Street Fighter V

One year after release can we admit this game is a massive turd? They've had a whole year to make it decent but still have failed immensely

>awful netcode
>repetitive gameplay that focuses on the wrong things
>massive loading times
>shitty servers
>ugly art design and models
>awful backgrounds
>FM model is shit and too time consuming

I think the whole game is a failure. They should've just made a more balanced Third Strike without air parries and it would've been good. But instead we got some weird barebones but also wannabe esports game. It just completely lacks focus and direction. It's like Capcom wanted a million and one things with this game and couldn't do a single thing of those properly to completion.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7AbKHXAVCKY
youtube.com/watch?v=1t8B3Sx8X-0
youtube.com/watch?v=X1kb6Lb8hOg
youtube.com/watch?v=J23GgnY8IkA
youtube.com/watch?v=8luy4mEZG5I&t=4s
youtube.com/watch?v=rtkhTW5ptew&t=24s
artstation.com/artwork/3a93m
youtube.com/watch?v=xpVjhPKAPL0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

There is not a single thing with this game Capcom didn't fuck up. It sounds like a joke, but it isn't. Just try and think of ONE (1)
They didn't fuck up the Capcom Tour, but it's more related to the events than the game itself.

Good things being I find the speed of the gameplay fun and closer to ST than 4 was. It also came to PC so there's constantly fun mods to look at. Return of R.Mika and Birdie are pretty underrated, I love those characters.

Everything else was really bad. Game needs to be redone in a "Super" version which they promised to never do.

You forgot shit performance on pc build if you could call that a build, more like an emulator

As shit as SFV is, I doubt they'd want to do anything with SF3 after it nearly killed the series for good. Salvaging some of the cool characters from it is better

I would say the menus are fucking ugly too and doesn´t seem attractive for casuals, just compare with SSF4 which had simple but iconic menus, cool OST, amazing ultra attacks, the focus attack, ARCADE mode.

Any casual can try to play SF4 and enjoy it.

>Game needs to be redone in a "Super" version which they promised to never do.
They promised never to do paid updates. But nothing prevents them from making a Super update as a free update. But they won't do it because it requires effort.

i want to sniff mikas bum after she farts

Third Strike had more issues than SfV and that didn't stem from the balance. It was only accepted by the hardcore crowd. The game was extremely limiting and took away some core street fighter fundamentals. SF4 was a much better Sf game than third strike.

I try to comeback to this game over and over but i always gt disappointed.

The shitty normal are my biggest problem with it.

I downloaded the Season 2 patch yesterday and i feel like things barely changed overall although i know that were some significant balance changes.

Most character feel fucking awful to play, it takes forever for any match to start, having to pick your character beforehand is fucking retarded but if not we would have longer load times.

The Netcode is still fucking garbage too. Guess I'll just stop playing fighting games because they are either shit or not enough people play the most games unless you are in japan i guess.

I play Ryu and fireballs and DPs are shit compared to just unga bunga in close range. It's not Ryu at all.

>garbage keyboard support
Why do they hate fun?

I was a little dissapointed by it, but its not a huge turd, that crown is reserved for shit like MKvsDC

this is where you're wrong. All your other points are correct, though.

none of that matters, casuals and people that pretend to play the game say 3rd strike is greatest of all time, Why do you think people wanted Alex, Urien, and now q? These are the people who capcom listens to

They need to fire Woshige (a Guilty Gear player) and hire someone who understands Street Fighter.

I'm going to be completely honest here... This game came out?

Nigga they made normals worse for some characters like Ryu s.lk. Everything is stubby as fuck and fights are visually boring since everyone is always nuthugging one another.

>everything is stubby as fuck

Yeah i know.

>Playing as Vega against Ryu
>Hit him 2 times with a c.lk
>He is already out of range of my c.mk or s.mp

I used to main Vega in every SF game and in this one he is just awful, holly fuck, i also heard his speed with or without the claw is the same now, is it true? Else that is fucking retarded.

Honestly DPs are just good for reversals i guess.

>Rebalancing is just going to swap around top tiers instead of making characters inline with one another
Fuck this

>Woshige
Well, it wouldn't surprise me if this guy was the reason the game is so shit, even fucking GG has some neutral depending on the matchup.

Daily reminder that SFV netcode is still ass and they still didn't bother to fix it;

Daily reminder that SFV still looks ugly as hell with clay hair and ugly character redesigns;

Daily reminder that lobbies are still fucked;

Daily that the game is filled with clipping textures all over the place making the game more ugly than it already is;

Daily reminder that the gameplay is still trash, they wanted to focus back on neutral but they made the neutral more wack than before;

Daily reminder that S2 changes are beyond awful, and people who defend the changes will get left behind by the new balance patch which is still going to be trash anyway;

Daily reminder that Bengus is washed up and now draws like a baby on his first work posted on Devianart;

Daily reminder that the game still has no P2 rematch, and they still haven't implemented such a simple thing;

Daily reminder that the game is lacking of variety of playstyle since it's so straightforward and boring;

Daily reminder to not trust anyone in the FGC who shills this game, especially the Valle boys and the SF-only US players. These are the same people who tried to make you buy the shitty game that was Vanilla SFxTK;

Daily reminder to not buy any future games produced by this guy, since they are all low quality and poor effort made.

youtube.com/watch?v=7AbKHXAVCKY

I agree with everything except the FM complaint, i'm not saying it's perfect, but at least you have an alternative other than spending money to get DLC characters

The issue is that sometimes the way to get that FM aren't really enough.

So, if you buy the game you end up getting lots of FM but when you end the one-way methods of getting FMs and reach a shortage you are forced to get those 5000 FM missions every week or two.

The netcode is immensely better than SF4's

It's rollback based instead of relying on frame slowdown. This way, combo timing doesn't change and you can actually play against international players without any significant lag.

The issue is that SFV's netcode is badly implemented and very often doesn't work properly, making matches look like DBZ episodes.

Before some people start asking the same things, yes, I have a good connection. The netcode is just that bad.

The game works perfectly fine for me

>mfw its my favorite SF

So when are they going to announce the rest of Season 2? and why is the final character going to be Lupe?

Issue is people use wifi. And I sure hope you disabled crossplay because PC cucks are 70% wifi and alt tab homos

>Good things being I find the speed of the gameplay fun and closer to ST than 4 was
In that the CPS2 shits its pants whenever a fireball is on screen and that's quite similar to SFV's retarded hitstop?

>He plays SFV claw
>He plays a low damage character
>Who can't anti air reliably
>Who is free to pressure
>Who has mediocre vortex
>Who has mediocre normals
>Who has mediocre movement

Funny thing is every single thing you just listed was used against IV part from FM, which was instead complaining about revisions.

Soundtracks nice.
youtube.com/watch?v=1t8B3Sx8X-0
youtube.com/watch?v=X1kb6Lb8hOg

BBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

snnnnniiiffffffffffff...oh yes my dear....sssnnnnnnnnnnnniiiffffffff....quite pungent indeed...is that....dare I say....sssssssnniff...eggs I smell?......sniff sniff....hmmm...yes...quite so my darling....sniff....quite pungent eggs yes very much so .....ssssssssssssssnnnnnnnnnnnnnnniiiffffff....ah yes...and also....a hint of....sniff....cheese.....quite wet my dear....sniff...but of yes...this will do nicely....sniff.....please my dear....another if you please....nice and big now....

BBBBBBRRRRRRRAAAAAAAPPPPPPPFFFFFFFFLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPFFFFFF

Oh yes...very good!....very sloppy and wet my dear....hmmmmm...is that a drop of nugget I see on the rim?...hmmmm.....let me.....let me just have a little taste before the sniff my darling.......hmmmmm....hmm..yes....that is a delicate bit of chocolate my dear....ah yes....let me guess...curry for dinner?....oh quite right I am....aren't I?....ok....time for sniff.....sssssnnnnnnniiiffffffff.....hmmm...hhhmmmmm I see...yes....yes indeed as well curry......hmmm....that fragrance is quite noticeable....yes.....onion and garlic chutney I take it my dear?.....hmmmmm....yes quite.....

BBBBBBRRRRRRRRPPPPPPFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTT

Oh I was not expecting that…that little gust my dear….you caught me off guard…yes…so gentle it was though…hmmmm…let me taste this little one…just one small sniff…..sniff…ah….ssssssnnnnnniiffffffffffff…and yet…so strong…yes…the odor….sniff sniff…hmmm….is that….sniff….hmmm….I can almost taste it my dear…..yes….just…sniff….a little whiff more if you please…..ssssssnnnnnniiffffffffff…ah yes I have it now….yes quite….hhhhmmmm…delectable my dear…..quite exquisite yes…..I dare say…sniff….the most pungent one yet my dear….ssssnnnnniifffffffffffffffffffffff….yes….

Yeah, PC players are the ones who are primarily on wifi, not the console fucktards.

>1 year later and still no custom keybinding functionality.
I have to use third-party programs just for this piece of shit.

Fights been constant on PC, thanks to crossplay. Why cant other fighters do the same?

I have yet to play a PCuck without game being DBZ.

>Not posting RASHIDO
youtube.com/watch?v=J23GgnY8IkA

get off wifi

>Always loved Vega.
>Always wished I could play him as a motion cause I'm not a big charge fan.
>Get the worst new moveset for a returing character with some of the worst hurtboxes in the game.
Fuck you Ono

At least his theme is the best.
youtube.com/watch?v=8luy4mEZG5I&t=4s

KI does it
And with actual GGPO along with specific tweaks to make it even better.

KI's online is fucking superb.

NO ESCAPUU
youtube.com/watch?v=rtkhTW5ptew&t=24s

Why is everything SFV so low quality? It's like this game was made by a bunch of indie devs in the garage. Niche games like Guilty Gear have way better production values and more content despite selling a tenth as many copies.

>story mode art not ugly
>ken
>kolin
>ibuki
>not ugly outsourced garbage

Shill

I hoped Season 2 would be the V2013 of SFV.

It wasn't.

It somehow made the game even dumber.

Kolin is fine and Ibuki looks fine in everything except her winscreen.

>Kolin's new ugly ass model
>Fine
c'mon user, did you look at her face or were your eyes fixated on the thicc? I'll accept that as a reasonable reason for not noticing her absurd facial structure.

Yeah, like i said, it's not perfect

I think you should get extra FM depending on your performance, even if it's just extra 10 or something like that, for doing things like: getting perfects, doing long combos, stunning the opponent, finishing with a Critical Art and etc

Also, implement a "Continue?" feature in Survival Mode where you can expend like, 1000 FM to continue after losing

LITERALLY only select screen for Ken is bad and win screen for Ibuki.
Kolin looks more Easter european now instead of anime sameface

What the fuck am I reading?

I uswd to play Vega, now i play alex and urien because at keast urien has range and i like charges.

>I haven't played the game
Ken literally only looks good in his win pose, specifically with his alpha costume for some reason.

>absurd facial structure.
What exactly is absurd about actually looking European now?

Kolin looks interesting but I fucking know she'll be a huge turd, just like every fucking character.

Just a bootleg geese.
XIV Geese even has the rekkas.

>repetitive gameplay
>a fighting game

wow you don't say

>obsessing this hard over a game you dislike
Meanwhile all other fighters you think are so much better are dead because you're being a faggot online rather than helping the community.

Thats honestly deserved.

It is even worse in SF5 aside maybe for the art style.

>that monstrous face
>looking anything european

They should have designed a more modern progression system that allowed you to level up and unlock colors as you earned xp. that would have gave you an incentive to keep playing even if your getting your ass kicked. The progression system of SFV is archaic and they dropped the ball on that hard. Capcom needs to understand that its not fun to keep getting your asskicked with no incentive. I dont know if SFV is going to get better. I think SFV has 1 more season left and its kapput. It already seems like they are cutting their loses.

Fuck you, she's cute.

Defend this, Capcom.

I wonder whats going on with Capcom, they managed to make pretty much every non-gameplay aspect of SFV M U C H worse than USFIV.

Was the censorship worth it?

DEFEND THIS, FIGHTER BABBY SHITTERS

SHE'S MAETEL.

STREET FIGHTER STOLE FROM ANIME *AGAIN*

I can tell pretty clearly that most of Xrd's models are in fact 3d but Milia's model and effects are fucking outstanding, she looks perfectly 2d in almost every single frame.

I still think the game has potential, but what they should've done for season 2 is beef up the characters that needed it. When you nerf things you run the risk of making some characters outright useless like Alex.

They outsourced models to amateurs free lancers. Ibuki is one of them.

The game just feel like a chinese knock off.

>Street Fighter laid dormant for a decade
>release game that throws back to SFII in terms of style
>release it in arcades the year prior, to develop fanbase
>release game on two most popular consoles at the time with large marketing campaign
>get fans, nostalgia fags, and normies to buy game
>fans are smaller numbers, and keep up with each iteration
>normies realize they suck at game and arcade mode is only so much fun
>numbers decrease over time

Wow...it's almost as if fighting games have a dedicated audience and casuals just don't enjoy "memorizing endless button combinations and blah blah blah blah."

Great analysis though. Twitter provides so much insight into variables.

I wish they had good consistency. We get ones that either don't look good in shots like Ibuki or are really flawed like Ken when at the same time we ave great ones like Chun and Urien.

What is the point of that post user.
Every retard and their mother could have seen that it won't sell as much as vanilla IV.
IV was hyped up as revival of FGs, you can even see that from sales of super AE and ultra.
Even fucking babby masher Marvel sold less than V

I mean it wouldn't be the first time Street Fighter designs were "inspired" by some other work.

>freelance made models
>there's enough consistency between characters that this isn't obvious.
Again, Ibuki only looks shit in her win freeze frame. Otherwise, she's completely fine. I keep hearing this argument lately, especially regarding her, and it's almost like people just learned this and are acting outraged.

artstation.com/artwork/3a93m

The work is fine.

Fuck off don't compare maetel with this monster

It is techincally outsourced but capcom has a lot of involvement and they worked with them before on many of their games. Basically capcom does the concept art and they model it. they still have control over the entire process. RE5 models where also outsourced.

Not only her.

Almost every character looks like shit. And so does the gameplay and so does the midi music.

And I disagree. I think, again, beyond Ken's select profile and Ibuki's win screen, everything looks ok. You might not like the design decision in terms of how they look, but the models, themselves, are fine.
>midi music
Fuck off, user. Jesus.

>dead because you're being a faggot online
>online

That's where you're wrong meme kid. I play offline BB with my scene. Tried online for about 2 weeks, everything was 0-1 bar, 2 with people in my country. Not my fault other companies aren't even trying in the online department.

>It just completely lacks focus and direction.
I really disagree. It has focus and direction. Given by shitlord Woshige and it's: don't make it about spacing, make it about people rubbing against each other until they aren't anymore and then they jump or dash to start rubbing again. Plus 50/50s.
That's what you get when a Millia player designs a Street Fighter game.

I wish they had made a spin off game that continued the direction of 3s. Parries are a great concept, but it destroys the basics that were set up by SF2, both in gameplay and character design. Would have been fine in their own franchise, while regular SF continued on.
Instead they made SFV, which shits on both parries and the SF basics.

The designs are fine, theyve been since II and on third strike they were borderline perfect.

SFV looks iffy on its graphics, even for an unreal game.

It truly stimulates the little grey cells.

Who the fuck is this guy and why do they think their random shower thoughts constitute business decisions.

The only thing Capcom can do to "salvage" SFV is relaunch and rebrand, and offer a second chance for the casual crowd to go in.

>"KOMPLETE EDITION" entitled SSFV that includes all DLC characters, DLC modes, changes, and additional new stuff like Arcade w/ Bonus stages and additional story stuff
>Every owner of SFV currently gets the updates as they come and its business as usual
>game is actually marketed this time and company begins to actually COMMUNICATE with its audience on a weekly basis rather than when they're about to drop a new character.

That is how you run a "game as a service." The biggest problem in my opinion is Capcom's primitive idea of what constitutes PR strategy. It isn't 1999 anymore. We're not getting our updates and info from monthly magazines. Get with the times already.

hmm nah. They need to fix the core gameplay before going free to play, but it wouldn't hurt for sure.

>Dead or Alive Core Fighters
Because that was such a success?

Yup.
This guy's right.
The only way they can recover is basically a re-release, but if they don't want to lose the already small installed playerbase they'd have to do it as a free update for current owners.
Their jewness brought them here, more jewness won't make their situation any better.
Also marketing.

Worship Lazy Matsumoto elsewhere pls.

The truth is the truth.

By now there are two types of people. Those who will never like the game regardless of what happens. And those who actually have fun.

Wow, nice, Crapcom. I thought they only copied Jojo.

Yeah I admit it. I defended it for a year but after they didn't fix shit and I had time to get into the gameplay for a year to see all its flaws I can only admit that SFV is a mediocre fighting game.

I mostly want more people to at least try other games, for comparison sake if nothing else. I have friends I play GG and KI with, but the only real thing I'm looking forward to Marvel. Fuck SF5.

No casual cares about core gameplay, and you being one of them shouldnt pretend to.

Nice Daft Punk ripoff

youtube.com/watch?v=xpVjhPKAPL0

Yep.

So-so bait, barely anyone has seen Interstella.

everybody has seen at least two of the music videos.

Why do you think DOA still gets monthly costume packs years after release?

what