What makes Link become iconic character?

What makes Link become iconic character?

Nostalgia and marketing

What makes any character iconic?

The self-insertedness

He drinks milk

I guess over time something that is initially simple and generic becomes simple and distinctive.

BOI

PYUSZI

i wanna fuck him in his boy c a t

I still don't know if this is true.
any evidence?

Because he's qt

> What makes Link
> posts pic of Zelda

Gtfo newfag....

>iconic character

What you mean? Only time he's seen outside Zelda games is in Smash Bros.

Who?

frankly this
But it does also have to do with the simplicity of a design. For example every link to date looks like "link" because "link" can look as basic as pic-related

He's still iconic. He's one of the most famous vg characters there is. Which makes sense when you consider most vg characters look like this.

That's more like "lack of originality". Every Zelda game plays the same since the first one.

My dick

>Zelda
>Zelda 2
>aLttP
>OoT
>MM
>FS
>ST
If you think any of these play the same then you're retarded

A lot.

lazy b8

He's not iconic at all. He has 0 personality other than "courage!", no true voice, almost no lore. Also, if you post a list of "standard elf looking characters" you'd have Link.

Repetition

Mario isn't exactly Shakespeare either but he's still the most famous, user.

He won first place on a homosexual website's hottest character poll.

Act of simplicity is hard but can sell better than anything marketing can do. Mario is in that category too where just a few things really make Mario but everyone can identify him. Outside of Nintendo Slimes from Dragon Quest is one of the most well known enemies in Japan and there's really nothing much to them.

>2004
>dress up as link for costume day at elementary school
>"nice robin hood outfit, user!"

Not him
>implying OoT and MM play that much differently
They use the same damn engine

>something bad happened to the world
>go to X dungeons and gather Y talismans
>be sure to take these items in the exact order
>great, now you can defeat the final boss

Some of the most recognizable things are because of how simple they are. Micky Mouse is still considered the most well known fictional character and there's not a whole lot too him either. Hello Kitty is sold all over the world and it's has even less things to distinguish it. But the few things they do have are heightened and help identify them easier.

The only one of those lines that applies to Zelda 2 is "go to X dungeons", and even then the second half of that statement doesn't apply
lazy b8

link?

The core game loop is completely different.

yes

Yeah, him.

Yeah, Link.

I love OoT and MM, but really on most fundamental levels it's rather transparent that MM was originally developed as an expansion pack for OoT. They aren't identical but it's silly to imply they have enough stark differences to matter to a shitposter like

>it's an user confuses iconic with 'popular' or 'well-written' episode

My least favorite of episodes desu.

>MM was originally developed as an expansion pack for OoT
Well, it wasn't.

>Zelda fans are to casuals to know that ALTTP, OoT, MM temples are dungeons

I think you're confusing Zelda Gaiden for Ura Zelda.

He has a simple yet unique design, helps the fact his artstyle isn't realistic.

I probably am

Almost everything was rehashed in MM. The only real exception was NPC schedules.

Unique, tasteful, simple design, with pleasing aesthetics and a sense of pertaining to a living world.

Did you misquote him or just completely fuck up reading it?

Well that character is certainly not iconic, cuz I've no clue who the fuck that is.

It was always remembered as that weird one that shouldn't be your introduction to the series for a reason. Yes it's built with the same building blocks but having not one but two gimmicks that you couldn't get away from even in the dungeons really made it feel different from Ocarina.

Because they only had a year, doofus. They want ed a sequel to OoT.

>"List of standard elf characters" you'd see Link

Yea, and how does that not make him Iconic? out of ALL Elves in media out there, he's one of the most recognizable ones. Elves are popular race in fantasy, faggot.