How do I "git gud" in Civ V?

How do I "git gud" in Civ V?

you play a real strategy game instead

learn the AI patterns and then cheese it. Invest in defenses, stick ranged units in cities, declare war. Once it's been a while, the AI will surrender and probably toss one or more of their cities in the deal.

More important question, will she ever get any r34

>Play Babylon
>Build wide
>Rush Writing
>Make an academy
>Rush Great Library
>Rush National College

There, you'll be atleast an era ahead of everyone.

population and science
Only need the population for more science

There's SFM of Civ V leaders, so probably.

Thanks for the bump, I guess.

How do I play against aggro Civs if I'm surronded by them? Do I make city states my allies in order to get some help or do I try befriend a Civ instead?

Play China and go wide

General rule of Civ 5 is that all AI are going to fuck you, those who are "friends" with you are at the very least not going to fuck you yet.

City states are good to have as friends since they give you resources and luxuries.

And generally you do a turtle strategy with spearmen at the front and archers at the back.

Turtle strategy is common sense, but my problem is that Zulu are quite near me and have declared war. Now they're swarming my two towns that didn't have time to prepare a solid defense. It's managable, but there's going to be a lot of casualties on my side.
How do you prevent that from happening in the future rounds? Is map placement also a big factor I should consider when playing?

I prefer England.

All CIV games suck ass. The AI is dumb as fuck, it has no actual strategy, it is stupid as fuck and predictable.

Any recommendations for strategy games where AI is actually scheming something? Can be grand strategy

You build an army as you play, as duh as that sounds it'd give you a buffer force to help guard your borders whilst you shit out more units. Sounds like building a military wasn't really a priority during your play.

As for map, generally I like having mountains at the borders of my city to funnel the enemy but this could also fuck you since it'd bottleneck your troops when you go on the offensive. Otherwise building forts whilst time consuming does help your border strength.

Also I was wrong here , Babylon is best when playing tall.

I did build troops, but the problem is the enemy expanded more of his teritory, so he produced a larger amount of them and swarmed me. I'm clearing him now and have dealt with him for the most part, but I want to prepare myself for future games in order to not make the same mistake twice.

What this guy said Science is the most important thing
You can turtle and win with culture too but it takes longer
For military if you get to the artillery basically you won because the bots just can't handle them at all
Btw i played Civ 5 for a long time and played often on Immortal but then i discovered a community patch mod and i am getting my ass handed to me but i don't know if the IA is just retarded and has bullshit advantages or if i just sucks at the mod still
I try hard to even win on Prince so what the fuck

How was your science? Because if Shaka is building wide as fuck then his science should be suffering because of that.

Otherwise if you're having trouble, try playing Ethiopia and when you enhanced your religion pick Defender of the Faith. That way you'd have 40% more combat strength when turtling.

How is community balance patch? I've heard it's pretty unbalanced if you play Huns on Great Plains since you'd be expanding like hell.

Why can I not get this fucker to stop declaring war on me

My science wasn't the best, but it was okay enough. I even stole something with my spy.
Also, can you give me advice on how I should utilize great people?

The community balance patch is pretty interesting, it adds a lot more depht and more of basically everything and even new mechanics (the great Diplomats, corporation and monopolies)
And everything is reworded and it is pretty cool
However i find the bot extremely OP and they are super aggressive and attack with never ending waves of troops
But it might be because i suck still i don't know
The war in the picture i posted before lasted for like a 100 turns and they just never stopped and we just stalled while fucking Napoleon won a cultural victory
It is pretty challenging

Generally in my opinion

Artist, use for golden ages generally

Musicians, use for great works

Writers, use for culture to grab the policies you need otherwise great works

Engineer, use it to rush important/amazing wonders e.g. Chicken Icky, Machu Pichu, Notre Dame, Colossus, Petra if you're in the desert otherwise it's best to put them on top of your horses/iron/strategic resources.

Scientist, use them to make an academy for early/mid game. Late game use them to rush techs.

That's how I'd do it but I can only really play up to King, Deity pushes my shit in

Sounds pretty good, my friend has been bugging me to play it for a while.

I play on Emperor and don't find it that hard, but in my past rounds I didn't pursue science in time so I ended up fucked.

In the community patch, Chieftain is the new Prince or 'normal' difficulty.

The community patch is the only way I can play Civ 5 anymore. War is still tedious as fuck though but that's a problem with the game and not the mod.

grocee