Why isn't this your GOTY?

Why isn't this your GOTY?

It is until Nier Automata comes out.

Because it just came out and have yet to seen everything it has to offer. Also it's only Feb

waiting for a deep sale.

Year's not even 25% over yet.

dark souls knock off

It is my GOTY, game has way better waifus than dark souls.
Also the combat is way more fun.

That's not the feel I got from it. Closer to the developer roots in the 3D Ninja Gaiden vein I'd say. The team might be jerking itself to FromSoftware along those lines but I think the core mechanics feel decidedly closer to any of the newer Ninja Gaiden games.

No, what rubs me the wrong way about this game is that it is to Ninja Gaiden as Tou-Kiden is to Monster Hunter as far as gameplay.
If that makes sense to you, raise your hand.

Because Yakuza 0 exists.

Its my Goty.
That open ending make me hyped for nioh 2.

the prologue literally was made to make fun of dark souls

Nier, and Breath of the Wild is next month, Persona is the month after, and Tekken 7 a few months later.
Plenty of better games are already coming out, not a chance this will be my GOTY.

i haven't bought it yet. how great is it?

Because neir automata is my GOTY

Pretty great.

I don't own a Bloodborne Machine

Because I haven't bought/played it yet because it will be $30 in a month or two like every PS4 game.

I'm not 10 years old so I'll wait.

i havent bought it

instead i'll wait another year for the goty version with all of the dlc

Zelda isn't out for another 3 weeks

what about when compared to the Dark Souls series

autistic nintoddlers are the worst

I'd say it's better than DaS2 and 3, but it's not as good as DaS1.

How is that possible when DaS3 is just as good as DaS1?

Nigga don't

T H I S
H
I
S

>DaS3 is just as good as DaS1
except it's not.

DS1 is so well made, especially the world designs when compared to DS3

not everyone gives a shit about dark souls games, faggot

Because Breath of the Wild is coming out.

I agree about the world design, but the combat and weapons in DaS1 aren't as good as 3.

DaS3 is very polished and actually a complete game.

Don't

Because I haven't bought it yet since I'm a poorfag.

I'll let you borrow my copy, user.

>Not expecting Dark Souls to be mentioned in a Nioh thread

You're too kind, man

you just have to blow me first

O-Okay user

Because I played Yakuza 0 and Gravity Rush 2

Ni-Oh is great though.

A deal is a deal, I guess

BECAUSE I CAN'T FUCKING PLAY IT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

This

this just fucking happened to me

because, while being pretty good, its gameplay is not by far not good enough

I didn't like the demo so I didn't buy it

>filename
My nigga.

>Implying any of those shit stains will be good let alone better than Nioh

Because I agree with

>That's not the feel I got from it. Closer to the developer roots in the 3D Ninja Gaiden vein I'd say.
Well then you're provably wrong since until dark souls came out it was languishing in development hell as a musou clone.

>Around 80% of the bosses are waiting for one specific move that you can actually punish
>The ones that don't involve this end up being far too fucking easy
>There is no happy medium

Normal enemy variety is ass. I love how people bitch nonstop about how DaS3 putting gangbangs of enemies and ambushes literally everywhere, complaining that "SOULS ISN'T DESIGNED FOR 1 v X COMBAT" but when Nioh does the same shit, but worse, Japaniggers are too busy sucking micrococks to say shit.

is she the high priestess of the BBC or what? LMAO WHAT A KEK!

does Nioh save every two seconds like Dark Souls?

Is there some trick to the aiai?
Most of the it seems to just sheath my sword without charging.

I haven't finished Yakuza 0 yet then I will begin Nioh.

wat?

If anything the game is anything but dark souls clone.

The hypocrisy is honestly baffling. You know for a fact sonybronies are banking on PCucks not having the game to call them out on how flawed it is. As an Idort I find Nioh utterly forgettable. The story was nonstop exposition, hamfisted emotional garbage. I don't know what they expected me to feel when the cat died, for example. A random literal who spirit shows up, possesses me, and, in the most crude way possible, just force feeds me backstory and observations. And he dies and apparently its the saddest fucking shit because he was a good friend, luke.

The thing is, Nioh's combat is designed in a way that allows multi-enemy combat without feeling utterly stifled.

Unless you're fucking shit at the game, I guess.

>Checkpoints you rest at to regain healing items, level up, and respawn enemies.
>Level system that involves pumping stats to scale with weapons
>Combat involves hit stun or use of iframes to avoid damage and attack enemies with a variety of weapons.
>Bosses are large health pool enemies with limited movesets that require you to be patient and find openings to attack.
>When you die, you leave behind a form of leveling currency that you can retrieve if you make it back to the point of death. Dying again means these resources are lost forever.
>Large monsters obsessed with gathering energy in the form of some metaphysical resource
>MC is an immortal warrior who embarks on missions for unclear reasons and is constantly asked why he is there doing what he is doing.
>Equipment loads that affect movement and Iframes
>Stamina system that can prove deadly if not managed properly

But the stamina combat mechanic involves an additional single button press.

So it is entirely different. Totally. Absolutely.

You fucking inbred retard. Fuck anyone who says this is "NINJGGER GAYDURRN ESQUE XD" because they want to pretend this game isn't blatantly appealing to the same motherfucking market

When you get the chance, fucking kill yourself

No it isn't. The best way to deal with more than 1 enemy is mechanically the same as it is in souls: Blatant cheese and abuse of DoTs and the ancient art of running away.

Inb4

>IT IS DESIGNED FOR MULTI ENEMY COMBAT BECAUSE MUH DEVIL TRIGGER LETS ME MASH SQUARE TO WIN

um its just tedious

Way to make the obligatory comment to start the obligatory flame war that OP wanted. You are predictable.

go into that one room in the shrine level that has literally 7 human mooks, try to beat it without living weapon or running away and then tell me it is designed for it

It's not that great. It's a good game and I'm having fun playing it and I found it worth 60 dollarydoos, but not really GOTY material.

>>MC is an immortal warrior who embarks on missions for unclear reasons and is constantly asked why he is there doing what he is doing.
So you havn't played the game?

You haven't either. He wants his spirit back as the basic reason (same shit as breaking the undead curse) but numerous times throughout the campaign people are constantly fucking bitching at him asking "ANJIN SAMA WHYU ARE YOU HEREU???? BAKA DESU SENPAI MADA MADA" and then he has an inner monologue saying "OI WHY AHM I HEERR??? TO FOIGHT 4 PEECE ON EARTH MY NIGGER SAMURAI FRIEND"

the controls are different, try it, a bit more simple maybe

but it is

>MADA MADA

I need healing

I didn't like the demo.

>Unless you're fucking shit at the game, I guess.
kek. Dark Souls fags excuse numero uno. Sonyniggers are just starved for games so they'll praise any game that's not utterly mediocre

Sounds like good game when funposters say 'game that's not utterly mediocre' instead of 'total shit' like usual.

Well, it's not Knack tier. More like Dark Souls 2 tier.

>More like Dark Souls 2 tier.
You're trying way too hard user.

I'm an idort, I don't give a shit what you think. Nioh is mediocre, end of story.

Thanks for your useless opinion I guess.

Because it's still early in the year.

It's easily the best game so far though. It does so many thing better than Soulsborne, at least for a Diablo autist like me who loves gear progression.

>Why isn't this your GOTY?

I'm tired of this formula.If this would had come out three years ago i would had bought it in a heart beat.

Please sir. I'd like some more

Dark Souls played like a janky beater car drives. Nioh feels like a sports car by comparison.

Shitty bosses fuck all enemy variety and shitty level design is why

It might be if it comes out for PC, looks like a lot of fun.

So many previously assumed "exclusives" are coming over to PC so I may as well save my money on that console. At least until the dust settles on the Pro situation.

I've been waiting for a good Samurai-simulator since Way of The Samurai 3, and it looks like this is FINALLY it.

Yeah no. It ain't going to PC.

Really? How do you know?

if it goes to PC it'd be Japan-Only.

The game has the SIE logo on the box, on the CD, and the opening title cards start with "Sony Interactive Entertainment presents"

>"As an Idort"
Idort is a proper noun now? you identify as one? you go to Idortcon?

I totally cheesed the oshashi bridge mission with the Axeman. I was able to kill him in 1 min with just my low stance axe.

Cos it's a jap dark souls clone

>when i try to play through 0 so quick as possible so i can play Ni-Oh as soon as it releases
>tfw i fail

WHAT A TIME TO BE A PS4 BRO

>The game has the SIE logo on the box, on the CD, and the opening title cards start with "Sony Interactive Entertainment presents"
>mfw

Oh fug. Oh well I guess its back to playing as Samurai in Chivalry: Deadliest Warrior for a while longer. It's so weird how there are almost NO 3rd person samurai games at all.

Is there something that at least loosely emulates it anyone can think of? I need my nip fix sometimes.

>FromSoftware, Inc. (株式会社フロム・ソフトウェア Kabushikigaisha Furomu Sofutowea?) is a Japanese video game company founded in November 1986, who are known primarily outside of Japan for being the developers of the Armored Core and Souls series, as well as Bloodborne.

You're a fucking idiot.

>falling for my bait

no john you are the idiot

Remember that time when Souls games reused multiple enemies and everyone hated it?
That's Nioh.
Game's dead in a month or so.

The fact that it doesn't say "only for PS4" on the box makes me think that they will be porting it to PC.

Fuckin kek, twerking your way off the map.

Should I do twilight missions?

No, it saves every time you go to a shrine or die

Didn't Dark Souls also do that? Granted that was never intended to be ported in the first place, but still. A man can dream.

I sort of agree with you user, although I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt because I'm expecting a Ni-Oh 2 and the game right now has a lot of content (yes I know reused content as well) but I still don't get put off by it. Let's hope if they make Ni-Oh 2 they'll focus on making a higher variety of enemies and map designs, since the game mechanics are great and just need some polishing.

it's fun but not gotyay