Fuck Square-Enix, man. I love the Deus-Ex franchise, and despite all its faults and flaws...

Fuck Square-Enix, man. I love the Deus-Ex franchise, and despite all its faults and flaws, Mankind Divided is an amazing game, brought down yet again by a greedy publisher, with shitty business practices built into the product and cutting content for the sake of selling it to the users at a later date.

Now they are going to lay off the franchise because the game didn't sell enough. Fuck that, man. It sold well enough given how they released it, with everything they cut from it, how they rushed the fuck out of it, and all the microtransaction bullshit they implemented into it. It makes me so fucking mad.

Other urls found in this thread:

gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2017/01/30/report-square-enix-puts-deus-ex-franchise-on-hiatus.aspx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'd trade the new Hitman for more Deus Ex.

I'd rather not choose between the two. They are both amazing franchises. I wish Hitman wasn't episodic though, fuck that trend too, and fuck people who buy into it.

>Don't really care about Eidos games
>Pissed SE put all their resources into their games while abandoning their Japanese side
Fuck you SE

bump

OH YOU BAAAAAD

The fact that they went on and on about how expansive everything was going to be and the whole Deus Ex: Universe thing just makes it worse, the shitheels...

Their Japanese side has been shit for ages, and only recently has begun to resurface a bit.

Shitty mobile games, Final Fantasy rehashes nobody wanted or cared about, FFXIII being a steaming piece of shit, Versus XIII taking almost a full decade to come out, XIV being another huge failure on launch...

Eidos saved them from going to Shit. Deus-Ex, Tomb Raider and Hitman saved them form going to shit. Now, to shit we go once more, with fucking Marvel meme games no-less...

They would have forced them to make this shitty Marvel game and put Deus Ex on the backburner regardless if it was a success or not. Remember when either Tomb Raider or Hitman: Absolution (I forget which) 'only' sold a million units so it was consdiered a 'disappointment' by Square Enix. They're scummier than even EA at this point.

What shifted though? This attitude towards the franchise started months before the release of Mankind Divided. The didn't promote it at all, compared to Human Revolution. Hell, Human Revolution got fake ads, viral marketing, mockumentary trailers...

Mankind Divided got shafted from the start.

I'm pretty sure they decided to shaft it after their kike-tier pre order campaign failed.

pre-orders are a cancerous thing

>Choose to confront Marchenko first; delegates die
>Choose to save delegates first; Marchenko kindly lets you take your time

That ending was such garbage.

Prison DLC sounds good.

what? there is 15 or 20 minute time limit for both

If you cause too much commotion with the terrorists the delegates will die. But for a stealth character yeah its not really a choice.

on the second thought, do you think it's going to be another secret lab in the prison?

you can still save the delegates if you confront Marchenko
you can take too long for the delegates, and if you are too loud, marchenko will blow up the other building.

>specifically kill the mob boss but leave his second in command alive
>game just mentions that they've both 'gone underground' in the epilogue
Seemed like the only time the game dropped the ball on something like that.

Couldn't agree more, Mankind Divided is indeed an amazing game.

>Now they are going to lay off the franchise because the game didn't sell enough.
Is this for real?

I like you OP, you remind me of me. Also I'd just like to say, one giant FUCK YOU to whoever decided Pritchard should be a DLC exclusive character, that arrogant prick was an 11/10 and should've been in MD.

More info is coming out, the reason it's taken so long is that Obsidian was on the running for making it but negotiations fell through and it got two year delayed since the internal team had to finish their project and then restart MD.

Also the Micro transactions were in the MP. SP cuts in the end were obvious but the lenght was good only the story ended abruptly.

New hitman is great shut up.

Yup.

gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2017/01/30/report-square-enix-puts-deus-ex-franchise-on-hiatus.aspx

>Also the Micro transactions were in the MP

You can buy praxis points for real money.

>New hitman is great shut up.

Yeah, but it's great despite of being cut into pieces for more profit and degraded to a second-rate product. Not because of it.

Same with Tomb Raider's Xbone exclusivity, which damaged the game and the brand beyond what Angel of Darkness had ever done to it.

Shitty business practices are bad, and can kill a franchise.

I think the Hitman's weird business model negatively influenced the game too. I highly doubt you'd have to follow a checklist to unlock basic equipment if they weren't desperate to add some replay value in the months you wait for a single level of your videogame.

Man the serial killer quest was a so good and comfy in night Prague

I really don't get the Deus Ex fanbase. A large portion of them here seem to despise any Deus Ex that isn't the original, but realistically all the main games (except maybe IW) are fantastic. They're not the same as the original, but without doubt they are some of the best games around these last two generations.

I thought the sidequests were one of the high points of the game.

Except episodic format works for Hitman retard. It would't have even been as polished as it is now without that format anyway.

Most of it comes down to hating it because Human Revolution made the series popular.

Before, it was a cult game, a lot of people had heard of it, but very few had played it. Then HR came, and with it a shit-ton of new players, mostly console ones, came into the fanbase.

And we all know how some like to hate on popular things because they're popular, with the excuse "they dumbed it down for the consoles" and the like. Ironically, most of these people forget that the original Deus-Ex got a Playstation 2 port, and the Sequel, Invisible War, got developed and released for the original Xbox first, so the series has always been linked to consoles.

Finally got around to playing the Mankind Divided DLC.

What the fuck did SE do to this game?! The DLC is clearly just side-missions that have been ripped out of the full game.

>It would't have even been as polished as it is now without that format anyway

We will never know.

See
Also, kys. If you like chopped up things that are supposed to be one piece so much, chop your own dick into pieces, then give it to your girlfriend. see how she likes it.

>I think the Hitman's weird business model negatively influenced the game too

Not at all and I don't see how you got that since it was a massive success and allowed the developers to fix issues each month that they didn't see beforehand.

I gave you a reason right there. I don't feel as strongly as the other guy, but I don't see how you can defend AAA early-access without being a bit of a faggot.

They tried to milk money out of it in full. They cut the game content to make DLC, Ended it abruptly to make room for a forced sequel, monetized almost every aspect of it (buy XP, buy ammo for your guns, buy biocells, buy health, play our shitty MP mobile game shit)

Basically, they ruined it and crashed the franchise with no survivors, then blamed the fanbase for not supporting that shit. And despite all that, it's still an excellent game.

>Ended it abruptly to make room for a forced sequel
Is there any confirmation of this or is just a popular sentiment?
Just wondering because I thought the obvious answer was time constraints.

>allowed the developers to fix issues each month that they didn't see beforehand

Issues that could be fixed in a full release with a reasonable timeframe to do it, instead of churning out the game as fast as you can, and essentially, putting on the marked a game in beta so you can make more money off of it.

Fuck that. That's shitty business.

good, mankind divided was garbage

Apparently someone who worked on the game said the game was origianlly meant to be bigger.

That said - saying 'forced' sequel is bullshit. I mean the game must have been two or three times as long for them to wrap up Jensen's story. Considering there has been plans fir a 'Deus Ex Universe' before the game even came out, I think it's fairly obvious there was always going to be another Deus Ex game. The next one or two would just contian content that should have been in MD.

I relaly don't get the complaints about MD's length though. The game really does end abruptly, but it's not a short game. In fact, I'd say my first playthrough was the longest playthrough I've done of any Deus Ex game. It may lack in the main story, but the hub and side quests more than make up for it - both in terms of quantity and quality.

That makes me pretty mad, didnt know they decided to bin it. For all its faults, i was going to put up with their shitty practices as long as the content kept coming.

Guess its down to Cyberpunk 2077 now.

>I relaly don't get the complaints about MD's length though. The game really does end abruptly, but it's not a short game.
I was prepared for the game to not have an ending since that's what everyone was saying, so I was almost pleasantly surprised that the game actually did have a conclusion and wrap the main plot up, though it does just feel like a normal story mission is suddenly the end of the game.

Where the game actually ends makes sense, but you just get the feeling there should have been more, and it will be in a sequel.

I'd rather you killed yourself
nu-deus ex boils down to
>augs are nigger-muslim hybrid that dindu nuffin^3
>augs lives matter
>Picus is the only media outlet with a monopoly over TV and Internet with Alex Jones immitation on the radios.

Ehh, I mean they kinda fucked up the writing with md, they clearly have so problems internally. Nice if they fixed those before making another one.

It's not the worst offender of the "Finishing the fight" trope, but it comes close. it's a coitus interruptus when the game looks like it's ramping up.

>Implying cyberpunk and Deus-Ex hasn't always been like that and it isn't better off for it.

You Sup Forumsacks are as retarded as tumbrites. Can't you just enjoy science-fiction for what it is without filtering everything through politics. Hell, the game doesn't make you take part in any of that if you don't want to, and you can tell them to fuck off if you like.

Except it's shit ever since IW, you retard.
Even the lead writer for dude sex mankink provided said she wants a parallel to m-muh ""refugee"" crisis.
The game devs thing Czech Republic is Russia, and filled with niggers.
>merchant call a terminator-tier cyborg using the Russian insult that literally will get your face bashed inside your skull like it's nothing
>Vega has been made blacker, because she wasn't progressive enough in the fall
>Gay boss
>Pilot with last name "train molester" whose personality narrows down to bix nood, whitey augs broke my legs, moffuga. I ain't ur secretary jenson.

perhaps bethesda could buy out ip if square doesn't care anymore. I'm sure that Arkane could handle it well.

I don't know - I personally found it really difficult to get into Dishonoured 2, despite loving the first game. I think I've just got to the third mission, but the driv eto play isn't there.

I don't know if it;'s because I'm playing on console when I played the original on PC (so it feels different), or because I had exams at the time, but I've decided to put off playing it until the summer. I can't think of another time I've had to do this.

>merchant call a terminator-tier cyborg using the Russian insult that literally will get your face bashed inside your skull like it's nothing

So? it's not like the game wants to depict a realist portrayal of Prague. Jensen doesn't advertise he is the Terminator, and you can not play him like one if you wish.

>Vega has been made blacker, because she wasn't progressive enough in the fall.

Has no effect on the story whatsoever. What does it matter if a character is black or not. Peter Chang doesn't look remotely close to Asian, and I didn't give a fuck either.

>Gay boss

For you. I personally enjoyed it way more than the bosses in HR. The sheer number of options on how you can approach the 'fight' is great.

>Pilot with last name "train molester" whose personality narrows down to bix nood, whitey augs broke my legs, moffuga. I ain't ur secretary jenson.

Again. So? McReady is also an asshole to you for the most part, because of Aug issues, yet you don't bring him up because he isn't black? What does race have to do with anything?

Seriously, fuck off and die.

This just shows when you push out an uninspired sequel in a highly acclaimed franchise, it won't sell it's its not supurb.

I mean, come one. Making Adam the protagonist again? Only 1 hub? It seems like cut content from Human Revolution.

>For you. I personally enjoyed it way more than the bosses in HR. The sheer number of options on how you can approach the 'fight' is great.
I think he meant Miller, who is gay. That's something you can find out by his apartment.

Stop

Writing

That

Faggot

Plebbitor

Forgot every character's personality boils down to
>Hate augs >:(
>m-m-muh mechanical apartheid
>worst that happens is police checking your papers
>Aug district and traincar/station section is made into a filthy ghetto by the augs themselves

>>Pissed SE put all their resources into their games while abandoning their Japanese side

Oh yeah they should totally make more Final Fantasy flops. 13 and 15 weren't quite shitty enough.

t. never played the game

And yet again, so? Aren't there a lot of gay people in the world.
Miller is, in fact, a great portrayal of a gay character in media. Being gay is not his character, it's just his sexuality. It doesn't come to play in the game at all, and it doesn't matter to the story at all. Why the fuck would I care if they made a character gay or straight, if the story isn't any worse for it, it has no bearing on the plot, and its only evidence are a couple of pictures and mails you find in his apartment. It's not like they show you videos of him fucking his husband up the ass and make you jerk off to it at gunpoint.

Not to mention his relationship with his husband seems to have gone to shit

He also commits child abuse :^)

>rip a mission straight from the game and make it a pre order bonus
>pre order items are ONE TIME USA
>sell a season fucking pass for Deus Ex
>end the game early to sell the rest of the story as DLC
>PC port has loads of launch issues
>"Due to low sales, Deus Ex is on hiatus."

I wanted FF XV to fail after what SE did to MD.