Nier Automata PC cancelled?

It's more likely than you think.

>Steam logo removed from all marketing materials (including older trailers that had it)

>Steam/Windows logos removed from official site as well Platinum's own page for the game

>less than 2 weeks to PS4 release and still complete silence on release date

>Heavy Sony promotion and top billing at all events

The writing's on the wall. I don't think it will even be a delayed release, it's just not happening any more. The only question is: Why?

Denuvo being utterly destroyed and fully cracked might have had a part to play as SE's recent PC releases were contingent on Denuvo protection, but the most likely reason is that Sony decided this was going to be one of PS4's 'killer apps' for 2017 and moneyhatted for total exclusivity, as they have done in the past. The amount of promotion Sony has done for the game would heavily support this alongside the absence of the Steam/PC Windows logos on new marketing material and their removal from past material that did have them.

It sucks that it had to end this way, but that's business. At least you all still have a couple of weeks to get a PS4 so you can play it day one.

Other urls found in this thread:

gamerant.com/nier-automata-xbox-one-ps4-pro/
youtube.com/watch?v=eLZGZmqK00k
store.na.square-enix.com/product/418950/nier-automata-pc-download
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Not really

Has any game really been cancelled for a multiplat release like this? You seem to be willfully believing that the absence of the logo would mean anything when its clear a ps4 release is ahead, not to mention steam isnt marketed often anyways

>got blown the fuck out in the last thread
>starting it again

pathetic.

Considering the team said that they would be willing to port to the switch, I doubt they would not have a pc port in mind.

I want the PC version because I'll probably find a Steam Key of it for cheap on some random site.

On PS4, I'd have to spend $60.

It's almost like Sony is wasting more money on making a game a timed exclusive again.

>Has any game really been cancelled for a multiplat release like this?
The first Witcher comes to mind.

The first witcher console port was a mess, I believe. Outsourced and the studio fucked up so badly it wasted less money to cancel it. Witcher 2's decent sales basically saved them.

Timed exclusive doesn't mean erase all trace of other platforms the game is coming on

wew

guess who didnt buy drakengard 3 because it was exclusive?
me

guess what happens if nier is exclusive
i wont buy it

this is how sales work, enjoy not getting money

>Heavy Sony promotion and top billing at all events

You already answered your own question about why all the steam logos and such have been removed.

Wouldn't surprise me if Sony payed for timed exclusivity.

I'd be really bummed out if this was the case.

Guess who fucked your mum yesterday

Didn't they just say at PSX that they've had their eye on it and that it was an exclusive?

so you haven't played any game in the series yet? lol

Was she exclusive?

When is it coming to xbox one?

the pic you shown is the day one edition. why would they put a steam logo on it if it comes later?

>one of the few games I was looking forward to playing on PC this year

I was going to actually buy this game.

>n-no

You say it like they're good games.
Nier was the only good game in the series. I was gonna get 2, but its not on the Xbone even though the first game was on the 360.

>wasting money
If you actually believe that, I'm afraid you've got brain damage.

To be or not to be
not to be on PC

if it sells good they will. not sure why when it would end up just being an extra 50k sales. though maybe including nier 1 with it thru BC would be a big increase

exclusives exist only now because sony pays for them to stay. other than their own sony studio titles, they all remain niche. even bloodborne

Holy shit user, are you really this retarded? I blew you the fuck out by ORDERING THE GAME literally last thread, and you're still trying?

It was just an example of Steam logos being conspicuously absent

Go look at the other trailers before this, no Steam logo

I don't think any of them have it now, which means they went back and reuploaded older trailers with the Steam logo removed

why do that if the game is supposedly coming to Steam too? Because it's not anymore.

>SONY Playstation youtube video
>having any reference to other version of the game

The PC version will come, but right now its SONY show and they ain't having any of those shit in their ad.

well you're possibly in luck xbro if it sells well on ps4 and pc they will do an xbone port

gamerant.com/nier-automata-xbox-one-ps4-pro/

>PS4 copy of the disc is PS4 only

whoa... this is the..... intelligence of.... tarofags.....

Post if your okay

HOL UP

will this also be available on steam (when it comes out on PC) or is this some square-enix store only thing, do they even do that?

sony pays for the hype, it gets released on ps4 first with shit-load of commercials then 6 months later they release it on steam
like usually

youtube.com/watch?v=eLZGZmqK00k

Oh no look at that the official square enix youtube page only lists ps4

FUCK YOU PLATINUM
WE MADE YOU AND YOU BETRAYED US LIKE THIS!!!?!?!?!?

I'm using the Weiss pod and only the Weiss pod all game and theres nothing you can do to stop me.

Exclusive to bbc

It'll be available on Steam, just like HR, MD, and FFXIV. They just refuse to give out a release date, so you can't preorder it on Steam right now.

Basically, OP is an underage retard; last thread he asked why my card wasn't charged when I preordered it.

its a trailer of a ps4 version with the demo being advertised. how dumb would it look like
>its also on steam
>demo only on ps4
>release date only for ps4

its even possible that its the same with that the official playstation youtube channel uploads and they dont even bother making a different one. just get a job user or do something more fun in your freetime

Square Enix is in a lot of changes right now and probably the Nier pc release isn't top priority right now. It will probably come two months later.

They aren't doing a very good job of cancelling the game if they're leaving the most obvious thing up.

>It will probably come two months later.

Try a year.

probably stopped after denuvo got BTFO

fuuuuuuck. i have a ps4, so it's not like i can't play it anymore, but i was really looking forward to this on pc. damn it, why?

>Removed
They were never added.

this game reminds me of enslaved for some reason. i really like the concept art/aesthetics but im afraid the combat will be poor

Excellent

They sold out to the sony jew
FUCK SONY AND FUCK PLATINUM

This thread is stupid and so are you op, give official information and with a source not just your baseless speculations, also who cares about denuevo, let companies worry about that shit you worry about the game being good or not.

I bet Yoko Taro is trembling in his boots. What will he ever do without Literal Who's money?!

nah, man, they probably are waiting for Denuvo 2.0 which is coming soon

Maybe you should actually buy the platform with games you want on it.

The ps4 is getting a lot of games lately and with literally fucking nothing coming out on PC I'm genuinelly considering just selling this shit altogether and buying a huge ass TV and just stay with the PS4. I don't even have time to play things this much anymore, no sense in keeping a useless expensive machine like my pc lying around.

>YORHA TRUTH at 2:04
What does it mean?
Also, why are the bosses in the demo called Marx and Engels?

Typical SE.

This on PC and KH3 on Xbox are finished. They are seeing enough success on the PS4 that they are going back to single platform.

It seems like it was on the steam store, now it's not.... d a m n

Removed from SteamDB as well now.

WELP.

It'd make sense if it was. Taro is one of the few I love my secrets and hidden shit guys and pcfags just ruin that for everyone.

Sony don't even need to cancel this, they have the next FROM SOFTWARE x JS collaboration and another Japan Studio game to reveal at E3, they will have their hands full with promoting them even before this.

PC version silently cancelled, never ever steamfaggots.

You can still preorder the game on the SE store. There's nothing to worry about.

Nice so you aren't even buying a copy from the devs, you're basically buying off ebay. This is why devs without pc experience dread the thought of putting work and money into selling their work in digital somalia.

I love the part where you admit that if you do go through with buying the console version you'd buy a legit revenue generating copy. Ha! Hearing all these pc arguments: Watching an ouroboros eat its own tail.

Friends like you are the reason drm machines i.e walled gardens exist, cause you are given options you become a soul sucking parasite

They're likely trying to maximize PS4 sales before releasing PC.

They never were on there.

they just forgot they had that up

Or they could be trying to get the western version of Nier up on PSNow so that PS4 and PC players alike can play the original if they havne't already.

Nier Replicant has been on PSnow for over a year and is one of the top titles right alongside Demon's Souls.

>inb4 'you don't need to play the original'

Yoko Taro is a liar. He lies so much I wouldn't be surprised if his pants were constantly on fire and thats why he likes to wear shorts

Square Enix is in charge of the marketing, they are trying to get as many people to double dip as possible by not discussing future ports. Same tactic they used for FFX HD, same tactic they are currently using for FFXII HD and FFXV. It was a massive success for Rockstar with GTAV so they're copying them.

LOL

You must be fun at parties.

This is what I thought, but it wouldn't explain announcing the Steam version so early for no apparent reason.

Nope. Square is abandoning the platform. No Dragon Quest Heroes 2. FF15 never ever. No FF12 HD.

Now no Nier, KH or DQ11.

it's not in most of the marketing material because it's from japan, and it's still PS4 exclusive there like most games.

>A2 = PS4
>9S = PC

>Sonyggers get cocky and shitpost
>Something contrary occurs
>PCfags get's cocky and shitposts
>"r-ruined the community!"
>repeat

You'd think this would have instilled some humility by now.

Does anyone have any visual proof that the steam logo or anything PC was every referenced in any of the trailers or images of the past?

Those game came to pc like a year after. ;_;

I did that, swittched back to consoles and I couldn't be happier.

It wasn't, check the waybackmachine or google cache.

>Implying Sony Published this game or they provided aid for an exclusivity deal
>Implying this game is not available in XBone
>Not blaming PCucks or SE for delaying the PC release because Denuvo has to rework their Anti tamper software

Don't worry PCnyggers. You'll get your scraps by the end of the year... maybe.

When I'm done with it I'll switch over to Persona 5 and I'll throw you your nier port.

It's not coming out for minimum 6 months after the console release, so it wouldn't be surprising if SE axed a PC port. FFXV was way more profitable than this will be and they still haven't ported that, and probably won't until a year from release.

First Witcher port was a complete loss for CDPro, they paid some developer to do it and they were scam artists who took the Pole's money and ran away with it. Their finances were bad enough shape afterwards that they didn't have money to throw it away on attempting another console port. I think they claimed that they had to go multiplat to survive, but in reality trying to go multiplat is what almost broke them in the first place.

Didnt think so. Dont know why people are saying it was removed when it was never there to begin with.
The only reason we know there will be a PC version is because the devs said so.

ff15 will come and the rest is not even released yet
calm down sonygger

Devs also said the PC version was releasing the same day as PS4, then immediately had to redact that statement, lol. Keep grasping, mustard.

Just like Nier rite?

Maybe you guys should fire up a petition to SE.

yeah just like nier a few months later

When is my FF13 Versus coming? I preordered that like 10 years ago from the SE store.

>a few months later
>just you wait

XDDDD

I'm guessing Sony paid to have it stay exclusive for longer than they planned to.

Now it's going to be a year before it comes out on Steam

>Low Tech Industrial Robots v. High Tech Moon Humans

>Possible metaphor for Proletariat v. Bourgeoisie.

The robots you fight are sapient and revolting against the humans on the moon.

w e w
e
w

>implying you could make a game about Youmu without releasing it on PC

ITT: sonygger dreams

glorious

>should be the end of thread
>but I have no mouth and I must shitpost

More like SE is sucking Sony dick for providing them with a platform to actually make money on FF15 with.

>no tech deails
>no dates
I mean if they release the pc port in 5 years they deliver.

>Touhou invented white haired swordsmen

this is why no one likes you

obviously if you interested enough you can buy a ps4 for 200 usd. there are shit-ton of people like me, who wont buy a console for these games, so i can wait a few months
it was hard, huh

Who invented white haired swordsmen then?