Can we have another comfy Zelda BotW thread? Yesterday's ones were good

Can we have another comfy Zelda BotW thread? Yesterday's ones were good

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/xCEDlpaUXVE
gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2017/02/10/everything-we-know-about-the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wilds-dungeons.aspx
vmashup.com/4h7cRonY
youtube.com/watch?v=DUpPYvELLB8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Mentions that the game is harder. Died a lot.
- In other Zelda games, a group of enemies would attack you one at a time. In BotW, they will gang up on you.
- During a thunderstorm, one guy threw his metal equipment at an enemy, the lighting was still attracted by the metal equipment and struck the enemy.
- Bring struck by lighting deals a massive amount of damage.
- "The Far Cry 2 of Zelda." (As in, the systems blend together)
- You can launch your bombs or explosive barrels great distances by freezing it with the Stasis Rune and striking it a bunch.
- For an open-world game, still seems to retain the "Nintendo polish."
- "Bold and cool."
- "Seems super dense. Lots to do."
- YOUR HORSES CAN DIE!
- Not sold on weapon durability.
- There is no "ideal path" Game is very free from.
- A Treehouse employee mentioned that at no point playing the game did he find a weapon with infinite durability. If this includes the Master Sword is a mystery.
- Cutting grass does not give hearts or rupees.
- Animation is fantastic.
- Game looks amazing.
- Link goes "YAH"
- The dungeon they went through felt smaller than Twilight Princess' dungeons. Still was one of the best parts of the demo they played.
- Game Informer has played more of this game than anyone outside of Nintendo. Feels like they've still seen only a small portion of the game.
They didn't get to meet Zelda at any point while they played, nor did they do quests.
-No noticeable bugs/glitches, they said that it felt very polished.
-Music is very understated, it didn't make a strong impression on them. It's not that they disliked it, it just wasn't very memorable.
-The dungeon was still very "tricky", despite being smaller then the dungeons in the last few games.
-One of the guys thought that the dungeon didn't feel short, although another guy (who is currently playing Twilight Princess) thought that the BotW was shorter then the average TP or SS dungeon
-Food can spoil
-animals that freeze to death drop frozen meat

>animals that freeze to death drop frozen meat
Sorry, made a mistake

If you kill an animal in snow it drops frozen meat

Food and also spoil btw

youtu.be/xCEDlpaUXVE

>TerakJK used to make good videos
>just thrown together with a kazoo
What happened?

>all dat info

gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2017/02/10/everything-we-know-about-the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wilds-dungeons.aspx

Also this is a link containing consolidated info on the dungeons. I find the mention that there are no special items to be found interesting. Maybe you can find the hookshot in a chest like a fire Rod?

>- During a thunderstorm, one guy threw his metal equipment at an enemy, the lighting was still attracted by the metal equipment and struck the enemy.
TECHNOLOGY

>used to make good vidoes

???

If the hookshot is a weapon you have to equip like a bow or sword, I can deal with that as long as it doesn't have durability

Oh, I confused Terak with Crowbcat, since he stole his VR video. My mistake

>Cutting grass does not give hearts or rupees
From what I remember, health can only be gained by eating food and rupees can only be obtained by selling things (though treasure chests and quest rewards will be likely).

It will, the Fire Rod did.

The thing is whether it can be repaired, and how durable it is

>now Link is the tall warrior riding a black horse attacking innocents with a fork

See but from the looks of things, the fire rod won't break as long as you don't hit a monster with it.

is this the real map? It seems to huge to me

Oh, I was always under the impression that shooting fireballs with it will cause its durability to lower

Monolith Soft helped make the giant world, so yeah, it's big.

Nah, I recall some footage where they inspected the fire rod in the inventory menu and it mentions it's fragile and will break if struck, but swinging the thing only uses up its charge, which comes back over time

Yup, that's the map.

>There is no "ideal path" Game is very free from.
fucking dropped

>all weapons break

pretty fucking mad

are monolith the men that create Xenoblade X?

>that lake that's the size of the Plateau
There's an overworld boss there somewhere, I just know it.

There are a lot of good weapons to find my user

horizon is better

That they are.

I want a reliable weapon. How the FUCK can the master sword break?

Almost every enemy will have a weapon for you to pick up. This is just a way for you to keep changing weapons and weapon types throughout the game.

Weapons are literally everywhere. There's no random drop system, so you can pick up the exact weapon the enemy you just killed was using.

The Master Sword of RESURRECTION?

I think it may heal over time or something.

>Feminist Action Game
lol

lol how have you not fucking known this

Who do you guys think this old man is?

>"It's dangerous to go alone" guy
>Link's brother not in time stasis
>Link from Legend of Zelda (NES)

It's Ganondorf.

He's too big, Either 'Dorf or King of Hyrule

Anyone getting concerned about the enemy variety? As we get into new areas, we keep seeing variants of Bokoblins, Stalfos, and Lizalfos.

LOL is that minecraft?
I see why kids love it

It's going to be Ganondorf. The king's castle may be overrun by the actual incarnation of evil, but he wouldn't wander the plains looking like a fucking hobo.

A weapon is only as reliable as the person wielding it.

BUT ITS JUST A THEORRRYYY

There is another long-snouted guy IIRC

I don't mind variations if they look and behave pretty differently (e,g. The electric lizards vs the fire lizards)

King turned into a retarded looking boat sized for toddlers. He has no standards.

>Keese (Normal/Ice etc)
>Chu's (Normal/Ice etc)
>Bokoblins
>Moblins
>Stal Bokoblins
>Stal Moblins
>Evil Shiekah
>Lizalfos (normal/electrichorn/chameleon/firebreathing)
>Desert Crocodile
>Octrok
>Gleeok
>Hinox
>Miniguardian
>Guardian
I'm sure there will be more

It would have been nice if you'd gotten the Master Sword early on, but it's a rusty, borderline useless piece of shit (but still indestructible, so it's useful as an emergency fallback weapon)

Then when you get it restored and powered up it would become the super strong endgame weapon.

They've already confirmed that various natural creatures, such as bears and wolves in the snowy area, will try to kill you.

because I'm not a nintendrone who follows childrens toys with an autistic obsession?

>Gleeok
No fucking way.

Ganondorf split from his Triforce of Power Ganon form considering it seems like Ganon is currently in some kind of energy/spirit state, plus that dark skin.

I can't decide whether I want him to stay on the path of redemption to the end or end up scheming to reabsorb his demon power.

I get this game in a few months on PC cos
>900p
>Sub 60fps
>-£280 for 1 game
Didn't impress

I noticed that in the trailers that sometimes Link has the Master Sword and sometimes he doesn't. When Link does have it he has no other items (quiver or shield). I assumed that Master Sword = flashback but looking at some of the new footage Link has the MS while getting slapped on the back by the Goron while standing on top of one of the towers. It's the same with any footage of Link and Zelda together, even though her outfit changes Link only ever has the Master Sword and nothing else. Zelda seems to always have the slate as well while I don't recall Link having both the slate and MS at the same time.

I'm curious if Zelda and Link actually ever meet in the game before the ending or if it is all flashbacks only? If that's the case, a lot of the footage we have seen has been of flashbacks. Flashbacks will probably be a major theme in the game, I'd assume the flowers have something to do with triggering flashbacks as well. I'm not sure how I feel about this but I guess it will become clear soon. What does anyone else think?

You guys do know this is a direct prequel to Ocarina of Time right?

ESL?

Aonuma confirmed it takes place after OoT.

Good luck avoiding spoilers my man

I am getting a switch for Zelda, Mario, Splatoon, Xenoblade and SMT

vmashup.com/4h7cRonY

Recognize me?

It's so obvious it's gonna be the king (Exact same role as WW, looks like him, and trailer voice: "you must save my daughter!") That I really hope it turns out to be Punished Ganondorf instead. 100 years ago he was purged of the spirit of Ganon/Demise which then went wild. He's still immortal but can't possibly hope to beat it so he helps Link succeed

I read your comment on reddit yesterday.

He was joking mate. The entire interview was a joke. He was referring to the fact it was made after Ocarina of Time.

Some place in the game is Gleeok Bridge, but no word on the dragon

Get gud faggot

Pick up that spear

reminder
youtube.com/watch?v=DUpPYvELLB8

Gleeok, Barinade, or Morpheel is going to be an overworld boss in that huge ass lake, just watch.

I hope the fish girl gives me her spear after she gives me her heart

That's so bad it's not funny

Is this a Bioware game?

We already know about Gleeok Bridge

I will want a switch but bomberman and zelda wont sell it to Me I'm not major fan of zelda either but Mario I will throw money at all day. Or f zero. Or a new extreme g however that would be a multiplat. damn I wish holdback Entertainment would actually do something with that ip. With high definition and online multiplayer they missed out on a few million by doing fuck all with extreme g the past decade

>We already know about Gleeok Bridge
I know. That's literally what the guy I replied to said.

Literally nearly all Zelda games take place after OoT

>-£280 for 1 game
So Nintendo pays you to buy their console? Sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

[ACTUAL SPOILER: Pic related contains one of the game's bosses]
It's kind of a shame that this game isn't 60fps.
I feel like in MGSV 60fps put a big impact on making sahelanthropus and the skull unit threatening, dunno how to describe but I'm sure ya'll would understand.
Shit like pic related and the guardians would be great in 60fps.

I know most of you guys have problems with faces due to autism but I'm not seeing the problem here. Is this a meme thing?

>Reddit

Get out.

>Big Octos return from Wind Waker
>you can encounter them without a boat

Looks like a Chozo. Even has Samus's arm cannon

>That's literally what the guy I replied to said
I really need to read conversations before posting

there is a place on the official map that has "Gleeok Bridge" on it

monolith made the world of Zelda, we are safe

>literally nearly

Same legs as well

I bet it's this guy after 100 years

>There were people in this thread that expected a 60 FPS 3D Zelda

Why are people so sure there will be flashbacks?

Because there are flash backs in the trailer. Link gets red pilled on the events that took place while he was in stasis.

That doesn't make any fuckin sense, m8

I would literally just stop playing.

>big octos return from Wind Waker
>they actually attack you instead of just being glorified punching bags

You guys really think this game is set after OoT?

Literally why....

Because Aonuma said so and there are Koroks and Rito.

>giant fuck off water monsters
>just overworld bosses that can pop up
>they show up more often during rainy weather

It's not confirmed that the master sword can break. That wouldn't make sense in the context of the series

literally why not

You have to be pretty dumb to really expect the Master Sword will be breakable, or that if it is you'll have no way to repair it.

>Game Informer: Will the Master Sword Break?
>Aonuma: It's a secret

We've only seen that Rito during the flashbacks, and connected to the divine machine of wind, Wind Blight Ganon is the boss 100 years later of the divine machine of wind that uses tornados (the rito has shown to create powerful gusts of wind) and shoots spikes (the rito uses bow/arrows) from his cannon

Well it's called the Master Sword of Resurrection now, maybe that will explain its nature?

>Ganon before OOT

not happening

People really need to chill on the "THE MAPS HUGE GUYS" thing.

One of two (or maybe both) things happen:

1. Map isn't nearly as big as it appears. The playable zones are much smaller than the total map area. This is the better of the two.

2. Most of it is barren and you only visit it once, with very long travel times to pad out the game outside of highly scripted actions like snowboarding down a mountain on your shield.

The map appears big but big and filled with quality are almost always mutually exclusive.

What if it breaks but just regenerates another once its all powered up so it effectively is infinite durability

>with very long travel times
What about Horses and Pic related?

I'd be okay with that, if it meant we could throw the master sword around like an asshole with the only consequence being a cooldown

Could be something like that, the champions being stuck in the giant machines. The Gameinformer article mentioned a new mysterious voice guiding them in the dungeon, maybe a corrupted champion?