Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xTqhyHuKVKA
youtube.com/watch?v=z4BLxL3VOso
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

every Target store in America is still trying to sell these for $99

remember their ad?

>here's a shitty android thing for your tv
>OH WOW THIS IS GOING TO BE THE GREATEST CONSOLE EVER

Not being stupid enough to buy this almost makes me feel as good as knowing I'm not Anthony Burch.

>Ittle Dew originated on OUYA
>same with Clarc
Well, at least we got that out of it.

was it a scam?

yes I remember scams very well

That thing was the beginning of Gamergate
Literally that's the emblem of how shitty and corrupted gaming "journalism" is. Full of sellouts

That's a really good looking paperweight, where can I get one?

It wasn't a "scam" as such, but they certainly preyed upon people's stupidity and lack of technical knowledge. The thing was never advertised as being anything other than a piece of shit, but it was done in such a slick fashion that normies bought into it.

certain things make happy and glad

this thing made me salty and sad

>scam
It was marketed as exactly what it was.
People are fucking imbeciles.

what the fuck are you even talking about?

youtube.com/watch?v=xTqhyHuKVKA

it was marketed as an open console and then had a closed bootloader

the kickstarter early access promise was another lie, since they shipped to retailers before their own backers

and, they had no problems allowing people to spread unrealistic expectations about the software capabilities, see pic related

The only similarites between GG and OUYA is that failed hard in their promise to save gaming and both made themselves look really stupid with a "communist revolution" style ad campaign.

I mean, honestly, if you want to present yourself as the underdog rebelling against the man, why base it on the most notoriousl unsuccessful revolutions in recent memories? GG was especially egregious with its "We will rise up!" Soviet-esque shit about how they'll topple the evil media. One big problem: the Soviets rose up to take down their supposed oppressors, only to replace it with something monumentally worse. Fucking brilliant public image, guys.

OUYA did that too, but at least it fizzled out pretty quick. I have never once encountered an OUYA fanboy online who refuses to accept that it's dead.

Is this worth looking for second-hand and hacking into something usable, like a media machine?

I just saw the interviews of ouya's "CEO". Holy crap. She doesn't know a single bit about talking in public. Even her eyes were wide and she just kept talking and talking and talking and she isn't really thinking before pitching her product or answering questions.

no. just get a proper htpc and and a used psp for emulation

Your my daddie and you dont even know it hehe haha :)

>Cheaply made android box that lets you play mobile phone games on a TV
>$99 bux USD United States Dollars

The Nintendo Switch? Yeah, what a blunder.

Sounds reasonable actually.

Name seven thousand mobile phone games that are worth one cent, never mind $99 bucksicles.

>Sold it on a easily hackable android console
>People believed it would be at home console level hardware
>Turns out it was just a easily hackable android console
Naw they said exactly what it was. It was people that tried to read between the lines that it was going to be something it wasn't.

I don't remember Gamergate being Communist. I remember them accusing their opposition of being Marxist, though.

>buying games

>Reading comprehension
If you could download an Ouya it might be worth the time, but it certainly isn't worth ninety nine freedombucks to be able to play mobile shovelware on a TV.

the only good game that came out of this that you can't get on android was the frog-goat simulator game

Just like No Man's Sky...

Really makes you think

see

Good. Fuck normies.

>Stop wasting cash on crappy games

>Reddit was directly responsible for these shitty buttons

How did they get SquareEnix to jump on the board?

>League of Legends

>What game do YOU want to see on the Ouya?
>Skyrim
>WoW
>Mario
was one of their polls on the official ouya forums pre-launch.

I was dying laughing because people actually believed any of those games had the remotest chance of being on the system.

It's literally a Android box. They already have Android games which takes little to no effort to just throw it on their store.

So what exactly was it? I only ever saw it being mocked and talked about on Sup Forums.

It plays games that run on Android

>But doesn't my phone already do that?
Yes. Also it's controller was horrifically built, the UI sucked, and it didn't get many Android games on it. So not only do you have a useless product, you have a useless product that's a pain in the ass to use.

>mfw my friend paid $800 for a devkit so he could port a game that he worked on because the lead designer asked him to
Towerfall was amazing but everything else was either fleeting joy or shit. Frog game was one of the best cheap laughs of my life though.

Unless it was an actual scam, how did anyone see it as an actual market for people to want to play android-tier games on a console?

You'd be better off in marketing it towards children.

Nah, they deliberately misled people by "suggesting" games that could be on it.

also it is

Cute girl. Fapped to the concept artwork once.

this is an incredible comedy of errors

right from the get go - people are moving away from the television, so our business model is television based - they had no idea what they were doing

>For Honor's accidental alt-right connection
Is this because of all of that "Deus vult" shit?

>but they certainly preyed upon people's stupidity and lack of technical knowledge
Sounds like the norm for home consoles.

What the fuck? I thought they advertised that each Ouya console could act as a devkit

Heheheh goy, you should click and see for yourself!

People were just getting cheap smart phones that could play nice looking games in 2013. Turns out phones got cheap and powerful as fuck and there was literally no reason to get an Ouya. Plus like I said, the system itself fucking sucks shit. The buttons feel terrible, and replacing the batteries on the controller is retarded.

youtube.com/watch?v=z4BLxL3VOso

>hey guise, let's release a console that can only play smartphone games
Who the fuck thought this was a good idea.

Asura/Ashera is a joke

>Go in Solo
>Autofight until victory. Heal as needed

No man's sky: the console

It really looks like some Chinese gimmick you'd get for like ten bucks

What does your wife think of the Retron 5?

>stick