>game has terrible gameplay but good music, story, environments
Why is this allowed?

so FFXIII thread?

Souls

Nothing wrong with that

For Honor

Cheeky knod to history if look hard enough

Easier to advertise story and graphics

Why the fuck am I playing a game instead of watching a movie or listening to an album while reading lore on the game's wiki, then?

NieR was pretty good. A lot of people hate barebones ARPG shit, but I found myself flying through it despite the gameplay, and loving it

are you kidding
for honor is the opposite of what OP said
>good gameplay and shit everything else

does "terrible gameplay" mean it's flawed or just unengaging?

You're quite stupid if you really can't figure that out

wtf is he holding

Pic related is kinda like that.
It has meh gameplay and I don't remeber nothing about the story, but the backgrounds and music make it a 10/10.

Jade Empire?

laser designator

>for honor
>good gameplay
heh

Because Alpha Protocol was better than anything Bioware shit out in the past decade.

You can go kill yourself

Asura's Wrath

Because it can still benefit from some degree of interactivity over just being a movie?

Alpha Protocol is such a strange beast. The gameplay is actual shovelware tier, but the RPG elements are some of the best in vidya with voice acting.

Deadly Premonition

Pathologic

A lot of older games are like this. I instantly thought of Metal Gear 2 on MSX-2 when I saw the thread.

Bad gameplay doesn't necessary mean bad game until it
1) still remains the game and not "interactive" movie,
2) has some other redeeming qualities like the
>good music, story, environments

You cant explore a games world at your own pace, or decide who to talk to and what to do, it should be clear that this is a unique thing only games can provide and since developers may be restricted by funds, time or both, they may need to set different kinds of priorities, look at Fallout New Vegas for example, Obsidian had a year to make that game and while it is generally accepted that the shooting mechanics are the weakest part of the game (although not bad imo) it is also accepted that they made the right trade off.