Backed 29 dollars into this. Pillars of Eternity was great and Deadfire is gonna be even better

Backed 29 dollars into this. Pillars of Eternity was great and Deadfire is gonna be even better.

I pledged 45 when I learned Fenstermaker was back. Now if only they could have a stretchgoal for one more companion...

what could possibly go wrong? It's a better setting and they have a lot of feedback from PoE1

>BLACKED 29 dollars into this
What?

What did you do with his soul? It's gonna matter for the sequel.

>Nigress is back
>when literally nobody cared about birdgina

why did they make a kickstarter for this

was poe1 THAT unprofitable?

also,

>crpg shit

hes a bull and he made his cuck donate

Destroyed it. He's a fucking retard.
>HURRRRRRR NO ONE MUST KNOW MY SECRET
>HURRRRRR I'LL KILL BENEVOLENT KINGS, CRIPPLE KINGDOMS WHERE PEOPLE HAVE IT GOOD AND CAUSE CRISES AFTER CRISES BECAUSE I'M FUCKING SILLY

so is the ship your stronghold now? cus that sounds pretty cool

They already showed a lot of improvements in White Marche dlcs, i am optimistic it would be good, although i honestly wish they dump rtwp and go full turn based.

it's basically a marketing stunt, the game's been in production since PoE launched. Also the funds allow for more fleshed out game.

So they are taking Larian approach then. Kudos

I think I took the same decision, had enough of his shit

I'm guessing they needed a female companion to return and none of the others were appropriate. I would have preferred Grieving Mother since Sagani is out of the question.

his justification for all of that was also fucking dumb
>durp durp what does it matter? time goes on anyway you fucking nerd :^)

>They already showed a lot of improvements in White Marche dlcs

People keep saying that but I really have no idea what they're talking about, the dlc was the same as the base game in most ways

I hope they implement the hyperlinks during conversations that Tranny did, with them disappearing after being shown at least 10 times.

Destroyed him to give him peace, along with the souls I sent to Rymrgand after he redpilled me.

Rymrgand was the worst after the lul so randumb XD god

>DUDE JUST DESTROY THEM EVERYTHING GETS DESTROYED EVENTUALLY SO JUST DO IT NOW HAHA JUST KILL YOURSELF NOW SINCE YOU DIE ANYWAY HAHA

Will it have a load screen every time you enter a one room house?

Same as these two
I disintegrated his ass. He caused enough suffering for infinite lifetimes, his time was over.

PoE is a good game, I'll throw in a few bucks for a sequel.

Been a while but i think i destroyed him and gave the souls to Ondra or galawain, not sure

Josh Sawyer wrote Pallegina and I guess he wants to get back to this character, for some reason. He knows it's one of the least popular characters in the first game, though.

It was better designed in pretty much every way, a lot less lore dump, most things that you needed to know were shown to you through scripted interactions or zone design, which made it far more organic and easier to swallow. Like when in part 1 you get dwarf ghosts mention eyeless and then in part 2 you shown Abydon smith some iron monstrosities without eyes. Then when you get to Ondra monastery and see a giant skeleton and you start to realize what the fuck is going on even before the dialogue with Ondra.

>DUDE JUST DESTROY THEM EVERYTHING GETS DESTROYED EVENTUALLY SO JUST DO IT NOW HAHA JUST KILL YOURSELF NOW SINCE YOU DIE ANYWAY HAHA

Everything that you just said is true. Whats the problem? Just swallow the blackpill my dude.

Plus that's a bit of a simplification. He says the souls are pretty damaged after the traumatic experience they've been through and since they'll get given to the cold void eventually you may as well do it now.

Kill yourself now.

They haven't confirmed it yet but yeah

yes masa rite away siir.

Seriously though during Rymrgands quest we encounter his snow elf followers that want to kill themselves and destroy their souls BUT Rymrgand wants us to stop them proving that he doesn't want everybody to kill themselves. Decay is slow and over time. There is still purpose to life even if at the end of the rode is oblivion. Those souls at Sun in Shadow were at the end of the road.

If that's the case then why doesn't he let them decay naturally? Why does he force you to destroy them?

He doesn't force you to destroy them. He is one God among many with different opinions on what to do with the souls. It's his opinion that the souls are too traumatized to return to the wheel and should be destroyed. But he won't burn down your house if you decide to return them to the wheel or whatever to decay over time. As he says: He'll get the souls eventually.

>where will Fulvano go next? Get the word out, and help Fulvano get there even faster!
But
Isn't he, like, dead?

I chained his soul to a pillar for all of eternity.

>Aloth using fire on a sea creature on a wooden boat

What did you expect, she's a double quote. Grieving mother would have been a better choice. Hell, even among the males who return Durance would have been better.

All things points towards it.

>fish are immune to fire

>elf with brain issues
>not using fire on a sea creature on a wooden boat

Why should fire not work on fish creatures?

>shooting fire at something thats going to back under the water in seconds
>fish"

I want you to get a blow torch and blast it into your face then dive into a swimming pool. I'm sure you will be OK!

Its not a fish, retards.

I thought so, wasn't he the corpse you see? He has a letter or something.

I imagine this expedition he made in Deadfire was prior to his death in Dyrwood.

Looks effective to me

>implying a fireball is similar to a blowtorch

The problem is both those characters were written by Avellone and he isn't a writer for Obsidian anymore. Although Sawyer did say that it was possible you could maybe meet them in Deadfire, provided it made sense.

Looks more like a ray of fire to me

Well, if you promise him you'll destroy the souls but you don't, he does get pretty fucking pissed. But I imagine that at that point it's more for the principle of the thing.

>implying it's not
Fine stick your head in a camp fire then I don't know. Fireballs in pillars are quite explosive so detonate a c4 explosive in your face then dive into a swimming pool. I'm sure you will be OK!

I only implied that electricity/lightning would work better in that situation.

yo, stop being an autist

>Using lightning on a wet ship
>electrocuting yourself and all of your friends and companions.
A frost spell would be EVEN better. freeze the creature and let it drift away.

Should have brought a druid then

Well if the ship is wet then that would freeze as well, wouldn't it.

He also said himself that he was unsatisfied with how she turned out, maybe he wants to redeem the character.

So do you guys know what will carry over from a previous PoE1 save ?

Any equipment or level ? or just Mass Effect style "this conversation is slightly altered because you did the thing"

You brought up the price point because you are a shill.

Organic interest in the game would consist of discussing its content or your hopes about what might be included.

I personally didn't mind her. Thought she was a bit interesting and her quest was alright, but I didn't like her enough to ever have her in my main party when I liked the majority of the other companions better.

Water would either be a perfect insulator, or spread the charge out, weakening the damage.

This will be Obsidians best game ever made. Ironic, that Avellone won't be on the team to receive credit.

Yeah, I can't believe he would only spend 29 dollars for the digital download when he could instead pledge 45 bucks for the Premium Digital™ like I did

Ok. He should have used an arcane spell then. Shot a projectile of non elemental magic power!

Your decisions carry over, but when the game starts, your keep blows up and Eothas sucks your soul, so you're back at level 1. I imagine you lose on all equipment too. They're considering letting you change classes and maybe even races if you want.

I don't understand this picture.

What possible scenario would result in a simultaneous pirate AND giant sea creature attack?

It's very dynamic, but if you start to think about it, it makes less and less sense.

You are not interested in discussion anyway are you? Just come into these threads to shout SHIT SHIT SHILL SHILL.

sigh, so this isn't really a BG2 then
what a wasted opportunity

bg2 is overrated tripe, stop bringing it up in every fucking poe thread

1) Pirates board your ship to pirate your shit
2) A sea monster gets awakened by the gunshots and is pissed that these human assholes would ruin its beauty sleep like that

>implying BG2 was good
You're trying to trigger people, aren't you?

Pirates controls the creature

Yeah, at the Compass. Kinda baffling how he survived the horrors of Deadfire, only to die in a backwater shithole that is Dyrwood.

calm your autism

What do you mean?
>Pirates attack
>All the commotion attracts the attention of a nearby Kraken.
Kraken raid boss with pirate mobs that help you kill it while trying to kill you when?

Will there be a Sea Dragon in this game? We've had Adra, Swamp, Air(sky), and Ice.

I did no such thing, dear consumer. I'll have you know I'm very excited for Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire which currently has a kickstarter on fig.

If it's anything like the first game, it will still have a pretty good amount of end-game content, if that's what you're worried about.

I like starting level 1 again, the high level campaign was a good idea for Baldur's Gate 2 because low level encounters sucked in that system.

Hello fellow Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire (your's now for the reasonable price of £99.99) enthusiast that I am in no way affiliated with. You forgot to link them to the site so they can brows the information and maybe even back the game themselves! Here I will assist you: www.pillarsofeternity2:theelectricboogaloo/shill.com

It feels pointless to go with the Watcher again desu

>obsidian meme shit

No thanks

Maybe they'll have some fun reactivity about shit you did in the first game. Nothing major, but a bit of dialogue over your accomplishments is neat. They did say that you can start the game without importing a save and just make a series of decisions to emulate the save.

PoE was probably the blandest game ever created

Why thank you fellow gamer. How could I be so careless I'll never know. Perhaps the so called 'hype' got the better of me.

Undeads when.

Nyah!

>Play D:OS 2 for the combat until I inevitably get bored
>Play through all of PoE 2 because, despite the weaker combat, it's stronger in every other aspect
Just like the time around.

>Water would either be a perfect insulator or spread the charge out, weakening the damage.

>Sea water
>water and salt
>insulator

Most retarded post of the month right here fellas

>he doesn't know that OS2 is going to have far better writing than PoE2

cool story chris
have fun in your retirement old dude

Different strokes for different folks I suppose. I enjoyed both games for different reasons tbqh. Why must we have these incessant game wars?

You've made this exact same post in every Pillars of Eternity thread I've seen, what's up with you?

Weirdo

This

It's merely infinity engine nostalgiabait that brings nothing new to the genre like DivOS did.

It's Bethesda tier.

I know it has Avellone, but it's still in the Divinity setting and it still has its classic wacky self-aware cheesy writing so, nah, not gonna happen.

REMOVE PoE remove poe
you are worst obshitian. you are the obshitian idiot you are the obshitian smell. return to black isle. to our caen brothers you may come our company. you may make clayfighter 2….ahahahaha ,brain fargo we will never forgeve you. urqart rascal FUck but fuck asshole obshitian stink avellone avellone..alpha popamole best day of my life. take a bath of dead sis..ahahahahahBRAIN FARGO WE WILL GET YOU!! do not forget fallout new faggot .bethseda we kill tod howard , saywer return to your precious wisconsin….hahahahaha idiot avellone and saywer smell so bad..wow i can smell it. REMOVE OBSHITIAN FROM PREMISES. you will get caught.bethseda+blizzard+ubisoft+biowaer=kill obshitian…you will pete hines/ larian alive in rivellon, larian making game of rivellon. fast rap larian rivellon. larian are rich and have money now hahahaha ha because of kikcstarter… you are ppoor stink obshitian… you live in a hovel hahahaha, you live in a yurt

larian alive numbr one #1 in rpg ….fuck obshitian ,..FUCKk ashol poe no good i spit in the mouth eye of ur bugs and rtwp. swen aliv and real strong wizard kill all obshitian rtwp popamole with magic now turn based rule .ape of the zoo josh saywer fukc roguey and lay egg this egg hatch and shitternity wa;s born. stupid baby form the eggn give bak our clay we will crush u lik a skull of pig. divinty greattst rpg

How dare you?
I beat Llengrath and her two dipshits on POTD and everything!

daily reminder real time with pause is infinitely superior to shit tier turn based because it's the same thing except not shit

daily reminder people memeing in these threads have not thought it through but they will just repeat it for meme sake in the hopes that they come off as superior or knowledgeable in the discussions

don't believe them and don't repeat what they say

Avellone is going to write a few several characters at most. He's not enough to save the game from having absolutely abysmal Larian tier writing.

Ah the discussion police have arrived. They usually get to Pillars threads alot quicker.

I'll post some of the shit that always gets shit out to get it over with and maybe we can go back to discussion.
>BORING
>YAWN
>SHIT GAME
>BG2 IS BETTER
>IF ITS NOT TO THE SAME STANDARD OF BG2 ITS SHIT
>D:OS IS BETTER REE this one makes me laugh especially hard considering it's story was so shit. Admittedly I enjoyed turn based combat more.

There. Done.

Deleted his memories and sent him back in the cycle.