Activision on suicide watch

Activision on suicide watch

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KbOIsoSUmsU
gamespot.com/articles/call-of-duty-infinite-warfare-dev-wants-to-recaptu/1100-6444922/
ign.com/articles/2017/02/09/call-of-duty-2017-will-take-franchise-aback-to-its-rootsa
eurogamer.net/articles/2015-11-06-call-of-duty-black-ops-3-is-a-world-at-war-with-itself
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>first COD that wasn't just a generic rehash
>bombs
The world isn't fair

So it begins

people are simply just getting sick of shooters

the casual market already shifted to mobas

Imagine working at one of Activisions shovelware studios

Shit must be depressing as fuck

>Takes them 8 years to think "gee, maybe we ought to do a little more than release the exact same to games every year on an alternating schedule"
>They still just steal some other game's aesthetic and mechanics
Counterpoint: the world is fair and it had taken these retards far too long already to get what they deserve

Literally a shooter was the biggest hit of 2016. Its just not the same kind of shooter.

Also, do not mistake this for an endorsement of this trite.

It's pretty interesting to see the industry trends shift in real time, I always only got to see them in retrospect, like reading some history book.

>Muh futuristic space warfare, but not too futuristic that its like Halo

do you think it is better or worse than being at one of EA's old studios?

They have themselves to blame. They destroyed all of the series' hype with constant releases. What the fuck did they expect to happen? People have gotten sick of the yearly rehashes from the last decade.

I got IW for £11 from a cd key seller. It's quite good, for that price, anyway. I really appreciate the fact you can play the MP mode with your own settings offline and with bots. I wish more games had ai bots. It lets a dead game continue to be playable. There are also some quite unique weapons in IW. And the graphics are really good at points.

I don't really feel you proved them wrong by posting the shooter-moba hybrid

Call of Duty wasn't the franchise to do that setting. I'd have been all for them making a shooter set in space, but it should have been a new IP. I don't give two shits about CoD, but a lot of people do and those people didn't want a futuristic space shooter with flying sections.

The me-too MOBA games are on the decline, leaving it to LOL and DOTA2 to stagnate. Everyone is shifting away from that to a variety of action games, majority being shooters, the only thing taken from dota type games being the "character/hero" thing.

>Choosing to work under someone who literally expressly stated they want to take the fun out of making games, then proceeded to systematically identify successful titles and churn them out on an annual basis in one long hellish never ending development cycle for their creator's studio, until the franchise had been raped so mercilessly that the public which one rallied at its announcements now revolution whenever they hear its name
It's like holding your hand in a fire and complaining you got burned

>work at Origin
>Gods of Gaming
>fast foward to >current year
>your namesake is a shitty broken Steam knockoff that people actively mock and hate

It's not even the first time they do it, too, they completely killed the mainstream rhythm scene with multiple Guitar Hero games a year. Every now and then I find out about some spin off I didn't even know existed. They're complete assholes.

Forget it, the "true gamer" crowd will always hate CoD because that's what "true gamer" do. It's pure virtue signalling.
I mean, Black Ops 2 has a pretty well-done branching campaign with multiple endings and it never got any credit for it. Just the same endless "LE REHASH COD FOR XBOX KIDDIES" tirades from wannabe hardcore gamers.

>blizzard will go down with them
Pottery

>Le virtue signaling!
Look at this fucking smegma stain
Go back to your MRA forums and half empty 2L of Code Red

Game is almost an on rails shooter.

I wonder if IW/Treyarch will go back and make a WW2 game?

It might be seen as copying EA but I'd love World at War 2. The attack dogs, the German victory music, the killstreaks, the Imperial Japanese Empire, the laid-back Zombies mode.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Blizzard are fuckin rich mate

why do people want to be game devs?
shitty pay, unstable job market, too much work

Yeah right, WoW and Overwatch make them no money whatsoever.

>I mean, Black Ops 2 has a pretty well-done branching campaign with multiple endings and it never got any credit for it
Are you kidding?
It solidified it's status as the best subfranchise.
Even the ones shitting on COD constantly agreed that BO3 was pretty good.
Also, are you going to defend the shit practices of this fucking franchise?

Go back to Tumblr, fatass.

There's a reason that the space simulator company in Star Citizen is Original Systems and the way to buy ship upgrades for it is Electronic Access.

In some alternate reality Bobby Kotick saved the Amiga instead of Activision and we have Amiga vs. IBM pc wars on top of the console wars.

>Blizzard have 2 of the largest franchises to ever exist in gaming, one of them having just come out and the other has been revived into a huge overseas movie franchise
>Dey gonna magically go tits up, tho

How does one acquiesce that taste in games?

Are you having a stroke?

>billionaires
>on suicide watch

Stop buying that fucking garbage you retard.

That was a joke statement. And Kotick was absolutely right about Tim Schafer.

You are the one who said Black Ops 3 with spaceship levels and for some reason weapons that look like the ones used nowadays but reskinned isn't generic trash.

Oh boy, space fighters that look like chunkier F-35s and AK-47's with lots of cables strapped to it that shoot lasers, it's so original.

Stop virtue signaling, cumguzzler

In my defense i'll say I haven't paid more than $10 for any of them, and I bought them in CD Key sites, so my money went towards buying a couple of Vodka bottles to some slav, rather than Activision's pocket.

Why don't you signal me to take my balls out of your mom's mouth, shitstain?

how profitable is it to run a cd key site
i could use some extra whiskey money

is that jon snow in space?

Yes

Is that Jon Snow

Weird I just made 1,000 dollars on their earnings last night the stock is up 17% today?

Call of Duty is dying and they are cutting costs at infinity ward because of underwhelming sales. It's a smart move to stop a vital part from bleeding. Overwatch saved their earning report. Loot boxes and new players softened the blow and turned it around and they beat expectations.

Anyway Destiny 2 is primed for the fall and with call of garbage blunderings out of the way investors can hop back in the stock. I expect them to keep moving up long into next year by by bit. In fact they are undervalued by almost another 15-25% still. Can you believe that?

>-moba hybrid
the only thing that game has in common with dota2 or HoN are ultimates, and even then, they are charge based vs cooldown based

didn't actvision-blizz just post 49% revenue increase from last quarter?
their stock had a nice boom the other day.

They are probably just restructuring.

A very noble cause really.

I agree, true gamers support videogames with 5 hour long expositions of braindead AI, the exact same rehashed co-op mode for 9 years, and the exact same formula for multiplayer games, but with new, high quality cancer like loot boxes, OP weapons hidden in those loot boxes and paid premium skins on top of the usual $60 season pass.

How can you mange to breath correctly being as retarded as you are.

haven't played a cod game since mod warfare 2. which, hard to believe was 8 years ago. What are they even like these days?

No, they are sick of military shooters.

Hey, the last two CODs also have different characters with different ultimates, is COD a MOBA?

Oh woah, the kid growing up with MW2 are now the majority on this board. This explains a lot

Pic related is the embodiment of modern Call of Duty, the only thing left is one guy dabbing.

>When your Partner company killing yours with the same type of Game you used to make every year

What is the upcoming slate from the Activision side?

Destiny 2, CoD 2017 (most likely WWII), ...?

That's where you are wrong, one of the latest updates included dabs!

No, it's just Call of Duty gets shilled yearly, and since IW was a failure, they'll probably double down on the shilling starting now, since in about 2 months they'll announce the next COD.

The need to dissolve IW in it's entirety. MW2 was their last success, and it's been a decline since then. Hell when your games are the weakest of the CoD series you know you've fucked up as a developer. Take 'em out back, cinch the noose, and kick the chair out from under them.

No, what happened is that after MW2, a huge part of IW, including it's directors, were gutted to avoid paying them for MW2.
They went on and founded Respawn, so yeah, Titanfall 2 is closer to being a futuristic COD than Infinite Warfare.

>Defending Kotick
>He was only joking!
>Under his watch his publishing company literally rapes successful franchises to death as it's only business model
>But he was right about Schafer!
No, he absolutely wasnt, as has been repeatedly proven since.
Sup Forums was just dogpiling off of a literally incorrect interpretation of a backer announcement (doublefine means you pay twice! Despite the fact that literally nobody ended up paying twice for anything and everyone recurved more than they pledged for) and then, hot off the heels of that PR debacle, were bandwagon to crucify him because he was among the first Devs to reach out to support Anita's cause right as the GG bullshit was hitting the fan.

Sup Forums literally worked themselves into such a frenzy that they were desperate enough to apply something idiotic revisionist history to a man who literally and repeatedly stated that he was explicitly out to exploit developers and the video gaming public just so they could apply an appeal to authority argument against Schafer.

Destiny 2, CoD, DJ Hero 3

Another branch or Activision dethrones Call of Duty as the biggest shooter.

> Time for layoffs

Alright, well Titanfall 2 was great, but still doesn't mean whatever shell of a being IW currently is still needs to be around. 3 games, each a worse CoD than the last. Maybe it's because they brought the future CoD to it's retarded apex so it was bad timing, but they're done.

They said they were supporting the Switch, what the fuck are they going to put on it?

>3.
There was a 2? How the fuck, what difference could 2 be from 1.

So Activision's thing is to snipe top studios and have them make huge franchises (Infinity Ward were disgruntled Medal of Honor devs, who now make shooters published by EA again, go figure, Bungie etc.)

Who should they go after now? Take Two has been bleeding talent.

Yeah they're restructuring so they don't take a stock hit because their flagships are tanking.

It's a dance we've seen a thousand times with a thousand once-unstoppable publishers.

2 had some better songs
youtube.com/watch?v=KbOIsoSUmsU

Oh no, I agree, just saying that Infinity Ward didn't start being garbage for no reason, it's the same as BioWare, everyone has been replaced, and it's only the previous studio in name.

And the problem is that the futuristic setting didn't really settle in like modern shooters, and when IW came out the futuristic settings were already hated.
What's hilarious is that IW knew it, and thye made retarded statements like this.
gamespot.com/articles/call-of-duty-infinite-warfare-dev-wants-to-recaptu/1100-6444922/

>they are sick of military shooters.
we are getting there user

then = shooters
now = mobashooters
future = mobas

its as slow and comfortable shift
gives the mainstream time to get adjusted to what mobas are

Skylanders?

Take two just had a huge year, and own Rockstar
GTA V was the game of the decade and still tops charts today. That's not a game that requires constant teams working it, like overwatch. They've got like 5 guys on it making cars every now and then. That's all just pure money

This.

"True gamers" think fallout 4 is a fucking master piece. Hating CoD is a meme now days and these faggots should have their opinions be taken with a grain of salt.

Digital downloads really cut down the guitar hero model didn't it?

>There are now people young enough on this board to nostalgiafag over post cod 4 cod

There's no way Activision hasn't seen the success of BF1 and aren't putting a WWII shooter out right? There's no way they could keep doing the futuristic shit and think it's what people want.

>Hating CoD is a meme now days
It might be, but there's very good and solid reasons to hate COD.

According to rumors and leaks, 2017's COD will be in Vietnam.

This is so awkward though, because COD Ghosts and Advanced Warfare both had sequel-bait endings and they are both now abandoned sub-franchises.

the only way to fix cod is to make a third person/first person, open world adventure just like far cry

Take a fucking guess

>players didn't want more future COD after Black Ops 2
>Acti keeps making future games with jetpacks
>fans BEG them to stop
>Acti makes yet another future game
>Also MWR, but ONLY for people who buy the future game
>Once again they make a promise that supply drops will ONLY be cosmetic
>They lied
>The whole point to MWR was to escape the bullshit that plagued all the latest games

fuck them. they DESERVE to fail. should've given the people what they wanted after AW proved to be shit, but instead they kept heading further down the toilet.

>the last Skylanders
Man, that's another cow they milked too hard

I don't think they are the same market at all, everyone I know who plays games like call of duty and battlefield and people who play mobas are completely different.

What happened to the Bioshock studios though?

ign.com/articles/2017/02/09/call-of-duty-2017-will-take-franchise-aback-to-its-rootsa

These decisions are made 3 years ahead of time user. CoD 2017 going back in time isn't a response to last year's CoD as much as activision will try to sell it that way.

The decision was made years ago.

Does this mean that Activision will tell the COD dev teams to actually start trying like Ubisoft is doing?
You know, maybe drop out the season pass and map packs, and just give loot boxes, since they are far more profitable and they don't completely separate and break the community?

I remember everyone liked cod4 in 07

EVERYONE.

you can try and pretend you didn't now, but everyone did.

I can't help but feel bad about Infinite Warfare.

As a IW game it's pretty damn good. It's a step up from Ghosts in just about every way.

As a CoD game, it's kinda sorta polished BlOps III

Sup Forums loved World at War too.

The story of CoD is so pointless though, the only good story was MW, then somewhat engaging one was MW2 for being so retardedly over the top, and Black Ops 1 and 2, didn't play 3 did Reznov every pay off? Also why is it so many people forget Black Ops was 'Nam? How far does Acitvisions blind spot for the past go.

>it's kinda sorta polished BlOps III
What the fuck are you talking about?
The maps are a clusterfuck where wallrunning is never useful and almost always a death sentence.
The zombie mode is uninspired, and they padded the campaign with the space combats, where probably half the campaign was just taking down enemy fighters.

Does anyone deny that?

Rehashing isnt why CoD is doing badly.

>Shit, our grossly mismanaged franchise is on its last legs!
>It must be an aesthetic problem! People are just tired of the future! Paint it all old-timey and shovel it right back out!

>Meanwhile your sister company just put out the mediums biggest blockbuster: a futuristic fps
You're every bit as clueless as the out of touch publishers Sup Forums used to mock

I like WWII era CoD. bolt action is satisfying

Black Ops 3 went full MGS2 with the post-modern stuff, although the story itself is pretty much completely separated from BO1 and 2.
Really weird campaign, definatly worth a pirate, and it's pretty long too.

eurogamer.net/articles/2015-11-06-call-of-duty-black-ops-3-is-a-world-at-war-with-itself

*ping*

Imploded after a nightmarish development cycle on a game they essentially had to make twice. But the franchise isn't dead, just the studio, so it'll be interesting to see where that ends up

You really pulled a lot from your ass out of one statement you dense fucker, all of which is completely wrong. Go back to your weeb shit.