buy them. The reinforcement system from Shogun 2 is just too nice, even if it is a big casualization.

The game was always too fucking tedious without it. Especially on long campaigns once you started running into doomstacks.

You could always add smaller mods to an overhaul. My favorite mod for Rome 2 is the combat overhaul that slows combat down significantly, and I attached like 12 mini mods to that.
But whatever, the Humble Monthly's gonna give me TWH soon so I guess I'll figure out what mods there are.

I'd say I'm disappointed but then I preordered Rome 2 so if a TW game actually disappoints me at this point I'd probably go full Not Important.

>"moving goalposts" is a word
>"Proper Combat Mods" alone tells everyone this mod slows down combat

Either English is not your first language or you are madder than Hillary voters a week after the election.

>flanking is viable now.
>longer battles takes a lot of time because maneuvering your forces takes time.

I liked medieval 1 pacing the most. Rtw was too fast without mods, medieval 2 is the closest to mtw 1, but with mods again, but ugly ui and its instability with mids, when it chashes constantly even in the menu, is a letdown. Still hope fot mtw 3, but doubt it will be any better in terms of battle pace than any other newer total wars. Didnt play wtw, though.

In OP's defense, Shogun II was the best TW game.

Adding custom battles map to the campaign map, not make your own campaign map. Which is fucking nothing.

Fucking retards.

Almost made me hope a total conversion would be possible. Which is the only reason you should mod total war.

No question, his reasons however for liking it are fucking dumb though.

>"moving goalposts" is a word
Yeah, they're words. Are you retarded?

>alone tells everyone this mod slows down combat
Which is a lie, something I've said from the begining.

Back to r/the_donald, dumb motherfucker.

The mod isn't meant to make battles last longer. Period. I can dig through the comments where he repeated it over and over, and so did the 5 other main mods for combat.

>populate the entire map with any kinds of settlements that you want
>it's nothing.
wee.

You're literally fucking retarded and it doesn't even have to do with your taste. It has to do with the fact that the main, biggest problem you mention with the game, is solved so painfully easily in-game and without the use of mods, that it's honestly kind of pathetic what a fucking loser you are.

It's like coming in and complaining that the game sucks because you can't change the resolution or something, but you never even fucking bothered to check the game setting options. And I think the reason is, because you didn't even fucking think, to check. You're just a dunce, plain and simple.

Your twoops are running from da battle.
SHAMEFUR DISPRAY

>total war is too complicated
fuck this place any more. I'm so done with this place.

>increased morale and reduced movement rate don't make battles last longer.

I stand by my scolding. Total Warhammer is a bad game and falsely advertised. I bought into it expected a video game version of the board game without moving around of plastic or rulebook reading, what i got what an overhyped, boring and slow tinsoldier simulator for which you need to take a video tutorial class for hours on end to even understand basic functionalities of the game. This is neither what I wanted or expected. I don't know or care about Total War, that's your problem. And you can gladly keep it to yourself.

They don't if they're counterbalanced by super flanking, charge and moral collapse bonuses which these mods will usually add.

Proper combat is meant for a bit more maneuvering but ultimately a fast, hectic engagement that will be decided in less than 1 minute. I played these mods for hundreds of hours I'm tired of lecturing people who only believe in superficial knowledge.

Anyone knows good combat mods for Attila? DEI was the best for me, but it died like a year ago, no new versions of it. By good i mean more or less realistic: shields do not count as armour, so that arabian peasant is not more heavily armoured than cataphract, spears do not mean auto win against any existing cavalry, archers not workiang as miniguns and so on.

>Total Warhammer is a bad game and falsely advertised
It was advertised as Total War meets Warhammer, not a tabletop simulator.

Yeah, it's fucking nothing.

Come back when you make third age total war possible.

Fucking shill.

>super flanking
which can be responded to because units move slower.
>charge and morale collapses.

infantry with charge defense generally last a lot longer when attacked from the front because their morale is higher. You have to support your front line with captains or generals so that they don't eventually crumble.

And combat lasts for more than one minute if you don't flank and destroy their morale.

>adds tools that allow you to add stuff to the game
>SHILL REEE

Why would you even want it? Warhammer has everything lotr does and more.

Shogun II literally started the racecar speed units

>I bought into it expected a video game version of the board game without moving around of plastic or rulebook reading

It was advertised as a Total War game with Warhammer factions, flavor, and story. There were videos of gameplay for weeks before it ever went on sale.

What you 'expected' doesn't mean jack shit, you mentally ill little aspie fuck. You could have looked it up and known exactly what you were getting, but instead, like all aspie fucks, you think you know all about something the moment you hear it mentioned.

It's not a bad game just because you didn't like it and didn't look up even the smallest amount of information about what the Total War franchise is.

You made it sounds like they were allowing you to edit the map. Which is the most important thing every modders expect. And you did so on purpose because you're shilling for the game trying to damage control and have something to answer for every counterpoint brought out.

Stop sperging you fucking shill and move on to another thread to shill in.

>which can be responded to because units move slower.
Do you even know how much he slowed down the units? 10% at best, depending on the update he even brings it back to vanilla values. You're speaking to someone who did his own submob of proper combat.

No, he was very clear. You just have very poor reading comprehension.

If editing the campaign map is the most important thing every modders expect, then maybe they should have made use of the campaign editor they were given with Shogun 2 and CA would have bothered to make a new one for Warhammer.

Med2 > Sho2 > Rome1 > Empire > Napoleon > Ssho1 > Med1 >>>> WH >>>>>>>>>>> Rome2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Attila

>what I expected was something the game wasn't advertised to be and spending even two minutes looking at what the game was advertising itself as would have fixed my problem entirely

You literally only have yourself to blame.

>then maybe they should have made use of the campaign editor they were given with Shogun 2

What the fuck are you talking about? CA never released a campaign map editor.
Someone managed to recreate a map of england after 4 years of hacking the files lines by lines, no one has made a functional campaign map editor so far.

And the assets in Shogun2 are garbage to start with. No reason to move on from medieval 2 which is where all the conversion mods sit at by the thousands.

I figure this is as good a thread as any to ask this.

I got the game recently and I love greenskins. But I keep getting my ass kicked in the early stages of the campaign. Dwarves fuck me up nearly every time, even when I win, and I'm not sure what I should be doing differently.

Any advice?

Maybe you should boot up the assembly kit before you start acting like you speak for modders. Shogun 2 has campaign editing tools.

>Ignoring all the medieval 2 mods
They're the proof CA needs.

>no you cant edit the map
>oh you can but its got shit for assets

God.

CA has learnt from GW.

Sure you can change other stuff but you gotta pay for the important shit.

The only thing they allow you to do is edit campaign AI behavior and change province borders/add cities.

Please stop disguising the truth mr shill. Thx.

Proof that modders can only create assets for a decade old game and not the new one that they spent a lot of time makings tools for that one mod used.

>oh you can
Where did I say that?