Not recommended

>Not recommended
>200+ hours on record
>"Shit game bad value for money complete waste of time"

>Games cant have a turning point and start becoming shit.

>Games don't change for the worst

>tfw wasted 6000 hours in an mmo and in the end I wouldn't recommend it

>Pay 30 bucks 190 hours of gaming entertainment and enjoy every moment
>Last few hours are shit
>"This game is bad value for money"

>normies will never know the feeling of spending 800 hours in an objectively bad game because they are addicted to it

>less than 10 hours
>"You haven't played it enough to say it's bad."
>more than 10 hours
>"You've played it too much to say it's bad."

>200 hours
>HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I wrote a negative review for darkest dungeon because I bought it on release and it wasn't very good, especially not for like $40.

I purchased it on humble bundle at some point for < $10 and have since played 30-40 hours of it.

I still haven't changed my review. Maybe I should.

Your post underlines the fallibility of using averaged reviews.

desu I have around 3 days in Destiny and I still feel it was a waste of time
no endgame, boring grind, unbalanced PVP
too bad because the aesthetics are top

Wow, are you okay?

200 is definitely more than 10.

reviews come with the date up front though. People know when a review is posted. Anyone not caring enough to read through reviews isnt going to care anyway

It's about recommending it in its current state for potential buyers

>>Pay 30 bucks 190 hours of gaming entertainment and enjoy every moment
>>Last few hours are shit
>>"This game is bad value for money"
I was talking about games like TF2 that got updates that made the game worse and worse.

It would help if you could post which game it is.

Certain games have gotten updates in the past that completely changed or ruined them. You may have played 200 hours before the patch and then thought the game went to shit after it. At that point, would you really recommend it?

I recently looked at some reviews of Ark
Some guy had like 2000 hours and rated it negatively. But when I read his review I realized why.

He said he loved the game, but eventually the devs added the ability to hop servers with all your stuff. Which meant there were groups of 20+ fully geared people going around on every server and wiping everyone.
It got to the point where everyone was just building, waiting until the 'alpha tribes' came by the server and destroyed everything.
So he rated it negatively. Makes sense to me I guess.

Guess the game.

>Witcher 3

>0.9 hours
>this game stinks
>LOL PLAY IT LONGER
>200 hours
>this game stinks
>LOL BUT YOU PLAYED IT FOR A LONG TIME

he probably hates it because it destroyed his life.

This.
>Game is fun and keeps you entertained for over 30 hours.
>The ending of the game's story completely invalidates any fun I had.
Retarded, anyone with this mindset isn't taken seriously by anyone with a brain.

Team Fortress or Counter Strike?

>what are irreversible game updates

these threads are retarded and so are you OP

I find it weird when I have over hundred hours in a game and I call it average people think i'm bitter.

A game doesn't need to be a 10/10 in order to play it.

I probably got hundreds of hours in Hearthstone and I wouldn't recommend that game to anyone.

>play less than 2 hours
>HURR DURR you haven't even seen the gameplay!
>play 80 hours
>You moron, you just haven't REALLY played it, you didn't get good, the fun begins on high levels/late game!
>play 800+ hours
>If you played it so much, how come you say it's not fun?

Fuck off, nigger. People have been feeding me promises of Lineage 2 becoming good in late game, but guess what, it still sucked ass.

ITT: Poorfags

>and I call it average people think i'm bitter.
You're much less bitter than everyone else here, where a game either captures their nostalgia enough to make them forget about their failing adult lives or "0/10 it's shit industry crash when.... oh yeah I don't buy videogames so companies don't give a shit what I think anyway."

Not every game has large game updates and when people say its retarded its usually because they are referring to examples when there hasn't been game changing patches. Use common fucking sense.

Why?

If a game can't get good in 1 hour then it's got shit pacing. (Baring RPGs and shit, if you're looking to test an RPG within the refund time you're a moron)
If the developer can trick me into buying a 15$ game because they made the first two hours fun then they deserve my money, 2 hours of fun is pretty difficult considering the garbage pumped out nowadays.
And if you're buying games ON RELEASE and get fucked by the refund timer you're an idiot, if you're so on the edge you're looking to refund you shouldn't buy the game on release.

Loadout.

>spend hundreds of hours mindlessly gayman, waiting for it to "get good"
>suddenly realize that you haven't been enjoying yourself this entire time but you were too autistic to notice

It is Blacklight.

I feel like this playing rust.
>mining
>chopping wood
>fortifying base
>crafting gun power
>getting guns
Then
>nothing happens
>don't end up raiding (all other bases too raid proof for small amount of gun powder)
>get offline raided
>lost all desire to play

All those wasted hours, for what? The thought of making a really cool base, raiding people's shit, gunfights, etc. all sound great and get me playing. But then it doesn't happen.

Lets switch it up.
200+hours, but its Highly recommended.
What game is it?

I have 1000+hours in MH4U, I still go back at it from time to time.

Because the devolopers are some of the worst retards in the world and can't design a good game if their life depended on it. Seriously, if this game didn't have the Blizzard logo beside it nobody would even bother playing it anymore. It was fine in the early days, but they haven't printed a good expansion since Leauge of Explorers, and that's over a year ago. The current meta either have you playing a hyper aggro decks that end the games on turn 5 or a variant of a control deck that all centeres around the same two cards. Shaman has been tier 1 and broken for a year now, but they refuse to acknowledge it. I've never seen developers that got their head up their ass as much as them.

Fuck Ben Brode. Fuck Team 5. Fuck Hearthstone. Fuck Purify.

These things are recommendations.

If the game became horrendous now because of a complete overhaul, then you would no longer recommend it despite having had fun with it in the past.

That's how it works kid.

any monster hunter applies

pretty much all fallout 4 bad reviews

Why would you recommend the game where you need to waste 200hr of your life?

>this trilogy is fantastic!
>okay, the last two games suck by any objective standard but that does not invalidate how fun the trilogy is!

>invest 10 hours to get an item
>item turns out to be crap
>“shit item not worth it, complete waste of time”
>B-B-B-BUT 10 HOURS HURR

Isn't that all Sup Forums is though?

That's his point imbecile.

What I first though desu. I will never forgive the devs for deleting the oceanic servers rather than fixing them because they were so broken. And they said, 'You can continue to play on the US servers since they share an account!' like really nigger I'm not going to play with 500 ping.

SHIT GAME
>SHIT GAME
SHITE GAME
>SHIT GAME

>Recommended
>0.1 hrs on record
>Game is great. You'll like it. Ignore the haters.

>30% of the 1000+ user reviews in the last 30 days are positive.

Really makes you think.

A game can show initial promise that keeps you playing yet never actually deliver on that promise.

>play game for over 20 hours
>steam bugs and shows only 6 minutes

>play game for months
>devs slowly run it down to the point where it's garbage
>lol you have 200 hours that means you must like it

never underestimate the power of autism. there is a guy with a negative review of fallout 4 with 900 hours. spending literally more than a month alone in a video game and not liking it. imagine that

Even then if the turning point is 200 fucking hours id say its worth the money.

>imagine

haha yeah you must be really pathetic to do something like that I mean who would ever play something they don't enjoy for years haha

its okay user we all did that
out of like 2k hours in csgo i probably enjoyed 1k the rest was pain

That's less than two days, what the fuck is wrong with you?

What's the game?

I put 100 hours into Fallout 4 expecting it to suddenly get good. I was convinced that the main questline was shit but the sidequests might be okay. I spent 100 hours looking for the secret fun part of the game that i was sure would exist. It didn't exist.
That game sucks shit.

Did you enjoy the first 1k hours then hate the last 1k? Or was it more of a mix between the two throughout?

i would say i enjoyed the most when it was new for me and i played it with my friends. ranking up was actually fun but after some time it turned into a mindless grind and everytime i did not know what to do with my life i would just queue up and play a match i dont even enjoy

Exactly, OP and his cucks are a bunch of worthless faggots.

>play game
>is nice
>update ruins it
Like Team Fortress 2.

or
>play game
>is nice
>supposed to get better
>it doesn't

Like DayZ, which has been in Alpha for what, 4 years?

So basically, you are brain-damaged, fat Redditors, right?

>update ruins it
expect newcomers wont even notice the highly "ruined" gameplay. thats why its always full blown autism, butthurts with 2k hours giving negative rating

You're talking about 2 out of 3 full games vs the last 5% of a particular game..

>game is good
>turns to shit
>newcomers can't see if a game is shit
What if it's THAT shit?

>thats why its always full blown autism, butthurts with 2k hours giving negative rating
Why do you care?
Seriously?
Exactly how much of an autistic neckbeard do you have to be to give a single fuck about whatever people type in Steam reviews?
Who cares?
Are you also the kind that unironically reads comments posted in Youtube?
Really, I can't say it enough times, who gives a single fuck?

I think you don't understand the point that is trying to be made here. If you spend a considerable amount of time doing something when you could be doing something else, there is reason to believe that you enjoyed it or else you wouldn't have spent a large amount of time doing it.

>there is reason to believe that you enjoyed it
And what if an update turns the game into shit, not letting you enjoy it anymore?
Because I think a lot of those reviews mention ''The game was good, but it turned into shit because of this.''

>900 hours on record
>meh, gets boring after a while

>1700h+
>play regularly
>not recommended
The genre is so devoid of competition that objectively shit games are your only option.

So what?
Who cares?
What are you going to do about it, try to censor him?
No, you are going to say how angry you are that some random fucko typed a review on Steam.
Once again, I don't know how many times i've said it in Who cares?

game get's an incredibly shitty update out of nowhere

this

>neo-Sup Forumsedditors gets triggered by game reviews
It's absolutely pathetic, because 10 years ago this place would write those reviews in hopes of getting reactions such as these since no one but autismos would get triggered by this trivial crap.

Well why don't you mention that then, because every thread on this subject on Sup Forums always uses the image of the reviewer with 500 hours in a game that will only leave a review of
> game is shit, do not recommend

Maybe I do like the game but don't want it getting popular lest it get invaded by cancerous faggots that ruin it.

>If you spend a considerable amount of time doing something when you could be doing something else, there is reason to believe that you enjoyed it or else you wouldn't have spent a large amount of time doing it.
Then why would they recommend against playing the game?
Checkmate.

>Well why don't you mention that then,
Who gives a fuck.
Why do you even give a fuck.
Seriously, do tell, what the fuck made you care a single bit about a fucking Steam review.

I hope you can realize where you are.

This.
Report, sage, hide.

>you can't personally like something while knowing it's bad compared to other games and thus not recommending it to others

Are you retarded?

>500 hours in a game
>''game sux lol''
>negative review
>some neckbeard on the internet is going to get mad at this shit

Planetside 2?

>Who cares?
obviously he cares, you autistic retard. this always manages to piss me off because it's just such a retarded question. just shut up if you literally don't have a single thing of worth to say.

>Played 12 hours of No Man's Sky and still no refund

I can only blame myself, yet, I will learn from the experience

user, if I sold you a sandwich where the last few bites were packed with my shit would you honestly recommend others buy it?
>Just don't bite the last bit
So instead of buying another sandwich sans shit with your money, you're going to eat 70% of my shit sandwiches?
You know I'm just going to keep using your money to make shit sandwiches right? At no point will I suddenly stop and improve my method if no feedback addresses it.
This seems a sensible course of action for you the consumer and me the supplier? 100% earning for 70% satisfaction?

>married for 12 years
>Wife is shit

fucking casuals thinking a 100 is a big deal

>Food analogy

Like clockwork.

>obviously he cares
Why?

>this always manages to piss me off
Because you are the kind of autist that gets pissed off at videogame reviews of random people?

>if you literally don't have a single thing of worth to say
This entire thread has nothing at all worth to say.
It's some autismo getting triggered at videogame reviews, there's nothing worth here, there's nothing of value to read in this thread, in fact, mods should delete it because it's nothing but shitposting.

>food analog-
actually, this one's pretty good.

>4 hours
>You saying it's shit is okay because you gave it a chance, and you clearly didn't want to play it any longer than you did.

>200+ hours on record
>"Shit game bad value for money complete waste of time"
You know that this amount of hours is an indicator for a game to stay away from?
A great game is good for a playtime of 35-50 hours.
Anything above that is a time waster.
Anything below that is a money waster.
Both kinds are shit video games.

Counter-Strike GO

Mother fucker if that first 70% of that sandwich was the best stuff I'd ever put in my mouth I'd still be satisfied with the enjoyment I got out of that 70%

>"Too much content"

that system is so retarded I'd bet you dont even use it

>you haven't even finished it yet how can you say its shit?

>live for 32 years
>life is sucks